2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Anyone buying the Arccos Golf Tracking System

[quote name='npham' timestamp='1438696359' post='12075472']
[quote name='that0neguy' timestamp='1438692636' post='12075094']
[quote name='IHFN' timestamp='1438492876' post='12062812']
I just bought one myself after reading all the reviews for both Arccos and Game Golf. I wanted Arccos because I didn't want to do the "tap" thing with Game Golf on every shot. I mostly use android phones so it is unfortunate that it's only on iPhone.

But I looked on craigslist and found an old iphone4s and bought it for $100. Total I've now paid $290. I look at it as buying not only the tracking system, but having a new touch screen GPS. At least that's how I try to convince myself it's ok to spend that... :)

I talked to Arccos support and I don't actually need the iPhone on my network for it to work with Arccos. People use old iPhones as iPod Touches and that's essentially what I'll be doing with mine. It'll use the GPS, but not the mobile network.

Unfortunately, the actual iPod Touches have a different type of GPS and aren't compatible with the software. I assume that's a similar issue they are having with android.

I prefer to have a separate phone for this as it could easily fall out of a pocket here or there and I don't really care if it's an old 4s. If it was a 6+, I'd be pissed.

Plus the 4s is small enough that it wouldn't be a big distraction in my pocket. I'll do a full review once I get everything setup, but I just wanted to explain all of this first as I didn't see anything talking about this type of setup.
[/quote]

I'm confused how your iPhone will get GPS without a mobile network? If it's not on a mobile network how will it be able to use the satellites for GPS?

Arccos is not a perfect system, but I've played with the Game Golf and I only used it 2-3x as it was too easy to forget to tag your club. At least with Arccos I know I will get good use out of it.
[/quote]

GPS(satellites) works separately from your mobile network(cell towers).

But I'd really like to get this, but I'm not sure if I could handle having an old iPhone in my pocket for the entire round. I definitely won't try to put my 6+ in my pocket while I'm playing.
[/quote]

That's correct. The iphone 4s and greater have a separate GPS system that will work without any type of network connection. It did however warn me that it may not be as good without a signal.

The distances are a bit different compared to my Sky Caddie, so I'm not sure if I'm going to use it as my GPS or not. And this could be due to not having a full network signal. I'm not 100% sure honestly. I guess I could put my sim card in it and see if it changes anything. I highly doubt it will, but it'd be a good test.

Overall I'm pretty impressed with it. I just put the iphone 4s in my back pocket and I never notice it during the swing. I think it was the right choice for this since it's smaller. It still weighs the same as new phones, but having that small size helps keep it in the back pocket. I even keep it in there when I get back into the cart.

As for recording rounds and downloading courses, I just connect the iphone via my wifi and it takes care of all of those things. I essentially have a more powerful ipod touch at this point in time.

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought Arcoss early this week and played my first round yesterday. Overall, if you are a statistics/info guy it is excellent. Easy to use with a few minor issues. The data I have only reflects one round so the info is a bit lumpy. I look forward to it smoothing out as I play more rounds. Here is the review of my experience.

Set up

The product is very easy to set up. Timing each sensor to each club is pretty straight forward and simple. The only issue, which I discovered after the fact was that the putter sensor does not work with counterbalanced putter grips as you can not screw the sensor into the grip. I ended up playing with my back up putter yesterday and putted really well (go figure!) I have ordered another putter sensor ($30 plus $5 shipping) and am going to glue the new sensor onto my counter balanced putter. We will see if this works or how successful it is. This was a major issue which almost caused me to return the product. I haven't solved the putter issue yet, but I'm glad I stuck with it.

Playing

The device worked great while on the golf course. It missed 3 shots all day long. It recorded a 3 putt on the first green when I actually 2 putted. It missed a 15 foot birdie putt on a par three totally and recorded that hole as a hole in 1, and for some reason it recorded an extra 7 iron shot on a par 5. I made these edits shortly after I finished my round right from my phone. There were a couple things to get used to. The sensors are about 3/4 of an inch high and hard to get used to aesthetically. After about 9 holes I forgot about them. A bit more problematic was my habit of keeping my hands on the butt ends of my clubs, particularly the driver and putter, while I am waiting to hit. At one point I hit the sensor and had to go back to the app and "close" that info box before continuing. I usually do not carry anything in my pocket while I play except a tee, a ball mark, and a ball repair tool. Keeping the phone in my back pocket while I played was a bit of an adjustment. I walked yesterday so I never really sat down. I usually ride, so it might be a bit different next time I'm out with a cart. We shall see. On the golf course I use a rangefinder. I did discover about half way through the round that you can use the App as an on course GPS. It was particularly helpful to figure how far to carry bunkers and hazards. A nice new bonus. Finally, yesterday was overcast. I was able to see the screen easily but do wonder how that will work on a bright sunny day. Other than using the GPS feature, I didn't really look at the app. For the most part I just played and it recorded info. I didn't actually check any golf related info until a back up on the 18th tee.

Analysis

I am still sorting through the great information and as mentioned, more rounds will smooth out the data. There are a couple things to mention though.

It's nice to have FW and GIR and putts per GIR recorded automatically. Some of the info was helpful but obvious. Of the 7 fairways I missed I missed 6 of them left (it was pretty obvious I was pulling my tee ball all day). Some of the distance stats are humbling and really need to be put into context. Anyone who thinks he bombs the ball all over the golf course may be humbled by the average drive stats. It measures all your drives, even the ones you don't hit on the screws. I drove the ball pretty well but hit a crazy pop up on a par 5 that went about 150 Yards. I haven't done that in 5 years. Anyway, I was able to mark that drive after the fact so that it didn't count in my I am drive average. A couple other notes. I hit 3 7 irons all day. One from the fairway went 150 yards which is about the max I ever hit a 7. The second one was from a terrible lie in the rough. I completely laid the sod over it and it went about 75 yards. My third 7 iron was from about 130 yards into the wind and up the hill to a pin you can't be short of. As a result, my average 7 iron was 118 yards. On one hand, that IS the average of how far I hit the club. On the other hand, one of the shots in particular was terrible. I suppose I could go in and exclude that shot from the average. Not sure yet how I will play that. Similar with wedge play as I hit a 1/2 wedge from 60 yard, but I expect that the wedge distances will be all over the place. For people who like to review their round to learn more about how they play it is very cool to go through the holes and see how you played them. If you know your game it want tell you a huge amount that you don't already know, but some things are interesting. The system handicaps you in 5 areas of golf. drive, approach, chipping, sand and putting. I was a 5 handicap for the round (I am actually an 8 but played pretty well yesterday). Of the 5 areas I came out as a 14 for I am drive (missed a lot of fairways and am a short knocker) a 2 in approach (hit a lot of greens but the app doesn't measure proximity to the hole) a plus 1 in chipping as I got up and down 3 out of 3 times) a plus 2 in sand (this is very interesting. I had one sand shot all day and splashed it out to 4 feet, which the app thought was pro caliber, then I missed the putt), and a 10 in putting because even though I 2 putted a lot and made 2 birdies, I had a lot of feet putting. Not really sure how that works. I felt I putted great and would take that putting round all day. The system did fail to record one of my birdie putts and I added it after the fact as a gimme. That may have impacted things.

Overall it was good stuff and after a bit of adjusting to how I hold my clubs and keeping my phone in my pocket, I settled down just played golf. Looking forward to smoothing out the data as I play more rounds.

[quote name='flightpath' timestamp='1437518160' post='11995110']
Arrcos has been the best! I have had no problems with it other than a gimme putt here and there. I have it linked to my apple watch so i don't have to carry my phone with me and it just awesome. Lets me see where i excelled or failed on each round!
[/quote]

I am looking at Arccos and Game Golf. I am not an Apple Fan Boy, so having to buy a cheap iPhone 4s is a bit of a PITA. But if needs be, etc.

I must confess, I know nothing about the Apple Watch. I know it is pretty limited without the iPhone. So how can you use the Apple Watch, instead of the iPhone? I am guessing the Apple watch does not have a GPS module in it, so if the iPhone, or in my case an iPad4 stayed in my bag, the Arccos is going to get it wrong when you are on the green. Or have I misunderstood something here? If I am correct, why are Arccos spending so much effort developing the software for the Apple watch, rather than Android?

I did have some communication with Arccos and they were very quick to respond and answered comprehensively, though gave no timetable for Android. They did mention that it would need a minimum of Android 5 (Lollipop) and even then some Android devices would not work because of BlueTooth issues.

Another question - for International people here. I am in Germany and I could probably find someone on eBay who will ship to Europe and of course I will have to pay Import Duty and Sales Taxes (MWSt in Germany). But very often in the EU, electrical stuff must have a CE mark/certification. Arccos don't seem to know anything about this (it is a self certification thing for low voltage electrics and possibly emissions - bluetooth). I am trying to get an answer from the German customs if the CE certification is in fact required. Otherwise, it could get confiscated on arrival in Germany.

Anyone imported an Arccos system into Germany successfully?

BHB1

[quote name='jflores8' timestamp='1439906218' post='12160780']I have used on for three rounds and the data it spits out is great, however, I might be ready to move on from it so if anyone is interested I am ready to part with mine on a good deal.[/quote]
If you don't mind me asking, why?

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.

I've enjoyed seeing the stats with Arccos. I for sure see room for improvement with the app and what the sensors can pick up, but being the first generation, this gives me a ton of useful information. I'm actually glad that I had to get an extra phone to use. I just keep the smaller iphone4s in my back pocket and I forget it's there half the round.

The only trouble I have is if I miss a green and I carry multiple clubs from the cart. I usually have to delete one shot as it will pick up a random vibration from them. It's not that big of a deal though. I don't know how they can get around that. I could probably do better and make sure I hold them correctly and lay them down softly.

Anyway, I am playing a tournament this weekend and I was thinking about how to use Arccos. I see they have the restricted version of the app. But, how is having the actual pieces on the clubs legal at all? They don't stay in the same spot throughout the round. I constantly have to make sure they are twisted tightly, which I'm pretty sure would make them illegal in a tournament...correct?

Could I actually tape them or something crazy like that?

TM Spider X

I've been using Arccos for a while, lots of really good information. However, I just took them off, and am gonna try to play 36 this weekend without, as I feel like it's perhaps too much information. Information overload.

I have gotten used to the little changes of phone in pocket, and holding clubs upside down. Once I stopped paying so much attention, things are fine. I just feel like all the numbers, percentages, etc maybe cause me to be too technical instead of just playing by instinct and feel which is what I've done athletically my entire life... Gonna see how it works to step away for a bit.

[quote name='BHB1' timestamp='1439571802' post='12137294']
Arrcos has been the best! I have had no problems with it other than a gimme putt here and there. I have it linked to my apple watch so i don't have to carry my phone with me and it just awesome. Lets me see where i excelled or failed on each round!
[/quote]

I am looking at Arccos and Game Golf. I am not an Apple Fan Boy, so having to buy a cheap iPhone 4s is a bit of a PITA. But if needs be, etc.

I must confess, I know nothing about the Apple Watch. I know it is pretty limited without the iPhone. So how can you use the Apple Watch, instead of the iPhone? I am guessing the Apple watch does not have a GPS module in it, so if the iPhone, or in my case an iPad4 stayed in my bag, the Arccos is going to get it wrong when you are on the green. Or have I misunderstood something here? If I am correct, why are Arccos spending so much effort developing the software for the Apple watch, rather than Android?

I did have some communication with Arccos and they were very quick to respond and answered comprehensively, though gave no timetable for Android. They did mention that it would need a minimum of Android 5 (Lollipop) and even then some Android devices would not work because of BlueTooth issues.

Another question - for International people here. I am in Germany and I could probably find someone on eBay who will ship to Europe and of course I will have to pay Import Duty and Sales Taxes (MWSt in Germany). But very often in the EU, electrical stuff must have a CE mark/certification. Arccos don't seem to know anything about this (it is a self certification thing for low voltage electrics and possibly emissions - bluetooth). I am trying to get an answer from the German customs if the CE certification is in fact required. Otherwise, it could get confiscated on arrival in Germany.

BHB1
[/quote]

You are right with the apple watch, it uses the GPS of the iPhone. So if someones leaves the iPhone in the bag it will take the location of the bag and not of your shot!

Regarding the CE (Low Voltage Directive). This is only applicable to electronic devices between 50 and 1000V (AC) or 75 to 1500 (DC) as far as I know (google it)

[quote name='ParHunter' timestamp='1440057009' post='12174662']
[quote name='BHB1' timestamp='1439571802' post='12137294']
[/quote]

BHB1
[/quote]

You are right with the apple watch, it uses the GPS of the iPhone. So if someones leaves the iPhone in the bag it will take the location of the bag and not of your shot!

Regarding the CE (Low Voltage Directive). This is only applicable to electronic devices between 50 and 1000V (AC) or 75 to 1500 (DC) as far as I know (google it)
[/quote]

Thanks ParHunter.

Yes, I thought that since they work on watch batteries (CR3032) that would not require a CE mark.
BUT they use Bluetooth to communicate between Sensor and the Apple iPhone. I think that would require a CE mark.

I looked at a Logitech cordless mouse. That is battery powered and uses Bluetooth (I guess). That does have a CE mark inside the battery compartment.

I am going to look at my son's Sony Smart Watch. I guess that uses Bluetooth, so probably also has a CE mark.

Bit of a bureaucracy pain.

BHB1

I finally played my first round with the Arccos system this weekend and it was less intrusive than I imagined. I tried using my old iPhone 4S, but the 8.4.1 update caused it to not open, so I used my 6+ instead. I barely noticed my phone in my pocket and will definitely keep using the 6+. Battery life was 100 to start the round, and 5 hours later, it was down to 60-65%. Could be due to the fact that there's a larger battery in the 6+.

There's a bit of a learning curve to edit and update shots, but I found it easy enough to do when I got home from my round. I only checked my phone 5 or 6 times the entire round and that was mostly to add in gimmie putts. It was extremely usefully to be able to exclude shots from avg distances to not skew things. Lots of useful information after only 1 round of data, so it should be fun to see what it looks like with 5-10 rounds in it.

Titleist TSR3 8° Tensei Pro Orange 1K 60TX
Taylormade SIM Ti 5W 19° Tensei Pro White 70 TX
Taylormade SIM Tour Issue 19° 5W Diamana BF 80 TX
Mizuno JPX 921 Tours w/ Mitsubishi MMT TX125
Taylormade MG3 50.9/56.12 (TW)/60.11 (TW) w/ Mitsubishi MMT S125

Scotty Cameron Craftsman Squareback Proto 33.5"

[quote name='npham' timestamp='1440445133' post='12200364']
I finally played my first round with the Arccos system this weekend and it was less intrusive than I imagined. I tried using my old iPhone 4S, but the 8.4.1 update caused it to not open, so I used my 6+ instead. I barely noticed my phone in my pocket and will definitely keep using the 6+. Battery life was 100 to start the round, and 5 hours later, it was down to 60-65%. Could be due to the fact that there's a larger battery in the 6+.

There's a bit of a learning curve to edit and update shots, but I found it easy enough to do when I got home from my round. I only checked my phone 5 or 6 times the entire round and that was mostly to add in gimmie putts. It was extremely usefully to be able to exclude shots from avg distances to not skew things. Lots of useful information after only 1 round of data, so it should be fun to see what it looks like with 5-10 rounds in it.
[/quote]

Does it not work with an iPhone 4s anymore? I'm an android user but was going to buy a used 4s to use with Arccos.

Just don't update to 8.4.1

The app opened up just fine with 8.4

[/quote]

npham...
Editing becomes very easy after a few times. I have become familiar enough with it to know when an edit may be necessary, and can usually get it done in a few seconds while others are finishing out putting on the green. You will enjoy watching the stats accumulate and change. The way they break down your game into Driving, approach, chipping, sand and putting is very informative. I particularly like the charts showing how the individual parts of your game compare to your hdcp. You can really see what parts you need/should work on the most.

On another note... One of the things I really like about the Arccos system is everything can be and is done on the phone and a computer is not needed to upload or edit the round. I also have Game Golf but we moved a little over a year ago and have never set our PC back up, and without it to upload and edit rounds, Game Golf was basically rendered useless. Not saying it isn't a good system, just not as easy to use.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Taylormade M2[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Nike Sumo 3w, 5w[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Nike CPR 26*[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged, 5-PW[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Cleveland 588 RTX 50,54,58[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Scotty Futura X7M DB[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Precision Pro NX7 Pro[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Arccos Game Tracker[/size][/font][/color]

Not having to upload the rounds using a cable is pretty handy, for sure. But it would be nice to edit holes on my computer after a round if I notice something off. Unless you can do it, but I didn't see how. I'm sure once I get 5 rounds in, I'll be a pro. Putting distances is something that I won't rely on too much, because it doesn't know where the hole is.

I'm not sure if I heard it from customer service or not, but for some reason I recall something about ability to edit via a computer was coming 'sometime' in the future. I don't feel it is necessary, but it would definitely be a nice option.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Taylormade M2[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Nike Sumo 3w, 5w[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Nike CPR 26*[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged, 5-PW[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Cleveland 588 RTX 50,54,58[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Scotty Futura X7M DB[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Precision Pro NX7 Pro[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Arccos Game Tracker[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='BlueFab5' timestamp='1440471705' post='12203132']

[/quote]

Does it not work with an iPhone 4s anymore? I'm an android user but was going to buy a used 4s to use with Arccos.
[/quote]

I bought a iphone 4s to use for this and it's using 8.4.1. I don't have any issues. I bought a super slim case for it and one of the thin glass screen protectors. I just slide into my back pocket and forget it's there for most of the round.

It's this case:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P2VSAYU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

TM Spider X

[quote name='IHFN' timestamp='1441522828' post='12270914']
[quote name='BlueFab5' timestamp='1440471705' post='12203132']

[/quote]

[/quote]

I bought a iphone 4s to use for this and it's using 8.4.1. I don't have any issues. I bought a super slim case for it and one of the thin glass screen protectors. I just slide into my back pocket and forget it's there for most of the round.

It's this case:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P2VSAYU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I'm going to update to 8.4.1 and see what happens.

I played 36 with it for the first time a couple days ago. The app seemed to respond very slow to commands like add gimme putt, deleting shots, etc... Not sure if it's because I'm using older software or just the phone.

I'll update to 8.4.1 and see how it does.

4S is quite a slow phone when compared to the new 6's. There's a long load time on my 4S compared to my 6. The 4S can run the app, but it was built to run on the newest hardware.

[quote name='npham' timestamp='1441644757' post='12276048']
4S is quite a slow phone when compared to the new 6's. There's a long load time on my 4S compared to my 6. The 4S can run the app, but it was built to run on the newest hardware.
[/quote]

I've wondered about that as well. It can take awhile when editing a round. I usually do it while at home though so I haven't gotten totally frustrated with it...yet. I'm looking into other options though.

TM Spider X

• 2 weeks later...

My buddy got the Arccos (I have had GameGolf for the last year). Watching him screw around with it every hole, and even not using it a couple of time after he stated "I really don't want to mess with thing today" threw up a red flag for me. He never carried his phone around before, and that seems to be messing with him, and it reads "shots" when a shot doesn't actually occur. He also had issues with shots not being sensed.

The tags are also pretty big compared to GG (adds about 3/4" to the length of your club).

Not sure of the data comparison at this point, however.

[quote name='larrybud' timestamp='1442930726' post='12349606']
My buddy got the Arccos (I have had GameGolf for the last year). ............... and it reads "shots" when a shot doesn't actually occur. He also had issues with shots not being sensed.

The tags are also pretty big compared to GG (adds about 3/4" to the length of your club).

[/quote]

I will be interested in your experience of how the Game Golf compares with the Arccos Golf system for data accuracy. I had read some reports that the Game Golf was a bit inaccurate in terms of shots shown as being in bunkers at the side of the green when the ball was actually on the green. If true, it is perhaps down to differences in the mapping each unit uses.

BHB1

I have both system and I prefer Arccos for better accuracy. GG on my home course was off 25 yards on every shot. Probably a mapping issue. But I prefer the stats on Arccoss and editing if needed is much simpler and faster.

I have now used Arccos for 8 rounds. I am very satisfied with the ease of use and the accuracy. I have adjusted my routine a bit by no longer dropping my clubs at the side of the green but rather setting them down gently and for the most part I don't swing my clubs around unless I am about to address the ball. I have found the system very accurate in terms of registering shots and for the most part just have to go in every few holes and add a gimme putt. That's a good problem to have.

I am still not sure what to "do" with the data the system provides how ever. It really has just enforced much of what I have already known about my game which is that I need to get a bit better at everything.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='BHB1' timestamp='1443126022' post='12363032']
[quote name='larrybud' timestamp='1442930726' post='12349606']
My buddy got the Arccos (I have had GameGolf for the last year). ............... and it reads "shots" when a shot doesn't actually occur. He also had issues with shots not being sensed.

[/quote]

I will be interested in your experience of how the Game Golf compares with the Arccos Golf system for data accuracy. I had read some reports that the Game Golf was a bit inaccurate in terms of shots shown as being in bunkers at the side of the green when the ball was actually on the green. If true, it is perhaps down to differences in the mapping each unit uses.

BHB1
[/quote]

Arccos has issues with this as well. It basically comes down to how well a course has been mapped out on GPS. Because if they don't map it out perfectly, then your ball can be in a bunker, but it will show up in the rough. This has been the most frustrating thing for me to do with the software. You should be able to choose the lie you had around the greens. I would assume they would fix something like this in the next version. Instead, you have to move the spot around until you find the bunker so you can get proper sand save stats.

I ended up losing a sensor so I quit using it for awhile, but I contacted Arccos and they are replacing it for free. That was awesome of them. If it wasn't for that, I probably would have just sold it. So I'll hang on to it and keep the stats coming.

One big benefit of it is that it does make me think less about my score and how many putts and greens I've hit because I'll just worry about that later since it's tracking it. I just worry about the shot at hand.

TM Spider X

[quote name='ludeatude' timestamp='1420222059' post='10674971']
What if you decide to hit some extra chips or a shot off the tee? The system would record it. Thats a drawback I see compared to the other system where you are in control of when it is active.
[/quote]

It doesnt record another shot thats hit within 5 yards of the last shot. It's in a sense a mulligan...and you can always go in and "delete" the last shot.

[quote name='tjchamp' timestamp='1445211003' post='12474302']
What if you decide to hit some extra chips or a shot off the tee? The system would record it. Thats a drawback I see compared to the other system where you are in control of when it is active.
[/quote]

It doesnt record another shot thats hit within 5 yards of the last shot. It's in a sense a mulligan...and you can always go in and "delete" the last shot.
[/quote]

^Agreed. You can edit the starting and ending location of your golf shots.

-Doc Todd

Wishon 919 9* Kuro Kage 70gm stiff
R11 15.5 3w stock stiff
R11 19 3h stock stiff
Mizuno MP 53 4-P S300
Scor 50/54/58
Old school Ping Anser with loads of lead tape

[quote name='tjchamp' timestamp='1445211003' post='12474302']
[/quote]

[/quote]

On many occasions (golfing by myself) following a slow group, I'll hit two or three shots from the same location but playing the first one. The only shot recorded is the first one. Now if you are actually playing two balls, it will not work.

[quote name='IHFN' timestamp='1440040951' post='12174004']
They don't stay in the same spot throughout the round. I constantly have to make sure they are twisted tightly, which I'm pretty sure would make them illegal in a tournament...correct?

[/quote]

Hello Everyone,
I am very intersted in buying this item, but the quoted part worries me: based on some comments in this and other forums they seem to fall off after a while. I hit at a driving range after work monday through friday, something like 100-120 balls each time, which I guess would put a lot of stress on them. Has anyone used them enough to see if this may be an issue? Any experience in gluing them, or using electrical tape?

[quote name='YossarianPaso' timestamp='1445459127' post='12488544']
[quote name='IHFN' timestamp='1440040951' post='12174004']
They don't stay in the same spot throughout the round. I constantly have to make sure they are twisted tightly, which I'm pretty sure would make them illegal in a tournament...correct?

[/quote]

Hello Everyone,
I am very intersted in buying this item, but the quoted part worries me: based on some comments in this and other forums they seem to fall off after a while. I hit at a driving range after work monday through friday, something like 100-120 balls each time, which I guess would put a lot of stress on them. Has anyone used them enough to see if this may be an issue? Any experience in gluing them, or using electrical tape?
[/quote]

I have now played 10 Rounds with mine. I have never had a sensor come out or come close to it. It may depend on the grips you have since they screw in the small holes in the grips. Some holes may be smaller than others. Again, I have not had that issue. I have a counter balanced putter grip which I have had to tape the sensor too. I cut off the screw in part and taped it to my putter and have had no issue thus far.