2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Anyone buying the Arccos Golf Tracking System

I have fitted irons and I couldn't tell any weight difference. I do notice on my driver, that I will at times grip closer to the sensor than I should. I have to be mindful of this.

I love the new update released for Arccos, you can now get distances to hazards and bunkers, that was a much needed update.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had [color="#282828"]Arccos for a month now and I love it. I have it linked to my apple watch so I don't have to keep my phone on me (best thing ever). It has so much info and I really enjoy everything it tracks. What a big help on where you need to improve! I would recommend this product to anyone. Everyone in my group now has it and its a blast to compare stats! [/color]

915 D2 w/Tour AD DI 6
913F 15* w/PXv Tour 6.0
Titleist AP2 714 4-pw w/PXi 6.0
SM5 50/54/58
Scotty Cameron Squareback
ProV1x

Purchased the Arccos last week and only have played one round but so far it's awesome. Support is nice too and quick to respond. Only thing I wish this had like game golf was the social aspect. I know it has a social section but it's hard to find people. Anyone want to share their user name to add for the social feature?

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.

I have had the pleasure of playing with Arccos now for 72 holes, unfortunately I typically only have time for 9 at a time. I love it! Have to admit first round felt like I had "Big Brother" with me on the course, the idea of tracking me from above was to me anyway "odd". I also prefer to walk be it 9 or 18 and the humidity of Illinois like many other mid west areas, I perspire in 65* weather out there. So, putting my phone "on me" was an issue; however, Michelle pointed out I could simply strap the phone to my belt using the case I use when running. So, my phone hangs behind me in a weather proof case that I honestly do not know is there. ... This helps with the "big brother" aspect, and I simply play the round as always. ... And that is the best and most wonderful part of the product, I play it records! Just that simple. Granted it recorded a shot I did not take, but it also did not record a tap in ... Both easily adjusted once in club house.

Once it would not start a round ... Sent an email to support ... Granted I played anyway, but they responded before I was on the sixth tee! I was impressed, and their solution worked. I could not have been happier. Over time, I know this system will improve my game. ... I always knew my second shot was my problem, but to know that it is short and right the majority of time? ...

I enjoy golf, do not intend to make any money off the game ever ... so I hope, and this is the only minor complaint I have is that it does not give me a handicap I can use with others. It's not huge, but let's face it we like like to talk and compare. It's our nature and a USGA handicap is something I/we are comfortable with. I do not know the details why something so basic could be so difficult, but then again, I play golf!

I do not use the gps feature, I prefer my rangefinder. In fact over 9 holes I never look at my phone, and that is what I love most about the product, Arccos is truly a set and forget system. I am very happy to have it.

I have been seriously considering Arccos but I often play golf as a single and may play two separate balls around the entire course and take two different scores. I think that'd introduce all sorts of problems into the system. To be honest, I haven't looked too hard for answers but maybe I should.

-Doc Todd

Wishon 919 9* Kuro Kage 70gm stiff
R11 15.5 3w stock stiff
R11 19 3h stock stiff
Mizuno MP 53 4-P S300
Scor 50/54/58
Old school Ping Anser with loads of lead tape

I have several issues with it. First off, I have another device on the end of my putter head and this won't go on with that on. (claw to pick up golf balls). So it and game golf won't work for putting at all.

Secondly like many others (majority of market, really) I have an android phone not an iphone. Next, I never ever ever want my phone in my pocket. I have too much in my pockets already with extra golf balls, tees, ball markers, etc, etc. And the last thing I need is my phone in addition in my pocket. My phone stays in the golf bag, turned off. With the phone on, I get too many distracting phone calls. I go out to play golf not talk on the phone. Everyone knows I am unreachable on the course but junk calls dont.

lastly, I wonder how this will work with a caddy getting clubs and taking care of them. The caddy doesn't necessarily carry the clubs the correct way for this. Probably mean not usable for those rounds.

It sounds like a good idea but seems like a real battery hog, both on the phone and on the sensors.

I don't know how it might work with the Arccos system, but with Game Golf, were I to go back to backweighting my putter, I would cut off the portion of the putter NFC disk that screws into the club. I would carry it around in my pocket and use it as a ball marker and just tag the system with it to record putts as necessary.

[quote name='snagy2000' timestamp='1420315265' post='10680209'][quote name='VA_Astra' timestamp='1420246759' post='10676723']
Apple only support = big thumbs down!
[/quote]

I would purchase if they had android support. I refuse to buy an iphone![/quote]

There's a lot of reasons why android always comes second. I won't get into the reasons why but trust me that will never change with apps. If you insist on using Android you are conceding that you won't get the latest and greatest apps on the market

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

[quote name='mwmgolfx' timestamp='1435171150' post='11827098']I have several issues with it. First off, I have another device on the end of my putter head and this won't go on with that on. (claw to pick up golf balls). So it and game golf won't work for putting at all.

Secondly like many others (majority of market, really) I have an android phone not an iphone. Next, I never ever ever want my phone in my pocket. I have too much in my pockets already with extra golf balls, tees, ball markers, etc, etc. And the last thing I need is my phone in addition in my pocket. My phone stays in the golf bag, turned off. With the phone on, I get too many distracting phone calls. I go out to play golf not talk on the phone. Everyone knows I am unreachable on the course but junk calls dont.

lastly, I wonder how this will work with a caddy getting clubs and taking care of them. The caddy doesn't necessarily carry the clubs the correct way for this. Probably mean not usable for those rounds.

It sounds like a good idea but seems like a real battery hog, both on the phone and on the sensors.[/quote]

the Bluetooth range wouldn't require someone to have their phone in their pocket. Further, the phone can be on silent and never be heard even if you received as many calls as you say.

Android usage numbers are bloated from a sea of ridiculous devices that can't be supported. Anyone developing software knows it's better to build and support iPhone apps. If you love android you will have to accept you will be treated like a second class citizen in the app market forever.

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

[quote name='kmak' timestamp='1436052840' post='11888652']
I purchased it a few weeks ago and have now played three rounds with it. And returned it. Great idea, easy to set up, but in reality it captured about 75% of my shots correctly. And when it does it wrong, it is a pain to correct. Bleh....
[/quote]
Sorry to hear your experience didn't go well. Last few rounds with mine, I turn it on, the phone to silent mode and put it in my back pocket and don't look at it again until the round is over. Needed to add a few gummy putts and correct at most two shots, which is actually quit simple when you learn the correct way. They have tutorials on how to do this. If you were missing that many shots you should have contacted them. They would have helped you.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Taylormade M2[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Nike Sumo 3w, 5w[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Nike CPR 26*[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged, 5-PW[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Cleveland 588 RTX 50,54,58[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Scotty Futura X7M DB[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Precision Pro NX7 Pro[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Arccos Game Tracker[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='kmak' timestamp='1436052840' post='11888652']I purchased it a few weeks ago and have now played three rounds with it. And returned it. Great idea, easy to set up, but in reality it captured about 75% of my shots correctly. And when it does it wrong, it is a pain to correct. Bleh....[/quote]

I had some issues with mine too. Would not capture some shots, constantly felt like I needed to check it and make sure, which caused me to play worse as I wasn't focused...

Reached out to Arccos support about sensors not picking things up, they said perhaps I had sensor issues, and though it took like a week, sent me two new sensors, in addition to all the batteries when we thought it was battery issues... Needless to say now it's working great. Look every so often make sure it's capturing correct. It is.

I think this product is great. I have put about 9-10 rounds through using it. I have had little to no issues. A few shots havent grabbed usually when I duff a shot or don't get the ball that far and hit again really quick usually same club, easy to add the shot.

The issue with the putter people have mentioned having other items or counter weights on the putters I don't think you need to have it on the putter just hit the add gimme put in the app if you really want to have that on your putter.

The rest of the data is supper valuable.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought Arccos a few months ago and I am a huge fan!

The first thing I needed to do was to make adjustments to my routine.
1) I don't typically carry a phone in my pocket. This led me to limit marker, divot tool and tees in my left pocket, with the phone only in my right pocket (I am left handed)
2) I hold the clubs heads up until ready to set up and hit
3) I check the phone occasionally between shots (not always) to make sure shots are detected
4) At the end of each hole, I check strokes and putts

Also, while the sensors come with batteries, a few of them were not fresh, so I needed to replace a few of them. Once I let customer service know this, they sent me about 15 batteries and an Arccos hat! Just in case, I keep a few batteries in my bag.

This was a bit Big Brotherish, but I was contacted via email letting me know that the Arccos server noticed that I was using all of my phone battery life for a round. They provided me with tips to preserve phone battery life. Now I make sure to turn off all other apps while playing, this greatly preserves phone battery life.

The app update that added more GPS features like adjustable distance to hazards and better fairway views was a great improvement. There is no need to carry another device (I used to carry a Sonocaddie or a Garmin 6).

I love the data it provides about holes, the round, club stats, etc. It really has given me analysis to help me improve.

I've got 69 rounds with Arccos so far since February and I really enjoy reviewing my round in the evening. The stats are fun to see and I like the "trophies" I get for my "bests". I usually check after each hole to make sure everything was caputured but is really not that necessary just my ocd. They really do have good customer service and respond very quickly.

[quote name='Ryan5508' timestamp='1426491603' post='11151595']
I would have preferred to have the [color="#282828"]Arrcos over the Game golf. I like their product and the stats website better. The lack of an android app is a issue for me. But the biggest issue is the fact they cant even give you and estimated date on when it will even exist. And now there working on stupid things like an apple watch app. Their priorities seem way out of place for a business that probably would like to make money.[/color]

[color="#282828"]​I have been trying to hold out on getting this or game golf but finally tonight ordered the GG. [/color] :nono:
[/quote]

Same here. With no estimated arrival date for android, gg is the route i would go.

Ping G400 SF Tec 9* - Mitsubishi C6 Blue Shaft - Stiff @ 45.25"
Ping G 3w SFT @ 16* - Ping Alta CB - Stiff 
Ping G400 19* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
Ping G400 22* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
Ping G400 26* Hybrid - Ping Alta CB - Stiff
Mizuno  919 Hot Metal Pro 6i-GW, Recoil 95 F3 
Mizuno S18 Wedges in 55* and 60*, Recoil F3
Ping Sigma 2 Anser @ 33"

Arrcos has been the best! I have had no problems with it other than a gimme putt here and there. I have it linked to my apple watch so i don't have to carry my phone with me and it just awesome. Lets me see where i excelled or failed on each round!

915 D2 w/Tour AD DI 6
913F 15* w/PXv Tour 6.0
Titleist AP2 714 4-pw w/PXi 6.0
SM5 50/54/58
Scotty Cameron Squareback
ProV1x

Hey, does anyone play two balls around the course and score to completely different scores using Arccos? I typically play in the evening as a solo and usually try to play two balls so that I can maximize my time.

-Doc Todd

Wishon 919 9* Kuro Kage 70gm stiff
R11 15.5 3w stock stiff
R11 19 3h stock stiff
Mizuno MP 53 4-P S300
Scor 50/54/58
Old school Ping Anser with loads of lead tape

[quote name='teamacacia' timestamp='1437992798' post='12026036']Hey, does anyone play two balls around the course and score to completely different scores using Arccos? I typically play in the evening as a solo and usually try to play two balls so that I can maximize my time.[/quote]
You can only play one round. If you play two balls it will record all shots on the same round.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Taylormade M2[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Nike Sumo 3w, 5w[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Nike CPR 26*[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged, 5-PW[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Cleveland 588 RTX 50,54,58[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Scotty Futura X7M DB[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Precision Pro NX7 Pro[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Arccos Game Tracker[/size][/font][/color]

I just bought one myself after reading all the reviews for both Arccos and Game Golf. I wanted Arccos because I didn't want to do the "tap" thing with Game Golf on every shot. I mostly use android phones so it is unfortunate that it's only on iPhone.

But I looked on craigslist and found an old iphone4s and bought it for $100. Total I've now paid $290. I look at it as buying not only the tracking system, but having a new touch screen GPS. At least that's how I try to convince myself it's ok to spend that... :)

I talked to Arccos support and I don't actually need the iPhone on my network for it to work with Arccos. People use old iPhones as iPod Touches and that's essentially what I'll be doing with mine. It'll use the GPS, but not the mobile network.

Unfortunately, the actual iPod Touches have a different type of GPS and aren't compatible with the software. I assume that's a similar issue they are having with android.

I prefer to have a separate phone for this as it could easily fall out of a pocket here or there and I don't really care if it's an old 4s. If it was a 6+, I'd be pissed.

Plus the 4s is small enough that it wouldn't be a big distraction in my pocket. I'll do a full review once I get everything setup, but I just wanted to explain all of this first as I didn't see anything talking about this type of setup.

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X

[quote name='IHFN' timestamp='1438492876' post='12062812']
I just bought one myself after reading all the reviews for both Arccos and Game Golf. I wanted Arccos because I didn't want to do the "tap" thing with Game Golf on every shot. I mostly use android phones so it is unfortunate that it's only on iPhone.

But I looked on craigslist and found an old iphone4s and bought it for $100. Total I've now paid $290. I look at it as buying not only the tracking system, but having a new touch screen GPS. At least that's how I try to convince myself it's ok to spend that... :)

I talked to Arccos support and I don't actually need the iPhone on my network for it to work with Arccos. People use old iPhones as iPod Touches and that's essentially what I'll be doing with mine. It'll use the GPS, but not the mobile network.

Unfortunately, the actual iPod Touches have a different type of GPS and aren't compatible with the software. I assume that's a similar issue they are having with android.

I prefer to have a separate phone for this as it could easily fall out of a pocket here or there and I don't really care if it's an old 4s. If it was a 6+, I'd be pissed.

Plus the 4s is small enough that it wouldn't be a big distraction in my pocket. I'll do a full review once I get everything setup, but I just wanted to explain all of this first as I didn't see anything talking about this type of setup.
[/quote]

I'm confused how your iPhone will get GPS without a mobile network? If it's not on a mobile network how will it be able to use the satellites for GPS?

Arccos is not a perfect system, but I've played with the Game Golf and I only used it 2-3x as it was too easy to forget to tag your club. At least with Arccos I know I will get good use out of it.

[quote name='that0neguy' timestamp='1438692636' post='12075094']
[quote name='IHFN' timestamp='1438492876' post='12062812']

[/quote]

I'm confused how your iPhone will get GPS without a mobile network? If it's not on a mobile network how will it be able to use the satellites for GPS?

Arccos is not a perfect system, but I've played with the Game Golf and I only used it 2-3x as it was too easy to forget to tag your club. At least with Arccos I know I will get good use out of it.
[/quote]

GPS(satellites) works separately from your mobile network(cell towers).

But I'd really like to get this, but I'm not sure if I could handle having an old iPhone in my pocket for the entire round. I definitely won't try to put my 6+ in my pocket while I'm playing.

Titleist TSR3 8° Tensei Pro Orange 1K 60TX
Taylormade SIM Ti 5W 19° Tensei Pro White 70 TX
Taylormade SIM Tour Issue 19° 5W Diamana BF 80 TX
Mizuno JPX 921 Tours w/ Mitsubishi MMT TX125
Taylormade MG3 50.9/56.12 (TW)/60.11 (TW) w/ Mitsubishi MMT S125

Scotty Cameron Craftsman Squareback Proto 33.5"

I put mine in y back pocket. Don't even notice it is there.

[quote name='hatestoshave' timestamp='1438742887' post='12080732']
Has anyone had any experience using this in the rain?

These reviews are all super helpful - thanks to everyone who has chimed in.
[/quote]

I haven't had any issues playing with Arccos in the rain. Makes no difference. I'm sure you don't want to submerge the sensors into water, but rain shouldn't be a problem.

[quote name='teamacacia' timestamp='1437992798' post='12026036']
Hey, does anyone play two balls around the course and score to completely different scores using Arccos? I typically play in the evening as a solo and usually try to play two balls so that I can maximize my time.
[/quote]

I often enjoy doing this, and it's one of the main reasons I don't LOVE this system. If I'm out tooling around, even as a twosome when course traffic is light, it logs the hits. The addition of requiring the phone be on or around my person (iPhone 6 plus in my case) is kind of a drag also. The system works really well in what it is meant to do.

Have to admit, I also don't enjoy the large tabs at the end of the club, I find myself having to screw them in to tighten them pretty regularly. Might be putting mine up on eBay or something, it's just not for me.

WITB:

TSR2 10* @D1 Tour AD UB 6s

G430 5W @ flat neutral Tour AD UB 7s

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

'23 T200 Utility AD IZ 95S

'23 King Tour 5-G Modus 105S

RTX 6 Zipcore Tour Rack 54 Low+ and 58 Low

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Soft X

I enjoyed Arccos for many rounds, but unfortunately have moved away from it because of something outside of their control. Regrettably, they use Apple Maps for imaging, and Apple has been non-responsive to updates to my course since May (opened new 9 holes).

Nothing Arccos can do but keep asking for an image update, as I have repeatedly as well. I still add a request twice a week to no avail.

Looks like I will have forgotten about Arccos by end of this season since it's useless for my home course rounds now.

Titleist TSi3 9* w/Tensei Blue S

Titleist TS2 FW 15* w/Tensei Blue S
Titleist 818H1 19* & H2 23* w/Tensei Blue S
Callaway Apex Pro 21 w/Recoil F4

Callaway RTX Zipcore Raw 50*, 54* & 58*
Scotty Cameron Phantom X8 34"