U.S jr amateur

13»

Comments

• cfreeman8cfreeman8 Jr. Boomers  310WRX Points: 60Posts: 310 Greens
    crafty wrote on Jul 6 2008, 07:01 PM:
    cfreeman8 wrote on Jun 30 2008, 11:18 PM:
    crafty wrote on Jun 23 2008, 09:45 PM:
    I just got home from my qualifier at Norfolk CC in Norfolk, Nebraska. I shot 74-74 and missed it by four. The winner shot even par. His name is Andy Sajevic, he is a heck of a player. He shot 74-70.

Yeah, I'll agree that Andy is a heck of a player. Are you playing in the Nebraska Junior Am? I'm getting pretty pumped for it.

Yeah im playin. I just played a practice round on thursady. The course is short and open. If somebody gets a hot stick on the greens (which are actually very tough), you could see some ridiculously low scores.

Actually(crazy coincidence) I played there too on Thursday, and I'll definitely agree. It is Richard Schneider's (Jr. Match Play runner up) home course, so I think he'll have a decent advantage over us, but anything can happen.
    Posted:
    <br />2017 M2 10.5 HZRDUS Black<br />2017 M2 HL HZRDUS Black<br /> 910h Tour AD-DI 85<br />P750 4-PW KBS C-Taper<br />Vokey SM-6<br />Edel E-2 Torque Balance<br />
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Titleist1455Titleist1455 Members  1572WRX Points: 1Posts: 1,572 Platinum Tees
    The US Junior is coming to my home course, Shoal Creek...

who are some kids that I should look out for????
    Posted:
  • craftycrafty Members  86WRX Points: 0Posts: 86
    cfreeman8 wrote on Jul 6 2008, 07&#58;14 PM:
    crafty wrote on Jul 6 2008, 07&#58;01 PM:
    cfreeman8 wrote on Jun 30 2008, 11&#58;18 PM:
    crafty wrote on Jun 23 2008, 09&#58;45 PM:
    I just got home from my qualifier at Norfolk CC in Norfolk, Nebraska. I shot 74-74 and missed it by four. The winner shot even par. His name is Andy Sajevic, he is a heck of a player. He shot 74-70.

Yeah, I'll agree that Andy is a heck of a player. Are you playing in the Nebraska Junior Am? I'm getting pretty pumped for it.

Yeah im playin. I just played a practice round on thursady. The course is short and open. If somebody gets a hot stick on the greens (which are actually very tough), you could see some ridiculously low scores.

Actually(crazy coincidence) I played there too on Thursday, and I'll definitely agree. It is Richard Schneider's (Jr. Match Play runner up) home course, so I think he'll have a decent advantage over us, but anything can happen.

Yeah he will. Isit just me or has he kind of come out of nowhere from last year. I don't really remember his name from last year. But, then again, I was a nobody last year too image/tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clapping:' /> .

Titleist1455 wrote on Jul 7 2008, 03&#58;22 PM:
    The US Junior is coming to my home course, Shoal Creek...

who are some kids that I should look out for????

Just wondering, what is Shoal Creek like (treelined, open, big/small greens, etc.)?
    Posted:
  • ccpgolfccpgolf Members  526WRX Points: 0Posts: 526
    Lookout for defending champion Cory Whitsett who is hot right now. He won the Western Junior a couple weeks ago and the Rolex Tournament of Champions last week.
    Posted:
  • Titleist1455Titleist1455 Members  1572WRX Points: 1Posts: 1,572 Platinum Tees
    crafty wrote on Jul 7 2008, 04&#58;34 PM:
    Just wondering, what is Shoal Creek like (treelined, open, big/small greens, etc.)?

Shoal Creek is going to play about 7100-7200 yards and there is going to be 3 cuts of rough. The first cut is nothing, ball sits up just fine. The second cut is a little sketchy, you may get some good lies and you may get screwed a few times. The third cut is a penalty shot. You will have ZERO control of it coming out and you will just have to hope to advance it.

The course is definitely treelined. Each and every hole is almost all to itself (if that makes sense). You really can't see more than 2 holes at a time while playing. Around 10, 14 and 18 is the only really "open" place on the course.

The greens are not tiny, but they're very "Augusta" like. In other words, there are many different levels and undulation and it makes the greens play much smaller than they look.

It's a great golf course and it is going to be playing very challenging (especially if they can get the greens where i think they can). The greens are very healthy now and they should be able to cut them VERY short come tournament time.

Good Luck!
    Posted:
  • craftycrafty Members  86WRX Points: 0Posts: 86
    ccpgolf wrote on Jul 7 2008, 08&#58;44 PM:
    Lookout for defending champion Cory Whitsett who is hot right now. He won the Western Junior a couple weeks ago and the Rolex Tournament of Champions last week.

Its crazy. No offense to Cory, but he doesn't have the most fundamentally pretty swing or putting stroke. However, there is something to be said about just being able to get the ball in the hole. He is an incredible talent. He's going to be a junior in high school right?
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • golftitleistgolftitleist Jr. Boomers  858WRX Points: 0Posts: 858
    Yeah, Whitsett is on an absoloute tear, I'd put my money on him if I was a betting man.
    Posted:
  • thatwasreallypinthatwasreallypin Members  57WRX Points: 0Posts: 57
    hailtothechief wrote on Jul 18 2008, 03&#58;20 PM:
    Yeah, Whitsett is on an absoloute tear, I'd put my money on him if I was a betting man.

Do you play alot of AJGA's/large amateur tourneys?

You seem to post like you know a bunch of the juniors/play in the AJGA's so i was just wondering how many you have played
    Posted:
  • stickmanstickman Jr. Boomers  1981WRX Points: 1Posts: 1,981 Bunkers
    i'd say watch out for jordan speith and austin cody, cory whitsett, and cody gribble. they have all been playing extremely well lately.
    Posted:
  • nandoalnandoal PittsburghMembers  142WRX Points: 84Handicap: 13Posts: 142 Fairways
    Anyone know If there will be any TV coverage of the JR AM from Shoal Creek? Lst year the TGC had some LIVE coverage.
    Posted:

Driver - Ping G410 10* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-5

3wood- Ping G410 - Ping Alta CB 65 Red

Hybrid - Ping G410 19* and 22* - Ping Alta CB 70 Red

Irons- 5-GW - Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal -Nippon Modus3 105

Wedges- Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56* and 60* - Ping AWT 2.0 wedge

Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab EXO Seven Mini

Ball - Titleist ProV 1 (yellow)

• stickmanstickman Jr. Boomers  1981WRX Points: 1Posts: 1,981 Bunkers
    i think the live coverage is only for the semi finals and finals in match play.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • nandoalnandoal PittsburghMembers  142WRX Points: 84Handicap: 13Posts: 142 Fairways
    stickman wrote on Jul 20 2008, 11&#58;37 PM:
    i think the live coverage is only for the semi finals and finals in match play.

I don't think so. Can't find coverage anywhere.
    Posted:

Driver - Ping G410 10* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-5

3wood- Ping G410 - Ping Alta CB 65 Red

Hybrid - Ping G410 19* and 22* - Ping Alta CB 70 Red

Irons- 5-GW - Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal -Nippon Modus3 105

Wedges- Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56* and 60* - Ping AWT 2.0 wedge

Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab EXO Seven Mini

Ball - Titleist ProV 1 (yellow)

With Whitsett getting knocked out in the first round, I think Cameron Peck is a good pick for the finals because he is playing great right now. He was -6 after 13 holes in his match today.
    Posted:
  • bjacksonbjackson Win The Day Marshals  5689WRX Points: 56Posts: 5,689 Marshals
    hailtothechief wrote on Jul 27 2008, 05&#58;39 PM:
    ccpgolf wrote on Jul 24 2008, 05&#58;59 PM:
    With Whitsett getting knocked out in the first round, I think Cameron Peck is a good pick for the finals because he is playing great right now. He was -6 after 13 holes in his match today.

Good call. He's been really hot as of late too, if I do recall he won some AJGA major a few weeks back too.

Yup. He won the HP Invitational @ Doral last week and he also won the Footjoy Invitational earleir this year. He's an incredible player to say the least.
    Posted:
    bjackson wrote on Jul 27 2008, 07&#58;59 PM:

Good call. He's been really hot as of late too, if I do recall he won some AJGA major a few weeks back too.

Yup. He won the HP Invitational @ Doral last week and he also won the Footjoy Invitational earleir this year. He's an incredible player to say the least.

You mean the HP Invitational at Bay Hill? and yes, he is an incredible player, hopefully he goes to OK State to make that team even more stacked.
    Posted:
  • gentlesgentles Members  2038WRX Points: 217Posts: 2,038 Platinum Tees
    10&8....biggest margin of victory ever in the Junior AM final. What an awesome achievment for an evidently great player.
    Posted:
    Mizuno ST190 9.5 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
    Mizuno ST190 TS 15* Aldila Tour Blue 85x
    Callaway Apex 2019 DG 105 x100
    Taylormade P790 4i AMT x100
    Taylormade P770 5-A DG AMT x100
    Ping Glide 1.0 55/59 S400
    Ping Anser Milled 5 / 0

Advertisement
  • bjacksonbjackson Win The Day Marshals  5689WRX Points: 56Posts: 5,689 Marshals
    ccpgolf wrote on Jul 27 2008, 06&#58;47 PM:
    bjackson wrote on Jul 27 2008, 07&#58;59 PM:

You mean the HP Invitational at Bay Hill? and yes, he is an incredible player, hopefully he goes to OK State to make that team even more stacked.

My bad. It was at Bay Hill. I read somewhere he has already made a verbal to Texas A&M.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.