Amateurs with Staff Bags...Yes or No?(merged)

[indent][color=black][size=2]

[size="3"][color="black"][color="black"][font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"][color="black"][size=3]The Acu-Strke Training System gives you[/size][/color][/color][/color][/size][/font][/size][/color][color=black][size=2]

[size="3"][color="black"][font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"][color="black"][font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"][color="black"][size=3]instant feedback on where your club head hits the ball[/size][/color][/color][/color][/size][/font][/font][/size][/color][color=black][size=2]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=3]
[size="3"][color="black"][font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"][color="black"][font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"][color="black"]by leaving a dark mark on our special fabric mat[/color][/color][/color][/size][/font][/size][/font][/font][/size][/color][color=black][size=2]

[size="3"][color="black"][font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"][color="black"][font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"][color="black"]allowing you to instantly correct your swing.[/color][/color][/color][/size][/font][/size][/font][size=3]
[size="3"][color="black"][font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"][color="black"][font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"][color="black"][size=3]Amazing and so simple[/size] [font=arial, helvetica][size=3]![/size][/color][/color][/font][/color][/size][/font][/size][/font][/font][/size][/color][color=black][size=2]

[/size][/color][color=black][size=2]

[size=3]
[size="3"][color="black"][color="black"][font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"][color="black"]GET YOUR FREE GIFT SET w [size=3]/[font="Times New Roman"] order[/size][/color][/color][/font][/color][/size][/font][/size][/size][/color][color=black][size=2]

[size="3"][color="black"][font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"][color="black"][font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"][color="black"]Free Leather Cabretta Glove[/color][/color][/color][/size][/font][/size][/font][/font][/size][/color][color=black][size=2]

[size="3"][color="black"][font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"][color="black"][font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"][color="black"]3 Tournament Play Pro Velocity 1 Balls[/color][/color][/color][/size][/font][/size][/font][/font][/size][/color][color=black][size=2]

[size="3"][color="black"][font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"][color="black"][font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"][color="black"]A box of 12 tees, 2 Ball Markers and 1 Divot Tool [/color][/color][/color][/size][/font][/size][/font]
[/font][/size][/color][/indent][color=black][size=2]

[/size][/color]

[quote name='dhartmann34' timestamp='1437612623' post='12003210']
I don't care either way. We do tend to chuckle at guys with big staff bags and egos....when they take 10 practice swings and the real goes 15 yards though. I wouldn't want to have to carry one around though.
[/quote]

so you do care then,.....

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

Who cares. Use a 10+ year old basic black C130, but that's just me. But.....if I ever find a minty one of these bad boys, will be rolling with it. Loud and Proud:

[attachment=2900830:IMG_20130327_105339_587_zps4bd6bbe2.jpg]

Note to NRJyzr (if you view this post): I stole your pic. Hope you don't mind. Really like that bag of yours.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Halebopp' timestamp='1438857616' post='12088130']
[quote name='Zephyr' timestamp='1438229354' post='12045894']
[quote name='dhartmann34' timestamp='1437612623' post='12003210']
I don't care either way. We do tend to chuckle at guys with big staff bags and egos....when they take 10 practice swings and the real goes 15 yards though. I wouldn't want to have to carry one around though.
[/quote]

Has anybody truly watched someone walk a course with a staff bag? I haven't but I guess I'd love to watch that guy try to do it or I might be a little frightened by a guy who can and is willing to do so, especially in our summers down here. I put mine on my push cart and love it. I guess I have a stand bag to sell if someone wants it.
[/quote]

Last Tuesday I saw a guy carrying the Mizuno Tour Cart bag on the course with the single shoulder strap going over his head. My first thought was the poor guy should've bought the Tour Elite (staff) bag as that comes with two shoulder straps like a traditional carry bag.

The guy he was playing with was carrying his bag from the front handle - that looked like an even worse way to carry. A couple of minutes later we heard their tee shots and those sounds pretty much proved that they must have been beginners.
[/quote]

Or too tired to swing the club properly

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Leftygilmore' timestamp='1441423538' post='12266240'] I said no only because I've walked up and asked too many golfers "so what tour are you on?" and 95% of the time, its no tour, I just like a big staff bag. IT just leads to an awkward starring contest. **Foot in mouth** [/quote]

Well, stop being passive-aggressive about their choice of bag and it won't be an awkward staring contest.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like tour bags are a lot more common over here with push carts. I think they're great for tournaments and carrying everything you need, but I'm not opposed to using a stand or pencil bag for a quick trip round the links.

Cobra LTD X LS 10.5 RIP Phenom 70X

Callaway UW 19 Hzrdus Black 6.5 
Titleist T200 3i Hzrdus Black 6.5
Srixon Z745 4 & 5i KBS $-Taper X

Srixon Z-Forged 6-PW KBS $-Taper X
Cleveland Zipcore 50, 54, 58 
Evnroll ER5C 

• 1 month later...

I say anyone can do what they want. It's just a bag at the end of the day. It makes no difference to me. If they have their name on it with some sponsorship logos I might ask a few questions about what Tour they play on but that's about it. If they don't play on a tour...that's ok too- probably just a gift. Personally, I would never play a bag with someone else's name on it unless I was borrowing it one time.
Overall, I think they look really cool. I got one as a gift but have yet to take it out. It's just too pretty to be used:) At some point, I will fill it with that OEMs clubs for a fun back up bag. Until then, it is a fun show piece:)

Driver: PING G410 LST, Ping Tour 65X

3 Wood: PING G400, Project x EvenFlow Blue 75 6.5

3 Hybrid: PING G410, Ping Tour 85 X

Irons: Mizuno MP-5 (4-PW), Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: PING Glide (50SS, 54WS, 58ES), Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Ball: Taylormade TP5 (Pix or Yellow)

There are a few pros that play at my course frequently. One from the Canadian Tour (he also played the Nationwide Tour) and a couple of others that play on the mini tours (one has Monday Qualified for PGA events). One is endorsed by Srixon and the others are TM.

None of these guys show up with staff bags. They all use basic stand bags without embroidered names or logos. If you didn't know who they were, you would just think they are just a few regular customers.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Tensei AV Raw White 65X

PXG Gen 6 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

[quote name='Hot Rod 71' timestamp='1445602688' post='12495880']
There are a few pros that play at my course frequently. One from the Canadian Tour (he also played the Nationwide Tour) and a couple of others that play on the mini tours (one has Monday Qualified for PGA events). One is endorsed by Srixon and the others are TM.

None of these guys show up with staff bags. They all use basic stand bags without embroidered names or logos. If you didn't know who they were, [b]you would just think they are just a few regular customers.[/b]
[/quote]

Sounds like they [u]are[/u] just a few regular customers. I wouldn't use a staff bag. I also would not drive a Crown Victoria or wear Sans-A-Belt slacks.

PING Rapture ^10 driver

Callaway UW 19^

PING Anser Forged Irons 3-pw
PING Forged wedges
Wilson 8802 Putter

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Hot Rod 71' timestamp='1445602688' post='12495880']

None of these guys show up with staff bags. They all use basic stand bags without embroidered names or logos. If you didn't know who they were, you would just think they are just a few regular customers.
[/quote]

Jhonattan Vegas was a member at my last club. I saw him multiple times...with a Nike staff bag. He must be a hack.

• 2 weeks later...

You can't tell what kind of a player is by his bag or clubs.

Any player who walks and carries a staff bag is an idiot, or a really strong guy. I rarely see amateurs with staff bags unless they are riding. When playing casual golf most all
pro's use a smaller bag (they don't want to carry them either). We had the PGA Club Pro Championship at my home course several years ago and I can't recall seeing anyone lugging a Staff Bag. A number of these Pro's used to be on the tour and probably didn't have sponsors, and used local members to carry their bag.

I have a staff bag, use it to put extra clubs, works well for that. I do know a couple of club members who ride that use a staff bag, more power to them. Neither impresses me, nor depresses me. It is just a bag.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Guia' timestamp='1447571313' post='12600870']You can't tell what kind of a player is by his bag or clubs.

Any player who walks and carries a staff bag is an idiot, or a really strong guy. I rarely see amateurs with staff bags unless they are riding. When playing casual golf most all
pro's use a smaller bag (they don't want to carry them either). We had the PGA Club Pro Championship at my home course several years ago and I can't recall seeing anyone lugging a Staff Bag. A number of these Pro's used to be on the tour and probably didn't have sponsors, and used local members to carry their bag.

I have a staff bag, use it to put extra clubs, works well for that. I do know a couple of club members who ride that use a staff bag, more power to them. Neither impresses me, nor depresses me. It is just a bag.[/quote]

Walking with a staff bag is a bit ridiculous. Riding with one or using it with a push cart is okay.
Agree with what you said...it is just a bag.

Driver: PING G410 LST, Ping Tour 65X

3 Wood: PING G400, Project x EvenFlow Blue 75 6.5

3 Hybrid: PING G410, Ping Tour 85 X

Irons: Mizuno MP-5 (4-PW), Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: PING Glide (50SS, 54WS, 58ES), Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Ball: Taylormade TP5 (Pix or Yellow)

I have both staff bag and a stand bag, I normally bring the staff bag out when I am playing on tournaments, 90% of the time I am carrying my stand bag since I rather walk, I do have a clicgear cart so once in a while I put the staff bag on it...but I really don't care what others are carrying their clubs in...

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

• 3 weeks later...

Since the end of summer I've seen a lot of Scotty Cameron staff bags on the course. These of course are designed for amateurs, but way too flashy for me

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

Just ordered my new (staff) bag. Boss never got back to me about putting the company logo on it, so it'll just have my name on it.

It's also going to work great on my Clicgear. Looking forward to getting it in 3-4 weeks.

Are you going to use the Tour Bag Kit for the Clicgear?

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

Just ordered my new (staff) bag. Boss never got back to me about putting the company logo on it, so it'll just have my name on it.

It's also going to work great on my Clicgear. Looking forward to getting it in 3-4 weeks.

Are you going to use the Tour Bag Kit for the Clicgear?

Yes. I tested it with my current (10.5" 2001 Titleist) staff bag. That was a gift from my uncle, who got me started in the game. It worked great, but the slightly smaller bag should be easier for me to travel with.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a staff bag and have used it for 1 year now. I use the bag for intercontinental travel as it keeps the clubs safe and also has plenty of space for golf shoes and the rest of my crap.

When using on local courses I use with my R1 push cart. Perfect fit in my opinion.

Where the problems start is when I want to throw the clubs in the car for a quick round on the way home from work. The bag is too heavy to carry and I wouldn't even try.

For this reason I have ordered a stand bag and will switch between both depending on whether I want to use push trolley or carry.

My view is each to their own, I do not judge (in any case, I don't tend to look at other players kit, I'm usually too busy looking for my ball in the trees)...

The size and space of a tour bag is amazing but that's about where the luxury stops.

I have always felt that tour bags for amateurs (especially with their name on it) was simply tacky. Not sure why, maybe it's because I had to earn my bag with my name on it. Kinda feel like it is a luxury for being a professional.

No hate towards anyone who does use one, just not for me!

• 4 weeks later...