GolfWRX is revolutionizing Gear Trials, and we need testers!

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1450449401' post='12735324']
[quote name='knudson81' timestamp='1450410148' post='12734336']
I know Pure, uncalled for. I, and 99% of the members, know you would do a great job reporting your findings to the rest of the site just like you always do. I personally know J13 and have followed you for years, so I know you two would kill it if you were picked. I agree that guys like that drive great members away and that is just sad.

I hope I am picked, but if not I will be following closely to see all the results! Going to be very, very cool.
[/quote]

Appreciate the kind words brotha. There are a lot of great members here to choose from but posts like the guy above are just sad and a poison on the board.

Good luck to those who are going to the GT!! Look forward to seeing all the results from you guys!
[/quote]
Drama on GolfWRX? Say it isn't so! :)

The ones complaining have to give some of the "old guys" like us some credit. We've been around for a long time and frankly, the WRX braintrust trusts us for some crazy reason. J13, knudson, Pure and a bunch of other guys have been here through thick and thin. The fact of the matter is, it comes in waves. For a couple years there I was testing everything under the sun because my reputation had become established and I had become a good citizen. Then it stopped to give other guys a chance. But on some of these you need a quick review and a "go-to" guy. Sometimes you need an established stick. Sometimes you need a 20+ (like me) to give another perspective. And picking guys is harder than it looks. Trust me: I had to do it once and it took a while to select a few and it doesn't come down to just asking either.

The best advice I can give is to continue to stick around and add VALUE to a thread. One day it'll happen you'll get picked for a trip or product reviews.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='highergr0und' timestamp='1450410989' post='12734390']
[quote name='goobers80' timestamp='1450404403' post='12734024']
[color=#800080]That woulds be good , as i sign up for things to test but i know i will never be chosen being a female.[/color]
[/quote]

Gheez..... You're probably a better player than more than 90% of the members of this site. You should be able to go!!
[/quote]

90%??? I bet she could whoop close to almost anyone on here that don't play for a living. Goobers would probably be one of my first picks if I were a captain in some WRX Ryder Cup match.

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='joey2aces' timestamp='1450469894' post='12736780'][quote name='highergr0und' timestamp='1450410989' post='12734390']
[color=#800080]That woulds be good , as i sign up for things to test but i know i will never be chosen being a female.[/color]
[/quote]

Gheez..... You're probably a better player than more than 90% of the members of this site. You should be able to go!!
[/quote]

90%??? I bet she could whoop close to almost anyone on here that don't play for a living. Goobers would probably be one of my first picks if I were a captain in some WRX Ryder Cup match.[/quote]
I'd take goobers straight up. She's got game. She's a really good stick.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

[quote name='joey2aces' timestamp='1450469894' post='12736780']
[quote name='highergr0und' timestamp='1450410989' post='12734390']
[/quote]

[/quote]

90%??? I bet she could whoop close to almost anyone on here that don't play for a living. Goobers would probably be one of my first picks if I were a captain in some WRX Ryder Cup match.
[/quote]

Lol.... I said more than 90%..... Kind of depends on how many people are actually telling the truth about how good they are.... We know she's legit!!

[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1450043480' post='12715692']
We will be sending invites out to the out of town members [b]this next week[/b] so there is plenty of time to arrange travel.

Please remember for all of the members that can commute to send us an email.

We have had an overwhelming response to this event so far. Very exciting.
[/quote]

So will the invitees know by today or the next week? (Trying to make other travel plans as well with my fingers crossed!)

Mizuno STG 440/Kai'li Blue 70x

Mizuno MP 650 9.5*/ Cinnamon 75-X
Mizuno MP Metal Ti (JDM) 18*/ Blueboard ION 83x
Adams Red 20*/ AxivRed 104x

MP 55 4-PW/MP 53 3i/Recoil 125 Prototype
MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)/ DG X7 GRIPMASTER Roo Grips

Mizuno T11 50, 56,60/Recoil 125 Prototype
Mizuno T5 50,56,60/ Black Chrome S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34" Custom Shop Blue Paint and Jackpot Johnny Cover
All riding on a blue Clicgear 3.5+

[quote name='GolfWRX' timestamp='1449827239' post='12707362']
We probably spend more time talking about Gear Trials than anything else we do at GolfWRX. We can't help it. The processes of testing, tweaking and buying new golf equipment is one of the many reasons we love this game so much. We know that fascination will never leave us, like the permanent calluses on our hands. It's just the way we are.

What's so special about GolfWRX is that we're not alone. GolfWRX is a place where millions of golfers get to talk to other golfers who are, in so many ways, just like them. As people in the golf business often tell us, [b]"You always know when you're talking to a GolfWRXer."[/b]

The power of our community was on our minds when we were discussion the 2016 Gear Trials: Best Drivers club test. The last two years, we've focused on the feedback from the top custom golf club fitters in North America to create a list of the best-performing clubs in each category. As good as it worked, we couldn't help but feel a bit disconnected from our community each year when we published our results. GolfWRXers had so many questions, and while we did our best to answer them, it didn't feel like enough.

The good news? We had a crazy idea, and after talking it through with industry experts we've decided to go forward with it.

For 2016, we're going to have GolfWRX Members be our Gear Trials: Best Drivers testers. We're going to handpick 15 of them -- the most golf-crazy, passionate GolfWRXers we can find who meet our criteria -- for this unprecedented event.

[attachment=3062516:best-drivers-2016-681x507.png]

Testing will takes place on February 6, 2016 from 8 a.m., to 6 p,m., and will be hosted by Miles of Golf in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Its master club fitters will oversee the most objective, transparent driver test we could possibly design.

Each of the 15 GolfWRXers will be systematically fit by Miles of Golf's expert fitters for the leading drivers. They'll hit real golf balls on Trackman, and at the end of the day they'll know what shaft, what head and what setting worked best for each of them. Best of all, each player's data will be published for all to see.

[b]IT'S GOING TO CHANGE THE WAY WE TALK ABOUT DRIVERS ON GOLFWRX, AND THAT'S THE POINT.[/b]

Who's coming? Of the 15 GolfWRX testers, we're asking that 7-8 be able to provide their own transportation (a.k.a. live within driving distance of Ypsilanti) for the event, and we're going to pay the way for the others to fly in from around the country.

[b][size=5]Requirements[/size][/b]

Testers will need to carry a handicap of 10 or less, and will get bonus points if they have been fit for a driver before. If they have not been fit for a driver, they need to be willing to go through a fitting before the event.

Each tester will also need to be in "golf shape," as they could hit as many as 200 balls in the 10-hour event. Note that each player's testing will be broken up into several sessions with ample recovery periods in between.

We also need testers to bring their "gamer" driver, as well as clubs to warm up with before the event.

[b][size=5]So you want to be a part of 2016 Gear Trials?[/size][/b]

We will be sending invitations to select out-of-towners, but we are also looking for firm commitments for GolfWRX Members [b]who can commute[/b] to be with us from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday February 6, with a massive dinner to follow.

If interested in being a 2016 Gear Trials: Best Drivers Tester and [b]can commute,[/b] please send an email to [email protected] and add your member name, post count and join date.[list]
[*][b]Where: [/b]Miles of Golf (in Ypsilanti, Michigan)
[*][b]When:[/b] Saturday February 6th, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Out-of-towners will arrive Friday February 5 and leave Saturday February 6 or Sunday February 7.
[*][b]What:[/b] 8-to-10 hours of testing. Breakfast and lunch provided. Dinner afterward.
[*][b]Who:[/b] 15 GolfWRX Members with handicaps of 10 or better.
[*][b]Why:[/b] Because this is how a GolfWRX Driver Test should be organized.
[/list]
[/quote]

I am local Oxford MI would love to be invited.

Brb refreshing PMs lol

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

I'd love to go if picked.
Swing speed 97-100

Thanks!
Ryan

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Shutting it down. We have hundreds of entries from locals that could drive and we also have to many great members for the out of towner options.

We are narrowing down the 15 picks (7-8 local and 7-8 out of town) and will be sending invites out by Wednesday of this week.

Couple of notes and FYI's...

We could not invite any Lefties (Hot Rod 71, MTLJeff, Lor Helmut, ThunderBuzzworth, etc). We could not coordinate getting all the heads in LH. We had at least 3 lefties that would have been asked. errrrrrr.

[u]For the locals that can commute-[/u] If you do [b]not[/b] get an invite yet showed interest I want to say thank you for applying. We received hundreds of emails and we got to a point where we had to essentially draw names since there are so many equals. We also had to consider a balance for swing speeds. We looked for active members with no or low rules violations also. Most of the locals that we picked had well over 100 posts. That being said it was and is still difficult to pick from a very equal field.

[u]As for the out of town peeps-[/u] We surveyed our team here and our moderators. We also kept an eye on this thread as well as emails that were mixed in with the entries for the locals. We again struggled to pick from all the names. We have over 200,000 members and in that over 10,000 "advanced members" with over 250 posts. Tried to pick testers that are not "yes men" and are respected by our members for being true as well as opinionated. We were looking for very active members in good standing.

Again thank you all for showing interest. While we knew we had something special with the new format we were caught be surprise when the emails poured in.

Testing will take place on February 6, 2016 from 8 a.m., to 6 p,m., and will be hosted by Miles of Golf in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Its master club fitters will oversee the most objective, transparent driver test we could possibly design.

Each of the 15 GolfWRXers will be systematically fit by Miles of Golf’s expert fitters for the leading drivers. They’ll hit real golf balls on Trackman, and at the end of the day they’ll know what shaft, what head and what setting worked best for each of them. Best of all, each player’s data will be published for all to see.

We will post live that day and after publish the results.

[attachment=3072968:best-drivers-2016-681x507.png]