Anyone wear Bluetooth earbuds while playing/practicing?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the powerbeats 2 and love them. they stay on your ear and are comfortable. Even work with my apple watch in case i dont want to use my phone.

In My Bag
TM Stealth 10.5* PX T1100 6.5 75g
TM Stealth 3W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g 

TM Stealth 5W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g

TM SIM 2 3H, Nippon Modus Hybrid shaft 95X

2021 TM P790 5-PW Modus TT DG Tour issue 100X
TM High Toe 50, 54 and 58

Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB-X Yellow
#insideTMAG 2013

[quote name='Trebarb' timestamp='1446645407' post='12551146']
I'd advise with going with the Powerbeats. My old Jaybirds would fall out constantly when golfing. My Beats haven't fallen out once.
[/quote]

I didn't have any issues with Bluebuds even when i'm out jogging. Did you use the ear guide with yours?

[color=#0000cd][b]Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (2016) Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]TEE E8 Beta 13* 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW [/b][/color][color=#0000ff][b]DGX100[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist Vokey SM6 50* | SM5 54* | 58*[/b][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore[/b][/color]

[color=#0000cd][b]Callaway FT-9 Tour 8.5* iMix Fubuki Tour 63X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist 681T 2-PW DGS400[/b][/color]
[b]Odyssey Protype ix #1 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0[/b]

I had a pair of Jaybird Freedom Sprints that I used for a few months earlier this year and will never buy another Jaybird product again. The little rubber earpieces fell off almost daily, the construction of the buds were flimsy at best, and the battery died after a few months of use, never to charge again.

I went with the Plantronics Backbeat Fit, and they are far superior to the Jaybirds in terms of durability and ease of use, both on the golf course and in the gym.

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade M5 15* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2TS X
Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
Miura Baby Blade 4-P - KBS $-Taper X
Miura Wedges - 52*, 56* - KBS $-Taper X
Callaway MD4 Tactical 60*
PXG Darkness Operator

[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1446219148' post='12528686']You are talking to a headphone junkie here!!!

After buying, trying and returning many Bluetooth headphones I ran into the same problems. One of them was range. I don't like swinging with my phone on me so a set of headphones that would have the range for me to swing with my cart or bag nearby were what I was looking for.

I was on groupon awhile ago and bought a cheap set of RevJams active sport Bluetooth 4.0 headphones. At first I only worked out in them. I use cheap headphones at the gym as I had a few monster beats that shorted out from sweat. Horrible CS IMO.

So I took them out on the course. The range is fantastic. I left them in a cart about 30 feet away and was able to tee off. I leave the phone in my bag and I am able to listen the whole time I carry.

One pro/con is that there isn't tremendous noise isolation. For me this is a good thing. This way if I'm playing with someone I can pause the music and be able to hear a conversation without having to pull out the headphones completely.

They also fit very well in the ear, barely move and they cost well under $50.[/quote]

What kind of battery life did you see out of these?

[quote name='MichiganMan' timestamp='1446580925' post='12546936']
[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1446219148' post='12528686']
You are talking to a headphone junkie here!!!

After buying, trying and returning many Bluetooth headphones I ran into the same problems. One of them was range. I don't like swinging with my phone on me so a set of headphones that would have the range for me to swing with my cart or bag nearby were what I was looking for.

I was on groupon awhile ago and bought a cheap set of RevJams active sport Bluetooth 4.0 headphones. At first I only worked out in them. I use cheap headphones at the gym as I had a few monster beats that shorted out from sweat. Horrible CS IMO.

So I took them out on the course. The range is fantastic. I left them in a cart about 30 feet away and was able to tee off. I leave the phone in my bag and I am able to listen the whole time I carry.

One pro/con is that there isn't tremendous noise isolation. For me this is a good thing. This way if I'm playing with someone I can pause the music and be able to hear a conversation without having to pull out the headphones completely.

They also fit very well in the ear, barely move and they cost well under $50.
[/quote]

wldchld22, I just ordered a pair of the RevJams on Amazon for $25. Looking forward to testing them out. I've been looking for a pair of Bluetooth headphones for a while. Thanks for the advice. Hopefully they work as well as you say they do.
[/quote]

I can't wait to hear what you think!

Btw... GO BLUE

[quote name='left hand low' timestamp='1447019515' post='12571092']
[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1446219148' post='12528686']You are talking to a headphone junkie here!!!

They also fit very well in the ear, barely move and they cost well under $50.[/quote]

What kind of battery life did you see out of these?
[/quote]

I've had no issues using them a whole round. I usually use them 3 times a week when I workout and have to charge them at the end of the week.

They use the same cable an android does. I just hook mine up to my xbox one and they are good after a few hours.

I'm just glad the controls seem sweat proof. I went through 3 pairs of power beats and monster headphones because their controls weren't sweat proof.

[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1447358849' post='12590440']
[quote name='MichiganMan' timestamp='1446580925' post='12546936']
[quote name='wldchld22' timestamp='1446219148' post='12528686']
You are talking to a headphone junkie here!!!

They also fit very well in the ear, barely move and they cost well under $50.
[/quote]

wldchld22, I just ordered a pair of the RevJams on Amazon for $25. Looking forward to testing them out. I've been looking for a pair of Bluetooth headphones for a while. Thanks for the advice. Hopefully they work as well as you say they do.
[/quote]

I can't wait to hear what you think!

Btw... GO BLUE
[/quote]

So far, so good. I haven't used them on the range/course yet as we've been under water the last month or so here in NC. I have used them to walk the dog though and haven't had any issues. The sound quality is good, signal is good, no disruptions in Bluetooth signal, and the earpiece certainly fits much more snug than the iPhone buds I had before. I'll have to get used to the buttons and how to answer calls, switch tracks, etc. but that shouldn't be too difficult. Looking forward to getting them on the course for a proper trial.

GO BLUE indeed!!

Titleist TSi3 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Red 6S
TaylorMade Stealth Plus 15* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7S
TaylorMade UDI 2 iron - Tour Only Project X HZRDUS 105g 6.5
TaylorMade RSI 3 iron - KBS C Taper X
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4 iron - KBS C Taper X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW - KBS C Taper X
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 54* SB - KBS C Taper S
TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi-Toe 58* - KBS C Taper S
Custom Cameron & Crown Mallet 1 or Futura 5W w/ custom flow neck
TaylorMade TP5x (2019 Version) 

[quote name='left hand low' timestamp='1447376758' post='12591974']
Do they come with a charger? I only have apple chargers.
[/quote]

Most of these earbuds use micro usb plugs. Should be able to charge with the cable you use with portable harddrives

[color=#0000cd][b]Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (2016) Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]TEE E8 Beta 13* 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW [/b][/color][color=#0000ff][b]DGX100[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist Vokey SM6 50* | SM5 54* | 58*[/b][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore[/b][/color]

[color=#0000cd][b]Callaway FT-9 Tour 8.5* iMix Fubuki Tour 63X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist 681T 2-PW DGS400[/b][/color]
[b]Odyssey Protype ix #1 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0[/b]

[quote name='left hand low' timestamp='1447376758' post='12591974']
Do they come with a charger? I only have apple chargers.
[/quote]

It will come with it. You'll be able to plug the cable into any USB port. So on your charger, laptop or wherever. I haven't run into any wireless headphones that came without the cable or some way to charge them.

[quote name='golfzob' timestamp='1446058606' post='12519424']
I use power beats on the range and I have some blue tooth puma speakers for on the course...I couldn't imagine practicing without my power beats anymore as I've used them for the last 18 months!
[/quote]Yep, well actually though I own a pair of Power Beats, I was out of the game when I got them. I wore the first gen Beats and also a couple of Monster models(which I believe make Beats). I lived in them on the practice tee along with when I went out in the evening and also in the locker room prior to swats and tourneys, lol.

As far as a blue tooth device for my phone, never.

I play with surgeons who can put their phones away for 4-5 hours so I have a hard time with guys who wear devices on the course-

To have so little control over your life that you can't "get away" for 4-5 hours though I'm not sure how much is that versus a self-inflated sense of self worth and "hey I'm a very busy man and I've got peeps that need me," lmao

Yea, okey dokey, lmao

Have a nice weekend Gents :)

My Best,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

• 3 weeks later...

X2 Jaybirds here, they fit much better than the original Jaybirds due to the comply foam eartips. I don't have any issues with them coming out of my ears when doing any athletic activity.

Sound quality is the best I've heard in an earbud style wireless headset, but not anywhere near what you'd get from a wired headset.

Epic SZ 9* Speeder 665
816 Alpha 14* Tensei Pro Blue
Titleist T-MB 3 - PW KBS C-Taper
Vokey SM6 Raw 50*F & 55*M, Low Bounce K 59*
Scotty Cameron Newport Buttonback

I have done a ton of research and there are so many bluetooth buds that suck and are overpriced. Per the reviews, although I don't receive mine until tomorrow, the best ones I have found for quality, connectivity and overall review stars are the Skullcandy Smokin' Buds 2 Wireless OR the XTFree ones but those are more expensive because they're workout specific.

I'm buying mine to wear while I jog as well as practice and even when I'm sitting at my computer working. I'll update my thoughts but they're $59 and SC is doing free shipping and if you sign up for their email list, you get 20% off your first purchase.

[quote name='Poor Posture' timestamp='1449712702' post='12701290']
So, I'd like some wireless Bluetooth earbuds. I'm not a snob but want them to be as good a quality as the standard iphone earbuds. Is that asking too much? Would the x2 jaybirds be a good choice?
[/quote]

I received my Skullcandy SB2 wireless buds yesterday and have been rocking them pretty consistently since then. I have tested out some power metal, screamcore metal, trance, drum and bass, indie rock and oldies genres and it's so clean and crisp. I love them. They're much better quality than the iPhone buds that come stock. I love how in my metal genre I can really hear the difference of each instrument because a lot of it is pretty technical so I like to hear the difference between symbols and such. Good stuff, I would recommend them although I haven't done a run with them yet. I'll be doing that tonight to test out the microphonics but just going around the office and up and down hallways, it's not too bad.