Which Accessories Identify You As A Hacker?

Bro, and I'm not trying to be cute but I consider you one of the Old Guard and a foundation bedrock and "member/owner"

Me?

I'm a Johnny come lately visitor, however me bein me, well, sometimes I can't just shut my mouth and let somethin lay, lol, hence, my initial response.

Your worst posts top my best as do quite a few others here, though that's ok, I don't have to be right, I don't have to "win," and I sure the hell don't have anything to prove here however the one area that I've never been real good at stayin on the sidelines for and I've never taken a backseat in, or shotgun or wing for that matter, and that is if I witness someone belittling, insulting or trying to bully someone .

You strike me the same way-

This is the only reason that I even responded to your post because if I had thought that anyone was attempting to belittle or stigmatize someone else, well my tone and posts would have been very different indeed, lol. I've never really figured out why I can "turn the other cheek" if someone attempts to criticize or belittle me however I go apes*** if I witness it being done to someone else-

I just chalk it up to another one of my issues, lol

Regarding the surgeons, that's great that they are obviously, "Back Niners," because they are even rarer than their Professional skills make them, and I'm guessing your CoS Bud is either a General Surgeon, CardioVascular or Neuro(Possibly Ortho though not likely), and normally the BNers from those specialties are balls to the wall, and their "God Complex" doesn't stop at the hospital, as the last thing that the guys I know give a s*** about are protecting their hands, within reason of course(besides, they all have multi-million dollar disability insurance policies, lmao). A lot of surgeons shake with a softer grip, and it's not that macho bulls***, they just have "light" fingers and hands. They feel that they are invincible, in about any area or subject that one brings up outside of medicine or their specialty, their tone of certainty far exceeds their actual knowledge, though good luck tellin em that, lol

The vast vast majorities' feeling of invincibility goes to their outside life, activities and health, so your Guys are indeed rare birds-

Be that as it may, I always benefit from your posts even when we might not share the same side of the table-

You're a Gentleman!

Stay Well Bro and have a Great Season and Year ahead :)

My Best,

RP

Same to you... Oh, I'd say the number of likes aside your name tell the bigger story. I can only aspire. :drinks: I wish you well.

HaHa, na Bro, I'm Easyyy's 2nd cousin twice removed, so he let's me play with the count :)

Have a nice weekend!

My Best,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, you guys can say what ya want but I'm gonna need all the help that I can get when I get back in the game and 18 shots is a frickin lot!!!

WhereTH is my card.....

Fairways & Greens My Friends,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Maybe slightly controversial, as the greatest player ever did this, and still does... Anyone who putts whilst still wearing their glove.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Ok, you guys can say what ya want but I'm gonna need all the help that I can get when I get back in the game and 18 shots is a frickin lot!!!

WhereTH is my card.....

RP

Geeez....put a Clearview on that thing, would ya............

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

Run the other way if you see a dude wearing these, especially if they're mint:

il_570xN.729941890_dc9z.jpg

Bonus points if he's rocking white crew socks and shorts. Double bonus for black crew socks.

The kiltie is the giveaway. Give Dad his shoes back.

Now there's a proper golf shoe! Lol

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

[size=2]-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom[/size]

Not an accessory per se. Wearing your glove from the car.

And never taking it off, not in the pro shop, not in the bathroom....

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Ok, first, Madison took me to the local RW&Blue(think a nicer Goodwill) and let me just say that I came directly from the hospital and was higher than a kite....

This is the longest friggin ball retriever I've ever seen and I'm not kidding, it had to be 20-25', which, if ya think about it, whether ya go 25' out and down, or just 25' down, what are the odds of scoopin a ball with that at full extension?

Ok, Maddie said that I gave it wayyyyyy too much thought but for $2.99, I thought it was a steal, lol

The KISS hat was for MadGolfer but Maddie said that I was walkin home if I didn't put it back-

Women ;)

Ya gotta believe me, I didn't used to be this effed up :)

RP

Off topic some but here goes. You think you are effed up you ought to have seen me back in the racing days. i used to wear a different Rock and Roll T-Shirt to every race I mean Ozzy stuff and the like and this was in the middle of the "Bible Belt" Redneck country and me with long hair and hanging around with an Episcopal priest in the middle of Southern Baptist country to boot. The minis were no different either me with the ponytail. Then I was known as Hippie Stu or Ponytail Stu.Heck my wife would have bought me the KISS hat then and there and i would have played golf in it too right now!

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Maybe slightly controversial, as the greatest player ever did this, and still does... Anyone who putts whilst still wearing their glove.

LMAO, this is frickin incredible, lmao

I have forever(and it's a black FJ rain glove), lmao

And I can putt my a** off, and most other peeps' too :)

Bearing in mind that 98% of the peeps out there plantin a tee can't break 100 and most take their glove off, well what's that tell ya, lmao

Yea, and they put em in their back right pocket, thumb folded inward, lmao....

I Love this Friggin Game!!!!!!!!!

God Bless Bros :)

All the Best,

RP

We see them all the time. There are particular accessories that low-handicappers would never use, and that if you have them you are likely a hacker. These are the accessories that first come to mind.

plastic golf tubes

large plastic iron head covers

two gloves

stroke counter

Any others?

HaHa. I thought I was a full-on hacker, but I don't have a stroke counter, so I guess I'm not all the way there until I get one.

Actually, my iron headcovers are neoprene and I only keep them on in the SUV so that I don't have to listen to the heads rattling against each other while I'm driving. I only wear two gloves at the driving range because I've been beating the heck out of my hands. I only have tubes in my vintage bag. Keeps the clubs lined up and looking good.

I'm still a hacker though ...

Excellent vintage set there. I have never seen you post on the Classic Golf and Golfers Forum though. there are a bunch of us that play vintage

LOL! My full persimmon set has about 3/4 of all that stuff complete with the aluminum rake style ball retriever! I love the looks and chuckles I get on the first tee when I pull up with my vintage red Wilson Staff bag with FG-17's in tubes and Persimmon woods and then commence the beat down!

I get some of the same chuckles when I pull up with my vintage Macgregor mini staff bag 1962 CF-4000s and various persimmon woods but sans the ball retriever and tubes. I do not play vintage all the time but my regular front line clubs are in my signature and they are not far from vintage

Run the other way if you see a dude wearing these, especially if they're mint:

il_570xN.729941890_dc9z.jpg

Bonus points if he's rocking white crew socks and shorts. Double bonus for black crew socks.

The kiltie is the giveaway. Give Dad his shoes back.

Man back in the day I could not stand those flaps as we called them I would cut mine off a brand new pair of shoes with a razor blade

We see them all the time. There are particular accessories that low-handicappers would never use, and that if you have them you are likely a hacker. These are the accessories that first come to mind.

plastic golf tubes

two gloves

stroke counter

Any others?

HaHa. I thought I was a full-on hacker, but I don't have a stroke counter, so I guess I'm not all the way there until I get one.

Actually, my iron headcovers are neoprene and I only keep them on in the SUV so that I don't have to listen to the heads rattling against each other while I'm driving. I only wear two gloves at the driving range because I've been beating the heck out of my hands. I only have tubes in my vintage bag. Keeps the clubs lined up and looking good.

I'm still a hacker though ...

Excellent vintage set there. I have never seen you post on the Classic Golf and Golfers Forum though. there are a bunch of us that play vintage

I bust 'em out occasionally, but I've still got a lot of work to do with my "modern" set. I do feel really fortunate to have run across them, especially considering that I have all of $110 in what you see plus the Strata Bloc woods that were originally purchased with the set and the old canvas and leather Burton bag they were in (it's falling apart).

Who knows, some guys come to the course looking like a tour player with the equipment to match and "THEN" they take the first swing "FORE!!!!", and then you have the other side of the coin, guys come in very humble and not too spectacularly dressed with older equipment then go out and shoot 70, so I never tend to speculate on anyone, I know some guys are very opinionated about others and then they get surprised..

A guy I got paired with wearing overalls, no shirt, no shoes shot 66 with old callaway steelheads last week.

R11s 9.0*
i20 2& 4-u
CG16 54*
SM5 58*
Eye 2 62*

Who knows, some guys come to the course looking like a tour player with the equipment to match and "THEN" they take the first swing "FORE!!!!", and then you have the other side of the coin, guys come in very humble and not too spectacularly dressed with older equipment then go out and shoot 70, so I never tend to speculate on anyone, I know some guys are very opinionated about others and then they get surprised..

A guy I got paired with wearing overalls, no shirt, no shoes shot 66 with old callaway steelheads last week.

"No shoes" ?...............I presume you mean no golf specific shoes............

Or was he barefoot with overalls on. If so thats some achievement.

PING - G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
PING  ZING2 Irons (4-PW) - Black Lie angle - JZ Stiff
CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) DG Pro: S300
RIFE Iconic Three Putter -  343g  / 34.5" / 68 Deg 

TAYLORMADE TP5-X Yellow << 2021 Version >>

Regards "Shuv" : sevenfourate's WITB LINK (Click right here):

I dont understand the club cleaning brush, what do you guys use to clean your grooves in between shots?

A towel-that I have hanging from a clip on my back pocket lol. :taunt:

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Have to say the surest sign you're a hacker is paying attention to what's in everyone else's bag and feeling somehow redeemed when they "get stuff wrong."

If that's you, something's not right and you may need help - maybe start by getting checked out for "low T." :cheesy:

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

[size=2]-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom[/size]

I dont understand the club cleaning brush, what do you guys use to clean your grooves in between shots?

I use someone else's brush when they aren't looking.

All of the benefits. None of the stigma :cheesy:

PING - G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
PING  ZING2 Irons (4-PW) - Black Lie angle - JZ Stiff
CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) DG Pro: S300
RIFE Iconic Three Putter -  343g  / 34.5" / 68 Deg 

TAYLORMADE TP5-X Yellow << 2021 Version >>

Regards "Shuv" : sevenfourate's WITB LINK (Click right here):

LMAO, this is frickin incredible, lmao

I have forever(and it's a black FJ rain glove), lmao

And I can putt my a** off, and most other peeps too :)

Bearing in mind that 98% of the peeps out there plantin a tee can't break 100 and most take their glove off, well what's that tell ya, lmao

Yea, and they put em in their back right pocket, thumb folded inward, lmao....

I Love this Friggin Game!!!!!!!!!

God Bless Bros :)

All the Best,

RP

So funny Richard. That is me on the green. Folded thumb underneath. Every time, no exceptions, for 30 years. I can't hit water from a boat either.

Love your posts.

My typical answer to personality type questions is simply respect the game and others on the course. If you fix your divots and ball marks, rake traps, and keep pace, use whatever equipment you want. I like to focus on my own game and not worry about others. I learned this years ago from playing in tournaments when every now and then I'd be paired with an opponent that tried to win by using gamesmanship.

I find if I hang my towel off my left side it helps to balance out my bead counter hanging off the right side.

This then leaves my back pocket open for my iron headcover!

Sounds like one of my running partners now I am POed he went to Arizona and did not tell me. Oh wait he does not have cally steelheads he has wooden Ping Zing woods oh well may be some of his relatives.

Ha HA use a tee and I still use wooden tees too :taunt:

plastic golf tubes

two gloves

stroke counter

Any others?

You are funny. A guy I play with hovers around a 1-2 hcp and uses plastic iron covers. Stop judging people by looks. You aren't better than anyone else, regardless of your accessories.