Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a set of these in the bag right now with KBS Tour shafts. They are a great iron and the progressive set works well with keeping the ball lower with the blades and getting it up with the long irons. The only complaint I have is the long irons are a bit "glassy" because of the pocket cavity so they don't feel solid like a forged blade. As far as appearance from address I don't think anything looks better. I'd definitely recommend these irons.

[quote name='bames' timestamp='1296758755' post='2948952']
[quote name='georgec' timestamp='1295229550' post='2902063']
love mine!
[/quote]

Can you tell me any more about why you love them? Thanks

Anyone else have any input on these? I really want a set!
[/quote]

I havent found anything that feels better! The look is second to none! I've played everything. I get new clubs every year, sometimes 3 sets. I play about 70 rounds a year thats a lot for living in MN. I'm going to Arizona Tuesday morning to play 36 to 54 holes a day for 4 days. I will get a real test and give you more feed back next weekend.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

• 2 months later...

I was wanting to replace my Callaway X-20's with a "players" club this year. I had the Razr X Forged in mind the whole time. After I saw these in the local GolfTown I decided to give them a hit. Sooo nice. I kept going back and testing the X Forged along side these and a couple others for posterity. I tested the Mizuno MP-63, Titleist AP2, X Forged, Fourteen 910 Forged, and the VR Pro Combo's. While the Fourteens also felt excellent, the high cost put them off the list. And the VR Pro Combo's were as good IMO. I kept trying to not like them so I could get the X forged, but they just kept impressing me.

I hit the 3 iron, 6 iron, and 8 iron. All felt great. All be it, the 3 iron does make a distinct click when you hit it. But the launch angle and ball speed were excellent, so I can forget about the click sound. Someone like me who is a low ball hitter, and I'm still getting 17* launch with the 6 iron and an 8* launch with the 3 iron.. I'm sold.

One thing about my fitting that did surprise me was how I prefered the DG S300 to the X100 or the PX 7.0 shafts that I am currently using. I know with my speed (112-115mph driver, 95-100mph 6 iron) I should be using an X flex, but I just felt so comfortable with the S300. And after hitting those, the PX shafts felt like pieces of wood. The X100's also dropped my launch angle to 14* on the 6 iron. That was too low for my preference. I guess the PX 7.0 only worked in my current irons as I had X20's that already launched the ball high on their own. And since I don't like offset, I'm sure the 7.0's are also the reason I hit them straight instead of my natural draw. But the S300's I was testing had a smooth feel, always felt solid, and I wasn't hitting any hooks or slices with them, which I expected too with a softer shaft like that. At least on the launch monitor, the dispersion was about the norm.

So I just ordered mine last week. Anxiously awaiting them.

They're ordered 1" over, 3* upright, and S300 shafts. (I'm 6' 5", to explain the length and lie)

I still have some trepidation to the S300, but I keep telling myself to forget the label on the shaft and just hit what feels right.

Edit: I couldn't get it out of my head. Got the shafts changed to DG X100's Soft Stepped once.

Very very good irons, my MP68's are starting to get nervous. These have the potential to kick the Mizunos out of the bag, more testing required!

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix

• 2 months later...

Great set of sticks. Had mine ordered +1/2", 1 degree upright with DG x-100 shafts. This was my first experience with blades (8-PW) but after a brief learning curve I really like them. VERY soft and controlling. My trajectory feels a little lower and more controlled with the blades as well compared to my previous set. Nike did a fantastic job of blending the feel throughout the set. The pocket cavity 3i and 4i do feel slightly different though, but IMO not in a bad way. Very easy to get them airborn.

The grooves had me wondering a bit was well despite the numbers I was seeing during my fitting, but after a couple months of hitting these, the x3x grooves are no gimmick. I haven't noticed any changes in spin rates.

Pros- GREAT feel. Well blended feel throughout the set. Easy to hit for a 'Players' club. Set aside any reservations you have about Nike before you give these a try.
Cons - Holy Bag chatter. Also, a minor complaint is the grooves (more grooves, deeper cut) are a bit annoying to keep clean.

• 3 months later...

Fantasticset of clubs. The whole set feels great. A lot of people comment about the pocket cavities. The feel is good sound is clicky, performance is amazing. I sold mine because i spent a substancial amount of money on my scratch td set. I have a feeling these will make it back in my bag. The vr and vr pro series are just phenominal clubs. People need to start taking nike seriously.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Did any of you guys have regrets about not going the full set of blades??? I really like the pro combos and hit them well last test but I keep looking at the set of blades and thinking lustfully about them..I probably only want to add 5-7 as blades with the rest split cavities. Nike doesnt do a mix and match like TMAG does with their TP range???

[center][size=3][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Taylormade M2 2016 9*[/font][/i][/size][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Taylormade M2 2016 15*[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][size=3][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Adams DHy Proto 21*[/font][/i][/size][/center]
[center][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Mizuno MMC FliHi 4i[/font][/i][/center]
[center][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Mizuno MMC 5-P[/font][/i][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Callaway MackDaddy 4 Milled 54|58[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=comic sans ms, cursive][size=3][i]Custom Scotty Cameron California Coronado Milled Face[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Snell MTB/MTB Black[/i][/size][/font][/center]

• 5 weeks later...

[quote name='bushy007' timestamp='1330856284' post='4431147']
Did any of you guys have regrets about not going the full set of blades??? I really like the pro combos and hit them well last test but I keep looking at the set of blades and thinking lustfully about them..I probably only want to add 5-7 as blades with the rest split cavities. Nike doesnt do a mix and match like TMAG does with their TP range???
[/quote]

I will say that as well as I hit the 8 iron blade in the VR Pro Combo's, I do sometimes wish I could have gotten at least the 7 in a blade, maybe even the 6 and 5. But I would keep the 4 and 3 in the split. I love the high launch I get with those.

• 1 month later...

Using these clubs now, awesome feel in the blades. You can really feel it when you get a good strike on the ball!

Using all clubs except the 3 and 4 iron, not the best at those clubs. Split Cavity (7-5) and Pocket cavity (4-3) are great for what they do.

Best part of the club is how they look, real thin and chrome look makes them stand out.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

I have to agree, these are some of the nicest feeling clubs on the market. I literally hit everything in the "player" iron category, as well as others that are more of a game enhancement club (like the Cobra AMP) and the Nikes felt the best out of the bunch. I ended up going with the Mizuno MP-69s because they were a nicer feeling all blade set and I hit them really well. Barely beat these out though.

I'm a high ball hitter, so I'd say if you're not sure, if you can make decent contact with the 3/4 iron, skip the cavity and get the split or the blade.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='BigMike06' timestamp='1340323179' post='5145038']
I dont like mine...
[/quote]

.... how is that possible? Could be the best irons I have ever hit, I own these and a set of AP1's. Love them both, but been playing my combo's and i am not going back.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Love mine... Incredible feel when you groove one... Ball flight us consistent and predictable

TM Stealth+ 10.5* w/ OBAN Kiyoshi White 60 Stiff 
TM Stealth+  15*   w/ HC HZRDUS Yellow
TM Stealth+   19* Rescue ProForce V2 S 
TM Stealth+   22*  Rescue Tour AD S
TM p770 5-9  SmacWrap 780ES Recoil Prototype

TM Milled Grind 46 
TM Milled Grind 3 54* &58* Recoil Wedge Prototypes
TaylorMade Custom Spider X Pink 34.5"
TM TP5x

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

Not trying to re-hash an old thread for nothing but if there are any lurkers out there like me...DO NOT SELL THESE IRONS (and of course if you see them available, snag em). They are fantastic and I miss mine so much. It has been very tough to find a full set without having to take out a small home loan to purchase them.

Titleist TSR3 9* - 46'' Tensei 1K Pro White 50 TX 

Titleist TSi3 4W 14.5* - Tour AD DI Orange 8X

Titleist TSi2 3H 18* - Orangesicle X

Srixon ZK 5 4i - Modus 120x

Srixon ZK 7 5-PW - Modus 120x

Titleist Vokeys 52*,56*, 60* - S400

Rife Bimini Blade "Belinda" - gravity grip

Agree.  Recently put mine back in the bag and have been playing some great golf.  Feedback on shot is fantastic.

Titleist TSR3 10° Tour AD UB 6s // TS2 15° Tour AD UB 7s // 913F 19º w/ Kai'li 70s

Nike VR ProCombo (2011) 3-P w/ DG S200

Nike VR 54.12º & 58.06º w/ DG S200 

SC 2014 Select Newport 

ProV1 '23

• 1 month later...

I bought a set of 5-pw that needed some love for $125. These irons were exactly what I was looking for. I hit amazing long iron shots and can really drop my shorts.

I had never hit a solid draw on purpose. I have hit some of my best shots with this PW. I have had them about 10 rounds now and just love them. 

If you have a solid shot but want a little help on the long end, these are perfect.

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray