Nike Modern Tech Pants actually slim-fit?

I'm looking for slim fit golf pants, and I tried on some (IZOD Slim-Fit Performance Golf Pants and another brand at Macy's) and neither were actually slim fit and seemed more regular fit. So I am just curious if anyone owns the Nike Modern Tech Pants and has any thoughts they could give or even pics since it seems a lot of golf designated as 'slim' really are baggy and not even close to normal slim fit chinos you could buy at J Crew. or Ralph Lauren or just any other store for non-golf pants. Thanks.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='prorobo' timestamp='1448780397' post='12658334']
Ralph Lauren makes true slim fit pants (and shirts) in both the Polo and RLX lines if you're open to non-Nike.
[/quote]

I'm open to really anything, I'm particular about my apparel when it is non-golf, but I am having so much trouble finding true slim fit pants, I don't want what people consider skinny but what is real slim-fit sizing when it comes to chinos or khakis non-related to golf. From what it sounds Bonobos looks solid but is a expensive, I'll definitely look into RL.

edit: I was looking at RLX golf and was curious whats the name of the pants that you know of being slim fit? Thanks.

These are actually what I would consider "slim." Not skinny, and the leg openings are a bit wider than I'd prefer, but overall they give a nice silhouette. Not too tight, not baggy. Usually they are on sale for $30. I have six pairs, with two of the pairs being worn almost daily for over a year. Very little wear, still look great.

[url="http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1654979/fila-sport-golf-fitted-putter-golf-pants-men.jsp?color=Nine%20Iron"]http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1654979/fila-sport-golf-fitted-putter-golf-pants-men.jsp?color=Nine%20Iron[/url]

I'm with you on having a really hard time finding true slim fit pants! This is what I've found and play with myself:

- Calvin Klein has a "sports" collection, with polyester blend pants that are labeled "extreme slim fit". Sure, they are slim fit, but nothing extreme about them. My favourite golf pants, no question about it.

- Ralph Lauren / RLX Greens pants are what you are looking for.

- Peter Millar makes some nice slim fit pants. Try the Durham.

- J Lindeberg has nice ones too. However, I find some of their "slim fit" models way too loose, and prefer the "narrow fit".

- Don't know if you can get them in the US, but in Europe Nike sells something called the "Slim fit Chino", which is much more slim than the Modern Tech Pants.

Good to see there are more (struggling) style keepers out there. Keep it up!

Titleist TSr2 9* - Ventus Blue TR 6X

Titleist TS3 15* - Ventus Black 7X

Titleist TS2 18* - Ventus Black 8X

Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2i - Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist 620 MB 4-P - PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 Raw 52F / 56M / WW 60T

Nike 006 Rory Prototype

[quote name='EBG' timestamp='1448834215' post='12660380']
I'm with you on having a really hard time finding true slim fit pants! This is what I've found and play with myself:

- Calvin Klein has a "sports" collection, with polyester blend pants that are labeled "extreme slim fit". Sure, they are slim fit, but nothing extreme about them. My favourite golf pants, no question about it.

- J Lindeberg has nice ones too. However, I find some of their "slim fit" models way too loose, and prefer the "narrow fit".

- Don't know if you can get them in the US, but in Europe Nike sells something called the "Slim fit Chino", which is much more slim than the Modern Tech Pants.

[/quote]

RLX Greens are not slim fit. Have about 6 pairs and have had to have all of them tapered to make them slim.

Under Armour has their Match Play pants in a tapered leg option. I have found those to be a perfect fit for me and I was facing the same problem you are describing.

Taylormade M3 w/ Tensei CK White-70X
Taylormade SIM 5 wood w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black-80X
Sub 70 699u Pro 2 iron 17* w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black-90X
Mizuno MMC 4-6 w/ Dynamic Gold- X100

Mizuno MP20 7-PW w/ Dynamic Gold-X100
Mizuno MP T20 50*, 54*, 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S-400 
Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

They are, slim fit, just not tapered. That would be the Nike Sport Chino. It has a touch more room in the waist seat, but tapers. The Modern Tech are slimmer through the seat, thighs, but maintain that width.

I am small (5-8, 140 soaking wet) and own both. I prefer the modern tech, perfect fit, fabric is awesome, can wear up to 90 degrees.

Both great pants. I have the older modern tech with the v-notch, and the newer ones. The newer ones are actually a bit slimmer than the originals (originals had a back pocket flap and v-notch). I took the newer ones to the tailor for the v-notch, is a must. I own 8 pairs and have had 3 of them for 3 seasons now, still look fantastic.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

[quote name='EBG' timestamp='1448834215' post='12660380']

[/quote]
[quote name='Warrick' timestamp='1448835498' post='12660480']
They are, slim fit, just not tapered. That would be the Nike Sport Chino. It has a touch more room in the waist seat, but tapers. The Modern Tech are slimmer through the seat, thighs, but maintain that width.

I am small (5-8, 140 soaking wet) and own both. I prefer the modern tech, perfect fit, fabric is awesome, can wear up to 90 degrees.

Both great pants. I have the older modern tech with the v-notch, and the newer ones. The newer ones are actually a bit slimmer than the originals (originals had a back pocket flap and v-notch). I took the newer ones to the tailor for the v-notch, is a must. I own 8 pairs and have had 3 of them for 3 seasons now, still look fantastic.
[/quote]

I appreciate all the help guys. I'm not cheap though with the way prices for golf pants are I can't justify buying pants without making sure they are the right fit, I constantly read descriptions and even some reviews on some pants that are designated as slim and they turn out they really aren't, and a lot of the pictures are deceiving so its helpful to get real insight.

I know this may be a weird question but I was curious if either of you or anyone else has any pictures of the slim golf pants y'all have to be able to see if they really do match the pictures some of these companies post online.

The Nike Modern Tech are cut slim through the hips and thighs, but they're pretty baggy around the ankle. I just ordered a pair of Bonobos slim cut golf pants on Cyber Monday. Played in them this weekend and was very pleased. They fit great and looked good. They're probably my favorite golf pants right now already. I don't know that I would pay the normal $108+ for them, but if you can find a sale they're definitely worth as much as the Nike pants. THey offer a pretty decent discount 20 or 30% off for first time customers.

[quote name='tsl121' timestamp='1449504800' post='12690564']
The Nike Modern Tech are cut slim through the hips and thighs, but they're pretty baggy around the ankle. I just ordered a pair of Bonobos slim cut golf pants on Cyber Monday. Played in them this weekend and was very pleased. They fit great and looked good. They're probably my favorite golf pants right now already. I don't know that I would pay the normal $108+ for them, but if you can find a sale they're definitely worth as much as the Nike pants. THey offer a pretty decent discount 20 or 30% off for first time customers.
[/quote]

I just ordered yesterday from Bonobos, the Maide slim pants, I got to use the 30% off coupon code on already sale items so with that it was $70. Just curious how much did you pay for yours?

Bonobos, RLX and other top end fashion brands are fairly pricy. If you're on a budget, go to Kohls or Nike outlet and get some golf pants on sale and take them to your local tailor. I bought a few Fila pants at Kohls and a few Modern Tech's at Nike outlet. I had the tailor take in the pants to the measurements of an urban slim chino from J Crew. Tailoring for me was $10/pair. I ended up spending $50 at the tailor but considering I bought the pants at 1/4 of the retail price, I'd say its worth it. All my golf pants fit just like my favorite slim cut chinos.

Stealth Plus 7.5* Accra TZ5 M5 65

Sim Ti 14* Fuji Speeder TR 757x

Titleist Tsr2 18* Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 8x

Mizuno 223 4-PW PX  LS 6.5

SM9 50/12F, 54/10S, 60/12D PX Wedge 6.5

Bettinardi Queen B 10 Blackout Stability Tour

[quote name='mcuba' timestamp='1449506614' post='12690706']
Bonobos, RLX and other top end fashion brands are fairly pricy. If you're on a budget, go to Kohls or Nike outlet and get some golf pants on sale and take them to your local tailor. I bought a few Fila pants at Kohls and a few Modern Tech's at Nike outlet. I had the tailor take in the pants to the measurements of an urban slim chino from J Crew. Tailoring for me was $10/pair. I ended up spending $50 at the tailor but considering I bought the pants at 1/4 of the retail price, I'd say its worth it. All my golf pants fit just like my favorite slim cut chinos.
[/quote]

Thanks good to know, I've actually have been wearing an old pair of J Crew urban slim chinos while playing golf, which is why I have been trying to find some golf pants since normal chinos or khakis aren't comfortable on the course