Which Accessories Identify You As A Hacker?

We see them all the time. There are particular accessories that low-handicappers would never use, and that if you have them you are likely a hacker. These are the accessories that first come to mind.

plastic golf tubes

large plastic iron head covers

two gloves

stroke counter

Any others?

HaHa. I thought I was a full-on hacker, but I don't have a stroke counter, so I guess I'm not all the way there until I get one.

Actually, my iron headcovers are neoprene and I only keep them on in the SUV so that I don't have to listen to the heads rattling against each other while I'm driving. I only wear two gloves at the driving range because I've been beating the heck out of my hands. I only have tubes in my vintage bag. Keeps the clubs lined up and looking good.

I'm still a hacker though ...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the thing you attach to the rain hood snaps on your bag for more storage hooks and stuff. Towel caddie, perhaps?

And the retractable two sided brush, one wire and the other plastic.

I know lots of guys who use iron headcovers, funny thing is they always lose one or two during a round. Maybe they should leave them in the car?

I am a big fan of the ball retriever - I own the 25' orange two ball cage one, I love it!! (and I live in the desert)

Oh, and BTW, it's fraternity, not "frat" :)

Fairways & Greens My Friends,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

We see them all the time. There are particular accessories that low-handicappers would never use, and that if you have them you are likely a hacker. These are the accessories that first come to mind.

plastic golf tubes

large plastic iron head covers

two gloves

stroke counter

Any others?

HaHa. I thought I was a full-on hacker, but I don't have a stroke counter, so I guess I'm not all the way there until I get one.

Actually, my iron headcovers are neoprene and I only keep them on in the SUV so that I don't have to listen to the heads rattling against each other while I'm driving. I only wear two gloves at the driving range because I've been beating the heck out of my hands. I only have tubes in my vintage bag. Keeps the clubs lined up and looking good.

I'm still a hacker though ...

Bro, those are gorgeous irons and I Love the woods and putter!!

And no, you're not a hacker!!

That's a state of mind and how one carries them self and not their ability!!

You're good to Go Bro :)

Very Well Played!!

Happy New Year!!

Fairways & Greens My Friend,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

A couple of years ago, I would have said chipper. Then I played with a guy who shot under par with an Odyssey Marksman and absolutely destroyed the course. Judge not lest ye be judged...

Callaway Rogue 10.5*

TaylorMade 300 Mini 13.5*

Callaway Rogue 17*
Ping G400 4-UW
Ping Glide 3.0 54* SS, 60* Eye 2
Titleist Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Those golf score counting beads which dangle from ones belt or bag!

LMAO, Bro, our Pro bought two of those and they were rather nice as the beads were leather but they sat unsold for the season and he included one each in an event gift package and when the attendants were cleaning out the locker room garbage cans, someone had thrown theirs away, lol-

I've got to say, I've never seen someone using one of those, lol

They would be right behind the ball retriever and I guess now the towel on the belt loop, haha

Happy New Year Bro :)

All the Best,

RP

Richard, I wore one this year to a member guest event at a prestigious local private club. Guys we got paired up with didn't know myself or my partner. On the first tee I asked one of them if you pull down the ball counter before your shot or after it. He rolled his eyes and said after. So I stood up there and nailed one down the middle about 320, turned around and said "well that's one" while pulling down a bead. Was planning on using it just on the first tee as a gag to break the ice but got on a roll and used it the entire round pulling down a bead after every shot. Ho hummed a nice little 68 that day.

eye roll guy was actually a really nice guy, although he stated the wrong score a few times throughout the round and I offered him the use of my bead counter to help him out. He declined.

Bro, THAT story is beautiful, LMAO-

Guys like that don't have much choice but to be nice guys when with surgical precision ya stick a 7i down their throat performing a tonsillectomy as ya go then an appendectomy as ya drive it through their mid section then you do em a favor and clear out a few roids as you excise it from the other end, lol

BOOM!!!

And the Pr*** cheats to boot, lmao

God, do I miss this game, lmao

Thanks for the story Bro, you made me smile!!

I hope that You and Yours had a great Christmas, Holiday Season and a Wonderful year ahead!!

Fairways & Greens Ever My Friend,

Richard

I may be generalizing a bit, but keep in mind that one of the courses I play is about 2 or 3 miles from Microsoft headquarters. My observation is that guys who use phone apps to keep score and get yardages are usually hacks. It seems like it's a way to stay connected to their world even though they are on the golf course.

Golf watches (wrist yardage devices) are also a sign that you may be a short knocker. It's not definitive, but from my research it has a high correlation with 20+ handicaps.

Callaway Mavrik 10.5* HZRDS 6.0 55g
Cobra BioCell 3w PXi S
Callaway Mavrik 20* Catalyst 65 5.5

Callaway Mavrik 5h 23* Catalyst 65 5.5
Titleist DCI 962 2-PW DG S300
Cleveland 588 54*, Callaway PM Grind 58*
Cameron Mil-Spec 

LMAO, Bro, our Pro bought two of those and they were rather nice as the beads were leather but they sat unsold for the season and he included one each in an event gift package and when the attendants were cleaning out the locker room garbage cans, someone had thrown theirs away, lol-

They would be right behind the ball retriever and I guess now the towel on the belt loop, haha

All the Best,

RP

Richard, I wore one this year to a member guest event at a prestigious local private club. Guys we got paired up with didn't know myself or my partner. On the first tee I asked one of them if you pull down the ball counter before your shot or after it. He rolled his eyes and said after. So I stood up there and nailed one down the middle about 320, turned around and said "well that's one" while pulling down a bead. Was planning on using it just on the first tee as a gag to break the ice but got on a roll and used it the entire round pulling down a bead after every shot. Ho hummed a nice little 68 that day.

eye roll guy was actually a really nice guy, although he stated the wrong score a few times throughout the round and I offered him the use of my bead counter to help him out. He declined.

Guys like that don't have much choice but to be nice guys when with surgical precision ya stick a 7i down their throat performing a tonsillectomy as ya go then an appendectomy as ya drive it through their mid section then you do em a favor and clear out a few roids as you excise it from the other end, lol

BOOM!!!

I hope that You and Yours had a great Christmas, Holiday Season and a Wonderful year ahead!!

Richard

That's the best part Richard, the guy didn't actually cheat he honestly lost track of his score. Each time he gave the wrong score he gave a score higher then what he actually shot. The bead counter is a useful tool.

Biggest giveaway is not even an accessory. If you put your driver on the bottom dividers and your irons at the top of your bag, it's a dead giveaway.

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck

TM Drivers

InTech or any other Wally World cheapo balls

Long Putters

Boxed set clubs and bag

Iron covers are for those who appreciate their forged irons

2015 GBB 10.5 - MRC B Series 60S 44.75"
RFX 3 & 5 Woods MRC BB 73
RFX 7 Wood Matrix Black Tie 7M3
XHot Pro Hybrid 23 Accra Shaft
Apex Pro 5-W KBS Tour V or Recoil 110 S-flex (Recoil for Winter Season)
Odyssey WhiteHot Pro #7 Flatso Ultra grip
X Forged C Grind 52*
PM Grind 58* KBS 610 Wedge
Chrome Soft 2016 Yellow
Hdcp - between 3 to 5 over the year

Biggest giveaway is not even an accessory. If you put your driver on the bottom dividers and your irons at the top of your bag, it's a dead giveaway.

LOL my friend arranged his bag this way because it reduced bag chatter, he is pretty new to golf. I told him you better be a hustler trying to fool someone or a hack to put woods on the bottom

All the Best,

RP

BOOM!!!

Richard

That's the best part Richard, the guy didn't actually cheat he honestly lost track of his score. Each time he gave the wrong score he gave a score higher then what he actually shot. The bead counter is a useful tool.

That is a rare individual that goes the other way-

A good friend and Mentor of my Father's and a world class Transplant surgeon in his day developed early onset Dementia, and he was a solid mid single cap like my dad(-5 or 6) and he started to carry one of those little ones that ya out in your pocket and they have two wheels inside that ya turn the left one then the right.

Well, I was keepin his score along with mine and I didn't miss a stroke of his and I had him at 78 and he had himself at 82 and I basically went back and showed him his strokes for the front nine, where he had himself 2 strokes higher than he actually had.

It is the only time that I've ever Played with someone who went the other way-

OT(what's new, lol) but he could recount transplant surgeries from 25-28 years before at the Clinic(Cleve) when my father was a resident and my dad had all of his faculties and he couldn't remember the specifics and in a few cases, the patients, however this doc's short term memory was shot as he couldn't remember what he had for dinner the evening before.

Well, have a nice week Bro :)

Richard

Ball picker that attaches to end of a Putter

Seems a bit harsh, I know a few older guys who have a bad back and have trouble bending over to get the ball out of the hole.

TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 9* Even Flow Blue 60X
Taylor Made Sim 2 Ti 15* Tensei 80 S
Srixon ZX Utility 3 Diamana Thump X

Srixon ZX5 4-7 Nippon NS Pro 120X

Srixon ZX7 8-A Nippon NS Pro 120X

Mizuno T22 56, 60 KBS C-Taper 120S
Taylor Made Spider Tour Red

The sunglasses that help you find your balls and of course my favourite- you use range balls out on the course!

I have to admit to slipping 'nice' range balls in my pocket when I first started golf and then using them to practice out on the course. It was not that bad as the place I practiced at was a range and an executive size course and there was lots of range balls on the course already.

Range balls - classic!

I get to the course and get paired with not one but 3 hacker candidates. One of them takes a look at my bag and offers to let me go ahead because "you know we came to enjoy the game", like if I wasn't there for the same.

First tee, we start in the blue tees, 545 yds uphill and guy #2 brings a late model clean face Cleveland driver (maybe a 290). Whiffs 2 swings (that may explain why the face and top line are still clean) and goes back to his bag to bring his go to club, a Warrior 7w.

Once we left the tee so no ranger can see what is going on, guy takes out of his bag's side pocket an insulated cooler sleeve carrying 6 cold ones. Offers me one to what I said I was practicing for a tournament and will go ahead but thanks.

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

Dang!!!!, the more I read this thread the more of a hack I must look like!!!!, I have the majority of the items that have been mentioned here:

Iron covers

GPS Golf app on my phone (that also shows on my watch)

Cleaning brush

Poker chip marker (from GolfWRX mind you!!!!)

Clean Golf Bag (stand and staff)

Matching belt, hat and glove to equipment (Callaway)

Caddy towel (I did caddy in Hawaii at the Sony, Lotte and Champions Tour)

I guess I am an all around "hack" oh well...

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

1. The Tiger wannabe's with all Nike gear

2. The Fowler wannabe's in their neon

And especially the player wannabe's with all Titleist gear.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

A club cleaning brush, dead giveaway.

LMAO, I bet the +4.8 who's A** I kicked in the MP Finals in '12 was thinkin that very same thing on 1 tee when he saw this, lol :)

I'm kiddin Bro, as I've said before, if I like something and it's practical, I'm good with it, lol

I don't give a s*** what anyone else thinks, well, cept for Madison, and though she said somethin about the white belt, she said nothing about the club brush, lol-

Besides, it was a gift from my little niece :)

Happy New Year Bro and thanks for postin :)

RP