Who is completely content with their bag?

pkshooter

i need to swap my 3w and get a hybrid...otherwise my bag is as good as i've had it...ever

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to be guilty of thread jacking, so OP, let me know if this is too much drift and I'll go back in and nuke it....

While reading this thread it occurred to me that I've been playing better since I quit changing equipment. I really struggled with putting earlier in the season and decided that I was switching putters too frequently. About two weeks ago I worked intensively on my stroke and decided that the putter doesn't matter, that it's all the stroke. Yesterday I forgot my putter (took one out of the bag to touch up the gun blue and forgot to replace it) had to borrow one from the rental clubs at the pro shop, which luckily was a decent stick. I putted exactly the same, more or less, as normal. I think 34 putts was my total with one three jack.

Anyways, I tweaked some of the settings on adjustable clubs last week and it took days to get used to it. I'm going with the change nothing and it's all the archer not the arrow philosophy. When you take ultimate responsibility for your shots do you improve more rapidly? Seems there may be some subconscious denial in blaming our gear.

Pretty happy.

Ping G30 SF Tec 10*
Ping G25 4-wood, 5-wood and 7-wood
Ping G25 4-hybrid
Titleist AP1 6-iron to 9-iron
Titleist AP2 PW
Titleist TVD M-grind 54*
Titleist Vokey 60*
Ping Pickemup belly

I just put the G30 SF TEc in the bag, and it seems a wee bit longer than the G25 that it replaced, but I need to substantiate that next summer on firm fairways and warmer temps.

I'll continue to use the belly putter; actually, I'll use one 1" shorter and let it graze my belly, not anchored. Perfectly legal. I like the overall weight, which is much heavier than a regular putter. I use a regular length Odyssey #7 in the fall when I carry 8 clubs. It's ok, but I make more with the belly.

I see that Ping might come out with some SF tec fairway woods. That could be beneficial for me in a 4-wood.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

My setup is in my sig and the only thing I can see playing around with are my wedges. I have Cleveland 588's in 48, 52, 60 and a 56 Mizuno MPT11 just sitting in my house screaming to be put in the bag but the differences in distances are so small with them and I'm getting around the greens decently with my Cally 50 and 58.

I've also have a numerous hybrids that were put in the bag trying to find the right distances/ball flight (Ping G20 20* and 23*, Taylormade RBZ tour 18.5) and an SLDR mini I used for a month. They could be could be tossed in at any point just for something different...

Oh, and I have an SC Del Mar I just bought on BST on the way too :good:

So I guess I can say that I'm mostly happy with the clubs I own, not just whats in the bag...lol

[color=#ff8c00]Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110[/color]
[color=#ff8c00]Taylormade M2 16.5* Accra FX 260[/color]
[color=#40e0d0][/color]
[color=#000080]Ping G410 22* Alta CB 70 Red[/color]
[color=#ff0000][/color]
[color=#ff0000]Scratch DW Custom Grind AR1 2i-7i, SB1 Diamondback 8i-PW[/color]
[color=#FF0000]Bridgestone J15 53*, 57*[/color]
[color=#000000]Evnroll 5 Hatchback[/color]

This guy!

I am not going to be messing with anything for years, wedges maybe will be first after they are in for a another couple of years. It took me playing a couple other sets I have to come to this conclusion, but it isn't some anti ho vow, I truly have zero desire to look at any woods, irons or wedges....I collect and like to refinish putters so I am still doing that.

Ryoma maxima driver 9.5 with fire express shaft
Titleist 913f 15* with GD tour AD MT shaft
Royal collection 21* hybrid
Miura 1957 irons
fuso dream/buchi 50/56 wedges
Usually rolling my murdered out all black Santa Fe for the flatstick but that is soon to change I think

I'm solid with my setup (see sig), just working on major swing overhaul.

[b]Srixon ZX7  Evenflow White Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* EvenFlow White Stiff
Titleist TS3 19* hybrid EvenFlow White X-stiff 90gm[/b]
[b]Srixon ZX7 4-PW  Stiff

[/b]
[b]Bettnardi  50*  KBS S+

Bettnardi  54*  KBS S+

Bettnardi 60* KBS S+

[/b]Putter: Bettinardi BB#11 Ball:[b]Srixon Z-Star XV[/b]

I think I am set. I may change the driver next year, but that's it (and I haven't used a driver in months).'I have been professionally for this year, and have done a TON of experimenting this year. I love the set up I have now.

Cobra Darkspeed LS, Ventus TR Blue 6x

Ping G430 Max 15*, Tour Chrome 2.0

Ping G430 Max 21*, Tour Chrome 2.0

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour, 4-P, PX LZ 5.5 blackout

Mizuno T24, 50*/56*/60*, KBS Hi Rev 2.0 blackout 

Evnroll ESR2 Black

I'm looking into changing the top of my bag next spring. Probably going to get the new ping driver and change the 4 wood and maybe the 7 wood for a 5 wood, maybe a 3 hybrid. Not sure really. I need a 220 to 240 club and a 240 to 260 club. I like the 7 wood, but been thinking about going to hybrid again. For absolutely no reason.

10* G25 Driver ----------------------------------------------- Fujikura Pro 73 TS
16.5* G25 4 Wood ------------------------------------------ Fujikura Motore Speeder 6.2 TS
20* G30 7 Wood --------------------------------------------- Fujikura Fuel 70 TS
4 - 6 (4 & 5 1* Strong) Ie1 Irons ------------------------- KBS Tour
7 - PW S55 Irons -------------------------------------------- KBS Tour
50* SS Glide Wedge ---------------------------------------- KBS Tour
55* SS (Half Moon Grind) Glide Wedge --------------- KBS Tour
60* ES Glide Wedge ---------------------------------------- KBS Tour
37" Counter Balanced Cadence TR Anser 2
Titliest Pro V1x / NXT Tour S
Leoupol 4Xi

[b]MAIN BAG[/b]
9.6* G Driver -------------------------------------------------------- Fujikura Pro 61 XLR8 Tour
13.6* G Stretch 3 Wood ------------------------------------------ Fujikura Speeder Pro 73 XLR8 Tour
18* 9031 Super Proto Hybrid ----------------------------------- Diamana 82 HY
4 - GW 716 T-MB Irons(4 2* & 5 1* strong) ----------------- KBS Tour V
56 (Bent to 55*) & 60 Mac Daddy PM Grind Wedges----- KBS Tour V Wedge
Ping Cadence Anser 2 Counter Balanced
Bridgestone B330
Leoupol 4Xi

Im there..... Ive been working on gaps and confident Tee options for a month.... well I have it dialed in... only only change that may occur is dropping the strong 3 wood and adding a 56 wedge.... But that's only IF I get that driver to convince me its point and shoot.... Driver was very good yesterday...but has to give me at least 5 good rounds or so to have me trust it.... that 3 deep is so automatic its hard to drop it until driver meets the same standard... The combo in my signature resulted in 4 birdies in 9 holes yesterday ..even had a 50 yard pitch go down for one of the birds so very happy.....only had one bogey where I hit a toey 3 iron off the tee to a 90degree dogleg par 4 ... so I was short of the dogleg and had to punch around the corner..then didn't get up and down from 140 out.... no big deal... I filled that gap this morning with adding my 712U back in... I changed shafts to match my irons and added some weight to the toe.... flying straight and long and easy to launch... problem solved..

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I suppose I am.

My stuff is pretty old. My hybrid tends to rotate.

I was on a putter search after getting my bag stolen a couple years, but I've putted since May with the Scotty and have really had some stupendous putting rounds. Like so good that if it starts going bad, I know it's not the putter. I got the Ping wedge this past year, but that was with pro shop credit.

I'm doing an couple equipment experiments this off-season, but I would be very surprised if I didn't have the same set-up next year in October.

Driver : Ping G15 12º
3W : RBX Stage 2 HL 17º (more of a 4W)
Hy : Ping i15
4-GW : Mizuno MX-300
54º Ping Glide
60º Vokey
Putter : Scotty Cameron Red X3.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

The 46*/pw is the only thing I see getting swapped out over the next 6 months.

910D2 w/ Phenom
RBZ Stg.2 Tour3 w/ RIP
TM Rescue '11 18* w/ mf RIP
Jetspeed 21* w/ stock Velox
850 Forged w/ NS Pro 1150GH (5i-9i)
SM4 46-08
SM5 52-12
CG15 58-12
YES! Pippi mid-tour counterbalanced

Ping driver
Taylormade fairways
Adams irons
Vokey and CG wedges
Yes! putter
W/S and Vice balls
Nike shoes
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1212980-stillboards-witb/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...illboards-witb/[/url]

Very happy:

[b][size=4][color=#000000]Mizuno MP 650 9.5*[/color][color=#A4A4A4]/ [/color][/size][color=#B22222]Cinnamon 75-X[/color][/b]
[b][color=#000000]Adams Super LS Black 18*[/color][/b][color=#A4A4A4][size=2]/[/size][/color][color=#FF0000][size=2] [b]Redboar[/b][/size][/color][b][color=#FF0000]d 83x[/color][/b][color=#000000][size=2]/ [/size][/color][color=#0000FF][size=2][b]Blueboard 83x[/b][/size][/color][color=#808080][size=2][b]ION[/b][/size][/color]
[b][color=#000000]Adams Super LSP Black 23*[/color][/b][color=#A4A4A4][size=2]/[/size][/color][color=#FF0000][size=2] [b]AxivRed[/b][/size][/color][b][color=#FF0000] 104x[/color][/b]
[b][color=#696969]MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)[/color][/b][color=#A4A4A4][size=2]/ [/size][/color][b][color=#696969]DG X7[/color][/b]
[b][color=#000000]MP T5 Black Ion 50,56,60[/color][/b][color=#A4A4A4][size=2]/[/size][/color][b] [color=#000000]Black Chrome[/color][color=#000000] S400[/color][/b]
[b][color=#696969]Yes Abbie Forged Pro Series[/color][/b]

Mizuno STG 440/Kai'li Blue 70x

Mizuno MP 650 9.5*/ Cinnamon 75-X
Mizuno MP Metal Ti (JDM) 18*/ Blueboard ION 83x
Adams Red 20*/ AxivRed 104x

MP 55 4-PW/MP 53 3i/Recoil 125 Prototype
MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)/ DG X7 GRIPMASTER Roo Grips

Mizuno T11 50, 56,60/Recoil 125 Prototype
Mizuno T5 50,56,60/ Black Chrome S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34" Custom Shop Blue Paint and Jackpot Johnny Cover
All riding on a blue Clicgear 3.5+

For the most part I am content. Unless I come into a large sum of money to fund my want for PXG 0311t's I don't see myself buying anything in the near future.

Titleist TSR 4 - Autoflex SF 505XX

Burner Mini - Autoflex SF505XX

Cally Apex UW - Ventus TR RED 7x

Ping G430 3H - Ventus HY Blue 8x 

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW Axiom 105x

Hi-Toe 3 52/MG3 TW 60 - S400TI 

Odyssey Ai Milled Eleven DB w/Stability Tour 

Content?

I hit a drive 325 down the middle of the fairway today. I'm putting the driver on ebay because it launched .5* low and produced 175 more rpms than optimal.

But for real I'm content for the time being. Here's my bag:
[b]Cobra Fly Z+ Driver[/b]
[b]Adams Tight Lies 3 wood[/b] - Starting to come around with this club. Hated at first, but I'm learning how to hit it. I've tried to snap the shaft a few times with no success, so I figured that was a sign to keep working with it.
[b]Nike VR Pro 2 Hybrid[/b]
[b]Vapor Pro Combos 4-AW [/b]
[b]Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54*[/b]
[b]Tommy Armour Putter[/b]

I'm pretty content for now. I have been tinkering with shafts that are in the garage in my current clubs but I won't be spending more $$ anytime soon:

Driver: Big Bertha Alpha 815 w/ Aldila Rogue Silver
3 wood: Titleist 913F w/ Aldila Tour Green
3 Hybrid: Titleist 913H w/ Diamana blue
4-P - AP2 714's with KBS Tour S+
50, 54, 58 Vokey SM5's
Putter: Ping Anser 5 Karsten TR

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

I stopped changing clubs all the time 1yr or so ago, just didnt make any difference...maybe for a round or so but inevitably after awhile it was just all the same....found out that clubs are more similar than different....

Specs don't matter cuz it's just personal preference, so here is mine

Driver: M1
3wd: RBZ STG 2
hyb: Adams A12 pro
irons: 4-pw Mizuno mp5/25
GW: SM5 vokey
SW/LW: Mizuno T4/T5
putter: T.M. daddy long legs

I have days I play really well and days I dont, just like any golfer with any set of clubs.....

I actually am. Only contemplating 2 changes: different driver shaft and different putter, but those are only potential. I putt great with what I have. Always have with a 9 style, but may go back to a face balanced mallet for short putts.

SIM Max 8* w/ Ventus Black 6x or TSR2 8* w/ Ventus Black 6x

Paradym TD 15* w/ Venuts Black 7x

TSR2 3h w/ Ventus Blue 8x

G425 4&5H w/ Ventus Blue 9x

T150 6-P w/ KBS Tour V X
RTX6 Tour Rack 50/54/58
DF3 or Mezz

I AM COMPLETELY Content with my bag!

Per my Sig and some additional thoughts

910D2 (C1) 9.5* - Black Tie 7M3 Stiff - decent combination of ball flight, spin and least demanding club ( Struggled with the NIKE CT1.0) Tried many shaft and the best feel in comparison

XHot Pro, 3Wood, 3 grams of Lead tape on top and this thing BOMBS love it with the PXv 6.0 shaft

3-PW 712 AP2, X100 - Best combination of static weight and feel. Good ball flight with just enough work-ability, would love a little more, but I need to hit greens not work it into the green so it keeps me on track from doing anything stupid.

Vokey SM5 Fgrind 50*, 8* bounce wedge flex. THIS is the only club if I had to make a change because I was forced to, maybe get a 52* instead. The 50* was to fill the gap between SW and PW, problem is while I was looking for the 100 yard club, this thing still goes 110 and I cant seem to just back it down to get 100.

Vokey SM4 56* SW 11* bounce, 60* LW 7* bounce. High spinning, super launching control demanding wedges love these loves these loves these.... Good versatility!

I cant believe I did this but I bought a Scotty..... need to update my sig.

Newport Select 1.0 33" I have never putted in the 20's and last week was the first, have seen my putting significantly improve with practice and better feel. Amazing!

Cant be more happy with this bag!

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

I'm pretty content with what's in my sig line. The only thing that's not settled is 5W -vs- 3H and I'd like to try a Glide 58ES in place of the 58SS that's currently in the bag.

Now if I can ever figure out how to manage a 2nd bag w/o a divorce......

[u][b]WITB[/b][/u]

Callaway XR16 10.5
Callaway XR16 4W
Callaway XR16 7W
Callaway XR OS 4H
Callaway Apex CF16 5-PW
Callaway MD3 50S, 54S, 58S
SC Newport 3
Callaway Supersoft

[quote name='TheCityGame' timestamp='1446490353' post='12541400']
I was on a putter search after getting my bag stolen a couple years, but I've putted since May with the Scotty and have really had some stupendous putting rounds. Like so good that if it starts going bad, I know it's not the putter.
[/quote]

This is the essence of this thread. Having positive experiences with every club in your bag so that when you don't have your "A" game, you can look back and say it clearly isn't the club because I've demonstrated I can hit it well. I have to admit, when I posted this I thought this would be a pretty short list of people that really feel content with their bag. Nice to see so many people happy with their setups.

Ping G410 9* Alta CB
Ping G410 15* 3 Wood Alta CB
Ping G410 19* & 22* Hybrid Alta CB
Ping G 5-UW N.S. Pro Modus3 105
Ping Glide 3.0 Eye 54*, 58*
Ping Anser Milled 0
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1378338-pkshooter-witb-2016-all-ping/"]WITB Link[/url]

Very happy with my set up at the moment.

Basically no changes all year with the exception of a new putter. Season is basically over, only consideration for next year is new hybrids.

Callaway GBB 9° UST Proforce V2
TEE XCG7 15°Aerotech SS65
Adams XTD Ti 20° & 23° MRC Tensei Blue
Callaway XR Steele Head 5-A

Tryouts now open
Ping Karsten TR Pal or Yes! Tracy or Odyssey White Hot XG7 or...

[quote name='minitour' timestamp='1446513396' post='12543362']
Now wait, just to clarify...

"Content" doesn't necessarily mean I won't "be scouring eBay and BST looking for something cool" does it?
[/quote]

roger roger...over under!

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock