Bettinardi DASS Experts... Need Some Help

bucklomein ·  
bucklomeinbucklomein Members  24WRX Points: 0Posts: 24
Just received my new BB41
Well, I just received my new BB41 (see photos).

It looks like it has remnants of some kind of film or coating on it.

Is a coating put on DASS putters at the factory? What is it for? What can I remove the rest of it with? Will it hurt anything? Etc., etc.

Mucho gracious!!
Posted:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• primetimer006primetimer006 Members  498WRX Points: 0Posts: 498
    could be clear coat....but that putter is stainless steel so it doesnt need it and wouldnt be hurt if it was removed.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • bucklomeinbucklomein Members  24WRX Points: 0Posts: 24
    Standard rubbing alcohol, q-tips and elbow grease got it all off.

It's beautiful. image/man_in_love.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':fool:' />

edit... Here are some after photos.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • yoshiod9yoshiod9 Copper? Nice... Members  1104WRX Points: 60Handicap: 6.6Posts: 1,104 Platinum Tees
    pretty putter, man. how much did that run you? i've been looking to try a bett out but the only ones i ever see (and like) are tour protos. haha.
    Posted:
  • 502 to Right502 to Right Badds Members  8110WRX Points: 2Handicap: 8.3Posts: 8,110 Titanium Tees
    Fear not. I've been there with Bettinardi DASS putters made in the 2000 to 2003 timeframe. It is some kind of clear coat. You can remove it with brasso/nev-r-dull -- the kind with the wadding. It will take a little effort to completely remove but will look fine when you are done. Another thing, when you remove the clear coat, it may be too shiny to use on sunny days. I always have my stainless steel putters bead blasted to put a uniform matte finish on the topline and neck. Kevin Colbert of putterplating.com has always done my putters and his rate for bead blasting stainless is a lot lower than a full refinish.
    Posted:
  • golftechgolftech Members  468WRX Points: 85Posts: 468 Greens
    I have a carbon steel BB50 (original belly design) in a matte black finish. The face also appears to have some sort of film on it. I haven't bothered to try to remove, maybe I will now.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.