2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Dizz aka J.W. WITB for 2018 (Added new WITB pics on 6/16/2018!!)

Dizz

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, messing around with a new set of irons. C-Taper X at 130 grams is just too much club for me but they do feel so sweet when I hit them in the center. BUT I really feel like I have to swing out of my norm to use them. Its amazing how much difference these are to the S+ for my swing. Sure I could play these 130X's but they don't feel good to me. And I got a hell of a deal on a new set of irons.... $299 for a set of S55's with C-Taper Lite Stiff flex... 5-PW with New Decade Whiteout grips.

So now I am messing around with another set of PING S55's.... why? I don't know... but I've gone back and forth between the two now WAY too many times to count.

So here we go:

PING G20 (8.5)- 169 Tour, X-Flex, 45.25", 703 White
PING Anser (17)- 800H, X-Flex, 40.75", 703 White
PING S55 (5-PW)- KBS C-Taper Lite, S-Flex, New Decade Whiteout
TaylorMade TP EF (47)- S400 Tour Issue, Tour Velvet 58R
Titleist TVD-K Raw (56 bent to 55)- S400 Tour Issue, Tour Velvet 58R
Scotty Cameron T10 Select Welded Neck Newport, 35.25", Navy No Cord

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]

[quote name='bjno1300' timestamp='1442977803' post='12353998']
Good to see you back Dizz. Question , what were your thoughts of having the ap2 gw versus a non matching gap wedge. I have a vokey 50 in the bag now going with the ap2 but this past weekend on course I really started thinking about the gw to match because of how great the pw is (as well as the rest of the irons). Thanks man.
[/quote]

I think its an awesome club for the everyday golfer because its just as forgiving as the PW in the set and it flies just the same but a club shorter. Pretty simple right? It just depends on what you want your next club to be and if it its the gapping. I talked about gapping above not being hugely important over 200 yards for the normal golfer. Well, under 100 yards you need to be confident in every yardage if you want to improve. I like every yardage inside 100 yards now but I remember times where I laid up on par 5's and I hated the weird distances I had in-- you know the random 46 yard pitch shot that needs to be executed with quite a bit more skill than the average 95 yard smooth sand wedge which is basically a full swing. It wasn't until I practiced and hit thousands of balls from all those yardages inside 100 yards that I became confident laying up to any distance and actually looking forward to hitting the shot.

Anyway back to your AP2 gap wedge question-- I will tell you my story. I got fit by Titleist at Titleist so I got the whole sha-bang and when we got down to wedges I tinkered with all kinds of setups. I was swinging well that day so the fitting was very easy-- the AP2 PW flew 137 yards. My go-to club which was fit by the worlds best is a 55 degree sand wedge which flies ~104 on a natural full swing... I never hit wedges hard so you could consider it 3/4 but its "full" for a wedge for me. Its really my 100 yard club but more importantly its my go-to club for all kinds of pitches and chips and its NOT leaving my bag for any reason. So that means I need to find a wedge to fit that 33 yard gap. So that means I'm looking for 120 yard club... I don't need it to be that versatile because I don't hit many finesse shots with the gap wedge. Started with 50 and 52 degree Vokey wedges-- the 52 only flew 110 at best. The 50 got me 115 or so... then I tried the AP2 GW which flew too far.... 128 carry. Finally I tried a 48 degree Vokey and tinkered back and forth with it and the 50 degree Vokey. I bent to 49 degrees and it got me very close to 120 with the correct bounce. I ended up getting a 50 bent to 49 and later on ordered the 48 and left it at 48 and absolutely loved it. So technically I had wedges that were 47 and 48 degrees but they were 15 yards apart distance wise. The 50-51 degree AP2 GW flew further than the 48 degree Vokey. You don't see the AP2 GW in the bags on the tour because unlike us-- that 200+ yard shot makes a difference and they need those gapped out much more precisely than we do. They need to be able to gap it out better with less wedges so you see a set like 4-9 then a 48 or 50 degree Vokey or speciality wedge. Also realize that those guys do not miss the middle of the face very often, especially with the short clubs so they can make a 48 Vokey fly further. That AP2 GW is so much more forgiving and I used to urge almost every player to get the GW as part of the set.

At the end of the day I tinkered with the AP2 GW but ultimately I liked being able to flight the Vokey wedges a little easier. From that distance, the low driving wedge shot is the easiest to get close... IMO. I absolutely think its worth a try depending on your other wedges. What else are you carrying?

716MB (5-PW)- DG S400

[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1442978086' post='12354042']
Ping and titleist, meet the new dizz, same as the old dizz!
[/quote]

Yo J, I just realized you are the ultimate WRX'er....

Nearly 15,000 posts and 9,000 "likes" but only 1 feedback from the classifieds.

Honestly, that's very impressive.

But as far as me with Titleist and PING-- I don't know why I'm drawn to them but I genuinely enjoy their products. Lately I've really liked some of TaylorMade's releases.... like the new wedges. I really like the TP EF wedge that's in my bag and it seems like a ton of their staff guys have switched to those and had success. I think I'm gonna purchase the M1 driver when it comes out as well.

What's in your bag these days? I see Pure got a like but he didn't leave a post letting me now how terrible I am.

716MB (5-PW)- DG S400

Playing a 9 hole league tonight that is VERY narrow off the tee. The side that we are playing cuts through a housing development where a couple Cleveland Browns players live-- so nice, big houses and I'm sure you can picture the course... VERY narrow and from the white tees which we play in league its a position course where you never need to hit it past about 260 and anything past 280 from the tee on 6/7 non-par 3 holes is dead. The only way you can hit it past 280 on any hole is if you take insanely aggressive lines and cut corners where you need to take it out over OB and bring it back and there's a par 4 where you need to fly it 285 to carry the water otherwise you lay it back to 230 from the tee

So I'm doing my 2013 Open Championship Phil Mickelson bag setup for tonight...

Callaway X-Hot Pro 3Deep with Fujikura 6W06 and a PING Anser 17 degree hybrid which were Phil's only 2 "metals" that week. I mean the guy won The Open (The British Open) with a 3 wood and 17 degree hybrid and it was NOT the Phrankenwood either... it was the normal 3Deep head, 13 degrees bent to 12.5 I believe with a Alpha 70K @ 43.25"...

Pretty cool setup in my opinion.... reminds me of when Tiger won the same way. The guy basically won The Open with 12 clubs because he never hit driver or 3 wood. He had a Nike Original Forged Blade 2 iron bent to 16-17 degrees and ran over the field.

[attachment=2966212:092315.0.JPG][attachment=2966214:092315.00.JPG][attachment=2966216:092315.1.JPG][attachment=2966218:092315.2.JPG][attachment=2966222:092315.3.JPG]

716MB (5-PW)- DG S400

Love it, Dizz. It's always fun to mess around with the bag make up isn't it? You also need a 64* though. :)

Btw, to your point about the 200+ to driver gap and course management being discussed earlier, I totally agree. I have a 13* 3W for tee shots when I don't want to hit driver, and then an 18* UDI for everything else because I can hit the UDI straight enough to keep me out of trouble. If I can get home, that's a bonus, if not, I won't be horrendously off. And you remember how I cycled through those 200-230 clubs like crazy before. Played most of this season with the UDI and I think my par 5 scoring is actually better. I do still have all my so-called "perfect" 19* hybrids and 5Ws sitting in the house though, all with nice shafts too. Those get a run once in a while when I'm playing a wide open course where I can go for par 5s, or a scramble, but that's not very often.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

Good stuff man, you make me doubt my whole set up haha. I have driver, 3 wood, plus a driving iron, and then 3-pw. Your style makes me think I'm too crammed at the top. May do some on course testing like yourself and see how those 17 degree hybrids play in lieu of a 3 wood and driving iron

TSR3 8 - Ventus Black 6x
TaylorMade Stealth + 15 - Ventus TR 8x
Titleist T150 3 - Modus 3 120x
Titleist T100 4-PW - Modus 3 120x
SM9 50, 56, 60 - Modus 3 120x
LAB

[quote name='Dizz' timestamp='1442983810' post='12354330']So technically I had wedges that were 47 and 48 degrees but they were 15 yards apart distance wise.
[/quote]

Agree with this too; it's not about loft at all. I go 47-50-56-60, irregular loft gaps, but it works for the actual carry distance spacing I need. My 47* PW goes around 135, my 50* 200 series goes 120, and my 56 is 100. The 60 maxes out at around 75 without trying to hit it too hard. Therefore, gaps are about even and as long as I know, I can make the necessary adjustments to fine tune when needed.

Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='Dizz' timestamp='1442983810' post='12354330']
[quote name='bjno1300' timestamp='1442977803' post='12353998']
Good to see you back Dizz. Question , what were your thoughts of having the ap2 gw versus a non matching gap wedge. I have a vokey 50 in the bag now going with the ap2 but this past weekend on course I really started thinking about the gw to match because of how great the pw is (as well as the rest of the irons). Thanks man.
[/quote]

I think its an awesome club for the everyday golfer because its just as forgiving as the PW in the set and it flies just the same but a club shorter. Pretty simple right? It just depends on what you want your next club to be and if it its the gapping. I talked about gapping above not being hugely important over 200 yards for the normal golfer. Well, under 100 yards you need to be confident in every yardage if you want to improve. I like every yardage inside 100 yards now but I remember times where I laid up on par 5's and I hated the weird distances I had in-- you know the random 46 yard pitch shot that needs to be executed with quite a bit more skill than the average 95 yard smooth sand wedge which is basically a full swing. It wasn't until I practiced and hit thousands of balls from all those yardages inside 100 yards that I became confident laying up to any distance and actually looking forward to hitting the shot.

Anyway back to your AP2 gap wedge question-- I will tell you my story. I got fit by Titleist at Titleist so I got the whole sha-bang and when we got down to wedges I tinkered with all kinds of setups. I was swinging well that day so the fitting was very easy-- the AP2 PW flew 137 yards. My go-to club which was fit by the worlds best is a 55 degree sand wedge which flies ~104 on a natural full swing... I never hit wedges hard so you could consider it 3/4 but its "full" for a wedge for me. Its really my 100 yard club but more importantly its my go-to club for all kinds of pitches and chips and its NOT leaving my bag for any reason. So that means I need to find a wedge to fit that 33 yard gap. So that means I'm looking for 120 yard club... I don't need it to be that versatile because I don't hit many finesse shots with the gap wedge. Started with 50 and 52 degree Vokey wedges-- the 52 only flew 110 at best. The 50 got me 115 or so... then I tried the AP2 GW which flew too far.... 128 carry. Finally I tried a 48 degree Vokey and tinkered back and forth with it and the 50 degree Vokey. I bent to 49 degrees and it got me very close to 120 with the correct bounce. I ended up getting a 50 bent to 49 and later on ordered the 48 and left it at 48 and absolutely loved it. So technically I had wedges that were 47 and 48 degrees but they were 15 yards apart distance wise. The 50-51 degree AP2 GW flew further than the 48 degree Vokey. You don't see the AP2 GW in the bags on the tour because unlike us-- that 200+ yard shot makes a difference and they need those gapped out much more precisely than we do. They need to be able to gap it out better with less wedges so you see a set like 4-9 then a 48 or 50 degree Vokey or speciality wedge. Also realize that those guys do not miss the middle of the face very often, especially with the short clubs so they can make a 48 Vokey fly further. That AP2 GW is so much more forgiving and I used to urge almost every player to get the GW as part of the set.

At the end of the day I tinkered with the AP2 GW but ultimately I liked being able to flight the Vokey wedges a little easier. From that distance, the low driving wedge shot is the easiest to get close... IMO. I absolutely think its worth a try depending on your other wedges. What else are you carrying?
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. Right now I've got the ap2 pw then 50 vokey f grind then pm grind 56 and 60. I just love how easy the ap2 pw is to hit at the flag. I haven't really been in love with my 50 since I got it.

[quote name='Dizz' timestamp='1442610193' post='12332434']
[quote name='redhead' timestamp='1442594661' post='12331330']
Interesting setup! How do you fill the gap between driver-hybrid-4i?
[/quote]

There is no gap between driver and hybrid-- actually the hybrid goes almost as far as the driver some days. I don't know how but this Anser 17 hybrid goes 260+ yards when I strike it well and as I said in my first post it feels like I haven't miss-hit it in the last 20 times I've hit it. And even if there was-- who truly expects to fill a "gap" at 250-270 yards? Same thing between my Anser 17 and my 4 iron... there's definitely a gap there but how important is it really? I hit my 4 iron about 210 or so and when I am swinging well and confident I can draw the 4 iron and hit it hard and make it go 220 or so in the air. These days I don't swing well very often though... LOL.

But think about it-- I don't know about you but I'm truly not precise enough to worry about "gaps" from 215+ yards away from the pin. I used to be a golf professional and have been as low as a +4.4 handicap and I am still not precise enough from that distance for it to truly make enough of a difference to absolutely need a cub between those two. From 220+ yards from the pin I am just trying to make solid contact and have it start in the general direction of the green... anything on the green or fringe and I'm pretty happy with it. Honestly even anything within 10-15 feet of the fringe and I don't necessarily want the shot back. So is there a gap there? Sure but stock shots with them both are 210 (4i) and 250 (17H) so its really not a distance that I consider hugely important to scoring nor do I expect there to be a club out there where I will be knocking down the flagstick from 230 yards. I'm pretty off being confident with a club and hitting is straight at my target leaving myself an easy chip or pitch that I have good chance of getting holed in two shots. There is nothing worse for scoring than going for the green from these hard to reach distances and leaving yourself in a much worse position by miss-hitting a club/shot you're not comfortable hitting. Hitting a low lofted hybrid, long iron or fairway wood from a tight lie or a lie in the rough is a very difficult shot for skilled golfers and even more-so for average to below average players.

Here is an example of what I am talking about-- I am not a great 3 wood player from the ground all the time. Sometimes when I am swinging really well I can hit that shot but not often-- I am much more comfortable hitting a shorter length hybrid instead--43" 3 Wood versus 40.75" for my 17 degree hybrid. On absolute perfect contact I hit a strong lofted 3 Wood slightly further than my Anser hybrid... this hybrid is special for my game though because most hybrids would be 25-30 yards short and not 5-10. Anyway I dropped 6 balls from 260 yards on the 18th hole of my home course which is a long uphill par 5. It was 260 to the hole and the pin was in the front middle so probably 257 to the front edge. I hit three balls with my 3 wood, one I hit well which finished 20 feet behind the pin and the other two I hit below average to poorly which finished 30 yards right of the green and nearly impossible get down in 2 (almost impossible to even keep on the green with the next shot) and the other I hit in the tall grass short right of the bunker which again left me a shot that was impossible to judge... a good shot would be getting it on the green. Sure a very skilled golfer could recover in these spots but an average to below average golfer would make more 7's from these spots than 5's... and they'd have a better chance of making 8 than 4. The next 3 balls I hit with my 17 degree hybrid which I am VERY confident in (can you tell? LOL) and I hit two of them pretty much as flush I can hit it and the other one I hit a hair thin but it didn't fly too much differently than the first two only rose a little bit because it was spinning more. The best one finished 2 feet onto the green and I had 8 feet or so for eagle, the next best one finished about 3 feet short of that one and left me a 10-12 footer from the fringe. The one I hit marginally thin finished 6-8 yards short right of the other 2 balls and left a straight forward chip from a perfect fairway lie. I think the more balls you hit with each club the more that club you are comfortable with and confident in would separate itself from the one that you aren't so confident in. In this case for me, the extra max of 10 yards that I [i]might[/i] get from that 3 wood doesn't seem worth it with the consistency of my hybrid. Oh yea, for those still reading and those that actually care-- I made three stress free birdies with the 3 balls with the Anser hybrid and I had two really easy uphill putts at eagle. The other 3 balls I made an easy 2 putt birdie and two pars... but the average golfer put it those same spots makes much higher scores with those 2 shots in the rough and the rough in trouble behind trees.

Does anyone here expect to knock down the pin from 220? 230? 240? 250?

I really enjoy this conversation about course management and how it relates to the clubs in your bag-- both the number of clubs and how you set it up from # of wedges versus the # of fairway woods, hybrids, utility irons, long irons, etc.

Thoughts everyone?
[/quote]

Cheers for the reply.

I recently did the same thing. Ditch my 3w and 20*h and replace them with a 16.5* 4w. I simplify the top end of my bag into: D, 4w, 4-p, 54, 60, putter. Iron play is my strength and I think it would be better to leave my 3w since I sometimes can't hit it very well. Next, I'm planning to replace my 54 and 60 with a 56 only.

However, I just also bought an 2-PW old Mizuno blades for fun. I was tempted to build a backup bag with the following specs: Mini driver or 2-wood, 2-pw, 56, putter.

Fingers crossed.

Those pings did not last long. Just accept the AP2s is the irons for you. :)

917 D3 8.5 Xphlexx Agera Orange RF Proto
SLDR Mini 12 Evo Speeder TS 757x
SLDR Mini 15.8 Rogue Black 110 80TX
Srixon 765 4-6 PX LZ 6.0
Srixon 965 7-PW PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 50 PX LZ 6.0
Vokey TVD 54V & 58V
Bettinardi Studio Stock 14 or Odyssey O-works 7

Oh, I'm just as bad as Dizz! I waffle back and forth between S55's and AP2's, with some other random experiments thrown in there.

I'm going to test the 716 CB and AP2 and one of those will be my next set.

Kudos for the spartan bag too. I have a Jones bag that is just awesome for those after work 9's. It actually feels liberating NOT to have all the clubs in the bag. I've played with 6 clubs and shot my normal score. Something about golf with 6-10 clubs is just *right*! :)

[quote name='oldhamer25' timestamp='1443150003' post='12364714']
Those pings did not last long. Just accept the AP2s is the irons for you. :)
[/quote]

I really like the S55 honestly but I've been playing a version of the AP2 with Dynamic Gold since the originals in 2008. I custom ordered them with X100 because I did not want PX in them for whatever reason. But I've played every version of the AP2 about 20 times over and they are the best overall iron set in my opinion. You were right in my last WITB.... just leave the AP2 man you know you'll be back. Tell you what, the only set that I think ever had a chance to permanently do it were the Anser irons I had with PXi... my rep got them for me for free and I think that shaft was the only one that was an up-charge in those CRAZY expensive heads. I don't know what it was about that set but I hit each club a full 15-20 yards longer and they're similar lofts. I have so many stories of hitting those Anser irons straight up in the air from crazy distances and they'd still get there. If you wanna hear them I will type them all out-- ALL of them came in money games of some sort.

716MB (5-PW)- DG S400

[quote name='tyro' timestamp='1443150792' post='12364774']
Oh, I'm just as bad as Dizz! I waffle back and forth between S55's and AP2's, with some other random experiments thrown in there.

I'm going to test the 716 CB and AP2 and one of those will be my next set.

Kudos for the spartan bag too. I have a Jones bag that is just awesome for those after work 9's. It actually feels liberating NOT to have all the clubs in the bag. I've played with 6 clubs and shot my normal score. Something about golf with 6-10 clubs is just *right*! :)
[/quote]

I actually like the 716 CB better than the 716 AP2... I actually like the 714's better in the AP2. Not the CB though, they are awesome. I think I am gonna order a set 716 T-MB (4-5) 716 CB (6-PW) with S400 Tour Issue and call it a day.

716MB (5-PW)- DG S400

[quote name='bjno1300' timestamp='1443039539' post='12357950']
Thanks for the reply. Right now I've got the ap2 pw then 50 vokey f grind then pm grind 56 and 60. I just love how easy the ap2 pw is to hit at the flag. I haven't really been in love with my 50 since I got it.
[/quote]

I didn't want to quote that whole thing again but anyway I think you should go ahead and get yourself the AP2 (W) which is what is on the bottom of their "gap" wedge-- it sounds like the club you need for your set. You can always tinker with it if you feel it flies to far... just bend it a little weak. No harm in that but definitely hit it first and see if it makes more sense than your Vokey 50 and for some players it does.

I re-read your first post/question and then the follow up and I think the AP2 (W) or gap wedge is the correct club for you.

Would love to hear how you do with it if you do get it... stay in touch.

716MB (5-PW)- DG S400

[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1443037784' post='12357764']
Love it, Dizz. It's always fun to mess around with the bag make up isn't it? You also need a 64* though. :)

Btw, to your point about the 200+ to driver gap and course management being discussed earlier, I totally agree. I have a 13* 3W for tee shots when I don't want to hit driver, and then an 18* UDI for everything else because I can hit the UDI straight enough to keep me out of trouble. If I can get home, that's a bonus, if not, I won't be horrendously off. And you remember how I cycled through those 200-230 clubs like crazy before. Played most of this season with the UDI and I think my par 5 scoring is actually better. I do still have all my so-called "perfect" 19* hybrids and 5Ws sitting in the house though, all with nice shafts too. Those get a run once in a while when I'm playing a wide open course where I can go for par 5s, or a scramble, but that's not very often.
[/quote]

Yes thats exactly how I feel and very similar to my post which is exactly what you said. We're both just realistic about things... I made it all the way to +4.5 and now since my back is in hell and I haven't played much I'm probably a 1 or 2 handicap. I've subbed in this 9 hole league 4 times now and I'm a +2... LOL.... with 10 clubs.... how??? If I ever sub again I am going to get destroyed...LOL.

You basically have 3 clubs that you use predominantly off the tee. For you it sounds like being confident and comfortable from the tee is far more important than firing at green in 2 from 230+... and I love it. You look at the average distance to the hole for PGA Tour pros from 225+ and why do we think we have any better than 1/10 to hit it on the green. Obviously save any truly world class players here... but they still struggle with it too.

716MB (5-PW)- DG S400

[quote name='Dizz' timestamp='1443212300' post='12367552']
[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1443037784' post='12357764']

[/quote]

Yes thats exactly how I feel and very similar to my post which is exactly what you said. We're both just realistic about things... I made it all the way to +4.5 and now since my back is in hell and I haven't played much I'm probably a 1 or 2 handicap. I've subbed in this 9 hole league 4 times now and I'm a +2... LOL.... with 10 clubs.... how??? If I ever sub again I am going to get destroyed...LOL.

You basically have 3 clubs that you use predominantly off the tee. For you it sounds like being confident and comfortable from the tee is far more important than firing at green in 2 from 230+... and I love it. You look at the average distance to the hole for PGA Tour pros from 225+ and why do we think we have any better than 1/10 to hit it on the green. Obviously save any truly world class players here... but they still struggle with it too.
[/quote]

Yup, from 200+ out it really is hit and pray for me. The UDI and 4-iron cover enough of that range so I can carry the extra wedge for the yardage where I do have a slightly better chance of getting on the green. Heck I probably don't even need the 4-iron...

Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='Dizz' timestamp='1443473061' post='12380060']
Back to my basic set for right now...

G20 8.5
Anser 17
714 AP2 (5-9)
TP EF (47 & 57)
GoLo
[/quote]

I could use this set up easily

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

Pretty much one of the only witb I read, looking forward to your posts...

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

Dizz,
"Inspired by" discussion about 660tr and minimalist set make up, put the 200 tour 13* with same in bag for a quick nine, enjoyed a nice dinner as a result of the proceedings :)
Rest of the bag:
22* original Idea Pro w/ GAT 115
6-sw 962 w/ s400
IBBF 34"

Hope you are enjoying time on course and away from golf business , take care!
Aloha,
Mitch

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

[quote name='Dizz' timestamp='1443211681' post='12367504']I actually like the 716 CB better than the 716 AP2... I actually like the 714's better in the AP2. Not the CB though, they are awesome. I think I am gonna order a set 716 T-MB (4-5) 716 CB (6-PW) with S400 Tour Issue and call it a day.[/quote]

That sounds like a solid set!

[quote name='tyro' timestamp='1443718646' post='12395970'][quote name='Dizz' timestamp='1443211681' post='12367504']I actually like the 716 CB better than the 716 AP2... I actually like the 714's better in the AP2. Not the CB though, they are awesome. I think I am gonna order a set 716 T-MB (4-5) 716 CB (6-PW) with S400 Tour Issue and call it a day.[/quote]

That sounds like a solid set![/quote]

All of a sudden there are so many iron options to consider from titleist...it's going to be a hard decision for many as I could pull the trigger on a full set of any one of the four depending on my mood...mb, cb, ap2, t-mb....I'm going to have to get them all so I don't second and third guess myself! It's impressive you have narrowed it down already!

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

A really cool friend on here sent me a 913D2 back (you know who you are "M" thanks again!!!)

What's really wild is I hit this Anser hybrid SO FAR... with the Speeder shaft in it doesn't spin AT ALL....

10.5 launch and 2800 spin-- hybrid flies like a driver and over 150 ball speed.

Maybe I should never carry anything except a 17 degree Anser hybrid....

tyro-- what's happening man?

716MB (5-PW)- DG S400