Who pays for your clubs??

2»

Comments

• IH823PUTTIH823PUTT Members Posts: 674 ✭✭
    Sorry papichulosteve,

I live in Canada... all prices are in canadian monies. image/fool.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

My bad.

Although most of my equipment is TOUR! image/crazy2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
    WITB:
    Cobra F9 8* w/ TBD
    Titleist F3.05 w/ Pro95, X
    Fourteen Proto 2i w/ DG X100
    Mizuno MP-18 FLI-HI 3 W/ Nippon Modus 125, X
    Mizuno MP-18 SC 4-6, MP-18 MB 7-PW
    Don White Custom 52* & 58* w/ DG AMT T.I., S400
    Bettinardi BB34 Tour Stock w/ Tungsten Weights

WITB Link
  • nuffy12nuffy12 Jr. Boomers Posts: 150
    i have to wait until birthdays and christmas for new clubs. I use my money for like balls and shoes stuff like that. Ive got

983k got xmas

904f paid in comp vouchers

Titleist dci 990's two bdays ago

vokey gap wedge got two bdays ago

rac sand wedge birthday

scrappy old putter found in garage saving 4 scotty

my freind went to golf shop other day came back with new 3 wood he didnt pay anything for it i was like what
  • i_luv_golf_i_luv_golf_ Jr. Boomers Posts: 428
    animalistic wrote on Feb 2 2006, 10:24 PM:

i_luv_golf_ wrote on Feb 2 2006, 07:32 PM:

I work for pocket money and use money from old clubs or my birthday!

Balls And Tees And Clothes I Don't Pay For!

Oh and i'm with u other guys! ONE DAY I PICKED OUT THE KING COBRA 460 SZ AND I SHOWED IT TO MY MOTHER AND SHE ASKED IS THAT A PUTTER I SPLIT MY SIDES AND HIT THE FLOOR LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody From Ireland Know Any Other Ways To Make Money I.E CADDYING or get clubs cheap (DONT SAY EBAY, MY PARENTS HATE IT AND I WAS AVOUT TO BUY A MINT FUSION 5 WOOD FOR 130 EURO!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

im from ireland and the best way of makin money is definetely caddying.near me in adare and doonbeg you can get 200-250 euro for a days caddyin.the americans just throw money at you.their v generous with their tips

Sounds Cool!!!!!

But Is That Only During Certain Competitons Or In Big Clubs????
  • animalisticanimalistic 7th Hole Ballybunion !! Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,235
    i_luv_golf_ wrote on Feb 5 2006, 06:01 PM:

Oh and i'm with u other guys! ONE DAY I PICKED OUT THE KING COBRA 460 SZ AND I SHOWED IT TO MY MOTHER AND SHE ASKED IS THAT A PUTTER I SPLIT MY SIDES AND HIT THE FLOOR LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody From Ireland Know Any Other Ways To Make Money I.E CADDYING or get clubs cheap (DONT SAY EBAY, MY PARENTS HATE IT AND I WAS AVOUT TO BUY A MINT FUSION 5 WOOD FOR 130 EURO!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

im from ireland and the best way of makin money is definetely caddying.near me in adare and doonbeg you can get 200-250 euro for a days caddyin.the americans just throw money at you.their v generous with their tips

Sounds Cool!!!!!

thats only in big clubs like Adare Manor, Lahinch, Ballybunnion etc where the americans come over and throw money around everywhere image/cool.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />
    animalistic wrote on Feb 5 2006, 06:26 PM:

Thanks image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />

Sounds Cool!!!!!

thats only in big clubs like Adare Manor, Lahinch, Ballybunnion etc where the americans come over and throw money around everywhere image/cool.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':crazy2:' />
    i_luv_golf_ wrote on Feb 5 2006, 08:00 PM:

Sounds Cool!!!!!

thats only in big clubs like Adare Manor, Lahinch, Ballybunnion etc where the americans come over and throw money around everywhere image/cool.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':crazy2:' />

I think I'll be able to make money out of that. You See I'm going to pay my parents the amount of money they spend on petrol to drive each way plus profit for them and i keep the rest! But do the americans come over here in Winter?
  • SCameron009SCameron009 ¡~WRX~! Members Posts: 1,783 ClubWRX
    flomarilius wrote on Jan 10 2006, 06:03 PM:

im going down the list..

Nike 460cc Ignite $175 for xmas

Nike CPR $59.99 Xmas money

Nike Procombo (2k4 model) $399.99 Bday money

Nike SW xmas gift from friend in exchange for a TW hat.

Putter came with my old starter set.

Balls: I piled up on em image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':crazy2:' />

I thought Tiger Woods gave you your PC's...? image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />
    i_luv_golf_ wrote on Feb 5 2006, 08:09 PM:

Sounds Cool!!!!!

I think I'll be able to make money out of that. You See I'm going to pay my parents the amount of money they spend on petrol to drive each way plus profit for them and i keep the rest! But do the americans come over here in Winter?

not really, its more of a spring and summer thing.all the classic links courses and the good parklands re crawling with them in summer. but you wont find any in offaly, so youll have to travel a a bit
    animalistic wrote on Feb 6 2006, 01:12 PM:

i_luv_golf_ wrote on Feb 5 2006, 08:09 PM:

Sounds Cool!!!!!

not really, its more of a spring and summer thing.all the classic links courses and the good parklands re crawling with them in summer. but you wont find any in offaly, so youll have to travel a a bit

so what time in Spring? (sorry but I need big money quick here!)

I'm guessing mid March-April?????? image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':pimp:' />
    ya, maybe April more than march, and through until August.youre goin to be doin some serious travelling alot though to get to those courses.id advise ringing up soon to get your name on the caddie lists as loads of kids put down their names and theyll give the jobs to the kids who are members there first.it would really really help if you know someone in the club aswell
    animalistic wrote on Feb 6 2006, 08:40 PM:

ya, maybe April more than march, and through until August.youre goin to be doin some serious travelling alot though to get to those courses.id advise ringing up soon to get your name on the caddie lists as loads of kids put down their names and theyll give the jobs to the kids who are members there first.it would really really help if you know someone in the club aswell

**** IT!!!!!!

TOO MUCH TROUBLE FOR ME!

I'LL HAVE TO COME UP WITH SOME MORE IDEAS!!!!! image/fool.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    Me image/cool.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> ....(except for christmas/birthdays ect.)
  • kblakeney35kblakeney35 Jr. Boomers Posts: 937
    My parents have paid for most of my equipment up until now. I am so thankful to have them. Neither of them has what you would call a "high class job." But they both work their asses off to give us a comfortable life. Now that I have a job I am going to pay for all my clubs and hopefully most of my balls.

My Current Set:

Driver:$280 on ebay by parents.

3 Wood:$140 on ebay by me

Hybrid:$210 in pro shop by parents

Irons:$700 in pro shop by parents

Wedges:50* and 60* $120 each in pro shop by parents

56* $50 used in pro shop by parents

Putter:$280 in pro shop by me

Balls:Just spent $55 on 2 dozen by me

Parent Total:$1430

Me Total:$475
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    Going down the list for some updates...

im going down the list..

Nike 460cc Ignite $175 for xmas

Nike CPR $59.99 Xmas money

Nike Procombo (2k4 model) $399.99 Bday money

Nike SW xmas gift from friend in exchange for a TW hat.

Alien LW - $9.97 on sale at Sports authority and I needed a LW anyway

Putter came with my old starter set. Will become a Odyssey 2-ball DFX tomorrow for $109.99 that Im paying $80 for

Balls: I piled up on em smile.gif

Ok so what I've payed for totals to $576 for clubs and easily over 300 for balls

Parents payed Tees and misc and Ignite ill round to $200
  • GolferGal2009GolferGal2009 about that.... Members, Jr. Boomers Posts: 466
    junior_golfer, you spent about 3,000 CAD which is like 2,600 American dollars on golf balls last year? That's like 700 prov1s!

I save all of my money that I earn for golf stuff. The money I have is mostly from holidays, my parents, and my birthdays. My irons and driver were bought using credits that my dad had at our club because he played in a few events. Everything else was bought by me and from now on will always be bought by me. Even though I appreciate my parents help, there is nothing like saving up for something you really want. Anything other than clubs, the more pricey stuff like lessons, entry fees, and training, is usually payed for by the rents. You can only pay for so much when you're 15!!

Irons: TaylorMade RAC LT- my dad's credit, $600

Driver: Ping G2- same credit $300

Fairways: TaylorMade Burner Steel- my moms old woods no idea

Wedge: CG10- me $115

Putters: SC Newport 1.5- me $280

Ping Craz-E- me $220

SC headcover: Scotty Cameron 2005 British Open- me $70

Bag: Ogio Featherlite- me $119
  • greenmachine0227greenmachine0227 Members Posts: 303
    Let's see here. I'll have to do some quick math to figure out what I spent on each theng. OK. Got it:

Bag: High School logo Ping Hoofer 3 - $119- parents (their gift to me for working my butt off for three years to make the team)

Driver: Cleveland Launcher 460 - $500 for a golf clinic I went to. That got me the driver, my sand wedge and a voodoo putter that my dad uses.- parents

3wood: Titleist 980F - $159- Me

5Wood- Titlesit 980F- $150- Me

Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue Dual- $175- Me

Irons- MacGregor 1025cm- $330- Me

SW- Cleveland 588 Gunmetal 53*- See driver - parents

LW- Titleist spin milled 60*- ???- Gift from the pro and course manager at my home course

Putter- Odyssey white hot 2-ball- $139- Me (first club I ever bought)

Other putter- Scotty Cameron TeI3- $75- Me ($50 of it was credit I won through a tournament)

Balls- Usually used ProV1 - $16 per dozen- parents (I ones I use in tournamentsI get as gifts from friends or are left over from the high school season

So the grand total is:

Me- $1028

Parents- $619+

I'm thankful that they've been willing to pay for all of that along with my lessons and tournament expenses. They were a little skeptical when I said that my next goal was the 2007 US Junior and I told them a rough estimate of the costs. I agreed to pay for that one though.
  • NCSU Wolfpack 10NCSU Wolfpack 10 Members Posts: 165
    Well, I pay for most of my clubs. But my most recent club is my R7 425 Tour I got for free from TaylorMade.

Adam
  • onemomentintimeonemomentintime Members Posts: 187
    working hard day and night..thats how. lol... image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
2»