College Golf Eligibility Question?

mcmski ·  
mcmskimcmski Members  604WRX Points: 61Posts: 604 Golden Tee
Anyone know?
I didn't take the typical golf route. I didn't start playing until I was in college and as luck would have it my university doesn't have a golf program. I'm getting pretty decent and beginning to play with more consistancy but I haven't paid the money to establish a handicap index yet. I generally shoot in the low 80's and have come near par a few times and seem to still be showing steady improvement as I gain more control over various short game shots that I'm sure most of you have had in your bag since you were 12 image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Anywho, I'm applying to grad schools this fall and had the thought that maybe with consistant coaching and a practice facility that I could shoot some low numbers and keep up with the young(er) kids out there. Anyone know if this is a possiblity from an eligibility standpoint? Or has anyone had experience with players that aren't on the team per se practicing with the team at any of the colligiate levels? Clearly this would not be the deciding factor for where I chose to persue my MA, but it wouldbe nice.

Maybe it's just a pipe dream, but it never hurts to ask.

-Micah
Posted:

Comments

• bk4bk4 Members  868WRX Points: 0Posts: 868
    Once you start college, you only have 5 years to use your 4 years of eligibility except in special circumstances (serious injury, military sevice, Mormon mission). That being said, unless it's your first year of grad school and it's directly after your fourth year of college, I believe you are out of luck. If it's not a D1 program, than I am not sure.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.