New Bridgestone 2009 Ball lineup! E7+ B-330-RX

Divotsplus

Orangeblood- Since you KNOW that sales are down at Bridgestone would you please direct me to this information? I would be curious to see what their market share trends and product segment trends have been.

Regarding the statement that they have introduced a ball that is not any different than their previous offerings would you please direct me to that information as well since the information that Bridgestone has provided seems to show that there are some clear differences in construction from previous offerings?

Ultimately you are correct in that we do NOT know that this is different/not different from their other offerings, so where is YOUR proof that it isn't? You make statements about others being inaccurate about their understanding of this product while suggesting that you ARE accurate with your understanding, so where is YOUR proof?

Also, calling someone a "kid" is not only quite petty but it is down right rude. If anything YOU are the one that is acting like a child because YOU believe that YOU have the answers and that anyone who does not agree with you is somehow ignorant, childish, or downright stupid. So please let me see the scientific data that you have regarding the molecular structure and overall ball composition between these balls as compared to the previous offerings as I like this sort of thing and would enjoy learning what Bridgestone has or has not done with their products.

Oh, by the way...their upcoming B330/B330s are now 4 Piece balls which I think is a first for them. Of course this is nothing new from previous offerings right???

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys aren't getting what I'm saying..either by my lack of a proper explanation or some issue you have, so there isn't a point to discuss it further.

What? That they are all "fools" for believing that a new Bridgestone ball is actually new and not the same ball with a different label?

No, I think they get what you are saying.....they just aren't buying into it.

S-

You guys aren't getting what I'm saying..either by my lack of a proper explanation or some issue you have, so there isn't a point to discuss it further.

What? That they are all "fools" for believing that a new Bridgestone ball is actually new and not the same ball with a different label?

No, I think they get what you are saying.....they just aren't buying into it.

S-

OK smart guy...show me where the jist of the discussion was that the ball was the same with a different label? That was mentioned once in the context of wondering if it was or not. Did you speed read the thread and picked that out as your sentence to respond to?

Damn man I'll be reading all of your posts from now on.....the valuable insight I'll gain from will be mindboggling.

Orangeblood- I probably came off too strong, please forgive me. If you are trying to say something like: "let's not believe the hype and wait for some field testing" then I get you and would agree with you whole heartedly. It was a little rough reading your reference to one person as a "kid" and also referring to someone/others as a "fool" but it seems like you didn't mean it the way I took it.

The only reason I say I'd like to see this ball with a bit of a lower price is because it sounds like some of today's (excellent) Tour Type ball replacements for lower swingspeeds.

Example:

Titleist NXT Tour. Very respectable spin, soft, great for a 90-100 MPH swingspeed. And sub Tour Ball pricing.

Almost every brand has a ball in that target market... Bridgestone (I think) is doing this a bit differently. It'll be interesting to see if it works. If so, maybe we'll see a company like Titleist make the NXT Tour 'disappear' and announce the launch of a 'new' lower swing speed, tour ball called the PRO V-NXT at 50 bucks a pop?

I think perception is huge in the ball market. If B-stone can get this in the hands of tour pro's, people will try them at the very least. (Do any pro's play the NXT tour?)

I still want to try it out though. In the end, if something works, use it. If it doesn't, move along.

Whatever....it's just another BS marketing ploy. I know I'm not the only one that see's it that way.

Sales are down at Bridgestone golf so they roll out a ball that is really no different than the curent line knowing a bunch of fools(used to be me) will go out and spend $43 a dozen, and then report back to all their buddies what a great round they had with the new ball. I enjoy golf, but this kinda c*** gets really old quick.

I look forward to trying new products just to see if they are different or better or worse, it gives me something to do.....that and watch OU in the cotton bowl in October.

I'm disappointed the RX will be priced at $40.00. Their Treosoft ball is really a good ball IMO that is long and peforms well around the greens and a ball for lower swing speed priced at $21.00. My quess is the RX is not twice as a good as the Treosoft.

Driver:  Ping G430 LST 9.5*

3 Wood: TM Stealth2 16.5*;  7 Wood: TM Stealth2 21*

Irons:  Srixon ZX5 4 - P

SW:  Titleist SM9 F 50* and S 56*

Putter:  TM Spider TourZ

But we're guessing of the peformance. No one really knows. In a couple of weeks, we'll all try it and give our impressions.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

I can't wait to try the Bridgestone B330RX but no one seems to have them in Central Ohio yet! I love the 330S and the e6. At my age (65) I find that I am still able to play John Cook's Northstar Resort from the 7,000 yd Scarlet Tees and be a respectable 6 handicap.

I have tried all of the new balls...even the Wilson ZIP! The bridgestone line-up is the best bar none!

I bought a dozen of the Treo's at Wally World. I went out and played. I seemed to be hiting it futher and with more consistancy than the Titlest NXT I was playing. It was great around the greens. I going to play them for a few weeks and see if that one round was a fluke.

Also I shot the lowest score that I have in months. I shot 84. I normally shot between 90 to 100, while breaking 90 occasionaly. My lowest score ever was 81, when I was in my late 30's.

The trend in price for premium balls is now $42.99 (except for Titleist which is higher).

The TM TP Red/Black

The Callaway Tour i

and now, the new Bridgestone Tour Caliber Balls.

I'm sure Nike will follow and Titleist's prices will be even higher than present when they intro their new ball.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

Can anyone tell me how the TreoSoft performs around the greens. Any spin on this ball compared to a NXT Tour or Bite?

Driver _____ Ping G400 Max
Woods ____ Ping G410 3 & 5, Cleveland XL HALO 7
Hybrids ___ Titleist 818H1 5H
Irons ______ Titleist T300 6-GW
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F & 56.10S
Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
Ball _______  Titleist ProV1 Yellow
Distance __ GPS:  Bushnell Phantom 2,  Rangefinder:  Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHIN ______ HCP floats between 10 and 12

I have played three rounds with this ball since I purchased my first dozen of theses balls. My wife heard me talking to one my church members about this ball. She later told me that she could teel I was impresed with it. She brought me in a dozen as a suprise last Wednesday.

I tried the Bridgestone E6 previously but I like the Treo much better. It seems to fit my game better. It has length and is great around the greens. It is not like hitting a Rock like a lot of distance balls I have used in the past. Also I I had 3 dozen of another brand which were brand new. I sold them to one of my members who used this particular ball. I'm sold on Treo. Two of the three rounds were the lowest rounds of this year. I even had a eagle on a par 4 yesterday. Its the only ball I'm carring in my bag now.

I can't wait to try the RX. I play Srixon Z-URS or Pro-V1 and I know there must be something better for MY game... I dig the feel around the greens but I would love a ball that will go straighter and further off the tee for my mid-90's swing speed and still give me that great feel. The RX looks like the perfect ball and I will drop $45 on a dozen as soon as I see a box.

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

FWIW I put one in the hands of a friend who swings 92-96 mph for his mens league this past wednesday... his reaction was the first "wow" I've seen from him in a long long time. He couldn't stop talking about how the ball "just goes".. he wanted to buy some on the spot. His playing partners watned to knwo know more about it as they hadn't seem him get that much out of his game in a long time as well.

here is my take on the pricing on the RX. Someone said it earlier, but you will never see Bridgestone sell the B-330 RX at a lower price point than the rest of the B-330 line. If they do they are idiots, b/c it only weakens the premium position of the B-330 line or sub-brand. It would be great for us the consumer from a price standpoint, but if you think about it, wouldn't it make the line progression much more confusing? It would be like Titleist launching a Pro-V1-A designed for the slower swing speed of the amateur player and charging $27/dozen. They all ready have that ball...it's called the NXT. Same with Bridgestone. Even if there is no difference in the balls (which I don't believe), the company needs segmentation...otherwise they will turn into Maxfli. Just my 2cents.

I am very familiar with the Bridgestone balls...I am one of the golf ball technicians that does the ball fittings for the Bridgestone Challenge. The RX is a brand new ball that was designed based on all of the data we get every week. It is NOT an old ball with a new name. Remember, when a player goes through a ball fitting, we have their launch conditions with our balls as well as our competitor's balls. Our R & D dept. looks at those numbers every week. Over 60% of all players swing under 105 mph, yet about 65% of those same players use a tour type ball. Without enough club head speed, it's hard to make a tour ball work the way it's supposed to. There are a lot of really good players out there who don't swing 105+. This ball will fit them MUCH better than other tour type balls. I played it twice last week, and it is amazing. I've been playing the e5+, which is a good ball for me, but I like the RX better. It should be available Sept. 1.

I am very familiar with the Bridgestone balls...I am one of the golf ball technicians that does the ball fittings for the Bridgestone Challenge. The RX is a brand new ball that was designed based on all of the data we get every week. It is NOT an old ball with a new name. Remember, when a player goes through a ball fitting, we have their launch conditions with our balls as well as our competitor's balls. Our R & D dept. looks at those numbers every week. Over 60% of all players swing under 105 mph, yet about 65% of those same players use a tour type ball. Without enough club head speed, it's hard to make a tour ball work the way it's supposed to. There are a lot of really good players out there who don't swing 105+. This ball will fit them MUCH better than other tour type balls. I played it twice last week, and it is amazing. I've been playing the e5+, which is a good ball for me, but I like the RX better. It should be available Sept. 1.

Looks like there may be finally a ball I'll actually like and will stick with!

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

This link might be worth checking out:

http://www.tourstage.com/x01.html

Those three balls have in the product line of Tourstage for around 2 years now.

They sound very close to what Bridgestone is offering for 2009 to the American market.

As has always been with Japanese culture, they want the products out in Japan first. The J33's were similar to design concepts already used by Tourstage for a year in Japan. The current J36 undecut cavity offering is taken from their X-Blade GR irons.

It would actually make less sense to design a ball from scratch when there are already 3 very successful ball lines in Japan with the R4, G4, and S3.

When Precept first came out with the "Dynawing" model, they claimed it was the best-selling ball in Japan. That ball was the Altus Newing. So rebadging is nothing new for Bridgestone.

The original B330 and B330-S are rebadged X-01 and X-01s balls.

But I don't mean to take anything away from Bridgestone.

All of those Tourstage balls were excellent, and really a cut above some tour balls in the market now.

I have been playing a wilson smartcore forever. Figured it is time to make the move to a premium ball for my short game.

Been trying a s_load of balls so far this year.

Finally tried "the Ball", a Pro V1x the last couple of weeks. This ball just excels in my short game. Can't say enough about it. Drives are straight and decent distance.

Finally yanking the string on my iron shots, hits and spins back a few feet.

Short game is where this ball is at. Putting and chipping are so pure.

Only bad part is I'm losing about 1 club distance wise when hitting the v1x compared to the wilson smartcore and other balls.

This is where I think my swing speed is negating the good stuff the Pro V1x provides.

Now, if the RX gives everything the v1x has but is good for the slower swinger (low to mid 90's), I will be switching over.

Not changing my username but
had a hole in 1!

just wanted to add my experience from a fitting yesterday.

I went out to a local course to play 18 and Bridgestone just happened to be there for free ball fittings with the Bridgestone LM, just about every brand and type of ball, and a net at the range. They had me hit my driver with my gamer, Pro-V1. After hitting several shots with various balls we looked at the data and the rep recommended the B-330S and gave me a free sleeve. I thought what the heck I'll play them today. WOW!!

The ball is softer off the face, less side spin when I want a straight shot, and flew about 5 yards further with my driver and I could hit ideal distances with my irons very consistently. AND it's seems WAAAAY more durable. Pro V1 last about 9-15 holes while the B-330S can go all 18+. The ball just compressed so much better than the Pro-V1. The fitter said the Pro-V1 has a compression rating of 90 while the 330-3 is rated a 75. My Driver SS averages 101MPH

I'm done with the Pro-V1 and will be playing the B-330S and I can't wait to try the new RX ball.

BTW i shot a 69 first time out with the ball! I wanted to thank the guys for the free ball fitting but they packed up for the day once I was done.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

e7+ will be surlyn covered like e6+

B330-RX price point will be $42.99/dz

RX and e7+ are expected to be in all stores by Sept 15th

New B330 and B330-S are now 4 piece instead of 3. B330 performs similar to old B330. New B330-S spins less off of driver and more off of short irons. B330-RX is three piece, soft compression for slower swing speeds. Spins the least off the driver while still maintaining greenside spin with its urethane cover.

Whatever....it's just another BS marketing ploy. I know I'm not the only one that see's it that way.

Sales are down at Bridgestone golf so they roll out a ball that is really no different than the curent line knowing a bunch of fools(used to be me) will go out and spend $43 a dozen, and then report back to all their buddies what a great round they had with the new ball. I enjoy golf, but this kinda c*** gets really old quick.

Don't know who you are getting your numbers from. Bridgestone golf ball sales numbers are up and their market share is steadily increasing. They are now neck and neck with Callaway for third place in the market, stuck behind only Titleist and Nike. Imagine where Bridgestone was 5 years ago, and were they are today in terms of market presence, tour exposure, and advertising.

And you say Bridgestone's sales numbers are way down?!? Are you crazy?

Imagine where Bridgestone was 5 years ago, and were they are today in terms of market presence, tour exposure, and advertising.

5 yrs. ago, Bridgestone was using the Precept name for all their golf ball products marketed in the US. They weren't doing half-bad, IIRC. Remember, the Precept MC Lady is still one of the all-time most popular golf balls, and pretty much launched the low compression core craze.