Cobra King LTD pro cb/mb irons

Anyone have any experiences with these? I hit em last night and I thought they were awesome.
I change too much to list it. Working on that...

Comments

• LoveSick666LoveSick666 Members Posts: 965
    Got my set in last week! Only gotten to hit a few of the irons in the simulator at the shop i work at, but they felt great abd i love the look. Should get my first round in with them Monday morning abd i will report back my experience.
  • Techgolfer1Techgolfer1 Posts: 1,534
    Man I am jealous! I have a set of Ping i irons that I really hit good. I was wanting something Forged, loved the look of the Mizuno MP 25's and I got them at Golfsmith. I just didn't hit them that well, so I took them back for my one trade in. They had a demo set sitting right there and there wasn't anyone hardly there so I sat there for about an hour and wore them out. I really like them. They look nice and tiny but are packed with technology. I am very excited to get them.
  • MBBGMBBG Members Posts: 1,447 ✭✭
    These really have my attention. Trying hard not to buy them since the season is essentially over until April
    2016 TM TI M2 with Rogue 125 60 TS
    Ping G400 3W with stock Alta S
    RomaRo Type R 18* with Nunchuk .370
    Srixon U45 23* with Aerotech i95 S
    2013 ONOFF Forged with Modus 125 S
    Vokey Cold Forged 51/56*, PM Grind 60* Modus 125 Wedge
    Odyssey Works SaberTooth
    Tartan Ogio Recoil stand bag
    MBBG wrote:
    These really have my attention. Trying hard not to buy them since the season is essentially over until April

Yes i think you'll be impressed by many manufacturers lineups. I was also very impressed by the titleist Mbs but don't need to be hitting those in the long irons. I wasn't impressed with the cb version of the titleists though. Felt terrible to me. The Cobras are as tiny or tinier than the titleist Mbs in the short irons. They look fantastic. I also read they will be coming out with a chrome version of the Cobras around February but I think the black looks cool.

The mizunos I had were good but I just can't get past the short irons looking so round and the wedge looks big. Honestly I could if I hit them better but I just didn't hit them as straight as my Ping irons. I think I'll hit these Cobras as well or better from what I saw last night.
  • TinkerGolfManTinkerGolfMan Tinker Golf Man Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    I seen these in the PGA Superstore, they look so bad! I wanna try hitting them!
    TaylorMade 2019 M1 9°, Aldila Rogue 110, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align Midsize
    Bomb Tech 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Oban Devotion, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Nike Golf Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Mizuno JPX 919/ 4-6 Forged Irons /7-PW Tour Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Artisan Golf ★ custom 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Titleist Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport 2, SC Custom Shop work: Black Refinish, High-Buff shaft band, Yellow School Bus SC Matador, Face/Weight Stamps.
  • StonewalledStonewalled Members Posts: 1,502 ✭✭
    edited Dec 1, 2015 #7
    The Cobra King LTD irons look very impressive in Ricky's new King bag.

This has to be the best looking set up I have ever seen.

I was able to find the bag at a price I couldn't pass on, the irons we're supposed to follow but the deal fell thru.

I was finally able to see the LTDs in person and was not disappointed.

I only had a chance to hit the 6 and 7 iron off the matts.

The 6 cb feel was not what I hoped it would be. The Shiels video kinda expressed that same observation.

The 7 mb felt alot better, I have the flyz pros and would have to take both on the course to give an accurate comparison.

The fly z irons are 1020 vs 1025 for the LTDs.

Not sure if average joe like me could tell the difference but maybe one would have a preconceived bias toward the flyz feeling softer.

Prices in Canada are crazy 1300 this yr vs 899 last yr

Might have to wait until golf town blows them out next yr.

I warmed up in the simulator at gt with a Mizuno MP-5, 6 iron PX6.5 the cobra cb 6 was not even in the same zip code. Softness wise

If your ordering LTD irons look into a full set of MBs.

Jim.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    I thought all the irons felt good. I do agree the muscles backs felt a tad better. I loved the way the cavities felt as well though. These things would look real awesome with black shafts.
  • Tee2Green85Tee2Green85 Members Posts: 790
    mine will be heer tomorrow, I ordered the full set of blades 2--pw, ill post back after I get some indoor time with them.
    TM M1 460 9.5* Matrix BT 6M3 X
    TM M1 15* Aldila Rogue Black X
    Cobra King Pro MB 2-Pw C-taper 130 X
    Callaway MD3 52* S Grind
    Callaway MD3 58* S Grind
    Odyssey MXM Versa #1

mine will be heer tomorrow, I ordered the full set of blades 2--pw, ill post back after I get some indoor time with them.

Please let us know! Sweet setup, but I like a little help in those longer irons. I wanna hit those blades in those long irons.
  • youngunz5840youngunz5840 Members Posts: 2,280 ✭✭
    I think the whole Cobra line is a sleeper as usual for them. I tried the CB/MB and Tec forged and all were great. I dont have the game for the men in black but the few I caught clean felt great.
    Got my first round in with mine yesterday. Cold as **** but irons felt amazing! Checked the lies today cause i had a little tail to the left with them. They were all 2-3 degrees upright of what i ordered but i easily bent them today. I personally couldn't tell the difference feel wise between the cb long irons and mb short irons. They all felt great to me. Feel is subjective though cause i think these feel miles better then the fly z irons.

Ordered mine with c-tapers but i think i might go back to the kbs tours. Spin and launch were a little low with the c-tapers. Bonus that if i go back to the kbs tours is that I'll order the custom black ones!
  • TMelectricTMelectric When in doubt, buy both Members Posts: 3,277 ✭✭

Got my first round in with mine yesterday. Cold as **** but irons felt amazing! Checked the lies today cause i had a little tail to the left with them. They were all 2-3 degrees upright of what i ordered but i easily bent them today. I personally couldn't tell the difference feel wise between the cb long irons and mb short irons. They all felt great to me. Feel is subjective though cause i think these feel miles better then the fly z irons.

Ordered mine with c-tapers but i think i might go back to the kbs tours. Spin and launch were a little low with the c-tapers. Bonus that if i go back to the kbs tours is that I'll order the custom black ones!

The black KBS shafts with these heads would be a great looking setup.
    Mizuno JPX 900 driver
    Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
    Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
    Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
    Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
    Mizuno MP A303 putter

Glad to hear you are impressed with the new cobras. A buddy who has the same set up had stated they were softer than the fly z pros as well. If that's the case all hail the new King Cobra. With those black KBS shafts the LTDs would be off the charts. Pics please.
  • UTace10UTace10 Members Posts: 202 ✭✭
    Here's mine with orange No.1 grips and KBS Tours.
    UTace10 wrote:

Here's mine with orange No.1 grips and KBS Tours.
    Wow very impressive , nice touch with the grips.

Green grass looks **** nice as well.

Enjoy your set and thanks for the pic.

jim.
  • kaaayelllkaaayelll Members Posts: 802 ✭✭

Let me know if you want to sell the CTapers; I've got a lot of heads looking for shafts.

I should be getting my set of MBs next week I'm guessing. Can't wait, though I think I want to rid the heads of paint fill.
    I'll let you know if i pull the c-tapers for sure.
  • No_Catchy_NicknameNo_Catchy_Nickname Kyushu,_JapanPosts: 5,081 ✭✭
    edited Dec 2, 2015 #19
    I hit the MB and CB seven iron in the net at a shop today, aas well as the King Cobra Driver. Impressed with all of them, especially the driver, but its price tag is off-putting*. The CBs felt great, and the MBs were just delightful; very satisfying solid feel. However, the MBs cost 20,000 yen per club here ($160), so I don't think I will be getting a set anytime soon, though.

*In Japan, the standard model at Tsuruya will go on sale at around 5,5000 yen ($445). It comes with Graphite Design Cobra Tour AD (MS model?) in S, SR, or R, which is a bit too whippy for me. The pro model is offered with the Speeder Evolution 661 in X, S, and R flex, and that is probably what I'd go for. Shaft options rapidly push the price up towards the $800 dollar range.

Also, I was pleased to see the standard length in the driver was 45 inches: much easier to hit that the 45.75 in the TM M1.
    Driver: Ping G400 Tour 65S
    4w: TaylorMade R9 stock Fujikura Motore X flex
    7w TaylorMade V-steel, Quadra Fire Express RB 6SX
    Hybrid: RomaRo iBrid 23* Attas EZ 85S
    Irons (4i-PW): Wilson fg-62 S300 4/5-PW or MP4 Yoro Modus 125X 5-PW
    Wedges: Callaway MD2 T-grind combination of 52*, 56*, 58*, 60*
    Putter: Mac Jack Nicklaus Muirfield

Old stuff: Tons of persimmon and older irons. 
  • TheRidgeTheRidge Posts: 92 ✭✭
    Throw me into the very impressed mix...got 5-pw CB's 11/17...7 rounds with them...I've owned everything, these are silly good...Modus 120's for me
  • mason82mason82 Members Posts: 777 ✭✭
    I will be interested to see how the finish holds up.
    Taylormade M6, Oban Kiyoshi HB
    Taylormade M5 15*, Atmos TS Black
    Taylormade M4 5HL, Atmos TS Red
    Miura MC 501, P-4, PX LZ 6.0
    Miura 2018 wedge 51*, S400
    Miura 2018 wedge 55*, S400
    Miura 2018 wedge 59*, S400
    Odyssey versa 9
  • k12carterk12carter Posts: 588 ✭✭
    Gotta say I am impressed with the look of the irons. Would love to here some insight on how the black looks against moderate to thick rough.
    Just got a message that my MB set won't be in for about 5 weeks due to a head shortage. And here I was getting excited to take advantage of the upcoming stretch of decent weather. I guess these will see play next year. 😞
  • Tee2Green85Tee2Green85 Members Posts: 790
    Ok just got mine in today. So far they look and feel fantastic (just hit 100 balls into my net in my garage), just how they felt when I went for my fitting. Sadly the 2 iron heads are on back order for another week so I'm still waiting to put that into play. I will play my first round with my new setup Saturday and report back.
    TM M1 460 9.5* Matrix BT 6M3 X
    TM M1 15* Aldila Rogue Black X
    Cobra King Pro MB 2-Pw C-taper 130 X
    Callaway MD3 52* S Grind
    Callaway MD3 58* S Grind
    Odyssey MXM Versa #1
  • Makuakane_BearMakuakane_Bear Posts: 783 ✭✭

Ok just got mine in today. So far they look and feel fantastic (just hit 100 balls into my net in my garage), just how they felt when I went for my fitting. Sadly the 2 iron heads are on back order for another week so I'm still waiting to put that into play. I will play my first round with my new setup Saturday and report back.

Nice bag! Hit them well!
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Ping G400 LST, 10.6*, Aldila X-Torsion Copper Mamba, 60S
    Ping G400,14.5*, Alta CB65S[/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Ping G410 Hybrid, 19*, Tour 85S / Cobra F6 Baffler, 17.5*, Matrix Red Tie 65Q4S
    Ping i200, (4-PW), DG S300
    Ping Glide Wedges-50* SS, 54*WS, 58*ES, DG Tour Issue S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5/ Bettinardi BB1 Tiki Limited Run
    Srixon Z-Star [/font]
    Sweet!

Wow very nice set up.Tee. Looks like you hand picked all the top gear from many manufactures. To include the LTDs in your lineup sends a very positive message about there standings in the collective iron rankings. Thanks for the great pics.

Jim.
    I'm very excited to get mine in! They're really good and I've gotta say probably as forgiving on toe hits as I've seen for a players set. Extremely small head design that just looks fantastic.
  • bluejeeprubibluejeeprubi Members Posts: 1,031 ✭✭
    Man, 5 weeks for a set of mbs. Can I wait or will it be 945s
    G400 lst digital loft at 9 playing at 8
    G400 3w. Xtorsion Black 80tx
    G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
    20 and 24 ft worth hi
    5-pw Miura BB with x100 ti
    60 mack daddy forged
    Nike 006 proto
    My vote is for these. The 945s are nice, but I actually thought too soft/numb. To me, the harder choice is these or J15 MB if it had to be one or the other.
  • tsur1tsur1 Members Posts: 556 ✭✭
    Cobra F9, Fuji Speeder 757X
    Cobra King LTD 3wd, Speeder 8.2X
    Cobra Fly Z Hybrid Speeder 9.8X
    Mizuno 900 Hot Metal 4-5, 900 Forged 6-GW X100
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal 56* and 60
    Taylormade Spider Black DJ 34"