2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

FairwayFred's WITB Pic thread

New years bag change. T-MB are officially the gamers.

9* Callaway 816 DBD (set to N/S)
Aldila Rogue i/o 60 S
14* Callaway 816 Alpha (set to +2/N w heavy weight forward)
Aldila Rogue i/o 70 S
18* Callaway 816 Alpha (set to +2/N w heavy weight forward)
Aldila Rogue i/o 70 S
3 through PW Titleist T-MB
TT AMT S300 Sensicore Soft Stepped
52* Taylor Made TP EF ATV Grind
Scandium Prototype
58* Taylor Made TP EF ATV Grind
Scandium Prototype
Machine Copper M10

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

Aldila Rogue i/o 60 S

Aldila Rogue i/o 70 S

Aldila Rogue i/o 70 S

Scandium Prototype

Scandium Prototype

Machine Copper M10

Happy New Year, and nIce bag of tools, Ari. The T-MBs must be pretty special. I know you were liking the 745s a lot.

Aldila Rogue i/o 60 S

Aldila Rogue i/o 70 S

Aldila Rogue i/o 70 S

Scandium Prototype

Scandium Prototype

Machine Copper M10

Happy New Year, and nIce bag of tools, Ari. The T-MBs must be pretty special. I know you were liking the 745s a lot.

I love the 745s. They look and feel better than the T-MB. For a small forged club they are as good as it gets. However I simply play better with the T-MB. I have been keeping stats and in 10 rounds with the 745 I was hitting 57% of GIR. In 7 rounds since the switch to T-MB I have been hitting 71% of GIR. That's pretty much all I needed to see right there. I've also shot my 2 lowest scores of the year with the T-MB.

Ari Techner
[email protected]
(still a huge club HO)

Ari how would you say those wedge grinds compare to your old dog grinds.

The ATV has a little less bounce. It is closer to our old WLD grind which is what I was playing. I had a major back injury a few years ago and it shallowed out my angle of attack just enough that I needed to change grinds. Went from SLT/DOG to WLD/KLD. Surprised how much I like the TM wedges. Feel is nowhere close but the turf interaction is great and they spin a little more than my old wedges.

Ari Techner
[email protected]
(still a huge club HO)

Redid the ferrules on my T-MB and put the Scandium prototype shafts in them. Did a bunch of shafts testing and the scandium prototypes were definitely the most consistent and best performing for me.

Love the blue body ferrules.

Ari Techner
[email protected]
(still a huge club HO)

Picked up this little guy too. I'm a sucker for a smaller head driver. Figured it would probably end up in a closet but shockingly it gave me near perfect numbers on trackman. Enough so that it will get a chance to challenge the DBD for the bag spot. Doubt it will win as I've been hitting that DBD as good as any driver I've had in a long time.

Ari Techner
[email protected]
(still a huge club HO)

Let us know how the A Grind works. I've always wanted one.

I can tell you from hitting it on the monitor that it is consistently low spin and gives great ball speed all over the face. Even the ones I missed had great spin numbers and high ball speed. Shockingly forgiving for its size in terms of retaining ball speed. I hit it really straight on the monitor too. We will see what it does on the golf course today. Gotta love January golf in Detroit!

Ari Techner
[email protected]
(still a huge club HO)

How's the 816 gear... Pros and cons?!?!

I'm just getting used to the fairway woods. I can say for sure that they are very long. The 5 wood goes as long as my old Anser 3 wood and the 3 wood goes 15 to 20y further off the deck. I am still playing with the settings but have the hosel set at +2/N and the weight forward and it hits high bombs. I seem to hit them more consistent with the weight forward and I like the higher loft settings to get the right trajectory. Feel is great and I love the clean look from the top. Shape is good but not perfect. It is a little long from heel to toe for my eye but I'm starting to get used to it.

The driver is on another level. I have nothing bad at all to say about it. I have the weight set low toe (which is where my typical miss is) and I am hitting it longer than anything else I have played recently and I am hitting more fairways. Looks great to my traditional eye (I could nit pick the shape but for 2015/16 it's as good as its going to get). It's definitely low spin but seems to be more consistently low spin than other drivers I've tried. Mishits are low spin too and I get very high ball speed on mis hits out on the toe. For me it just finds the fairway. I honestly can't say enough good things about this driver. I'm as big a driver HO as there is but I can't see changing out this driver for quite a while.

So you have the 14 BB Alpha fw set to +2. Are you going to try the 16 degree model at neutral loft? Not sure what the real difference would be, but it seems you would have more flexibility that way.

So I was wrong. Tried the 16 set to neutral and I liked it better than the 14. Little smaller head better trajectory. 16 neutral and 18 +2 in the bag atm. Pics coming soon.

Ari Techner
[email protected]
(still a huge club HO)

A Grind is a fantastic little driver. Very very consistent numbers across the whole face. Very straight. Heel and toe misses lose very little ball speed and do not spin excessively. Shaft doesn't fit me as well as the Rogue i/o so I'm waiting to reshaft with one of those to do a final showdown w my 816 DBD. For now 816 is in the bag. Walked 40 holes today in North Metro Detroit. Incredible for January 9th.

Ari Techner
[email protected]
(still a huge club HO)

I couldn't help myself.

Have a set of PXG 0311T on the way to try again vs my T-MB. I hit them once before but not built to my specs and I want to do the ultimate hollow players iron shootout lol. Results and pics to follow......

Ari Techner
[email protected]
(still a huge club HO)

I couldn't help myself.

Have a set of PXG 0311T on the way to try again vs my T-MB. I hit them once before but not built to my specs and I want to do the ultimate hollow players iron shootout lol. Results and pics to follow......

Cool, looking forward to it! Are they being built to identical specs?

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

I was of a fan of the NIKE TW head you had, sounded too good.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

Rock that Kasco KP 99 ?

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

I couldn't help myself.

Cool, looking forward to it! Are they being built to identical specs?

Yes identical specs. Should be fun!

Ari Techner
[email protected]
(still a huge club HO)

Walked 40 holes today in North Metro Detroit. Incredible for January 9th.

That's impressive. I walked 27 a few weeks ago. Now I just feel silly.

I walked 145 holes in one day last summer for a charity event. That was alot of golf! Literally fell asleep in a bowl of soup at Cracker Barrel after lol.

Ari Techner
[email protected]
(still a huge club HO)

Walked 40 holes today in North Metro Detroit. Incredible for January 9th.

That's impressive. I walked 27 a few weeks ago. Now I just feel silly.

I walked 145 holes in one day last summer for a charity event. That was alot of golf! Literally fell asleep in a bowl of soup at Cracker Barrel after lol.

That's no longer golf, that's a ruck march.

@therealping

Hit a a ton of shafts in the last week or so and I've settled on Accra Tour 110 shafts. Going to shaft both the T-MB and PXG with them before I do any testing. PXG will be here Tuesday. Unfortunately I am going out of town Tuesday morning and won't see them until I get back Thursday night.

Ari Techner
[email protected]
(still a huge club HO)

Pics of a few putters Byron Morgan made for me.

Some cool putters..

I tried zooming in on the first Byron. Does it have 5__G stamped on it? I remember seeing some of your putters in the past, and they were very heavy. If it does say 5__G is that just the head weight, or total over all weight (or it could something completely different all together lol).

Also are you still using the Recoils? Personally I never thought I'd play a graphite iron shaft, but loving the Steelfiber i95 (possibly when I got older, but never in my mid 30's, 50-60's maybe). Not sure, thought you may have played Steelfibers awhile back.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Some cool putters..

I tried zooming in on the first Byron. Does it have 5__G stamped on it? I remember seeing some of your putters in the past, and they were very heavy. If it does say 5__G is that just the head weight, or total over all weight (or it could something completely different all together lol).

Also are you still using the Recoils? Personally I never thought I'd play a graphite iron shaft, but loving the Steelfiber i95 (possibly when I got older, but never in my mid 30's, 50-60's maybe). Not sure, thought you may have played Steelfibers awhile back.

That Byron is 395g head. That's what's stamped on it. I'll post some more putter pics when I get home from Orlando. Should get my M10 back from fixing the counterbalance weight.

I am not using the Recoils anymore. I have played Steelfibers most over the years and they are fantastic shafts. I like them better for my game then the Recoils. I am playing w Scandium prototypes right now but plan to try the Accra i110 Pro shafts in my irons.

Ari Techner
[email protected]
(still a huge club HO)

Some cool putters..

That Byron is 395g head. That's what's stamped on it. I'll post some more putter pics when I get home from Orlando. Should get my M10 back from fixing the counterbalance weight.

I am not using the Recoils anymore. I have played Steelfibers most over the years and they are fantastic shafts. I like them better for my game then the Recoils. I am playing w Scandium prototypes right now but plan to try the Accra i110 Pro shafts in my irons.

The M10 has a great look to it. When you say "fixing" the counterbalance are you trying to make it counterbalanced or get rid of its counterbalance?

I remember reading about the Scadium shafts, but it's really just the name I remember. I'll have to search around about the Scandium and Accra i110's and see what their all about (I love my Steelfibers but I like nerd'ing out on equipment I really know nothing about). I'm 34 and have playing since the late 80's and never, ever thought I'd play graphite/carbon fiber iron shafts. If I did, it'd be when I was much older like in my 60's. But now it seems people are giving up the notion that graphite shafts are just some crap, super light weight, noodle feeling "made for" shaft for seniors and ladies.

Looking forward to more putter pics when you get chance to post them.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style