Stableford point system tourny

Carl Spackler2 ·  
Carl Spackler2Carl Spackler2 ZPMembers  250WRX Points: 79Handicap: +1Posts: 250 Greens
Is there a different approach to playing?
Hey guys, I am playing in a stableford tournament on friday for my highschool. I was just wondering if you guys have a different way of playing a stableford tournament or do you just play it like a normal tournament round?

Any advice is helpful!
Posted:
WITB 2019:

Callaway Epic Flash Sub 0 Driver
Callaway Rogue 3-wood
Callaway Apex MB 3-PW
Chrome 4 Wedges 52 & 56
Ping Anser No.5 Putter

Comments

• big_joebig_joe Members  180WRX Points: 0Posts: 180
    I have never played in any serious stableford tourney's except my local club's dogfight which is stableford based with a handicapping system in place.

The number one thing I can tell you is to always forget bad holes and limit your mistakes to bogey, (or whatever earns some points) that way you are still slowly earning some points.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • *sigh**sigh* Go Sun Devils! Members  862WRX Points: 55Posts: 862 Bunkers
    Ya, most stableford systems are set up so you can be a little more aggresive, some will reward you more for a under par score then they will hurt you for a bad score. Although depending on how the stable ford system is setup it can vary a lot. Some of them are pretty balanced, others really benefit under par scores, some only slightly benefit it. You will just have to see the point values and go from there.
    Posted:
  • DizzDizz J.W. Members  14258WRX Points: 2Posts: 14,258 Titanium Tees
    Make as many birdies as possible, I guess that should go without saying. I remember once shooting 70 in a stableford junior tournament and losing to a kid that shot 75. I knew going in what I needed to do and made 17 pars and a birdies which doesn't get it done with kids making a buncha bogeys and a buncha birdies.
    Posted:
    XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
    X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
    716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
    Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
    Cameron Napa California @ 34"
  • ohcanada17ohcanada17 Members  885WRX Points: 0Posts: 885
    shoot at the pin... bogey is your friend.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.