**My sticks** 2021

[quote name='Pert1862' timestamp='1422972931' post='10875063']
Those shadow boxes are awesome. Well done.
[/quote]

Thanks man! My little sister made the US Open one for me for m birthday and then I put together the Sawgrass one. Getting those done at Michaels or somewhere similar are just too expensive…I think they quoted the US Open one at 500 bucks to do it. Id rather things be a little crooked and have 500 in my pocket lol.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

Good room bubbag!

Level w Uncle Cardy, ever have one too many wobbly pops and try to tackle the big fella ?

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 3w 15.1* GD AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x 

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i & s55 7i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

Like the scotty color scheme, man cave is pimp. Got anywhere to putt in there?

Cally MB's are fantastic irons, WAS very very close to buying them

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

[quote name='cardoustie' timestamp='1423277519' post='10903335']
Good room bubbag!

Level w Uncle Cardy, ever have one too many wobbly pops and try to tackle the big fella ?
[/quote]

hahahahah!

Not yet, but he has scared a couple people going down there or when my wife heads down and forgets to turn the lights on.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='drbonesvt' timestamp='1423283443' post='10904021']
Like the scotty color scheme, man cave is pimp. Got anywhere to putt in there?

Cally MB's are fantastic irons, WAS very very close to buying them
[/quote]

Thanks! I do have a place where I roll it down there, from the far end of the basement down the hallway to the stairs, probably ends up being close to a 25-30 foot putt.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='cardoustie' timestamp='1423277519' post='10903335']
Good room bubbag!

[/quote]

Hahaha I'm pretty sure even a wall poster of Willis is intimidating enough tob leave alone even in the midst of epic blackout drinking sessions

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

• 5 months later...

[size=5][u][b]Midseason August update![/b][/u][/size]

So started the season off great, continued on the momentum from the end of last year and was cruising along until a few weeks in the middle hung me up. Little bit of a cast crept in the swing and took a few weeks to get the release back to normal, but was able to figure it out. Made some changes after really not getting the feel for the irons. They worked fine for me, but the feel was just missing and then I wasn't able to move the ball much with the RBTs as well as I could barely figure out where I hit it on the face. So I decided to go for a change! I really wanted to go back to the similar profile and feel of the 2009 TPs that I was playing last year, so decided to go for the 2014 MCs.

[attachment=2897226:irons.jpg]
[attachment=2897158:IMG_5317.JPG]
[attachment=2897202:IMG_5318.JPG]

Wedges:
Was doing pretty good with the Clevelands I was using, but saw these at Golfsmith as a custom order somebody never picked up and decided to scoop them up at 20 bucks a piece. They look really nice, have a cool color combo and have the raw finish that I really like on wedges.
[attachment=2897150:IMG_5309.JPG]

Lastly I decided to make the risky move of changing putters! I really putted well with my Custom Shop Newport for a couple of years and never had any plans to swap it out, but I went for it and took the plunge. Changed to a Bettinardi Queen Bee #5. It is a very similar shape and I think it looks great. I really liked the feel I was getting from the graphite shaft in the putter, so I did the same with this one and installed a dark red shaft, which I think looks good with the copper color of the head.

[attachment=2897134:IMG_5296.JPG]
[attachment=2897208:putter.jpg]
[attachment=2897266:IMG_5319.JPG]
[attachment=2897270:putt.jpg]

Last change……how I get these things to the course! Since my last WITB I parted with my lovely 370z Jezzabelle. She was a wonderful car but just needed some more space, and for the clubs to fit a bit more comfortably! So I sold Jezzy and ended up with a 300s. Here is a quick shot of my wifes Sport and Lorenzo!
[attachment=2897258:whips copy.jpg]

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

that red shaft in the copper head DOES look really good, great choice!

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

[quote name='byoung09' timestamp='1439184797' post='12108508']
How good are the Hopkins wedges? I want to try them but I can't seem to get the balls and put the vokey's away.
[/quote]

Ill know more the more I play them, but so far so good! The shape they have is really 588ish to me, and the finish and look is really nice. They have a nice turf interaction and good feel to me. In limited chances, the spin and touch seems on par with anything Ive played recently as well. All in all, especially for the 20 a piece I found them for can't be happier with them. Look forward to playing them more. Honestly, do not be afraid to give them a shot.

[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1439207308' post='12109002']
Love the changes, sweet rides too. Any chance of getting out one early morning next week?
[/quote]

Thanks Joel! Let me see what the schedule looks like, but if not next week how about the following?

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='Beastmode Broker' timestamp='1439211077' post='12109206']
that red shaft in the copper head DOES look really good, great choice!
[/quote]

Thanks dude! I really enjoyed the graphite in my Scotty and figured to give it a shot with this one too, but this was harder to match or have something that went well with it. Luckily had a deep red colored graphite shaft around and it fit so went for it. Im really happy with how it turned out. Didn't realize until afterwards that it is a nice blend of 49er colors too. I plan to do some paint fill on the irons when I get a chance to grab some paint.

Such a little adjustment, but it really changes the feel. Almost like a pseudo counter weight with the head feeler a bit heavier than when in a steel shaft and then the super stroke balances it out a bit.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

First round with the clubs was a interesting one lol…..

Realized all the irons were poorly put together and all the heads would spin off. Luckily didn't lose any heads down the range or anything, so had to rebuild them and have them curing now and slid some new niions on them. Looking forward to playing them again Tuesday.

As for the putter, so far so good. Its a similar feel to the Scotty, but a bit clickier and has more pop. Holed some midrange putts and had some good lags with it.

The wedges were good as well, actually had one of the better short game rounds this year with them. They have really good spin, as well as touch and are easy out of bunkers and most lies I had. I look forward to playing them more.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

Irons all put together and redone, and threw the niions on there. Have the bottom hand built up near the butt (thank you lifetime of baseball) and then enough build up to feel in between midsize and oversize. Really liked how they turned out.

[attachment=2909716:unnamed.jpg]

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

Hope those irons work out for you. I'm still enjoying them immensely. Also, I was inspired by your putter, the finish mainly, to go look more into Bettinardis and found a few designs that I like, so I might pick one up soon if the prices are right.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

Puppet, Ive been really pleased and impressed with the Betti so far. I know putting is subjective, but Ive had no issue changing from the Cameron to it. Its a smooth feel, and great roll but it also is a bit more solid of a strike than the Scotty. More of a pop and click, as opposed to like absorbing and pushing if that makes sense…..

Id highly recommend checking one out, with the stash of gear you have you could easily swap some extras for one to give a shot. Ill let you check mine out when we play a round.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

• 2 weeks later...

[attachment=2930072:wedge.jpg]

Got another set of wedges, been wanting to give these a shot. its a 52/60 set and going to shaft up the 52 with the PXI and check out how it plays. Plan to test them out this fall and see what wins out. After playing the Hopkins more, Im still liking them a lot. They are really comparable to anything Ive played before and have been able to incorporate them well into the bag.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

Putter progress: started well and its still going fine, but just need to get used to the heavier head on the Betti. I also reshafted it with another red shaft, but just a bit longer to have it playing at 33.5. Its a pretty good difference to the Cameron I was using, so Im just practicing and finding that the Betti needs much much less of a stroke to send it anywhere. Blew a few 10 footers and in way past the whole last time I played lol…...

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

Not looking good for the Hopkins…...

One range session and one round and the TP are stepping into the bag. Nothing wrong with the Hopkins, but the TP just feel a bit lighter and easier to get through. The one thing, the Hopkins kind of felt clunky and heavy on touch shots…..not sure what exactly it was. But the TPs were really good for me….and to be honest, the 52* is the main reason for the swap, it covered that 120-75 yard range for me with ease. Never ever been able to hit a GW well, but this one paired with my swing being in a nice groove lately has really impressed me.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

Bags coming together nicely Bubba. On a Niners note I have no idea what to expect this year. I honestly could see anything between 4-12 and 10-6. I think the first 4 games will be the key. They could easily be 0-4 or 3-1

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1441251891' post='12255306']
Bags coming together nicely Bubba. On a Niners note I have no idea what to expect this year. I honestly could see anything between 4-12 and 10-6. I think the first 4 games will be the key. They could easily be 0-4 or 3-1
[/quote]

I'm with you. Defense looks really good actually, and I like the concepts that Mangini has used so far. Lots of blitzes and pressure, and the young secondary is looking very good. Johnson and Acker have really stepped up and shown they can play. Again, the issue lies with the offense. Nothing they've shown has instilled any confidence, besides Carlos Hyde. Guapo looks very very good. That being said, I think once the oline settles in a bit things might look better on the offensive side of the ball.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

So tinkering a bit as fall comes in, and one thing that I wanted to check into was possibly seeing if I could move a 4w in place of my 2 hybrid that I have been playing for a while. I have recently put my driver back in the bag, and have seemingly fixed my issues I had with it. So driver, 12* mini and looking to lock in that next spot…..My 2 hybrid sits in the 220-235 range and kinda plops without much roll, so was looking to maybe get something that could roll a bit after it hits while staying in that general distance range.

I went with a Stage 2 3HL RBZ and stuck a TS Speeder 7.2 in it. Hit it today at the range and took a minute to get used to it but once dialed in, it was producing a really nice flighted ball and was hitting about the perfect range I was looking/hoping for. Time will tell more, and when I get it on course to check the roll but so far I was liking it. Was messing with the settings, but currently had it clicked in at 17.5* loft.
[attachment=2943704:4w.jpg]
[attachment=2943728:4wh.jpg]

Was looking for a second shaft to play in the SLDR just to fiddle around with, and came across a Tour Spec Fuji Speeder pro X and decided it may be a good option. I fit pretty well into the speeder family, so with being professionally fit to the 7.2 TS, I was thinking this may be in the same general ballpark. I was going with an open mind, but came away very impressed with the shaft. It definitely lifts up the ball flight for me, but in doing so it doesn't balloon or hurt me. The feel is nice, it kicks pretty clearly and its a really solid shaft. It was actually a very good session, and so far Im really a big fan of adding this to the stable in the SLDR. I can see something like a scramble this would come into play nicely, when clearing trees and cutting corners comes into play more often.
[attachment=2943730:speeder.jpg]
[attachment=2943732:speeder2.jpg]

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

• 3 weeks later...

Some updates and fiddling:

Got a different putter, Ive been getting used to the Queen Bee some more but had the opportunity to land a Scotty just to have in the background if anything should happen. I grabbed a Squareback and have been putting with it, same feel I got accustomed to with my Newport I let go a while back. Shell be a good one to keep around just for putting at the house and maybe if things act up with the Queen! I did the paintfill myself over a slow weekend, still touching it up a bit and finishing it:
[attachment=2969400:IMG_5325.JPG]
[attachment=2969406:IMG_5327.JPG]
[attachment=2969408:IMG_5328.JPG]

The Queen Ive been getting more comfortable with her and getting used to the heavier head weight. I actually took the counter balance weight out of the Squareback and put it in the Bee thinking that it would help, and so far it has been a really good tool to even out the weight. Ive been getting much more consistent with it and not blowing as many putts 5 some feet past. I also changed out the shafts, the red one didn't quite give a good enough feel so went with a stiffer aldila RIP in it and its much better now.
[attachment=2969416:IMG_5330.JPG]

Wedges are solidly in the bag and will stay. The Tour Preferreds have been awesome and Im really liking them, especially the ATV on the 60. I never really liked GWs before and had an issue whiting them, but with some improvement in my swing the GW has really been awesome from about 120-100 and has brought more confidence to the game. I have a matching 6.5 PXI in the gap wedge and then have a 6.0 satin PX in the 60.
[attachment=2969418:IMG_5335.JPG]
[attachment=2969420:IMG_5336.JPG]

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

Finally throwing up a swing video! Swinging a 7 iron.

First thing is first, that is exactly why you should bring your iPod to the range lol. Classic stranger range tips to another stranger.

Lastly, swing is grooved in pretty good currently with some changes I made to the grip about a month ago. I still pop a little bit through contact, but Ive always had that….seemingly very difficult to eliminate apparently. Other than that, I want to try and work more on coincidentally a bit more lag and really throwing the butt of the club at the ball until the last moment, but thats taking time.

Any thoughts or commentary, feel free!

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVdewSQZ5O0[/media]

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

• 2 months later...

Late season moves/additions:

So toward the end of the year I knew I had two clubs I was wishy washy on and was up for swapping them out. The Putter and the 2 hybrid.

The Queen Bee was a really cool putter and I wanted to love it so bad. But it was a different change from my trusty Newport Custom I had, it was heavier and more clicky and I just couldn't figure the touch and feel out. I decided that before the turkey shoot to go back to what I knew….and went the Scotty Newport route. Almost instantly, the feel, touch and confidence was back to what I knew and was comfortable with. I am glad I made to move back!

Got a dark grey graphite shaft in it and my counterweighted Superstroke Ryder Cup 3.0:
[attachment=3048822:scotty.jpg]
[attachment=3048830:scotty2.jpg]
[attachment=3048834:scotty4.jpg]
[attachment=3048838:scotty3.jpg]

My TP 2011 2 hybrid was a great club for me for two seasons but I had my eye on a different one to replace it and get a bit newer. The R15 tp really reminds me shape wise of my older Nickent Ironwood that I had in the bag forever. So far its been a great hybrid and I really like what it has to offer performance wise. I look forward to hitting it more in better weather next season.

[attachment=3048846:hybrid.jpg]
[attachment=3048848:hybrid2.jpg]

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

• 1 month later...
  • bubbagump changed the title to **My sticks** 2021