BOS (Black Oxide Service)

redbird59 ·  
redbird59redbird59 Members  61WRX Points: 67Posts: 61 Bunkers
Q's for those who have done it.
I want to get a Satin Black on a Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2. Was wondering how durable this finish is. Does it scratch, or wear off over time. Does it rust? How much maintenance is needed to maintain the satin black finish?

I have searched the forums, and no one really goes into any depth or detail on how well the finish lasts. If you guys have any input, or can post any pictures of your BOS putters after some use I would really appreciate that. Thanks.
Posted:

Comments

• ShawnShawn Golf Fitness Shawn Members  310WRX Points: 0Handicap: 7.1Posts: 310
    I have a SS with the same finish and it has held up pretty well, but the sole is the place that it has worn a little. I would recomend it. Looks great
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • six8guysix8guy Members  275WRX Points: 0Posts: 275
    Check with Kevin Colbert at Colbert Putter Plating. He specializes in putters and does outstanding work for very reasonable prices. He is currently refinishing a Scotty Cameron SS Newport Beach 1.5 and a Von's 398 putter for me. He also has a brand new dark stainless finish he offers as an alternative to the matte black oxide finish.

Pictures of new dark stainless finish: http://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157606974718428/show/

Link to his website: http://www.putterplating.com/default.asp

Mike image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />
    Posted:
  • Oakwoods CCOakwoods CC Members  125WRX Points: 55Posts: 125 Bunkers
    I had my studio desisgn newport 2 done by BOS in that finish and it has held up very well but starting to show some scratches now after about 7 months but it looks great and for only about 60 bucks including shipping both ways you will be pleased.

i can send pics if youd like

Jason
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.