Miura CB57 Review

Seems to me that Miuras always have a sweet spot to the heel side of center. Even the 9003. They feel very pure on great strikes, might be you're just not jiving with them yet from an impact point on the face

ONOFF Labospec 358 — Tour AD TP6
Titleist TS2 16.5* — Kuro Kage XM 80
Justick Proceed 21* UT — Nippon GOST 
Mizuno MP-20 HMB/MB— MITSUBISHI MMT 105/125
Mizuno T20 50* and 55* — MITSUBISHI MMT 125
Seven ST 61* Black Boron — MCI Black 125 “mild”
Epon Ltd Edition I-33 — Matrix PZ-125 Shaft 

Thought I would give my 2 cents on the CB 57, since I just had a set made and played them for the first time yesterday. Played 36 holes so, plenty of holes to get myself use to.

I had the set built with the modus 105 and standard everything. The shaft was awesome. Dispersion was tight and felt very smooth. It did feel lighter than the Nippon 1050, I play in my other set though. Mid flight and no ballooning. For me, I got much better numbers with these than the tour 120. I had too much spin with the 120.

For the irons, they are definitely more forgiving than the 501s and if you came from set of blades, which is my other set. Honestly, if you came from anything that is already somewhat cavity back, the 57s aren't going to be more forgiving. The feeling of hitting the centre of the club is pure joy because of that weight bar. It also acts as a great teaching aid since there is a very discernible difference when you catch one low or high, toe or heel. The feeing isn't the same. As for the look, the top line is a little thicker than my mp4s. I don't particularly find thicker clubs to be a confidence builder, I actually like looking down at a nice blade, so these will take a while to get use to. I found the the 501s, to be more aesthetically pleasing at address than the 57

All in all, a great club and a great upgrade depending on the set you are coming from. I'm still on the fence with them. The season is going the over soon here so I'm going to keep hacking away with them and will decide if they stay or go before next season.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='slickca21' timestamp='1443450296' post='12377842']Thought I would give my 2 cents on the CB 57, since I just had a set made and played them for the first time yesterday. Played 36 holes so, plenty of holes to get myself use to.

I had the set built with the modus 105 and standard everything. The shaft was awesome. Dispersion was tight and felt very smooth. It did feel lighter than the Nippon 1050, I play in my other set though. Mid flight and no ballooning. For me, I got much better numbers with these than the tour 120. I had too much spin with the 120.

For the irons, they are definitely more forgiving than the 501s and if you came from set of blades, which is my other set. Honestly, if you came from anything that is already somewhat cavity back, the 57s aren't going to be more forgiving. The feeling of hitting the centre of the club is pure joy because of that weight bar. It also acts as a great teaching aid since there is a very discernible difference when you catch one low or high, toe or heel. The feeing isn't the same. As for the look, the top line is a little thicker than my mp4s. I don't particularly find thicker clubs to be a confidence builder, I actually like looking down at a nice blade, so these will take a while to get use to. I found the the 501s, to be more aesthetically pleasing at address than the 57

All in all, a great club and a great upgrade depending on the set you are coming from. I'm still on the fence with them. The season is going the over soon here so I'm going to keep hacking away with them and will decide if they stay or go before next season.[/quote]

Nice write up. I've been playing J40CBs and just got a set of 501CBs off a member here. The top line is noticeably thinner on the 501s and a little shorter blade length. In comparison to the 57s are the 57s really more forgiving since they're even a little shorter in blade length than the 501s? Also, in reading other reviews I heard the top lines and soles of the 57s were about the same as the 501s, but the leading edge of the 57s were a little different. Is that accurate? Is there more offset to the 57s than the 501s?

[quote name='gambit' timestamp='1444507035' post='12438636']
[quote name='slickca21' timestamp='1443450296' post='12377842']Thought I would give my 2 cents on the CB 57, since I just had a set made and played them for the first time yesterday. Played 36 holes so, plenty of holes to get myself use to.

All in all, a great club and a great upgrade depending on the set you are coming from. I'm still on the fence with them. The season is going the over soon here so I'm going to keep hacking away with them and will decide if they stay or go before next season.[/quote]

Nice write up. I've been playing J40CBs and just got a set of 501CBs off a member here. The top line is noticeably thinner on the 501s and a little shorter blade length. In comparison to the 57s are the 57s really more forgiving since they're even a little shorter in blade length than the 501s? Also, in reading other reviews I heard the top lines and soles of the 57s were about the same as the 501s, but the leading edge of the 57s were a little different. Is that accurate? Is there more offset to the 57s than the 501s?
[/quote]57's are superior to the 501 in every way IMO. I played the 501's for over 2 years before going to the CB 57's.

The 57's have a more appealing shape, sole grind, and thicker top line. They fit perfectly between the 501 and pp9003 SN.

@therealping

[quote name='gambit' timestamp='1444507035' post='12438636'][quote name='slickca21' timestamp='1443450296' post='12377842']Thought I would give my 2 cents on the CB 57, since I just had a set made and played them for the first time yesterday. Played 36 holes so, plenty of holes to get myself use to.

Nice write up. I've been playing J40CBs and just got a set of 501CBs off a member here. The top line is noticeably thinner on the 501s and a little shorter blade length. In comparison to the 57s are the 57s really more forgiving since they're even a little shorter in blade length than the 501s? Also, in reading other reviews I heard the top lines and soles of the 57s were about the same as the 501s, but the leading edge of the 57s were a little different. Is that accurate? Is there more offset to the 57s than the 501s?[/quote]

The 501s have a very sharp leading edge and depending on your swing could dig on on you. The 57 is a shorter blade length but the top line is thicker than the 501s. There is a great review somewhere that compares the 2 and with the mb001 on this forum somewhere.

I find the 57 more forgiving than the 501 especially in toe hits.

The 57 has a different sole grind than the 501 which makes turf interaction supposedly better. This is very noticeable when you compare them both. Tomorrow will be my third round with them and today's range session with them was my best as I got more use to them and the shafts.

As for offset, I can't tell if there is more. According to specs it does have more offset, but you can't tell with the naked eye. I believe the 57s also have less bounce than the 501s

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='Raidersgolf99' timestamp='1451766203' post='12792868']
[quote name='MJisGOAT' timestamp='1444536713' post='12440360']
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=2398667

[attachment=2987660:image.jpeg]
[/quote]

That's wicked low bounce. Wow.
[/quote]

With the grind, they don't play like low bounce. With the 501's and TB's they had a tendency to get stuck (steep) in soft conditions. The mb001 and CB 57 have less bounce than the TB's and 501's but the grind makes all the difference.

@therealping

[quote name='gambit' timestamp='1444533479' post='12440178']
How easy are the short irons for the mb001s to hit? Never played an mb but a combo set sounds pretty sweet.
[/quote]

I have been playing a combo set of MB's and CB 57's for over a year... MB - PW,9,8...CB 57 - 7,6,5,4 then a new NEO 3 hybrid (An HB 3 before that)...very easy to hit the MB's if you like blades and are a steady ball striker. I also have the CB 57 PW,9,8 which I put in the bag during the winter for mud golf conditions. I hit them about the same for distance but feel the CB's are easier to hit in the wet sloppy conditions of the PNW....I prefer chipping and pitching with the MB's. To each his own for sure but the combo set is truly sweet and you get a lot of looks at the course. I spent 4 days at Bandon Dunes in October and spent as much time showing the clubs to the staff and other players as I did playing golf ;) ... Okay, maybe not quite, but really did get a lot of attention with the combo set-up. Love them....going to be in the bag for some time to come. :)

BTW....last round of the year was at home and was 69....my age.......... Happy New Year to all. :rockon:

Yonex Tri-G 10* driver
Yonex Ezone GT 15*  3  wood
Yonex Ezone GT 18*  5 wood
Yonex Ezone GT irons 4-AW
Miura Tour Black 54* SW
Miura Tour Black 60* LW
Miura KM007 Putter

I'm I dreaming to think I can go to 57's from Mizuno MP-54's ?

I'm currently trying to arrange to travel 1000 miles to a fitter later on in the year with getting a set of 57's as the goal.

Any feed back would be great or suggestions of a more realistic progression from my Mizuno MP-54's

Titleist TSI4
Sim2 Ti
2-4 Mizuno MP20 HMB
5-7 Mizuno MP20 MMC
8-PW Mizuno MP20
Cleveland RTX Zipcore Full Face 52 & 58
Bettinardi BB1

With the grind, they don't play like low bounce. With the 501's and TB's they had a tendency to get stuck (steep) in soft conditions. The mb001 and CB 57 have less bounce than the TB's and 501's but the grind makes all the difference.

How do my Baby Blades fit into that equation, if you don't mind sharing your thoughts?

How do my Baby Blades fit into that equation, if you don't mind sharing your thoughts?

I personally don't think thats a match that works. The BB's are a completely different set of irons. Both the MB001's and CB 57's have the same leading edge grind, and the irons flow almost seamless on into the scoring irons. I can't recall the turf interaction on the BB's because they were just too less of an iron to look down at for me (0 confidence) and I didn't really give them the time of day that they may deserve or shall I say demand.

@therealping

I personally don't think thats a match that works. The BB's are a completely different set of irons. Both the MB001's and CB 57's have the same leading edge grind, and the irons flow almost seamless on into the scoring irons. I can't recall the turf interaction on the BB's because they were just too less of an iron to look down at for me (0 confidence) and I didn't really give them the time of day that they may deserve or shall I say demand.

Man, I love them :-)

Would your feelings remain the same if I told you I was only planning on using a CB57 5 iron and playing 6-P Baby Blade?

Essentially would that eliminate your concerns of transition into scoring clubs?

Thanks!

That's up to you, but typically the grind comes in handy on the short irons (when your angle of attack tends to be a bit steeper). Nothing is concrete in golf.

If the cb57's didn't have the grind, I wouldn't praise them. I was going to go cb1007's with the y grind till I heard talk about the cb57's. I waited most of 2014 in anticipation for the 57's snd they finally delivered.

They're as playable as ping s55's with looks and feel to follow. They have mid/low bounce that is perfect for those dry conditions and yet the grind helps in the soft conditions.

Not too many things are perfect (if any) but the cb57's are about as perfect as it's gonna get for the discerning and applicable golfer.

@therealping

I'm I dreaming to think I can go to 57's from Mizuno MP-54's ?

I'm currently trying to arrange to travel 1000 miles to a fitter later on in the year with getting a set of 57's as the goal.

Any feed back would be great or suggestions of a more realistic progression from my Mizuno MP-54's

A "WRX like" for having PJ Harvey as your avatar.

Callaway 816 DBD 9° Speeder TS
Titleist 915f 15° Diamana Blue
Callaway Apex Pro hybrid 3/20°
Callaway Apex Pro '16 4-A, Modus 120-TS
Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

^^^^ Opportunity has a tendency to knock this time of year ^^^^

Yep, and I've seen these in hand. If I didn't have my eye on some other items I would of bought them for myself.

I wish. Now isn't the right time for a 1200 purchase. I saw a set of 4-P go for 650 a month or so before Christmas, if I saw that again, I may bite. But not the set listed. Great looking set and Chip is a great guy.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, and I've seen these in hand. If I didn't have my eye on some other items I would of bought them for myself.

I wish. Now isn't the right time for a 1200 purchase. I saw a set of 4-P go for 650 a month or so before Christmas, if I saw that again, I may bite. But not the set listed. Great looking set and Chip is a great guy.

You get what you pay for. The set listed at 1200 are in pretty good shape...I can't imagine the set for 650 would be in great shape (unless you don't care...).

I got a mint set of 57's (from a seller on here) for 1,100 shipped.

You get what you pay for. The set listed at 1200 are in pretty good shape...I can't imagine the set for 650 would be in great shape (unless you don't care...).

I got a mint set of 57's (from a seller on here) for 1,100 shipped.

You don't say? ... If you'll notice, I currently play Baby Blades.

And the 57's I saw go for $650 were mint, 4-P. Obviously, plus shipping.

I'll echo the positives stressed throughout the thread. Once you find the right shaft and head combo, these are near perfection.

Discover Perfection!

I have to agree! I loved my modified 501's so much so that I wanted another set for travel so I went with the 57's with the same shafts as my 501's but this time I said "yes" to my fitters question to splineing the shafts and I have to be honest,,,, I'm usually playing these over my 501's