Which Accessories Identify You As A Hacker?

So I'm down in Virginia playing with my wife's cousin at one of the DC area courses. The course is pretty crowded and we get paired with an Australian guy who is living in the area on a work assignment for a year. Well dressed, bag full of relatively new Ping clubs, very nice guy. Wife's cousin, who played #1 singles for UVA's Tennis team which was during his time there the #1 team in the nation, says to me "This guy looks like he will probably be a decent player". I took one look at him and said "I don't think so".

We get to the first tee and the Aussie puts one into the trees OB right and then tops one about 130 yards with the second try. Ends up picking up on the first hole after about 8 shots. Wife's cousin asks me how I knew, and I told him, "Brand new cheap golf shoes. No decent player is walking in bottom of the line shoes, and if they are they are beat to h*ll". He laughed and told me it was the exact same thing in tennis and he should've seen it himself.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real glad of where I live & play because we aren't judged like this.

I have a 24' ball retriever that has an orange cage that can hold 2 golf balls. Can't think of the manufacuer.

An old Ogio bag with the woddy system. The lining ripped out 3-4 years ago so I placed tubes in it---works better that the original set-up.

Have covers on every club in my bag.

Local course the only dress code is that you wear clothes.

At the end of the season I got down to a 7 handicap.

We're just havin fun Bro, lol

I'm one of the most non-judgemental judgemental guys you'll ever meet :)

I mean, take another look at that pic above of me in the friggin KISS hat....

Am I in ANY position to judge anyone, hahaha?

Stay Well My Friend :)

Happy New Year!!

Fairways & Greens 4ever,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Real glad of where I live & play because we aren't judged like this.

I have a 24' ball retriever that has an orange cage that can hold 2 golf balls. Can't think of the manufacuer.

An old Ogio bag with the woddy system. The lining ripped out 3-4 years ago so I placed tubes in it---works better that the original set-up.

Happy New Year!!

Fairways & Greens 4ever,

Richard

Richard my post was not in any way trying to reflect to any of your posts & I apologize to you for it. Makes me wish now I would have added something like "Richard this post is not a reflection on your posts". You are one of, if not the best contributor on WRX. Love the stories you tell and many times with your posts, you are trying to give some clarity to what people are going on about. Or at the least something else to think about.

Well better shut up. Starting to look like I am making you a candidate for sainthood.

Take care Richard & keep doing what you always do :superman2:

Ok, first, Madison took me to the local RW&Blue(think a nicer Goodwill) and let me just say that I came directly from the hospital and was higher than a kite....

This is the longest friggin ball retriever I've ever seen and I'm not kidding, it had to be 20-25', which, if ya think about it, whether ya go 25' out and down, or just 25' down, what are the odds of scoopin a ball with that at full extension?

Ok, Maddie said that I gave it wayyyyyy too much thought but for $2.99, I thought it was a steal, lol

The KISS hat was for MadGolfer but Maddie said that I was walkin home if I didn't put it back-

Women ;)

Ya gotta believe me, I didn't used to be this effed up :)

Fairways & Greens My Friends,

RP

Awesome hat! I have a Gene Simmons driver headcover, but would be totally out of character for me to take out on the course. Seems like it only fits 400 cc heads, for some reason. Simmons must be a gamer...

Bro, I think the Genester is like Arnie in that he'll put his name on anything as long as there is a remote chance of makin a buck, lol

I bet that's a wicked cover, lol

Hell, I'd rock it, lol

Go good with my iron covers and new über telescoping ball retriever-

I can't wait to show up to Play with Madison again, lmao

I've got these large plaid Sansabelt trow and a Munsingwear Penguin shirt, lol-

Happy New Year Bro :)

The Very Best to You and Yours!!

Always,

RP

Oh, Simmons is a bigger trademark machine than TM golf! It was much easier to be a fan before the information age took hold.

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

I play golf with two Surgeons that wear two gloves to protect their hands, and both are single digit golfers, that might save "your" life someday. Also, know a single digit golfer that uses iron head covers and carries a towel in his back pocket and employees 180 truck drivers across the country. I spose my point is, there are plenty of actual idiots and bad people in this world that do real harm.

I see no enjoyment in making fun of people because their choices are different or not like mine, and many are not hacks. I am NOT remotely PC either, just know fun from being an adolescent jerk.

• TSR2 10° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° Talamonti PD80R
  • T200 17' 2i Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 95S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 85S
  • T100 5i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

I play golf with two Surgeons that wear two gloves to protect their hands, and both are single digit golfers, that might save "your" life someday. Also, know a single digit golfer that uses iron head covers and carries a towel in his back pocket and employees 180 truck drivers across the country. I spose my point is, there are plenty of actual idiots and bad people in this world that do real harm.

I see no enjoyment in making fun of people because their choices are different or not like mine, and many are not hacks. I am NOT remotely PC either, just know fun from being an adolescent jerk.

Yes-we are having fun and no-we are not making fun of anyone in particular. As to your post the op said this "and that if you have them you are likely a hacker." No one said you are a hacker if you do these things. Here in Scottsdale it is likely that the driver of the lower end BMW or Lexus in front of you is a pretentious *****. But not all are. Many older Corvette owners....... ah never mind.

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

My mother in law is a devout church goer, holier than thou, knows what's best for everyone kind of person. She has been divorced 4 times. So there's that....

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

Yes-we are having fun and no-we are not making fun of anyone in particular. As to your post the op said this "and that if you have them you are likely a hacker." No one said you are a hacker if you do these things. Here in Scottsdale it is likely that the driver of the lower end BMW or Lexus in front of you is a pretentious *****. But not all are. Many older Corvette owners....... ah never mind.

I read the post... and got the "YOU". This is not like a frat... though some like to think that. :) LOL Your car example fell on its face, maybe for the same reason I said what I said. Good try though. I just hope readers actually read all the prepositions and such, and have thick skin. :beach:

• TSR2 10° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° Talamonti PD80R
  • T200 17' 2i Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 95S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 85S
  • T100 5i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

Real glad of where I live &amp; play because we aren't judged like this.

Happy New Year!!

Fairways & Greens 4ever,

Richard

Richard my post was not in any way trying to reflect to any of your posts & I apologize to you for it. Makes me wish now I would have added something like "Richard this post is not a reflection on your posts". You are one of, if not the best contributor on WRX. Love the stories you tell and many times with your posts, you are trying to give some clarity to what people are going on about. Or at the least something else to think about.

Well better shut up. Starting to look like I am making you a candidate for sainthood.

Take care Richard & keep doing what you always do :superman2:

No Bro, I was kiddin, lol

I don't know how to show that other than a smiley face

Madison always asks me why I put so many damn smiley faces cuz she says that I don't smile a fraction of that in real life(that's bulls***, I'm one happy son of a b**** considering, lmao) but it's so guys hopefully know I'm kidding-

You're one of the Classiest Guys on the board!!

Have a great day Bro :)

All the Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Oh, and not that it matters though I do take my covers off before the round in swats and tourneys cuz I use a caddy-

When I'd go out in the evening I'd grab a cart so I'd leave em on because I'd jump around the course and run between fairways and up and down bumpy terrain and no, I don't mind dings, gauges and wear from shots and Playing, however I don't look at bag chatter from em bouncing around as "building character," lol

Tossin a 6i 192yds to 6' builds character :)

Just my .01 worth

Stay Well Bros,

RP

192? Did you toe it a bit or something?

Bro, that was all I had, lmao, to an uphill elevated green(#5 478yd Par 4 @ Pgh Fleld Club if anyone knows it) our 5th sudden death hole in a BB Tourney and my Pro standin next to me chirpin, "Dude, I think it's a "light" 5," lmao-

I had to work OT to control my breathing, adrenaline and puttin it on the putting surface, lmao, and the sultan of swing is sayin "I think it's a "light" 5."

GTFOH, lmao

Normally it might have been but I had to account for the adrenaline, lol

Nope, I came through that with everything and I even pulled a Gary Player "walk through" though that was more for show cuz ya know when all the stars align and you know at the sound of mpact that it's gonna be a great shot?

It was the second time that day that I had that feeling, hahaha

Nah, I was never one of the 202yd 7i bois, lol

Oh yea, I ran the 6'er-

I friggin love walk off shots, lmao

Now THOSE build character, lol

Take care Bro and Happy New Year.

Have a great year and season :)

Golfingly Yours,

Richard

Iron head covers!

Really ? To me that just identifies that person as someone who's protecting their "investment".......

PING - G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
PING  ZING2 Irons (4-PW) - Black Lie angle - JZ Stiff
CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) DG Pro: S300
RIFE Iconic Three Putter -  343g  / 34.5" / 68 Deg 

TAYLORMADE TP5-X Yellow << 2021 Version >>

Regards "Shuv" : sevenfourate's WITB LINK (Click right here):

Those golf score counting beads which dangle from ones belt or bag!

LMAO, Bro, our Pro bought two of those and they were rather nice as the beads were leather but they sat unsold for the season and he included one each in an event gift package and when the attendants were cleaning out the locker room garbage cans, someone had thrown theirs away, lol-

I've got to say, I've never seen someone using one of those, lol

They would be right behind the ball retriever and I guess now the towel on the belt loop, haha

Happy New Year Bro :)

All the Best,

RP

Richard, I wore one this year to a member guest event at a prestigious local private club. Guys we got paired up with didn't know myself or my partner. On the first tee I asked one of them if you pull down the ball counter before your shot or after it. He rolled his eyes and said after. So I stood up there and nailed one down the middle about 320, turned around and said "well that's one" while pulling down a bead. Was planning on using it just on the first tee as a gag to break the ice but got on a roll and used it the entire round pulling down a bead after every shot. Ho hummed a nice little 68 that day.

eye roll guy was actually a really nice guy, although he stated the wrong score a few times throughout the round and I offered him the use of my bead counter to help him out. He declined.

Lots of balls in his pockets or is he just happy to play with you.

Driver- Tour Edge EXS 220

4W- Sub 70 949X

4H- Sub 70 949X

Utility- Sub 70 699U 21 degree

Irons- Sub 70 749 5-PW

Wedges - Sub 70 286 50+54 degree

Tour Edge 1 out 58 degree

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach #11

Carries his bag on the course; single handed by the grab handle and 'ignores' the strap.............

PING - G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
PING  ZING2 Irons (4-PW) - Black Lie angle - JZ Stiff
CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) DG Pro: S300
RIFE Iconic Three Putter -  343g  / 34.5" / 68 Deg 

TAYLORMADE TP5-X Yellow << 2021 Version >>

Regards "Shuv" : sevenfourate's WITB LINK (Click right here):

I read the post... and got the "YOU". This is not like a frat... though some like to think that. :) LOL Your car example fell on its face, maybe for the same reason I said what I said. Good try though. I just hope readers actually read all the prepositions and such, and have thick skin. :beach:

As my wife tells me, you need to take a chill pill !

Keep 'em coming, guys! Thread will serve a dual purpose: to help you identify an easy bet to win some sure money, or to help hustle players. If you see a player with plastic golf tubes, iron headcovers and two gloves, in addition to a ball retriever, stroke counter, or anything else, bet the farm against him. However, you can use those accessories for yourself and hustle players to make money at the end of the round. There's money to be made either way!

On a serious note, the thing that drives me crazy are the golfers that stand next to each other playing pocket pool watching their fellow golfers hit their shots, then they drive across the fairway, stop, get out and pull two clubs, hit the shot 20 yards short of the green. They play 5 hour rounds of golf and back the entire course up.

Happy New Year :)

Are you referring to anyone in here as being "an adolescent jerk?"

The Guys posting in here are all great guys and I don't see any mean spirited posts-

Oh, and regarding those two surgeons, well, just between you and I, that's bulls*** with the two gloves, lol(a I realize to them it's mental so it's not, but knowing and witnessed first hand what it takes to be a World Class, Top of the Mountain skilled Surgeon, a guy(s) with irreverent quirks such as those are systemic of a deeper mental make-up, and I'm talkin world renowned surgeons, and not a single one had something as stupid as that, lol. I am in no way directing this at you and they may be the nicest guys to ever don two gloves, but I'd bet their surgical skills and more importantly, the thought process and actions and reactions when s*** hits the fan are equal to that of a single single cap. That ain't good enough. Not as a surgeon. No way. No day. You want a Plus, and just like this game, the lower the better. Just my .01 worth, though again Turbs, not directed at you :) )-

My Father is former Chief/Chairman Department of Renal Transplant, Presbyterian Hospital, Pitts, Pa(24 years) and he wears no gloves and he too is a single digit, presently a -8, though in his younger days he played at -5 to -6 for years. Oh, and he also chops his own firewood, lol, sans gloves.

But hey, if they think 18 holes with the fingers and thumb of their right hand touching rubber is gonna jeopardize those finely skilled hands, then who is a half blind, partially paralyzed chop to say to em, "Bro, you're full of s***," lol, but damn do I wish that we had a few like them at the club, lmao.

I mean, my dad and some of his surgeon buds are screwed up, but not like that.

As far as making fun of people, the only person I poke fun of is me, and Lord knows I've got enough to poke, lol.

Stay Well My Friend & have a Great Year and Season :)

My Best,

RP

Using the marker on the golf glove to mark your ball ... Big giveaway

You must be talking specifically about the pearl-sized ones that don't even sit on the green flat. Some of the high-end gloves come with real markers the size of a quarter. Those are the good ones. The tiny pearl-sized ones aren't good for anything.

The guy that judges other guys on the first tee, and.........guys from South Dakota!!!

Yeah yeah, I kid, I kid :)

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"