Finding a good coach

ProStudent ·  
ProStudentProStudent Members  14WRX Points: 0Posts: 14
in Michigan
I have graduated college and am trying to practice to get good enough to try some mini tour events in my spare time. I live in lower michigan and am looking to find a very knowledgable coach. One that is someone who I could work with routinely, not just a lesson here and there. I have worked with some who have told me how they could help me with advanced topics, but can really only teach the basics. Has anyone here worked with anyone in mid michigan that would suit what Im looking for? Also, someone whos prices are reasonable. Im not looking at spending 1000 dollars an hour! Thanks
Posted:

Comments

• golfman1229golfman1229 Jr. Boomers  249WRX Points: 0Posts: 249
    Dave Kendell at Miles of Golf in ypsilanti/ann arbor. has been my swing coach for 2 years now. best coach i have ever had. he works with a lot of young people like good high school players and some people in the mini tours. one of his students is matt harmon who just recently qualified/ played in the buick open. has also been rated #2 teacher in michigan under rick smith.

hope this helps

kyle
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • clothierclothier Members  272WRX Points: 0Posts: 272
    Bill Baldwin at King Par in Flint. He's got more top juniors in this area then there is space to list them. He's also done some work with a bunch of college level and seniors as well. he's a Master pro, used to be the head at Franklin as well.

He's the real deal.
    Posted:
  • ProStudentProStudent Members  14WRX Points: 0Posts: 14
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have actually just talked with Bill yesterday and am really thinking of giving it a shot with him. What does his lessons usually involve? Does he incorporate video, training aids etc.? Same questions for whoever has worked with Dave Kendell also. Thanks again
    Posted:
  • hoganfan924hoganfan924 Members  5185WRX Points: 55Posts: 5,185 Titanium Tees
    I've heard great things about both Kendall and Baldwin and they both have a lot of the top Juniors in the State, I haven't worked with either one, but I don't think you could go wrong with them.
    Posted:
  • clothierclothier Members  272WRX Points: 0Posts: 272
    juzmi wrote on Jul 31 2008, 03:57 PM:
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have actually just talked with Bill yesterday and am really thinking of giving it a shot with him. What does his lessons usually involve? Does he incorporate video, training aids etc.? Same questions for whoever has worked with Dave Kendell also. Thanks again

Bill has all the toys you could ever want to play with, including trackman.
    Posted:
  • golfman1229golfman1229 Jr. Boomers  249WRX Points: 0Posts: 249
    same thing with kendell. the place he works at also has the trackman. he incorperates video with all his lessons.

also i found his bio on his web page

Dave is generally regarded as one of Michigan's outstanding professionals. The recipient of the Michigan PGA's 2006 Golf Professional of the Year award, Dave was previously honored by the Michigan PGA as 2000 and 2004 Teacher of the year and 1990 Golf Professional of the Year. Dave has over 25 years of experience instructing players of all levels. In 2007, Golf Digest ranked Dave #4 in its list of top instructors in Michigan. Golf Range Magazine has included Dave in its Top 50 Instructors in America for the past four years. A Class A PGA member since 1981, he is also very highly regarded as a competitive player having won two Northern Michigan PGA Chapter Championships, two Chapter Player of the Year Awards and three Michigan PGA Pro-Pro Championships. In 2007, Dave won both the Michigan Senior Open and Michigan Senior PGA Championship. An unprecedented double. The insight he has gained through his many years of teaching experience along with his competitive background has given Dave a very practical approach to golf improvement.

hope this helps
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Missinglink08Missinglink08 Account Hold  375WRX Points: 0Posts: 375
    Bob Krause at Preswick Village Country Club.... He has started a golf academy there. Real Legit coach. Played on several mini tours, PGA tour for a short time. Coach Vijah and his brother for a while. Give that a look for sure.
    Posted:
  • icelander33icelander33 MichiganMembers  30WRX Points: 62Posts: 30 Bunkers
    im 16 years old and ive worked with bill for a couple years. hes been great, he has all the gadgets u could think of including the trackman. the best facility and coach i have seen.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.