Am I the only one with a ZAAP putter out here?

Cowps ·  
CowpsCowps Members  7WRX Points: 0Posts: 7
Tommy Armour ZAAP putters
Funny....but I did a search on this site for "ZAAP" and there were zero findings!

I've had it since 1990 and it has seen many a good putt. But it is time to move on. But I thought I would check with anyone out here who may have one still, or knows if there is a small segment of the population who are collecting these perfectly balanced putters.

Any info would help!
Posted:

Comments

• yankees06yankees06 Members  1172WRX Points: 55Posts: 1,172 Platinum Tees
    i remember those putters, i was like 14, and the pro the course only had stuff that "fell" off a truck in utica. but i do remember them. can you post some pictures of your putter?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • CowpsCowps Members  7WRX Points: 0Posts: 7
    Sure...I'm always keeping extra pics of my clubs laying around!

I recall, some of the early ZAAP's had a sticker that said "ZAAP" instead of the engraving on the back of the putter. I believe that the engraving indicates a first year release...but not sure.

It came with a head cover, which I believe is some where in Myrtle Beach, in head cover heaven!
    Posted:
  • bruindukebruinduke Charter Members  867WRX Points: 99Posts: 867 Golden Tee
    I bagged a ZAPP in the early 90s and it was pretty deadly. As a starving student back in those days I didn't change equipment nearly as often. Not sure why I moved away from it. Always the thought of something more expensive also meant more holed putts. I think since it was in my bag for so long it became the standard of everything I looked for in a putter.

I still remember the ads in Golf Digest. It promised to get the ball rolling earlier and illustrations of a dotted line for some putters and a single solid line to prove the ZAPP roll. Still a great putter. I just have to dig it out of the bags in the garage...
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.