SetTheBarrHigh - Update on First Post

• 3 weeks later...

I got reunited with an old friend...kind of. When I was a sophomore in high schoo (2004-2005)l, I had planned on getting my first Scotty. That was a big deal for a 14 year old. I saved for a while and had enough and went to Edwin Watts in Shreveport and bought a Futura Phantom Mallet. I got home and it made me sick that I had spent so much money on it and got my dad to take it back the next morning. There was a minty, used G5i Craz-e there, so I asked him to grab that instead. I went on to win my District and Regional tournaments with it. A few years later I let my ex-girlfriend's brother borrow it and never saw it again. Saw this on the bay and grabbed it, maybe the nostalgia will carry me into a good 2015 season!

smqfdx.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Time for the 2014 Update.

I normally use a stand bag, so I threw them in the staff bag I keep my putters in for display purposes.

- I am still hanging with my F12 LS, after a short experiement with a G30.

- I upgraded to the 913 series for my fairway and hybrid spots at the beginning 2013 and am still pretty happy with them. Definitely going to check out the 915's, but not in a huge hurry to change.

- I put these 714 CB's early last year. I'm simple, just give me a clean, forged CB and I'm happy.

- The putter spot tends to rotate between a few Pings and Cameron's, but I think my throwback G5i Craz-e will see the most play this season..

I got bored this afternoon, so I took some pics of my small putter stable. My ButtonBack is in the backseat of my truck, I'll add a few more pics of it later.

Any questions, suggestions, and feedback is very much appreciated. Have a great season guys!

somp0i.jpg

Adams Speedline Fast 12 LS 10.5° - Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki Alpha

abjx1x.jpg

Titleist 913 F 15° - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana S+ Blue

2eqdk5i.jpg

Titleist 913 H 19° - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana S+ Blue

2csgtj8.jpg

Adams Idea Super DHY 24°

141nmmf.jpg

Titleist 714 CB 5-W - Project X 5.5

2d1pgdt.jpg

Titleist SM4 52°, 58° - KBS Tour

11wcz0g.jpg

Ping G5i Craz-e

smqfdx.jpg

Swing Vid

[media=]

[/media]

Putter Stable

15wsu8.jpg

Titleist Button Back Newport 2

23wwwmf.jpg

Ping BeCu B60

mkgaj8.jpg

2dqsxeg.jpg

Titleist Pro Platinum Newport Two

rjobq1.jpg

3345405.jpg

23u8wtx.jpg

Titleist Futura

11uep78.jpg

2eczxqc.jpg

Titleist Pro Platinum Mid Sur

2j5zyc9.jpg

6qd44w.jpg

actkjl.jpg

2afx6bs.jpg

Those CB's look amazing mate.

Nice set there. Those 714's are some of the nicest irons out there. My buddy plays them after playing callaway X14s with graphite shafts for around 12 years and loves them which I find odd going from extreme forgiveness/lightweight graphite shafts to 714s with KBS. That B60 brings back some memories for me as well.

Also, that scoreboard behind you intimidates the heck out of me.

[quote name='Steele47' timestamp='1418755918' post='10601719']
Nice set there. Those 714's are some of the nicest irons out there. My buddy plays them after playing callaway X14s with graphite shafts for around 12 years and loves them which I find odd going from extreme forgiveness/lightweight graphite shafts to 714s with KBS. That B60 brings back some memories for me as well.

Also, that scoreboard behind you intimidates the heck out of me.
[/quote]

I've had them for about a year. I do like them, but I still have a soft spot for the a12 Pro's I was playing before. The B60 is a great model! I love that thing!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The 850's are nice looking. Have been eyeing them this summer as I'm ready for an upgrade. I'm playing 99 Hogan Apex Plus forged irons I got as a hammy down from my dad in '05. Hit them well and very happy with them, they're just worn out and I think I'll benefit from a slightly more forgiving iron.

I've also seen the new JPX EZ Forged irons. Like the look of the 850's more but haven't hit either club more than a 6 iron on a simulator. Any feedback you have for me?

[quote name='KyleGilligan28' timestamp='1442968814' post='12353174']
The 850's are nice looking. Have been eyeing them this summer as I'm ready for an upgrade. I'm playing 99 Hogan Apex Plus forged irons I got as a hammy down from my dad in '05. Hit them well and very happy with them, they're just worn out and I think I'll benefit from a slightly more forgiving iron.

I've also seen the new JPX EZ Forged irons. Like the look of the 850's more but haven't hit either club more than a 6 iron on a simulator. Any feedback you have for me?
[/quote]

I had played 712 CB's for the last three to four years, and I got to a point where I wasn't playing as much as I used to and wanted something more forgiving, but didn't want to venture away from a forged club. I feel like this was a really good blend between what I came from and a GI iron. The lofts are stronger than my previous set, so that took a little while to get used to. The blade length and topline thickness were also something that I had to get used to visually.

If I were to order a set now, I would probably have an EZ Forged / 850 Forged blend with the 4,5 irons being EZ. I currently have a JPX 850 4 iron just because it's easier to hit.

The key is getting the shaft right, I wasn't a fan of the XP 115 at all. Mizuno doesn't upcharge for their shafts either, so it's a good thing to take advantage of.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='SetTheBarrHigh' timestamp='1443115658' post='12362224']
[quote name='KyleGilligan28' timestamp='1442968814' post='12353174']

[/quote]

I had played 712 CB's for the last three to four years, and I got to a point where I wasn't playing as much as I used to and wanted something more forgiving, but didn't want to venture away from a forged club. I feel like this was a really good blend between what I came from and a GI iron. The lofts are stronger than my previous set, so that took a little while to get used to. The blade length and topline thickness were also something that I had to get used to visually.

If I were to order a set now, I would probably have an EZ Forged / 850 Forged blend with the 4,5 irons being EZ. I currently have a JPX 850 4 iron just because it's easier to hit.

The key is getting the shaft right, I wasn't a fan of the XP 115 at all. Mizuno doesn't upcharge for their shafts either, so it's a good thing to take advantage of.
[/quote]

I hadn't thought of a blend between the sets. I like the idea!

Thanks man!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

A little bit of a sappy post.

I had a neighbor growing up that was very close to my family and I. He was an avid golfer, but his health didn't really let him play any longer. He ended up introducing my dad to the game and letting him borrow his clubs for a bit until he got his own. My dad had been playing for a year or so and George suggested that I start playing too so that I could spend more time with me dad. I was 12 at that time. He passed away when I was in college and I think about him often. Recently his son was going through old things and found George's clubs and gave his putter to me. It still has the original leather grip and some pretty cool bag chatter and wear. I don't know that I'll play it much, but it pretty much meant the world to me. I thought some people might appreciate it.

33uafl0.jpg

f066uq.jpg

• 1 month later...

Never tried the adams speedline personally, have just moved over to the M2 and personally with my favourite shaft addi its a corker of a combo. I love the look of that long neck machine, huge fan of machine putters, great quality.

Can just about see the top of your titleist bag, looks slightly different to mine?

Never tried the adams speedline personally, have just moved over to the M2 and personally with my favourite shaft addi its a corker of a combo. I love the look of that long neck machine, huge fan of machine putters, great quality.

Can just about see the top of your titleist bag, looks slightly different to mine?

Sure bud. It's actually at my parent's house at the moment. I found this image though that's the same as mine:

29dxz48.jpg

picked this up from another awesome WRX member. I had the intention of sending off the Custom Shop for a clean up and a silver finish application, but it came in cleaner than I thought it was going to be. It still might spend Christmas there, I haven't really decided.

atq26e.jpg

25ggxad.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I didn't have my best year on the greens and decided to try a new method over the winter. I picked up an BioMech Acculock putter. It's a cold week here in Dallas, but the indoor practice is going pretty well. I'm definitely hitting pure putts on a more consistent basis.

2j0xc90.jpg

I didn't have my best year on the greens and decided to try a new method over the winter. I picked up an BioMech Acculock putter. It's a cold week here in Dallas, but the indoor practice is going pretty well. I'm definitely hitting pure putts on a more consistent basis.

2j0xc90.jpg

Let me get this straight, you have TeI3's, Buttonback, M10 (all stunning BTW) and you are taking that to the green? Stronger man than I

2j0xc90.jpg

Let me get this straight, you have TeI3's, Buttonback, M10 (all stunning BTW) and you are taking that to the green? Stronger man than I

You are correct sir! I really wanted to try an arm lock putter, but I couldn't get comfortable with the Bettinardi's in the store. It's just a project for right now though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • SetTheBarrHigh changed the title to SetTheBarrHigh - Update on First Post