Studio Select - Taller Face

simpy19 ·  
simpy19simpy19 Members  648WRX Points: 131Posts: 648 Golden Tee
has anyone else noticed this? i was just wondering why cameron designed them this way since it moves away from the standard anser spec that has been out there forever.

having said that, i love the design b/c i have the tendency to contact putts much closer to the top line with the normal design. this gives me much better feel.

just curious if anyone knew any more specifics on this.

thanks
Posted:
Mizuno ST190 9.5*
Ping G410 17*
Ping i200 5-UW
Ping Glide 2.0 58 ES
Rife Brac
Mackenzie Ballistic Walker

Comments

• MG 1977MG 1977 Members  1649WRX Points: 62Posts: 1,649 Platinum Tees
    Can't say I've noticed it to tell you the truth but the're all 10g heavier than older models so maybe they had to be a little taller to get the extra weight in?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MchSt805MchSt805 Members  2101WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,101
    MG 1977 wrote on Oct 3 2008, 03:17 PM:
    Can't say I've noticed it to tell you the truth but the're all 10g heavier than older models so maybe they had to be a little taller to get the extra weight in?

The extra weight is all from the interchangeable sole weights. The face is a little higher on the toe side to aid in correct setup...aka, people have a tendency to think they're lined up flat but really the toe is in the air higher. With a higher toe of the Studio Selects, it looks normal to you, but the club is actually sitting square on the ground.
    Posted:
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Driver: Ping G30
    3-Wood: Exotics E8
    Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro
    Irons: TaylorMade R7
    Wedges: Scratch 1018
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Red X5[/font]
  • 50jay50jay J Lambert IG: @teammorebirdies Members  607WRX Points: 95Handicap: 2Posts: 607 Golden Tee
    Exactly^^

there is an explanation on Scotty's website:

http://www.scottycameron.com/putters/putterfamily.aspx?id=27

hope it helps

Jay
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.