Way off topic

cpa49707

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, fine. It was a dark and stormy night on Friday the 13th...

ย 

No, just kidding!

ย 

Okay, here's the real one.

ย 

One night I'm alone in my room, trying to get to sleep. It was a nice night out so I left the window open, shade up, so I could feel a nice breeze and take a nice look at the stars and moon. My window is in the back, facing the woods. I was facing the door, my back to the window. Feeling the need to lay on my right side and look out the window, I rolled over. What I saw was in no way the stars or the moon. As my eyes looked at the window, I saw the outline of a man standing in front of the window. I could see his entire figure, from head to toe, and he was clearly in the room. Although I didn't see a face, the man was about 6 foot 2, and built, not fat, but built. Anyway, I threw the covers off me, shot out of bed, and ran downstairs. Needless to say I didn't go back into my room for 2 more nights after that one. Our house is about 3 years old, and we are the first owners. But, when they were building my house, they found arrowheads and arrowhead shavings when they dug out the foundation. Archaeologists were called in to investigate, and found that our house was on the site of a former Native American trail, and that the arrowheads and corresponding shavings were most likely left behind by Natives who set up campfires and traded in the area.

ย 

That's it. Freaky to you? Maybe not. Freaky to me...you better believe it.

Wow, that's pretty amazing!

ย 

I do believe in ghosts. I used to not, but after a visit to the Myrtles Plantation this summer it changed everything.

ย 

http://www.myrtlesplantation.com/

ย 

I did not personally see a ghost, but when you walk into the home, in the enterance hall, there is a large mirror on the left. The mirror appeared to be very old, and aged, the black decay starting on the edges, and more foggy appearance starting to take place. All of the mirrors in the home are originals, just slightly becoming aged over the numerous years of sitting in the house: Yet looking at this mirror again, you can see what looks to be very small sized finger streaks down the right side of the mirror, also the outline of a womans head who is wearing a hat. The tourguide says they have to replace the mirror every 10 years or so because it becomes completely black except for those few spots in the corners of the mirror. The only explination of this was: whenever someone died (family member or slave) back in the day, for many days after that, the family would need to put black curtains over the mirrors, because it is said that souls can trap themselves into the mirror if the mirrors are not covered. The owner of the plantation wrote in her journal that she had forgotten to put a cover over the mirror in the entrance hall after her daughter (I think?) had died, which ironically is the same mirror that the figure of this small ladies face appears over a period of time. In this same mirror many digital, manual, and the automatic developing camera photographs have been taken over the years. There is a staircase in the reflection of the mirror, and in some photographs, one done by National Geographic, and many composed by visitors to the plantation, a small woman wearing a hat will show up in the developed photograph. It was very wild, but quite an experience. If you're ever down in the St. Francisville area of Louisiana, I strongly reccomend you go check this out, it's a really good time with the family.

ย 

I know, I know, another Plantation Haunted House gimick right? Well, after the tour of the home, we were told that National Geographic came in to conduct an investigation of the plantation, and what they found was concrete evidence, everything fit - it was quite astonishing.

ย 

Cheers, Bryan

I definitely believe in ghosts. When I was a little girl my grandmother had told me once that spirits were always around us and they would sometimes let us know of their presence. She asked have you ever been in a room or house by yourself and thought you heard someone call your name? Or, again you're alone, but could have swore you saw someone walk by out of the corner of your eye? She said those are the spirits that are at unrest.

ย 

I'll tell you why I believe without a doubt though. My father died a 10 years ago and I took his death very hard. (I was a daddy's girl.) Anyway, I remember I stayed with my mother awhile after his death because she didn't want to stay in the house by herself. Understandable, right? Right. Anyway, one night I was reading in bed when I heard footsteps going down the stairs and the usual checking of the windows and doors before going to sleep. I figured my mom was doing as my dad used to do by making sure everything was "locked up for safe a flight of sleep tonight" as my dad used to say. Anway I hear her come back upstairs and I put down my book to go and tell her goodnight and what not. I go down the hall to her room and mother is knocked-out-drooling-on-the-pillow sleep. Now I know that my mother did not fall asleep that fast. Not REM sleep like she was in. I found out the next morning that she had taken one of the sleeping pills that her doctor had prescribed her. Yeah, I was freaking. :cheesy: After that, when I would go and visit her over the years sometimes I would all of a sudden smell my father's cologne. And it's not like my mother was going around dousing his cologne over stuff, I would smell after I had been in the room for a while, all of a sudden it would just fill the room.

ย 

The other occurance I had with my dad was when I had just moved back to Seattle after living in N. Cali for a few years. One night I was sleeping in my bed when I felt this presence in my room. I woke to find a figure of a man standing by my bed. :pimp: I almost screamed and woke the frickin' world up when I saw it was my dad. Yeah. Tell me about it. He was standing there and talking, but I couldn't hear the words. It was like the mute button was on. Anyway, he would visit me like that for two years off and on, talking without me hearing what he had to say. The very day I met my husband he stopped coming to visit me. Do you hear me? The very day I met him he stopped visiting. I always say it was sign from heaven that I was supposed to marry this man because he has done nothing but treat me like the queen (not princess) I am. :) Seriously though, he and my dad would have gotton along so well together. They both love the same cigars, jazz and he often says funny phrases or "cutisms" that my dad used to say.

ย 

Well, that's my ghost story. So if I didn't say it before, yeah, I believe.

Wow, amazing. My cousin tell of smelling their departed grandfather's cigars in their house every now and then, and nobody smokes in there. When that smell comes, their dog starts barking at the same e,pty kitchen chair. It's happened when I was there once. I wasn't scared, but I felt really relaxed the rest of the night. We've just designated that nobody ever sits in that chair, in case he wants a visit. We firmly believe in that.

I have become a beleiver over the past few years. My sister and her husband purchased an old farm house and completely remodeled it. On occasion when they wake up some things have happened during the night that can not be explained. Since they live in the country they never take their keys out of their vehicles. However, on more than one occasion when they have awakened in the morning both sets of car keys are on the dinning room table. in the past my brother-in-law has gotten up in the middle of the night and the refrigerator was wide open, he closed and when he got up in the morning it was open again. they have never had any problems with the door and nothing was stopping it from closing. Its happen on many occasions. It seems to be a friendly ghost.

ย 

I know the doubting thomas's are laughing at me know.

Without a doubt...there ARE ghost. In my field of work, we've responded to enough weird and haunted places that I could write a book. I've smelled things unnatural, seen things unnatural and heard things unnatural. From green clouds of air, toilets flushing themselves in vacant buildings, ancient hawaiian drums and chanting, doors and drawers opening and closing, windows in a room just searched all found open seconds later, lights that travel past a series of windows that have walls between them, glowing balls of light that fly in the air. Yeah...I know it sounds crazy....some may say I've worked too many midnight shifts, but most of these things I've seen and heard were witnessed by other co-workers responding to the same call. Luckily after the first few times experiencing this weirdness.......you get used to it.

Strange story. My brother and his family were visiting over the holidays. I found an old picture album that belonged to our mom so we started looking thru it. We ran across pictures of our mom when she was young and started talking about her. At about the same time the lights above the table we were seated at started to dim and flicker, I looked around and saw that none of the other lights were doing this, nor was the t.v. etc. Then two of the bulbs went out, it is an eight light chandelier. My brother and I and our wives thought this was weird. After we were done I noticed that all the lights were on and working properly. We agreed that mom was letting us know she was there but when she left she fixed the lights.

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Driver: Yonex Ezone 380 9*
Fairway: Tour Edge cb5 15*
Hybrid: Tour Edge cb5 19*
Irons: Hogan Ft Worth (15) 21*, 25*, 29*, 33*, 37*, 41*, 45*
Wedges: Hogan TK 49*, 53*, 57*
Putter: 2007 Odyssey Black #1
Bag: PING Hoofer[/font]