Scotty Cameron Newport Circle T "Saltire" Pics

Kalapani Way ·  
Kalapani WayKalapani Way Members  186WRX Points: 0Posts: 186
Hello Gentlemen, just thought I'd share some before and after studio refurb photos of Thomas Bjorn's Newport Tour Saltire. Authentication # A-012547 though it doesn't yet show up on the SC listing of his authenticated putters. Maybe because it was created on 10 Sep 08 and hasn't been entered into the data base just yet.

image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' /> The Cameron studio does remarkable work!!

Please enjoy and best of the best wishes from your friend in Pattaya Thailand!

Ciao "Wan"
Posted:

Comments

• One_Putt_BlunderOne_Putt_Blunder Members  10835WRX Points: 256Posts: 10,835 Titanium Tees
    wow!!!!!! I remember the original post on that one. That putter came out looking great image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />
    Posted:
    [twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
    10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
    14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
    18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
    RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
    Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
    Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
    WITB Link
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • scottyallanbscottyallanb Berkley High School Golf Coach Members  1735WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,735
    Great looking putter!! Great putter to have in the collection.

Scotty B
    Posted:
  • TM golf guyTM golf guy Members  9985WRX Points: 1Posts: 9,985 Titanium Tees
    Outstanding looking putter. What is the head weight?
    Posted:
  • Viking Golfer Viking Golfer Viking Golfer hitting IRON! ClubWRX  4141WRX Points: 1Posts: 4,141 Bunkers
    Thomas Bjørn's putter with a Scottish flag........................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........................I'm skeptical about this one image/glare.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />
    Posted:
  • Kalapani WayKalapani Way Members  186WRX Points: 0Posts: 186
    ClubHoUno wrote on Sep 27 2008, 12:03 PM:
    Thomas Bjørn's putter with a Scottish flag........................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........................I'm skeptical about this one image/glare.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />

I can understand your skepticism; a Dane with a Scottish flag! But that simply adds to the web of mystery perhaps. Maybe I can find

out the rest of this story.

It's 100% authentic SC though, no doubt about that!

Ciao "Wan"
    Posted:
  • mat562mat562 My ex had an irrational phobia of salad cream. Honestly. Members  10967WRX Points: 198Posts: 10,967 Titanium Tees
    Some sort of reference to his win at Loch Lomond back in '96?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • One_Putt_BlunderOne_Putt_Blunder Members  10835WRX Points: 256Posts: 10,835 Titanium Tees
    mat562 wrote on Sep 26 2008, 11:16 PM:
    Some sort of reference to his win at Loch Lomond back in '96?

Again Mat562 comes out of nowhere with his ridiculous golf history knowledge (sp)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Life_Loch_Lomond
    Posted:
    [twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
    10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
    14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
    18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
    RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
    Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
    Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
    WITB Link
  • mat562mat562 My ex had an irrational phobia of salad cream. Honestly. Members  10967WRX Points: 198Posts: 10,967 Titanium Tees
    It was a bit of an obscure one mate but it seemed to make sense given the putter model and the stampings etc.

If I remember rightly he was playing some sort of SC putter about that time when they were still a relative rarity in Europe (a long-neck Scottydale I think) so it all makes sense.

At least in my mind it does... image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />

Edit: Forgot to add: Nice putter!
    Posted:
  • Kalapani WayKalapani Way Members  186WRX Points: 0Posts: 186
    This might help those of whom are skeptical.

Ciao "Wan"
    Posted:
  • 502 to Right502 to Right Badds Members  8110WRX Points: 2Handicap: 8.3Posts: 8,110 Titanium Tees
    Well, can't argue it wasn't made for Thomas Bjorn now. Only thing left to discover is why the Scottish flag--although I think Mat may have already cracked that one.
    Posted:
  • Viking Golfer Viking Golfer Viking Golfer hitting IRON! ClubWRX  4141WRX Points: 1Posts: 4,141 Bunkers
    Kalapani Way wrote on Sep 27 2008, 01:22 PM:
    This might help those of whom are skeptical.

Ciao "Wan"

Congrats on your nice putter, Wan image/ok.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />

Just doubted it could be Thomas Bjørn's - but as Mat says, it could have been made for him after his first European Tour victory at Loch Lomond in 1996.

Still would find it funny to have a Scottish flag on my putter as a Dane - don't think it could ever haven been the putter he used on Tour.

Think Scotty may have made it for him after his victory and then Thomas just sold it to a Scotty collector image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

This was around the time, where Scotty started to become VERY popular as a putter craftsman and designer..........
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.