How much prize money

nuffy12nuffy12 Jr. Boomers Posts: 150
and whats the entry fee
Hi guys i just wanted to know how much prize money you guys play for in each compition. I've got one at the weekend which is £250 1st £100 2nd (gross). And the entry fee is £12. So almsost $450 , $175 and $20 entry fee equivalent for you guys in US.

Thanks Nathan

Comments

• ScottWS33ScottWS33 Up and down for par Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,379
    That's a lot of prize money Nathan. I live in North of Scotland and we are roughly £50 for a one round event and £80 for a two round event with entry fees of about £10.
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 9° (set to 10°) w/ Speeder 565 Stiff
    Titleist 910F 17° (set to 16.25°) w/ MFT Kai'li 75 Stiff
    Titleist 913H 21° (set to 20.25°) w/ Diamana S+ 82HY Stiff
    Titleist AP2 4-9 w/ XP 95 S300
    Vokey SM4 46°, 52°, 56°, 60°
    Scotty Cameron GoLo S 34"
  • nuffy12nuffy12 Jr. Boomers Posts: 150
    edited Feb 23, 2006 #3
    Well i guess it is a big comp but it is just to start the season off. I suppose it is a bit less during the middle of season. And most of the time its in pro shop vouchers but im not sure about the weekend. When the entry fee is small its about £3 so the prize money is a bit less but it depends on how many people play.And this weeekend its a two day.
  • Missinglink08Missinglink08 Account Hold Posts: 375
    In the U.S junior competitors can't compete for prize money!!!! we can recieve gifts from the tournament before the round but we can't play for money!!!
  • greenmachine0227greenmachine0227 Members Posts: 303
    Where I live in the U.S. we can accept prize money, but for the restricted high school eligability standards that we have to follow, we can only accept $100 in cash or value from August- July (i.e. what they deem a "school calendar year"). We basically enter tournaments and if we finish in the money, it gets contributed back into the general tournament fund and distributed back out to the other competitiors.

Now as far as having expenses paid, there are some pretty crazy channels that money has to go through and only the best junior golfers will ever see any of it. Money has to be sent to state or regional golf headquarters (i.e. the PNGA where I live) and then distributed out through there. The only problem with that is that if a family friend of mine wanted to contribute money they would have to send money to the office and then I would have to get lucky and have the office volunteer that money to me. Money sent for paying for junior golf expenses can't be earmarked for a certain person. It makes it difficult for anyone but the upper tier players to get any financial help. It's a very crazy rule. We'd be better off if they said, "no prize money what so ever and no paid expenses."
  • animalisticanimalistic 7th Hole Ballybunion !! Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,235
    greenmachine0227 wrote on Feb 23 2006, 11:15 PM:

Where I live in the U.S. we can accept prize money, but for the restricted high school eligability standards that we have to follow, we can only accept $100 in cash or value from August- July (i.e. what they deem a "school calendar year"). We basically enter tournaments and if we finish in the money, it gets contributed back into the general tournament fund and distributed back out to the other competitiors.

Now as far as having expenses paid, there are some pretty crazy channels that money has to go through and only the best junior golfers will ever see any of it. Money has to be sent to state or regional golf headquarters (i.e. the PNGA where I live) and then distributed out through there. The only problem with that is that if a family friend of mine wanted to contribute money they would have to send money to the office and then I would have to get lucky and have the office volunteer that money to me. Money sent for paying for junior golf expenses can't be earmarked for a certain person. It makes it difficult for anyone but the upper tier players to get any financial help. It's a very crazy rule. We'd be better off if they said, "no prize money what so ever and no paid expenses."

WTF??????? image/crazy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> image/crazy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
  • Cameron Circle TCameron Circle T The Doc Junior Mod Squad Posts: 2,210 ✭✭
    USGA regulates all of the United States amateur rules. The USGA prevents anyone from receiving any compensation for anything related to golf winnings, or endorsement of a product. I.E. you cannot receive compensation if you are advertising for a product that you play as well you cannot win any money in any tournament whatsoever. And the NCAA goes even further with that in that you can no longer directly receive any clubs from manufacturers all clubs, balls etc. must be sent through your coach once you are enrolled at a college and on their team. Otherwise forfeiture of your amateur status as well as your NCAA eligibility occurrs. Kinda sux, but I'll just have a busy coach next yr. lol.
  • I live in Washington and we compete for scholarship money, first place is usually $100-$200 and it goes down for the top 10 to about $20.

mike
  • greenmachine0227greenmachine0227 Members Posts: 303
    lhsgolfer2 wrote on Feb 23 2006, 08:42 PM:

I live in Washington and we compete for scholarship money, first place is usually $100-$200 and it goes down for the top 10 to about $20.

mike

I play in the same tournaments and I'm pretty sure this is one of the few ways junior golfers can actually win "money." I wish that a few more tournaments would get scheduled soon.
  • nuffy12nuffy12 Jr. Boomers Posts: 150
    edited Feb 26, 2006 #10
    Over here in UK i think R&A say that £500 is the max or you have to give up amateur status. I'm pretty sure it is the same for juniors.
    Post edited by Unknown User on