Playing the 2016 Ryder Cup Site Tomorrow

radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,672 ✭✭
Playing at Hazeltine for the first (and possibly last) time tomorrow! I'll try and take as many pictures as I can. My phone is almost completely out of storage, so there won't be a ton.

It's an outing called A Day at Chaska. Anyone else from the site going to be there?
Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag

Comments

• bcawley01bcawley01 Members Posts: 171 ✭✭
    Sounds cool man. Have fun!
    Titliest 913D2 10.5*
    Cobra Fly-Z 13*
    Titliest 910D2 15*
    Cobra Fly-Z 22*
    Nike Vapor Fly Pro 5-P
    Vokey SM5 52*
    Vokey SM5 56*
    Vokey SM5 60*
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6
  • 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members Posts: 9,843 ✭✭
    edited Sep 7, 2015 #3
    radiman wrote:

Playing at Hazeltine for the first (and possibly last) time tomorrow! I'll try and take as many pictures as I can. My phone is almost completely out of storage, so there won't be a ton.

It's an outing called A Day at Chaska. Anyone else from the site going to be there?
    **** phone ...get another sim card pronto.
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P MCC plus 4
    Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
    Bobby Grace [font=comic sans ms,cursive]SNYPER [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]II [/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]46"[/font][/font]
    Oregon Ducks Bag
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,672 ✭✭
    2putttom wrote:

radiman wrote:

**** phone ...get another sim card pronto.

I wish. Iphone image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

It's between deleting pics of my kids and taking pics of the course. After a long internal struggle, I chose my kids image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
  • awilawil Members Posts: 2,434
    Drop the pics on your computer !

Have played hazeltine and been out there many times this summer for lessons . You'll enjoy the day !
    Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @_aaron_wilson
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,672 ✭✭
    Well, all I can really say is that course is absolutely beautiful. I have never played a course of that level. I can't even describe how true the greens were, or how perfect the fairways were. It was truly a sight to behold. The course is in a beautiful setting. I wasn't able to get much for pictures unfortunately. I went through my phone and deleted a ton of pictures. But, my temp files grew overnight and ate up my available space again.

The bad news was my recently acquired back issues resurfaced two days before the outing. So, I was really limited in my swing. I had to flatten it out with minimal turn on the follow through to keep the ball in play. If I tried to take my normal swing, I only hit a weak slice. I was able to turn it into a low powerful draw, but since that's not what I'm used to, it took some adjusting. I went into it expecting to 3 putt almost every green, but I have to say putting was my strong suit. I realize the greens aren't as fast as they will be for the big boys next year, but they are still a heck of a lot faster than what I typically play. I tend to favor quick greens so I was able to adjust pretty quickly on the practice green. With the added speed, it was a little tough to get the subtle breaks down.

I ended up with 1 birdie on hole 10. I shot a 90 (which could have easily been 5 strokes better if my back was behaving). I just couldn't play to my normal yardages and left myself short too many times.

I have to mention, the second round was played at Chaska Town Course a few miles away. That course was amazing too. I loved the layout and they have it in tip top shape as well. I ended up shooting an 80 there with 3 double bogeys and 2 birdies. It's safe to say, I will be participating in this again in the future. I doubt they'll have it next September since they will be preparing for the pros. But it was $350 well spent.

I have a couple pics that I'll try to upload. I had a hard time getting my phone to display what I saw with my eye.
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64