Video Games

mwink822

[quote name='Pstar1978' timestamp='1442149536' post='12307120']
I still have an Xbox 360 with a huge library with games I still have to play yet. When I'm feeling nostalgic I'll hook up the NES and play Tecmo Bowl, Punchout and Mario Bros. I rarely buy a game when it first comes out because if you wait a week or two you can find it on sale.
[/quote]

Tecmo Bowl rules! Bo Jackson FTW!

I still play my 360 too. GTA V at the moment. I play Minecraft and Civ IV on the PC too.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Im a big Call of Duty and NHL fan, play on the PS4.

Cannot wait for Black Ops 3 to come out.

Whoever wants to make a GolfWRX clan for Black Ops, let me know

Driver: Tour Issued TaylorMade M4, 9.1 Deg // Matrix VLCT 60g X flex
3 Wood: Tour Issued TaylorMade M1, 3HL 17.1 Deg // Diamana D+ 82g X flex
3 Iron: Adams DHY 21 Deg // Matrix White Tie 83g X Flex
Irons: TaylorMade MC (2011) 4-PW // Project X 6.5
Wedges: Callaway MD4, 52, 56 & 60 // TT DG Tour Issued S200
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 
Bag: Titelst StaDry

Grip: GolfPride MCC Team Red/Yellow (Calgary Flames colors)

PS4 guy here. Play COD advanced warfare as a clan with 30 members. We don't allow anyone under the age of 18 in. Quite a few ex military members.
We have won or placed in the last 8 clan wars.

If anyone here is interested in joining our clan let me know.

Also play Rory. The online play with other players is pretty good.
Some of the guys and I have created a money game. We play scats at .50 per hole. The holes get tied most of the time so theee is very little money exchanged.

Xbone and PC here. Been playing a lot of Destiny, and with The Taken King now, will probably be playing more. Was a huge Battlefield 4 junkie on PC, but that's kind of died off. When my wife is watching something on the main TV, I'll do the Windows 10 Xbox app on my Surface Pro and play Rory PGA.

The game streaming in Windows 10 is pretty cool, but it's not 100% for a shooter like Destiny.

Mostly Destiny for XB1. Played TTK yesterday for 3-4 hours trying to get a feel for it and playing through the story. Pretty entertaining story addition (given the low bar the story previously had set).

Played a lot of COD previously, but AW just felt terrible and the BLOPS3 beta felt more like AW than BLOPS2 to me, so I'll commit my time to Destiny and probably a little Minecraft with the lady.

G430 LST 10.5* - G430 Max 15* - Cobra Baffler 17.5*- Sub 70 Pro 20* & 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58*  - F22

[quote name='FSCMatt' timestamp='1441755768' post='12283782']
I'm a PS4 man myself. I've been playing COD a lot. I'm waiting until this fall/winter when all of the new games come out to buy anything else.

If anyone wants to add me my screen name is: dammitfavra
[/quote]

A nice +1 for the screen name. Well done.

As for me, I'm a former console gamer who just dabbles now. I pull out the 360 now and then and will spin up something. I just found Fallout a few months back, and that might honestly prompt me to buy an XBO, just for that game. That and whatever is coming next in the Halo series. So much fun, both of them. Currently, I'm playing Watch Dogs and having a good time with that one. I don't jump on anything new because I know I probably won't get around to playing it for a while and by then, they'll be 50% off.

I've always been a fan of the 3rd person shooter games, especially the spy-type ones. Splinter Cell games were some of my favorites out of all of them.

Never been much of an online guy, so unless the game has a good campaign, I'm out. I have no desire to get dominated by a bunch of 12 year olds who then tell me how they porked by mom while smoking me at whatever game we're playing.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

used to play some fifa but last year switched to PES and seeing this year's reviews PES looks like the best soccer game ever made. Even if you're not a huge soccer fan like me, never played, the games are pretty fun. Planning to get PES 16 soon and most likely the new Metal Gear Solid game. don't really have the time to play much of anything so usually end up buying games after they've been out for a few months used. nba 2k16 is looking to be pretty good too.

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

Star Wars Battleground looks pretty good based on the videos that have been released.

Not sure about COD 3. The beta version was nothing special. But then again I hate Core.
Hopefully HC will be better.

A lot of gamers are talking about Metal Gear. I watched my son play the other day and I have to admit it looks fantastic.
As soon as my elbow heals, I'll be playing it.

[quote name='HoosierMizuno' timestamp='1442502429' post='12326410']
used to play some fifa but last year switched to PES and seeing this year's reviews PES looks like the best soccer game ever made. Even if you're not a huge soccer fan like me, never played, the games are pretty fun. Planning to get PES 16 soon and most likely the new Metal Gear Solid game. don't really have the time to play much of anything so usually end up buying games after they've been out for a few months used. nba 2k16 is looking to be pretty good too.
[/quote]

I was never a big soccer guy...didn't play much as I focused on other sports, but I always loved, LOVED, playing the FIFA games. I thought they were always some of the best sports games around. Of course, this was many moons ago playing FIFA on Sega Genesis, but you get the point ;).

Never got into the MGS games, but I have a feeling it's a series I'd probably enjoy quite a bit.

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1442522113' post='12327952']
[quote name='HoosierMizuno' timestamp='1442502429' post='12326410']
[/quote]

I was never a big soccer guy...didn't play much as I focused on other sports, but I always loved, LOVED, playing the FIFA games. I thought they were always some of the best sports games around. Of course, this was many moons ago playing FIFA on Sega Genesis, but you get the point ;).

Never got into the MGS games, but I have a feeling it's a series I'd probably enjoy quite a bit.
[/quote]

I play FIFA on PC and enjoy it more then I did on the PS4.

to any of the fifa guys, give pes a shot this year. i think you're going to realize how far ahead of fifa they are in terms of gameplay, and you can download the actual names and rosters for teams they don't have licenses for.

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

At the risk of getting too in the weeds re: FIFA, they f'd up the cardweights on Ultimate Team so no one is getting anything decent. Better off play the new draft mode, which is solid, and going with whatever you earn there rather than buying packs with coins or FIFA Points. Gameplay is a very different from FIFA 15. Pace is way down and shooting is much more difficult. I'm waiting to see how it plays out. They may patch it soon. Might also give PES a try since the new version is supposed to be a big jump.

[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1442435260' post='12323564'][quote name='FSCMatt' timestamp='1441755768' post='12283782']
I'm a PS4 man myself. I've been playing COD a lot. I'm waiting until this fall/winter when all of the new games come out to buy anything else.

If anyone wants to add me my screen name is: dammitfavra
[/quote]

A nice +1 for the screen name. Well done.

As for me, I'm a former console gamer who just dabbles now. I pull out the 360 now and then and will spin up something. I just found Fallout a few months back, and that might honestly prompt me to buy an XBO, just for that game. That and whatever is coming next in the Halo series. So much fun, both of them. Currently, I'm playing Watch Dogs and having a good time with that one. I don't jump on anything new because I know I probably won't get around to playing it for a while and by then, they'll be 50% off.

I've always been a fan of the 3rd person shooter games, especially the spy-type ones. Splinter Cell games were some of my favorites out of all of them.

Never been much of an online guy, so unless the game has a good campaign, I'm out. I have no desire to get dominated by a bunch of 12 year olds who then tell me how they porked by mom while smoking me at whatever game we're playing.[/quote]

Thanks. I'm not sure how I came up with it. I remember trying to figure out something funny and that's what I came up with.

Online is bad sometimes, but most people don't mic up I've noticed on advanced warfare.

Well, I put some hours in on the new Taken King expansion for Destiny over the weekend while I was down with a stomach bug. PSN handle is PrestigeRG2570 if anyone wants to do a strike or raid or whatever. I never did care much for PvP in Destiny.

Titleist TS4 8.5* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X
Titleist 917F2 18* (turned down to 17.25*) Diamana S+ 80X
4 - 718 Titleist AP3 Project X 6.0
4-P 718 Titleist AP2 Project X 6.0
White Satin Mizuno MP T7 51-08 Modus 3 105X
Blue Ion Mizuno MP T7 55-09 Modus 3 105X Soft Stepped
Blue Ion Mizuno MP T7 59-09 Modus 3 105X Soft Stepped
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback 1

XBox1 here but I wish I got a ps4 instead because of the absurd xb1 install times.

Fallout, Skyrim, Forza Horizon and Halo are the only games that keep my attention. I tried really hard to like destiny and Advanced Warfare...

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

[quote name='Gamble Gamble' timestamp='1442964459' post='12352826']
XBox1 here but I wish I got a ps4 instead because of the absurd xb1 install times.

[/quote]

Tip for quicker installs - disconnect from the internet before you start installing a game - goes SO much faster. So either pull your Ethernet cord or drop the wifi connection before attempting an install - makes a huge difference.

Just started back into Destiny for PS4. Downloaded the Taken King expansion and they give you a nice little option to jump to level 25......so I took it. Now I'm a level 36 and am always looking for people to shoot stuff with. Add me

GI_JOE_Shipwreck

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

Here is my main gripe with madden, I don't know when they last had it but I hate how how can't manually assign a certain cb to matchup with a certain wr. When teams like GB or Pit come out in single back or empty back sets with Jordy or Brown in the slot it makes it nearly impossible to play man to man cause you are either going to have your 4th corner or a safety covering them. Your only chance is to play a soft zone or bring pressure and hope you get home.

I typically play with Denver so it also sucks against teams with one big wr and one guy whose smaller but a better route runner (Det, Pit, ect.). Using pitt as an example I'd love to be able to put Harris on Brown all day and let talib's height deal with Bryant.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

[quote name='PZero' timestamp='1443124401' post='12362926']
My Top 5 favorite games of all time in no order

Halo 2
Halo 3
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Super Mario Bros 3
Mario Kart 64
[/quote]

I know you said 'no order' but putting Mario Kart 64 at the bottom deserves at least a 5 hour ban. Not kidding.

Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1443126924' post='12363116']

Halo 2
Halo 3
Super Mario Bros 3
Mario Kart 64
[/quote]

I know you said 'no order' but putting Mario Kart 64 at the bottom deserves at least a 5 hour ban. Not kidding.
[/quote]

Only a Packers fan would say something like that.

[quote name='PZero' timestamp='1443127693' post='12363146']

Halo 2
Halo 3
Super Mario Bros 3
Mario Kart 64
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

H2 by far at the top. Takes me back to the glory days during college of insanely late (and multiple day) H2 LANs.

G430 LST 10.5* - G430 Max 15* - Cobra Baffler 17.5*- Sub 70 Pro 20* & 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58*  - F22

[quote name='J-Tizzle' timestamp='1443209988' post='12367396']
[quote name='PZero' timestamp='1443127693' post='12363146']

Halo 2
Halo 3
Super Mario Bros 3
Mario Kart 64
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

H2 by far at the top. Takes me back to the glory days during college of insanely late (and multiple day) H2 LANs.
[/quote]

Same here. I was a freshman in college when it came out.

My five favorite games of all time in no order

SSX Tricky
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Call of Duty: Black Ops
SSX on PS3/Xbox 360
Assasins Creed: Black Flag

thoughts?

Driver: Tour Issued TaylorMade M4, 9.1 Deg // Matrix VLCT 60g X flex
3 Wood: Tour Issued TaylorMade M1, 3HL 17.1 Deg // Diamana D+ 82g X flex
3 Iron: Adams DHY 21 Deg // Matrix White Tie 83g X Flex
Irons: TaylorMade MC (2011) 4-PW // Project X 6.5
Wedges: Callaway MD4, 52, 56 & 60 // TT DG Tour Issued S200
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 
Bag: Titelst StaDry

Grip: GolfPride MCC Team Red/Yellow (Calgary Flames colors)