Colorado WRX 2015

pseudoswede

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='lefty67' timestamp='1434560460' post='11769612']
i tried the air compressor thing - didn't seem as easy as the Internet implied... but maybe that's just me.

Using tape + solvent is easy enough. I'd guess it takes me 10-15 minutes per club, with most of that time spent cleaning the old tape off the shaft.
[/quote]

I can change my grips with air. I doubt I spend a minute per club doing it.

Wow. Me and Jason Day have something in common.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='dirtyboy' timestamp='1434591822' post='11773160']
[quote name='lefty67' timestamp='1434560460' post='11769612']
i tried the air compressor thing - didn't seem as easy as the Internet implied... but maybe that's just me.

Using tape + solvent is easy enough. I'd guess it takes me 10-15 minutes per club, with most of that time spent cleaning the old tape off the shaft.
[/quote]

I can change my grips with air. I doubt I spend a minute per club doing it.
[/quote]

is it as straight forward as the internet video's make it appear. any tips on getting the grip lined up perfectly?

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

The weather here in Sweden has been Colorado-esque. On Sunday, it was gorgeous and 90-freakin'-degrees (truly unheard of). Yesterday, it was raining and 59.

I'm playing a new (to me) golf course tomorrow. My brother-in-law grew up playing here; since he won the family golf tournament last year, he got to pick where we play this year. The tournament is next Friday.

http://kgk.mocomab.se/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/banoversikt.jpg

6450yds from the back tees.

good luck! Maybe the family golf tournament will be played in Colorado next year :rockon:

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

[quote name='masamitsu' timestamp='1436552424' post='11924396']
good luck! Maybe the family golf tournament will be played in Colorado next year
[/quote]

Fat chance. Went out and shot a smooth 99. :cry: I had more triples/quads than pars. When I play at near sea level, I develop a massive hook. Think Jackie Mason in [i]Caddyshack 2[/i], except to the left. Five lost balls in to the forest. If we were playing at altitude, I could drive about half of the par 4's; instead, here, I'm chipping for bogey.

At least this jacks my handicap up for when I return. :D

I feel your pain brother. Went on a 10-day golf trip in May to Fla/Myrtle. Drove it like a champ but couldn't hit an iron to save my soul. Putted great as well .. unfortunately most of my putts were for bogey. Nothing hurts more than hitting 10-12 fairways and shooting mid-to-high 80s... or higher :dntknw:

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

[quote name='masamitsu' timestamp='1436881722' post='11945576']
I feel your pain brother. Went on a 10-day golf trip in May to Fla/Myrtle. Drove it like a champ but couldn't hit an iron to save my soul. Putted great as well .. unfortunately most of my putts were for bogey. Nothing hurts more than hitting 10-12 fairways and shooting mid-to-high 80s... or higher :dntknw:
[/quote]

Bermuda just looks green, every fairway lie is really a ball sitting on muddy ground.

Guys, has anyone played Highlands Ranch Golf Club? Home of DU golf team? Semi private club I guess, and a member is taking us out on Sunday so hopefully we get a discount. Looks good on the website, but for some reason this is a track that I have heard nothing at all about, which surprises me as it appears pretty affordable and overall like a good place to play. Any info fellas?

TM M4 10.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei White 70X
Callaway Rogue 4 wood Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

[quote name='cphrey' timestamp='1436975487' post='11953886']
Guys, has anyone played Highlands Ranch Golf Club? Home of DU golf team? Semi private club I guess, and a member is taking us out on Sunday so hopefully we get a discount. Looks good on the website, but for some reason this is a track that I have heard nothing at all about, which surprises me as it appears pretty affordable and overall like a good place to play. Any info fellas?
[/quote]

Played last year, it was in nice condition. A couple holes are tough to know what to hit off the tee, but good overall layout and fun. Nothing overly challenging or overly easy. I don't think DU does any advertising for the course so it doesn't get any hype. I believe DU actually owns it now via an estate donation is what I was told? Someone feel free to correct me on that.

I was looking at the wrong prices so it's not quite as affordable as I thought. So unless our member friend can get the $90 rate down to $65 or less we will be out at Foothills instead of Highlands Ranch. Foothills is always in pretty nice shape and is a good deal, so not too worried about that, but would love to get a round in at HR if we can.

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

HR GC has been in those golf passport book thingys in the past.

[quote name='cphrey' timestamp='1437055723' post='11959364']
I was looking at the wrong prices so it's not quite as affordable as I thought. So unless our member friend can get the $90 rate down to $65 or less we will be out at Foothills instead of Highlands Ranch. Foothills is always in pretty nice shape and is a good deal, so not too worried about that, but would love to get a round in at HR if we can.
[/quote]

When I worked at Dish, we had an annual golf tournament there. It's not bad, but nothing special. Then again I play league at the Links so what do I know :)

I also don't mind the Foothills/Meadows courses one bit....for the right price I'll play most places. It's still golf.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

[quote name='pseudoswede' timestamp='1436552146' post='11924368']
I'm playing a new (to me) golf course tomorrow. My brother-in-law grew up playing here; since he won the family golf tournament last year, he got to pick where we play this year. The tournament is next Friday.
[/quote]

Due to potentially bad weather, we moved the tournament to my [url="http://www.hammarogk.se/banan/guide.php"]parent-in-law's home course[/url]. This is also the course that Jonas Blixt grew up playing; now he hosts a junior tournament here the week after The Open. It is an incredibly difficult course where you're insane if you pull out driver/hybrid on 11 of the first 12 holes; insanely narrow fairways lined both sides by thick Swedish forests. The course record from the tips is a mere 68 (par 71).

Three birdies, two triples, and one quad; walked off the course with a 90 and fifth place in my family's tournament. Given we're playing net stableford, it's difficult to beat out the 20/30 cappers in my family.

Guys. My buddy is having a 4 day tournament at Common Ground next weekend and wants more players. He's always wanted to play 4 straight days walking like the pros, so you will have to walk at least two days or use a caddy. If there's an issue where you can't walk I'm sure he'll with you but part of this is supposed to be the physical toll of 4 straight days. If you want in lemme know ASAP! Dm me your email and I'll forward you his details. Times on thurs and fri would be later to help with work schedules. Pretty fun idea I guess. I'm giving it a go but I'll be carting on Friday and Sunday. Well throw in 20-40 extra a day for skins and whatnot.

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

I have a 6:20am at Indian Peaks in Lafayette on Saturday morning if anyone is interested in playing. There is 1 spot open.

Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track

I filled the spot for tomorrow morning! Looking forward to playing.

[quote name='dirtyboy' timestamp='1438132927' post='12038400']
Any west slope golfers? We've played Lakota, Redlands, Battlement Mesa, looking south of I 70, towards the end of September. Any course recommendations?
[/quote]

Roaring Fork Valley (Aspen) local here. The top courses in this area are all private (Aspen Glen, Roaring Fork Club, Maroon Creek Club).

As far as courses you can actually play:

-River Valley Ranch (Carbondale): Really fun track with a good layout, challenging but fair with great views of Mt. Sopris. Public.
-Ironbridge (Glenwood Springs): Worth it for the back nine, particularly holes 10-13. They are spectacular, you drive back about 10min into this little mini canyon and it is incredibly unique. The front is just ok, you play through a subdivision and some of the holes are a bit weird.
-Snowmass Club: Links style open layout and semi-private. Awesome views of Mt. Daly, Snowmass ski area and surrounding mountains, well taken care of, highly recommend. I think tee times are limited but I believe you can get on without a member, especially in late Sept.

[quote name='Jay ZG' timestamp='1438192004' post='12042370']
[quote name='dirtyboy' timestamp='1438132927' post='12038400']
Any west slope golfers? We've played Lakota, Redlands, Battlement Mesa, looking south of I 70, towards the end of September. Any course recommendations?
[/quote]

Roaring Fork Valley (Aspen) local here. The top courses in this area are all private (Aspen Glen, Roaring Fork Club, Maroon Creek Club).

As far as courses you can actually play:

-River Valley Ranch (Carbondale): Really fun track with a good layout, challenging but fair with great views of Mt. Sopris. Public.
-Ironbridge (Glenwood Springs): Worth it for the back nine, particularly holes 10-13. They are spectacular, you drive back about 10min into this little mini canyon and it is incredibly unique. The front is just ok, you play through a subdivision and some of the holes are a bit weird.
-Snowmass Club: Links style open layout and semi-private. Awesome views of Mt. Daly, Snowmass ski area and surrounding mountains, well taken care of, highly recommend. I think tee times are limited but I believe you can get on without a member, especially in late Sept.
[/quote]

Thanks, I was looking more at The Bridges, Devil's Thumb, Dalton Ranch, area.

Common Ground is playing tough these days. It ate me up yesterday and I have 3 more days left! That native area is thicker than ever out there. If you go into it, good luck.

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

[quote name='cphrey' timestamp='1438349481' post='12053318']
Common Ground is playing tough these days. It ate me up yesterday and I have 3 more days left! That native area is thicker than ever out there. If you go into it, good luck.
[/quote]

With the fairways as wide as they are out there, you shouldn't be in the native all that often! :P

[quote name='DTown3011' timestamp='1438367495' post='12055358']
[/quote]

With the fairways as wide as they are out there, you shouldn't be in the native all that often! :P
[/quote]

I can miss any FW! Been working on my drives a lot lately so I hit a bunch of good solid ones yesterday, but every now and then I have no idea where it's heading. When you are in work on your game mode, really bad shots can come out here and there.

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

[quote name='cphrey' timestamp='1438368183' post='12055422']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I can miss any FW! Been working on my drives a lot lately so I hit a bunch of good solid ones yesterday, but every now and then I have no idea where it's heading. When you are in work on your game mode, really bad shots can come out here and there.
[/quote]

I was kidding - I am the LAST person to criticize anyone's driving ability since it's the Achilles heel of my game. I've missed many-a-fairway at Commonground as well!

[quote name='DTown3011' timestamp='1438372365' post='12055800']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was kidding - I am the LAST person to criticize anyone's driving ability since it's the Achilles heel of my game. I've missed many-a-fairway at Commonground as well!
[/quote]

You guys need to go play the Dunes course at the Prairie Club. If you can miss those fairways.........then you've got a problem!

[quote name='deadsolid...shank' timestamp='1438372809' post='12055840']
[quote name='DTown3011' timestamp='1438372365' post='12055800']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You guys need to go play the Dunes course at the Prairie Club. If you can miss those fairways.........then you've got a problem!
[/quote]

Makes you wonder how many mowers it takes to do the course.