Dizz aka J.W. WITB for 2018 (Added new WITB pics on 6/16/2018!!)

Dizz

2018 BAG

I accumulated quite a bit trying to squeeze together a bag that I would actually like every club while still remaining fairly simple and efficient as I just don't see the need to carry 14 clubs anymore. Of course, as of June 16 I went through several different drivers, a mini-driver, several #3 woods, a utility/driving iron (or two... or maybe even three, LOL), two different wedge sets, an old PING EYE2 SW that was made at PING's factory exactly 32 days before I was born... and last but not least.... about 5-6 different Cameron putters as well as a naked Spider with the flow neck.

Now, good news is the G400 MAX & the 716MB irons are completely untouchable because both are that good and I just have no interest in trying anything else. With that said-- the utility iron spot in the bag is always up for sale if you will... I really have not found one that I think is perfect. Hopefully this G Crossover will fit the bill... with that said the Anser 17 degree hybrid will never leave my possession because its literally the best low lofted hybrid ever made in my opinion. Once it comes back it will more than likely go straight back into the bag and I will tinker with the Crossover or what to put there that makes sense.

The problem is my Anser 17 goes about 240-250 yards (yes, seriously) but I can only fly my 716MB #5 iron 200-205 yards. So I need a club that I can fly around ~220... and high & straight!! LOL.

PING G400 MAX (9)- HZRDUS Yellow 75, 6.5 Flex @ 44.75", Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360

PING G Crossover (#3-18)- HZRDUS Black 85, 6.5 Flex @ 40", Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360

Titleist 716MB (5-PW)- Dynamic Gold S400, Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360

Titleist Vokey (SM7 Tour Chrome 52.08F) & (SM6 TVD RAW 58.12K)- Dynamic Gold S400, Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360

Scotty Cameron Squareback Select @ 34"

I do have my Anser hybrid getting a shaft put into it... the Tour Spec hybrid shaft I had in it was a pullout from another hybrid and the tip splintered. I have a HZRDUS Black 85 going into it but its gonna be gone for a few weeks. Good news is I don't need it for my home course... I am waiting for the custom ordered G Crossover to come here. I custom ordered it online with a HZRDUS Black 85X @ 40" with Blue Color Code.

Here are just a few quick pics that I took of the bag:

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mitchell' timestamp='1442532784' post='12328622']
Solid set, so was the A.D. ground 60* in your stuff that got stolen?
[/quote]

A friend is using it right now so it was not in the bag that was stolen.

Are you gaming the R510 TP as your primary driver?

716MB (5-PW)- DG S400

Still using R510 TP, have 5 identically spec'd heads- the current one with VTS Silver (primarily used) , one with a 660TR , one with a Mitsubishi BleeX, and two that have yet to be shafted or see any play.

You still have an unused ShaqX? Great shaft, had one in a 200 tour 15* Duffy head years ago that met an untimely demise via trunk hinges of my Grand Prix at bag drop of rather well-known club in NC. Not bitter at all, :( , however- I do still have the head :). I had better watch it before someone thinks I am avoiding BST and don't want to cause problems on your WITB-lol.

Notice that you always seem to go back to G20, great club. Also have a playing partner here on Oahu that simply demolishes an Anser 17* with VTS Black 100 gram hybrid shaft, seem to recall you liked that shaft a bit.

Hope back is well and you get to enjoy your time on course, play well!
Aloha,
Mitch

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

love the bag Dizz
pretty simple

also glad to see you posting a but again, always informative and entertaining at the same time

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

Nice bag! I have PP loaded when you are ready to move those AP2s. Isnt that about your 4th or 5th set of AP2/ctapers???

• AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Kaili White 60X
  • TM SIM Ti 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

Love the simple bag, and stock shafts? Who are you??? :D

Tell me more about that 660TR, I'm looking for a good 60 gram shaft to try in a driver.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='Mitchell' timestamp='1442550300' post='12329684']
Still using R510 TP, have 5 identically spec'd heads- the current one with VTS Silver (primarily used) , one with a 660TR , one with a Mitsubishi BleeX, and two that have yet to be shafted or see any play.

You still have an unused ShaqX? Great shaft, had one in a 200 tour 15* Duffy head years ago that met an untimely demise via trunk hinges of my Grand Prix at bag drop of rather well-known club in NC. Not bitter at all, :( , however- I do still have the head :). I had better watch it before someone thinks I am avoiding BST and don't want to cause problems on your WITB-lol.

Notice that you always seem to go back to G20, great club. Also have a playing partner here on Oahu that simply demolishes an Anser 17* with VTS Black 100 gram hybrid shaft, seem to recall you liked that shaft a bit.

Aloha,
Mitch
[/quote]

I do still have an unused shaft-- I bought it when I was 15 years old and never ended up installing it. I have a huge trunk at my parents house that I left in the back of the closet inside my old bedroom when I lived there 10 years ago. I haven't opened that trunk in 10 years and I saw it a few days ago going through my old bedroom. I remember storing golf stuff in there back in high school so I opened it to see what I had left behind when I moved out to go to college and there were a few nice things that I'm surprised I didn't take with me to Ferris State's PGM Program.

I found that Mitsubishi ShaqX, an uncut, brand new UST ProForce 65 (the classic Yellow and Purple beast) in X-Flex, another brand new Dynamic Gold X100 metal wood shaft, a set of original Rifle 7.0 iron shafts and 2.5 dozen Pro V1X's from what I believe is the 2005 ball. Not a bad find 10 years later.

Yes I do always end up going back to the G20-- its just a head that I really enjoy. The 8.5 stamped head, which is probably closer to 9.5 degrees of actual loft just sets up perfectly to me at address and even in its stock form gives me nearly optimal driver numbers. At the prices they go for right now-- its a steal. I would say dollar for dollar the best driver on the market. Same thing goes for the Anser hybrid... it seriously just performs for me and I will kick myself if I ever get rid of it again. The VTS Black is one of the best hybrid shafts ever made... I've played it in several hybrids. A good friend of mine also have an Anser 17 with VTS Black 100X (I actually got it built for him by PING's Tour Department at 16.5 degrees) and he absolutely kills it as well... he dropped his 3 wood just like I did because it took its place.

I appreciate the well wishes on the back-- its still a work in progress.

JW

716MB (5-PW)- DG S400

[quote name='Beastmode Broker' timestamp='1442581187' post='12330308']
love the bag Dizz
pretty simple

also glad to see you posting a but again, always informative and entertaining at the same time
[/quote]

Thanks!

[quote name='Kidz2feed' timestamp='1442589465' post='12330884']
The minimalist bag is inspiring.
[/quote]

Thanks-- I don't find that the extra 2-3-4 clubs really truly makes that much of an impact on scoring.

[quote name='Albatross85' timestamp='1442590707' post='12330994']
Nice bag! I have PP loaded when you are ready to move those AP2s. Isnt that about your 4th or 5th set of AP2/ctapers???
[/quote]

I'll let you know if I ever decide to let them go. You mean of the 714 variety? No its actually only the second set with C-Taper-- I had a set with the 125 gram S+ and now this set with the 130 gram X. You just made me think so I got out a piece of paper and wrote down every set of 714 AP2's that I ever owned and I came up 14 different sets. One set of heads I had reshafted so 15 different combinations but 14 different sets of heads and it was easy because I take pictures of them and they're listed in order on my computer by date. My memory was pretty good and I only missed 3 total sets in the count.

Here they are if you are interested:

(4-PW)- PXi 6.5
(4-PW)- X100 Tour Issue
(4-PW)- S400 Tour Issue
(5-PW)- PX 6.5
(4-PW)- Modus 120 X-Flex
(4-PW)- PXi 6.5 (I really though I missed them, LOL)
(4-PW)- C-Taper 125 S+
(4-PW)- X100 Tour Issue Soft Stepped once (I really thought this was the answer!!)
(3-PW,W)- Steelfiber i95 S-Flex (I got in that car accident so convinced myself this would be easier on my body... LOL!!)
(5-PW)- Recoil Prototype 110 S-Flex
(4-9)- S400 Tour Issue (I loved my new 48 degree Vokey so I needed to match!!)
(5-PW,W)- Steelfiber i95 S-Flex (my new 712U 4 was so good I thought matching this had to be the answer with the new swing I was working on)
(5-PW,W)- Steelfiber i110 S-Flex (the 95's still didn't work but I liked the feel so I went slightly heavier thinking these would be perfect)
(4-PW)- S400 Tour Issue (these were my favorite of all of them so I finally went back) This is the final set I got bored with and had someone reshaft them with X100 Tour Issue shafts
(4-PW)- C-Taper 130X (this is the set I currently have now and the only set I bought used. The rest were all brand new!

Sickening isn't it? I will say this-- I like to tinker and I knew that there was nothing that was truly going to be that much better. I also hit all of them pretty well so switching between shafts like this rarely made a difference at all. The only sets above that I truly didn't care for were the Modus3 120's and the ReCoil Prototypes... the rest I enjoyed. All around I think my favorite set was either X100 Tour Issue Soft-Stepped one time or S400 Tour Issue...

I've been playing some form of AP2 since the original from 2008.

716MB (5-PW)- DG S400

[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1442592040' post='12331122']
Love the simple bag, and stock shafts? Who are you??? :D

Tell me more about that 660TR, I'm looking for a good 60 gram shaft to try in a driver.
[/quote]

You know what-- I haven't hit a 660TR in 10 years but I remember it feeling close to the 661 I have been tinkering with now only slightly stiffer in the tip. I will give you a report back if I ever end up getting it installed in my G20. It is a great shaft though-- I remember David Toms used to play it in his prime and he was a driving machine back then.

I know you know how good PING's stock shafts are-- I like cool and exotic gear as much as anyone on this site but I have no problem playing what works at this point now that I just want to enjoy the game and not worry about what's in my bag. Well, at least not nearly as much.

716MB (5-PW)- DG S400

[quote name='Dizz2' timestamp='1442606731' post='12332216']
love the bag Dizz
pretty simple

[/quote]

Thanks!

[/quote]

Thanks-- I don't find that the extra 2-3-4 clubs really truly makes that much of an impact on scoring.

[/quote]

I'll let you know if I ever decide to let them go. You mean of the 714 variety? No its actually only the second set with C-Taper-- I had a set with the 125 gram S+ and now this set with the 130 gram X. You just made me think so I got out a piece of paper and wrote down every set of 714 AP2's that I ever owned and I came up 14 different sets. One set of heads I had reshafted so 15 different combinations but 14 different sets of heads and it was easy because I take pictures of them and they're listed in order on my computer by date. My memory was pretty good and I only missed 3 total sets in the count.

(4-PW)- PXi 6.5
(4-PW)- X100 Tour Issue
(4-PW)- S400 Tour Issue
(5-PW)- PX 6.5
(4-PW)- Modus 120 X-Flex
(4-PW)- C-Taper 125 S+
(4-PW)- X100 Tour Issue Soft Stepped once (I really thought this was the answer!!)
(3-PW,W)- Steelfiber i95 S-Flex (I got in that car accident so convinced myself this would be easier on my body... LOL!!)
(5-PW,W)- Steelfiber i95 S-Flex (my new 712U 4 was so good I thought matching this had to be the answer with the new swing I was working on)
(5-PW,W)- Steelfiber i110 S-Flex (the 95's still didn't work but I liked the feel so I went slightly heavier thinking these would be perfect)
(4-PW)- S400 Tour Issue (these were my favorite of all of them so I finally went back) This is the final set I got bored with and had someone reshaft them with X100 Tour Issue shafts
(4-PW)- C-Taper 130X (this is the set I currently have now and the only set I bought used. The rest were all brand new!

Sickening isn't it? I will say this-- I like to tinker and I knew that there was nothing that was truly going to be that much better. I also hit all of them pretty well so switching between shafts like this rarely made a difference at all. The only sets above that I truly didn't care for were the Modus3 120's and the ReCoil Prototypes... the rest I enjoyed. All around I think my favorite set was either X100 Tour Issue Soft-Stepped one time or S400 Tour Issue...

[/quote]WOW! That's insane man. Well since you definitely would be an expert, i started a thread a few weeks ago and got no answers. [u][b]Does a low/no offset AP2 exist? [/b][/u]I love the AP2 feel and forgiveness but the offset throws me off and i tend to pull them.

• AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Kaili White 60X
  • TM SIM Ti 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

[quote name='redhead' timestamp='1442594661' post='12331330']
Interesting setup! How do you fill the gap between driver-hybrid-4i?
[/quote]

There is no gap between driver and hybrid-- actually the hybrid goes almost as far as the driver some days. I don't know how but this Anser 17 hybrid goes 260+ yards when I strike it well and as I said in my first post it feels like I haven't miss-hit it in the last 20 times I've hit it. And even if there was-- who truly expects to fill a "gap" at 250-270 yards? Same thing between my Anser 17 and my 4 iron... there's definitely a gap there but how important is it really? I hit my 4 iron about 210 or so and when I am swinging well and confident I can draw the 4 iron and hit it hard and make it go 220 or so in the air. These days I don't swing well very often though... LOL.

But think about it-- I don't know about you but I'm truly not precise enough to worry about "gaps" from 215+ yards away from the pin. I used to be a golf professional and have been as low as a +4.4 handicap and I am still not precise enough from that distance for it to truly make enough of a difference to absolutely need a cub between those two. From 220+ yards from the pin I am just trying to make solid contact and have it start in the general direction of the green... anything on the green or fringe and I'm pretty happy with it. Honestly even anything within 10-15 feet of the fringe and I don't necessarily want the shot back. So is there a gap there? Sure but stock shots with them both are 210 (4i) and 250 (17H) so its really not a distance that I consider hugely important to scoring nor do I expect there to be a club out there where I will be knocking down the flagstick from 230 yards. I'm pretty off being confident with a club and hitting is straight at my target leaving myself an easy chip or pitch that I have good chance of getting holed in two shots. There is nothing worse for scoring than going for the green from these hard to reach distances and leaving yourself in a much worse position by miss-hitting a club/shot you're not comfortable hitting. Hitting a low lofted hybrid, long iron or fairway wood from a tight lie or a lie in the rough is a very difficult shot for skilled golfers and even more-so for average to below average players.

Here is an example of what I am talking about-- I am not a great 3 wood player from the ground all the time. Sometimes when I am swinging really well I can hit that shot but not often-- I am much more comfortable hitting a shorter length hybrid instead--43" 3 Wood versus 40.75" for my 17 degree hybrid. On absolute perfect contact I hit a strong lofted 3 Wood slightly further than my Anser hybrid... this hybrid is special for my game though because most hybrids would be 25-30 yards short and not 5-10. Anyway I dropped 6 balls from 260 yards on the 18th hole of my home course which is a long uphill par 5. It was 260 to the hole and the pin was in the front middle so probably 257 to the front edge. I hit three balls with my 3 wood, one I hit well which finished 20 feet behind the pin and the other two I hit below average to poorly which finished 30 yards right of the green and nearly impossible get down in 2 (almost impossible to even keep on the green with the next shot) and the other I hit in the tall grass short right of the bunker which again left me a shot that was impossible to judge... a good shot would be getting it on the green. Sure a very skilled golfer could recover in these spots but an average to below average golfer would make more 7's from these spots than 5's... and they'd have a better chance of making 8 than 4. The next 3 balls I hit with my 17 degree hybrid which I am VERY confident in (can you tell? LOL) and I hit two of them pretty much as flush I can hit it and the other one I hit a hair thin but it didn't fly too much differently than the first two only rose a little bit because it was spinning more. The best one finished 2 feet onto the green and I had 8 feet or so for eagle, the next best one finished about 3 feet short of that one and left me a 10-12 footer from the fringe. The one I hit marginally thin finished 6-8 yards short right of the other 2 balls and left a straight forward chip from a perfect fairway lie. I think the more balls you hit with each club the more that club you are comfortable with and confident in would separate itself from the one that you aren't so confident in. In this case for me, the extra max of 10 yards that I [i]might[/i] get from that 3 wood doesn't seem worth it with the consistency of my hybrid. Oh yea, for those still reading and those that actually care-- I made three stress free birdies with the 3 balls with the Anser hybrid and I had two really easy uphill putts at eagle. The other 3 balls I made an easy 2 putt birdie and two pars... but the average golfer put it those same spots makes much higher scores with those 2 shots in the rough and the rough in trouble behind trees.

Does anyone here expect to knock down the pin from 220? 230? 240? 250?

I really enjoy this conversation about course management and how it relates to the clubs in your bag-- both the number of clubs and how you set it up from # of wedges versus the # of fairway woods, hybrids, utility irons, long irons, etc.

Thoughts everyone?

716MB (5-PW)- DG S400

[quote name='Albatross85' timestamp='1442607187' post='12332246']
[quote name='Dizz2' timestamp='1442606731' post='12332216']
love the bag Dizz
pretty simple

[/quote]

Thanks!

[/quote]

[/quote]

(4-PW)- PXi 6.5
(4-PW)- X100 Tour Issue
(4-PW)- S400 Tour Issue
(5-PW)- PX 6.5
(4-PW)- Modus 120 X-Flex
(4-PW)- C-Taper 125 S+

[/quote]WOW! That's insane man. Well since you definitely would be an expert, i started a thread a few weeks ago and got no answers. [u][b]Does a low/no offset AP2 exist? [/b][/u]I love the AP2 feel and forgiveness but the offset throws me off and i tend to pull them.
[/quote]

I've heard rumors of the tour department pressing the offset out of AP2's for its staff players. But I spent a day on the PGA Tour Van working with a few of the guys and they denied that a set like that existed.

I'm sure you probably know this but offset does NOT cause a player to pull or hook a shot. Offset is there for different reasons and its been proven that it does NOT have impact on left misses. Now with that said the mental part of the game has a huge impact on ballflight so if you feel like that offset is making you pull the shot then its certainly possible for it to happen.

716MB (5-PW)- DG S400

Good to see you back posting. Laughed at your AP2 list. Your first set listed is still in my bag and should be in there for awhile. Glad to have you back.

917 D3 8.5 Xphlexx Agera Orange RF Proto
SLDR Mini 12 Evo Speeder TS 757x
SLDR Mini 15.8 Rogue Black 110 80TX
Srixon 765 4-6 PX LZ 6.0
Srixon 965 7-PW PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 50 PX LZ 6.0
Vokey TVD 54V & 58V
Bettinardi Studio Stock 14 or Odyssey O-works 7

The 5 Wood in your signature came from me too. Did the 712U with PXi 6.5 come from me? I sold one of those exact specs just don't remember if it was to you. What about anything else in your bag?

716MB (5-PW)- DG S400

[quote name='Dizz2' timestamp='1442618891' post='12333002']
The 5 Wood in your signature came from me too. Did the 712U with PXi 6.5 come from me? I sold one of those exact specs just don't remember if it was to you. What about anything else in your bag?
[/quote]
Correct the 5 wood did come from you. The 712 u I had but pulled the shaft out of the ap1 3 iron that came with the AP2s from you. I think that might be it outside a few shafts I have laying around. What will I do now that you are out of the biz?

917 D3 8.5 Xphlexx Agera Orange RF Proto
SLDR Mini 12 Evo Speeder TS 757x
SLDR Mini 15.8 Rogue Black 110 80TX
Srixon 765 4-6 PX LZ 6.0
Srixon 965 7-PW PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 50 PX LZ 6.0
Vokey TVD 54V & 58V
Bettinardi Studio Stock 14 or Odyssey O-works 7

Dizz I love your post about gaps and course mgmt. last year I was so worried about filling gaps but i agree with you, anything past 200 I'm not flag hunting. If I get anywhere close to the green I'm stoked. I would love a 210-215 club so I'm still searching for that but it's also a club I would hit once a round.

Titleist TR2 - Graphite design DI

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Odyssey #7 CH

[quote name='Dizz2' timestamp='1442605294' post='12332110']
[quote name='Mitchell' timestamp='1442550300' post='12329684']

Aloha,
Mitch
[/quote]

I do still have an unused shaft-- I bought it when I was 15 years old and never ended up installing it. I have a huge trunk at my parents house that I left in the back of the closet inside my old bedroom when I lived there 10 years ago. I haven't opened that trunk in 10 years and I saw it a few days ago going through my old bedroom. I remember storing golf stuff in there back in high school so I opened it to see what I had left behind when I moved out to go to college and there were a few nice things that I'm surprised I didn't take with me to Ferris State's PGM Program.

I found that Mitsubishi ShaqX, an uncut, brand new UST ProForce 65 (the classic Yellow and Purple beast) in X-Flex, another brand new Dynamic Gold X100 metal wood shaft, a set of original Rifle 7.0 iron shafts and 2.5 dozen Pro V1X's from what I believe is the 2005 ball. Not a bad find 10 years later.

Yes I do always end up going back to the G20-- its just a head that I really enjoy. The 8.5 stamped head, which is probably closer to 9.5 degrees of actual loft just sets up perfectly to me at address and even in its stock form gives me nearly optimal driver numbers. At the prices they go for right now-- its a steal. I would say dollar for dollar the best driver on the market. Same thing goes for the Anser hybrid... it seriously just performs for me and I will kick myself if I ever get rid of it again. The VTS Black is one of the best hybrid shafts ever made... I've played it in several hybrids. A good friend of mine also have an Anser 17 with VTS Black 100X (I actually got it built for him by PING's Tour Department at 16.5 degrees) and he absolutely kills it as well... he dropped his 3 wood just like I did because it took its place.

I appreciate the well wishes on the back-- its still a work in progress.

JW
[/quote]You are so correct on that old yellow and purple 65 being a "beast" look at my signature I still play them. I look at thrift stores and yard sales all the time for them and will buy any club with them even if it is a POS club. I pull the shafts and hoard them

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

[quote name='Dizz2' timestamp='1442610193' post='12332434']

Does anyone here expect to knock down the pin from 220? 230? 240? 250?

I really enjoy this conversation about course management and how it relates to the clubs in your bag-- both the number of clubs and how you set it up from # of wedges versus the # of fairway woods, hybrids, utility irons, long irons, etc.

Thoughts everyone?
[/quote]

didn't want to quote the whole post (BTW I really enjoyed reading) but thought id give you my thoughts on this gap
I have been trying to find a long iron I can hit high enough and consistent enough to get me to the green ..... and its not out there
maybe its mental, but a 4i and me do not go well together
that being said, I can get a 5i out to 205 210 if i step on it, w my next club being a 20* hybrid
Ive learned to hit that hybrid 200-235 as well, so I am confident that the 200-235 gap is now fine
and its a distance I really don't see that often anyways, so like you said - get me somewhere close to the green and I'm all in

I like your idea of a lower lofted hybrid and being confident w it
the 3w has been a revolving door in my bag for quite a few years
I am OK w it from the tee but not always awesome w it from the turf
meaning I will rarely go for a par 5 in 2 w it outside 240 yards, if there is trouble near the green (and there always is)

may be time to hunt down a 16 or 17* hybrid and give that a go next season

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

[quote name='MJisGOAT' timestamp='1442629237' post='12333734']
Welcome back Jdub! Now where did instant offense disappear to?
[/quote]
I'm alive. Got a new job in the biz and I have been ridiculously busy. Going to make a comeback very soon! I do not have a shop any more though so my contributions probably won't be as flashy lol. Hope all is well with all of you guys.

[quote name='Instant Offense' timestamp='1442882916' post='12347320']
[quote name='MJisGOAT' timestamp='1442629237' post='12333734']
Welcome back Jdub! Now where did instant offense disappear to?
[/quote]
I'm alive. Got a new job in the biz and I have been ridiculously busy. Going to make a comeback very soon! I do not have a shop any more though so my contributions probably won't be as flashy lol. Hope all is well with all of you guys.
[/quote]That's good to hear.

@therealping

Good to see you back Dizz. Question , what were your thoughts of having the ap2 gw versus a non matching gap wedge. I have a vokey 50 in the bag now going with the ap2 but this past weekend on course I really started thinking about the gw to match because of how great the pw is (as well as the rest of the irons). Thanks man.