I got my Copper Circa 3 back!

jtitleist12 ·  
jtitleist12jtitleist12 Members  3131WRX Points: 245Posts: 3,131 Titanium Tees
I sold this putter over this past winter and just got it back in a trade through a great WRXer! (Thanks Ken!)

I polished it up with a little Flitz and wanted to post some pics. Let me know what you think.

-Josh

Posted:

Comments

• w8liftrw8liftr w8lifting, club swinging, Metal Monster!!! ClubWRX  2258WRX Points: 62Posts: 2,258 Platinum Tees
    Very nice.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • gjf007gjf007 Members  371WRX Points: 0Posts: 371
    +1 image/kewlpics.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':man_in_love:' />
    Posted:
  • mk920mk920 Members  330WRX Points: 0Posts: 330
    Sweet lookin' flat stick~~~~
    Posted:
  • tobybeartobybear Members, Media Staffer  1502WRX Points: 95Posts: 1,502 Platinum Tees
    where would you get that done? after see that pics im very interested in getting my circa #1 done that way.
    Posted:
  • jtitleist12jtitleist12 Members  3131WRX Points: 245Posts: 3,131 Titanium Tees
    George Palombi (geogolf on WRX) did the copper plate finish on this one!
    Posted:
  • jaskanskijaskanski Members  9250WRX Points: 10Posts: 9,250 Titanium Tees
    That looks soooo nice! Trouble is, if I had one I'd probably keep drooling over it and ruin the finish... image/man_in_love.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':man_in_love:' />
    Posted:

Advertisement
    jaskanski wrote on Sep 7 2008, 05:09 PM:
    That looks soooo nice! Trouble is, if I had one I'd probably keep drooling over it and ruin the finish... image/man_in_love.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':man_in_love:' />

Nah..you'd be ok. You can't ruin copper. Just clean it back up with some copper polish!
    Posted:
  • sharkharksharkhark Members  1691WRX Points: 129Posts: 1,691 Platinum Tees
    exceptional...love that model...been thinking of getting one....love that copper look...very very cooldrool.
    Posted:
  • nutzfourgolfnutzfourgolf Members  177WRX Points: 60Posts: 177 Fairways
    Quite a looker you have there! Now I have another putter project to add to my list! LOL!
    Posted:
  • mac94mac94 Banned  6321WRX Points: 1Posts: 6,321 BST Banned
    Nice!
    Posted:
  • scottyallanbscottyallanb Berkley High School Golf Coach Members  1735WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,735
    Very Nice!!!

Scotty B
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • kencanuckkencanuck Some one please remind me why I play this game!! ClubWRX  1432WRX Points: 107Posts: 1,432 ClubWRX
    ****, that looks good! What did you use to clean it again? Clearly back where it belongs!! image/partytime2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':man_in_love:' />

Ken
    Posted:
    Hmm...Today the bag will be...<br /><br />Epic SZ - M1 440 - F7+ w/ Some Shaft from the Collection<br /><br />F7+ w/ Fubuki ZT or 16* 3446-f-Matrix 8M2<br /><br />Cobra Baffler w/ HZRD<br /><br />Machine M2A Long Neck SS Copper Insert Hand Peened - Seemore Giant M1t (when I can stand to look down at it!)<br /><br />Mizuno MP-55 & MP-5 w/ SF 110 CW & Mizzy T7's<br /><br />SRIXON 765/965 5-PW w SF i95 Stiff
  • QWKDTSNQWKDTSN Dreaming of Bandon Members  2999WRX Points: 3Posts: 2,999 Titanium Tees
    Love it!!
    Posted:
    kencanuck wrote on Sep 8 2008, 12&#58;29 AM:
    ****, that looks good! What did you use to clean it again? Clearly back where it belongs!! image/partytime2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':man_in_love:' />

Ken

Ken,

I hand polished it with a soft rag and Flitz copper polish!
    Posted:
  • AsleepAsleep Marshals  9056WRX Points: 4Posts: 9,056 Marshals
    Verrry pretty!
    Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font]
  • patrickw25patrickw25 Members  674WRX Points: 0Posts: 674
    Hmm, didn't take you long to put back up for sale...or was this thread just a good ol' "pump-and-dump"???
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Bobcat43Bobcat43 ClubWRX  1784WRX Points: 118Posts: 1,784 Platinum Tees
    patrickw25 wrote on Sep 10 2008, 03&#58;48 PM:
    Hmm, didn't take you long to put back up for sale...or was this thread just a good ol' "pump-and-dump"???

+1

You always try to build demand before releasing the product.

I always love putters that nobody has ever used on the course. But unfortunately that's the first place I take mine. image/coolpics.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':man_in_love:' />
    Posted:
  • onehitahonehitah Members  169WRX Points: 0Posts: 169
    patrickw25 wrote on Sep 10 2008, 12&#58;48 PM:

Ha oh well. That thing sure a beauty though. Whew.
    Posted:
  • BDLzBDLz DON'T DRINK THE KOOL AID! Members  1117WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,117
    patrickw25 wrote on Sep 10 2008, 02&#58;48 PM:

Not only that but it seems you might be "fibbing" in your BST ad that it has only been used indoors. If you just got this thing back from another WRXer, how do you know where it's been used?

BDLz
    Posted:
    patrickw25 wrote on Sep 10 2008, 03&#58;48 PM:

No pump and dump at all. I just have too much stuff right now and I want to only keep the putters that I plan to use.

Just the way it is for a putter ho who has bought and sold over 30 putters since last year! image/busted2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':good:' />
    Posted:
    BDLz wrote on Sep 10 2008, 04&#58;48 PM:
    patrickw25 wrote on Sep 10 2008, 02&#58;48 PM:

Not only that but it seems you might be "fibbing" in your BST ad that it has only been used indoors. If you just got this thing back from another WRXer, how do you know where it's been used?

BDLz

The WRXer I sold it to over the winter kept it inside and never used it. He has integrity and I have done multiple deals with him, so I am inclined to believe him. No fibbing. Look at the pictures, it's flawless.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • 502 to Right502 to Right Badds Members  8110WRX Points: 2Handicap: 8.3Posts: 8,110 Titanium Tees
    I've dealt with JTitleist in the past and he's been a good guy both here and at Puttertalk. He buys and sells a lot of putters like a lot of us do so I see no alterior motive in this thread. He's also sold several putters at a loss (from what I can tell) so it's not like he's profiteering.

It is not at all uncommon for people to love a putter one day and sell the next. With ebay, golfwrx and puttertalk it makes it very easy to buy and then sell which only makes it more likely people will change their minds overnight.
    Posted:
  • Viking Golfer Viking Golfer Viking Golfer hitting IRON! ClubWRX  4141WRX Points: 1Posts: 4,141 Bunkers
    Beauuuuuuuutilful image/wub.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':good:' />

Will the finish rust - how durable is the finish, and what did the finish job co$t you ?
    Posted:
    ClubHoUno wrote on Sep 11 2008, 11&#58;48 AM:
    Beauuuuuuuutilful image/wub.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':good:' />

Will the finish rust - how durable is the finish, and what did the finish job co$t you ?

Claus,

The finish is extremely durable and will not be affected by the elements, fertilizers, etc. and will develop a patina over time that will "darken" the putter head just like a well aged penny!

The great thing about copper is you can polish it up with a product such as Flitz and bring it back to shiny new.

-Josh
    Posted:
  • cloudlxcloudlx Members  1031WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,031
    VERY perty!
    Posted:
  • hackhack Members  719WRX Points: 60Posts: 719 Bunkers
    looks great!! what is the cost for getting the copper finish?
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • oks871oks871 Members  898WRX Points: 87Posts: 898 Golden Tee
    nice lookin putter.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.