Headed To Hilton Head, Anyone want to play?

Title says it all I have tee times. Playing Monday September 14 at Harbor town Ocean course and Arthur Hills at Palmetto on Wednesday the 16th. I'm looking to see if anyone wants to join. Also looking for a third course to play.

Comments

• T-MACT-MAC Members Posts: 1,959 ✭✭
    I'd love to play but already have work scheduled for that Mon and Wed.

Are you still going to be around Sat the 19th?
  • motoo344motoo344 Members Posts: 173
    I wish, we have saved enough for a weeks stay but are going to use it next year. As for courses, the Ocean course at Palmetto Dunes is nice and if you don't mind driving off island a few miles Hilton Head National is nice...well it was when I was there two years ago.
  • Pens #1 fanPens #1 fan Members Posts: 75
    T Mac I will not be around we are staying Saturday-Saturday
  • UNClawgolferUNClawgolfer Members Posts: 100 ✭✭
    Jones course at Palmetto Dunes is an excellent track
  • ImpImp Fueled Members Posts: 5,984 ✭✭
    Instead of making a new thread, I'll just use this one...

I'll be in town from the 9th through 17th if anyone wants to join up. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

--kC
    Callaway Rogue 10.5 / Callaway Rogue 3W / Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged Irons / Callaway MD4 52*, 58*, 64*
    May have two new courses to try. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

http://www.islandpacket.com/sports/golf/article37017627.html

Bear Creek and Dolphin head sold, and now semi-private (open to public).

--kC
    Callaway Rogue 10.5 / Callaway Rogue 3W / Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged Irons / Callaway MD4 52*, 58*, 64*
    edited Oct 3, 2015 #8
    Yeah, this has been in the works for a log time. Sad to see because both courses are pretty sweet and usually in good condition.

Be interesting to see how well they are kept now that they are public. I don't know the group from Dallas that purchased Dolphin Head but I know Brown and he's a little tight with a buck. He has an interesting concept though. He buys up a bunch of courses in the same general area so he can share equipment between them, as well as have fewer employees (like Superintendents for example). Instead of having to pay for a Super at each course, he pays 1 for all of them. Get's him out of paying a lot of the high(er) salaried positions.

It will be interesting to watch how both of these nice courses move forward in the next few years.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    So what you're saying is... "Play them now"? *twist* OK!

--kC
    Imp wrote:

So what you're saying is... "Play them now"? *twist* OK!

--kC

Definitely play them NOW.

Never know what the future will hold. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

When you get in town shoot me a PM here. I'll see what my schedule looks like.
  • FLGOLFJUNKIEFLGOLFJUNKIE My Drives Go Longer Than Yours Members Posts: 1,818 ✭✭
    T-MAC, any way to get a good deal on any local good courses? I'mlooking to play on Monday. LMK.

T-MAC, any way to get a good deal on any local good courses? I'mlooking to play on Monday. LMK.

Are you a local or here on vacation?

If you're here on vacation I'd look in the local paper (Island Packet). Sometimes they have coupons. Can always try GolfNow too.
  • FLGOLFJUNKIEFLGOLFJUNKIE My Drives Go Longer Than Yours Members Posts: 1,818 ✭✭
    My parents live in Hampton Hall. I might go play Bear Creek.

My parents live in Hampton Hall. I might go play Bear Creek.

Have your dad make the tee time. Local discount. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Actually, with Bear Creeks new "public" rates, it isn't that expensive. I think they are doing a package deal for $44.00. You get 18 holes, cart, breakfast / lunch, and a beer or softdrink.
    Booked PD-RTJ (Mon 12th) and HHN (Tue 13th) already since it appears they fill up quick for the morning tee times. Bear Creek allows booking only 5 days out, so that will be near the end of the week. May try to get over to Legends on Parris Island in the mean time.

--kC
    I played Pinecrest. It was WET, however, I'd like to play it when it's dry. Very nice course!!!
    Yeah, there are some holes near the front (4? 5?) that can get rather soggy.
    edited Oct 8, 2015 #18
    Pinecrest is part of the Brown Golf Management. Mr. Brown actually lives in Pinecrest so he seems to spend extra attention on it. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

The other courses he owns in our area are: Island West, Rose Hill, Crescent, Eagles Point, and he's the guy that just bought Dolphin Head.

Pinecrest was designed by a guy named Rocky Rockmore. I guess his claim to fame was helping in the redesign of Cog Hill.

It's a good layout and fun to play.