30A Area of Florida

Does anyone have course recommendations for the 30A area of Florida? I'm going to a wedding in Rosemary Beach in the beginning of October and would like to play a Friday round with a group of about 4-8. We are looking into Shark's Tooth and whether we can get on there, but any course recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Titleist 917 D2 driver
Callaway XR16 3 wood
PXG 0317 hybrid
PXG 0311 4-PW irons
Vokey SM6 50F, 54S, 60S wedges
Scotty Cameron 009 Circle T putter
2017 Titleist ProV1

Comments

• cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers Posts: 12,297 ✭✭
    Sharks' Tooth and Camp Creek are both private but far and away the best in the area
    Ping G410 LST 12* Blueboard TI 53x
    Ping G400 13.9* Blueboard 63x
    Ping G400 5w 16.5* Blueboard 73x 
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Mitsu KK 80s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Mitsu KK 80s
    Ping Blueprint 6-8i DG xp115 x100 p-spec
    Ping Blueprint 9i-PW DG s400 orange dot
    Vokey sm2 TVD M grind 50*, 54* & 60* DG s400 Onyx
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • crazy8golfercrazy8golfer Unregistered Posts: 1,292
    If you stay at a Water Color property you can play at Camp Creek and possibly Sharks Tooth, all are owned by St.Joe. Otherwise, I suggest if you or one of the other golfers belongs to a club, have the golf pro call and get the group a couple of tee times. Both are the best golf courses in the area, your next best options are Bay Point Nicklaus which is about 20 miles away in Panama City or Sandestin 25 -30 miles towards Destin. There are a couple of other smaller courses close by, Santa Rosa, Holiday Golf or Hombre.
  • Scottyguy68Scottyguy68 Members Posts: 367 ✭✭
    You can play both Sharks Tooth and Camp Creek, but theyre pricy at $175 when we were there (early august). However, if you are able to drive toe Panama City Beach Bay Point is a great course. Its in great shape, and real tough from the tips. Story is Nicklaus went in and eased it up, as it wouldnt get any play because it was so tough haha
    Titleist 915 D3 Tour AD MT
    Taylormade M2 15* Tour AD DI
    Bridgestone J33 Airmuscle 3 Iron
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 4-PW KBS C-Taper 120
    Ping Glide 50, 55, 60
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black
  • fhandleyfhandley CraftFarmsRTR Members Posts: 58 ✭✭
    I'm headed down there this weekend. Tried to get on the Raven but there was a tournament. Have a tee time at Baytowne. Lady in clubhouse said it was more popular than the links course? Played Bay Point two months ago great course.
  • fhandleyfhandley CraftFarmsRTR Members Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Played Baytowne last Saturday, short course from Blues, course in decent shape a few of the greens had some crab grass or similar weeds overtaking a few greens. They will still quick and a nice course. I would play it again. The Raven was holding a Sun Belt conference tournament so I would assume its in better shape.