• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='knock it close' timestamp='1441769625' post='12285434']
[quote name='stevw' timestamp='1441695994' post='12279496']
Do you have a link to the pictures?
[/quote]No I don't I saw them in the catalogue
[/quote]

Same, the upper front area is the same as the old DNA's. But the back heel area has some lines in it, from the heel to the middle of the shoe.

Not too bad, but prefer the OG DNA's. Plain, compared to the new ones. Comes out in November.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

[quote name='Lesmond' timestamp='1441769853' post='12285456']
[/quote]

Same, the upper front area is the same as the old DNA's. But the back heel area has some lines in it, from the heel to the middle of the shoe.

Not too bad, but prefer the OG DNA's. Plain, compared to the new ones. Comes out in November.
[/quote]Yea my mind is a little fuzzy cause I think I looked at the pics about a month or two ago, but the heel area is like the old xps' in the heel but the opposite direction right?

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

[quote name='knock it close' timestamp='1441770352' post='12285496']
[quote name='Lesmond' timestamp='1441769853' post='12285456']
[/quote]

[/quote]Yea my mind is a little fuzzy cause I think I looked at the pics about a month or two ago, but the heel area is like the old xps' in the heel but the opposite direction right?
[/quote]

Yeah, sort of like that shoe. But there's two lines/designs on it. Going from heel to toe. In that direction.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

I have not used the DNA's but i hear great things about them from friends, they look nice and comfy, but I must say that the Adidas Boost are incredible...

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

[quote name='pauliodotnet' timestamp='1441800682' post='12286482']
they fixed the squeaking with gen2, and gen 3 is supposed to be out october 3rd i believe.

gen 2 also fixed the losing spikes issue i believe.
[/quote]

I had problems with spikes on both gens of the DNA. I absolutely love this shoe but I was replacing the same spike after every round. Ended up switching them out for hyperflex due to the spike issue hopefully they will switch from the PINS spike system to something else.

Taylormade SIM2 Max 10.5*

Taylormade Stealth 15*
Taylormade Stealth 22*

Sri on Z U85 26*
Adam’s A-Tour Red 5-P
Edel 54* DVR, 58* DVR

Ping PLD Milled DS-72

I have the 1st generation DNAs and I love them; however, the overall quality could have been better. They are falling apart and it is disheartening considering how comfy and stable they are. I am a little hesitant reading about these new ones... as with everything I will reserve judgement until I see them in person...

Driver: PING G410 LST, Ping Tour 65X

3 Wood: PING G400, Project x EvenFlow Blue 75 6.5

3 Hybrid: PING G410, Ping Tour 85 X

Irons: Mizuno MP-5 (4-PW), Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: PING Glide (50SS, 54WS, 58ES), Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Ball: Taylormade TP5 (Pix or Yellow)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I just received a new pair of FootJoy DNAs and I have a couple questions I was hoping the community can help out with. First, when I ordered (TGW) and talked with customer service they said they'd send the 2015 model but they shipped the 2014 (the plain front). What is the opinion on 2014 vs 2015, was the change purely cosmetic or did it fix a breakage issue with the front of the shoe? Also, I measured my foot and it was 12 with width between B-C so I went with narrows. As I've always worn medium width shoes before and had to lace the shoes up so tight, the narrow shoes feel a little weird, like they were made for my feet and a little snug. Is this a good thing and how golf shoes are actually supposed to fit? I'm coming from 12 medium Superlites where my feet were sliding in the shoe. I just want to make sure these will work for me before playing 36 this weekend and not being able to return them for full credit. Thank you.

The thing that keeps turning me away is the bicycle toe. I don't know why companies feel the need to put a bicycle toe on their golf shoes. Why in the world there are seams and stitching there is beyond me. I may be going overboard about this, and maybe I'm just a little too anal, but shoes like that get irreversibly dirty in that area after the first round. I just don't get it. Its not hard not to stitch there.

Rant over.

[quote name='heisman6183' timestamp='1443036648' post='12357640']
Hello, I just received a new pair of FootJoy DNAs and I have a couple questions I was hoping the community can help out with. First, when I ordered (TGW) and talked with customer service they said they'd send the 2015 model but they shipped the 2014 (the plain front). What is the opinion on 2014 vs 2015, was the change purely cosmetic or did it fix a breakage issue with the front of the shoe? Also, I measured my foot and it was 12 with width between B-C so I went with narrows. As I've always worn medium width shoes before and had to lace the shoes up so tight, the narrow shoes feel a little weird, like they were made for my feet and a little snug. Is this a good thing and how golf shoes are actually supposed to fit? I'm coming from 12 medium Superlites where my feet were sliding in the shoe. I just want to make sure these will work for me before playing 36 this weekend and not being able to return them for full credit. Thank you.
[/quote]
Many FJ shoes, including these, run large. I had to go to an 10.5, instead of an 11.

The 2014 had breakage problems on the side (a hit or miss problem). That's why they added the piece of leather to reinforce the shoe for the 2015 version.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1443040254' post='12358002']
[/quote]
Many FJ shoes, including these, run large. I had to go to an 10.5, instead of an 11.

The 2014 had breakage problems on the side (a hit or miss problem). That's why they added the piece of leather to reinforce the shoe for the 2015 version.
[/quote]

The length is a very good fit, I'm just not used to golf shoes fitting so snugly, reminds me of wearing track spikes. But in medium width footjoys I've had to make the eyelets meet to get them to be tight enough and there's always a lot of room on top of my forefoot. I'm thinking I finally have a pair of shoes that fits correctly, just not used to it. Damn long and narrow feet, can't find anything in a store. Dress shoes are a nightmare.

[quote name='heisman6183' timestamp='1443040766' post='12358048']
[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1443040254' post='12358002']
[/quote]

[/quote]

The length is a very good fit, I'm just not used to golf shoes fitting so snugly, reminds me of wearing track spikes. But in medium width footjoys I've had to make the eyelets meet to get them to be tight enough and there's always a lot of room on top of my forefoot. I'm thinking I finally have a pair of shoes that fits correctly, just not used to it. Damn long and narrow feet, can't find anything in a store. Dress shoes are a nightmare.
[/quote]

For the dress shoe nightmare, with that kind of a foot, try Allen Edmond's styles that are built on the 5, or 8 lasts.

From their site...Shoes built on the 5 last:[list]
[*]Black Hills
[*]Cambridge
[*]Cronmok
[*]Fifth Avenue
[*]Fifth Street
[*]Heritage Golf
[/list][list]
[*]Jefferson
[*]Kenilworth
[*]McAllister
[*]McGregor
[*]McTavish
[*]Neumok
[/list][list]
[*]Park Avenue
[*]Rush Street
[*]Shreveport
[*]Strand
[*]Strandmok
[/list]
Shoes built on the 8 last:[list]
[*]Carlyle
[*]Clark Street
[*]Delray
[*]LaSalle
[/list][list]
[*]Mora 2.0
[*]Sapienza
[*]Steen
[*]Vernon
[/list]

[quote name='Makuakane_Bear' timestamp='1442282192' post='12314340']
I have the 1st generation DNAs and I love them; however, the overall quality could have been better. They are falling apart and it is disheartening considering how comfy and stable they are. I am a little hesitant reading about these new ones... as with everything I will reserve judgement until I see them in person...
[/quote]
Could you explain the "falling apart" bit? I've had my DNAs for just over a year now and I absolutely love them. I have the BOA version. They have some noticeable crease marks and scuffs but not more than I would have expected. I always store them with shoe trees.

I did find them to be a bit roomy in the forefoot-area though - easily solved by adding the front half of an extra inner sole under the original one.

TaylorMade SIM Max - 6M3 X

Titleist 906F4 - Whiteboard 83 X

TaylorMade TP UDI 2 - Modus 120 X

Mizuno MP-37 3-9 - S300

TaylorMade MG raw 50-12, 58-08, 60-07 - S300 (50), X7 (58, 60)

Scotty Cameron Newport AoP PP

[quote name='oskaru' timestamp='1443147292' post='12364514'][quote name='Makuakane_Bear' timestamp='1442282192' post='12314340']
[/quote]
Could you explain the "falling apart" bit? I've had my DNAs for just over a year now and I absolutely love them. I have the BOA version. They have some noticeable crease marks and scuffs but not more than I would have expected. I always store them with shoe trees.

I did find them to be a bit roomy in the forefoot-area though - easily solved by adding the front half of an extra inner sole under the original one.[/quote]

Sure. On my right shoe, the sole is separating from the leather. The separation is happening on the inside of my shoe, near the ball of my forefoot (where your forefoot bends when you take a step). I have a couple spikes missing too:(
Now are they still wearable/playable? Absolutely! I even wore them during my last tournament I played 2 weeks ago. However, now the shoes are saved only for serious rounds/tournaments in hopes to extend the life of the shoe. In between those rounds they have shoe trees in them, are cleaned, and kept in a shoe bag. The truth is they really are the best feeling golf shoes I have ever worn. They are also the most expensive shoe I have ever owned- hence my disappointment that after 1 season, they are falling apart even though I have taken really great care of them.

Cheers for the explanation. Maybe you should shoot FJ an email about the sole separation. Doesn't sound like something that should happen after a year of normal usage.

Mizuno MP-37 3-9 - S300

No problem. Thanks for the advice- if FJ can do anything that would be great.

I haven't had trouble with any of my FJ products, but I've been told that their customer service is excellent.

Definitely worth a try. I mean... worst case is that they can't do anything about it.

Mizuno MP-37 3-9 - S300

I'm in the market for a good pair of shoes so how good are these dnas?compared to say a hyperflex my main issue is having wet feet so they must be good when playing early morning rounds with heavy dew on the ground in winter .ps sorry for hijacking the post before spending £100plus on shoes I need as much info as I can get cheers in advance