Cobra King LTD pro cb/mb irons

Techgolfer1

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the white on black looks great.

For best paint removal, i'd submerge the entire head in acetone - obviously up to the ferrel only

Do you think the acetone will harm the finish? My guess is no.

no chance, it's a plating and tough as nails. Think pro platinum; kinda the same type finish.

You changed your colors yet? Black & silver would look good as well

the white on black looks great.

For best paint removal, i'd submerge the entire head in acetone - obviously up to the ferrel only

Do you think the acetone will harm the finish? My guess is no.

no chance, it's a plating and tough as nails. Think pro platinum; kinda the same type finish.

You changed your colors yet? Black & silver would look good as well

Now that would be sick! I haven't messed with it yet. Still deciding if I like the C Tapers over Project X.

I change too much to list it. Working on that...

I simply just used a black paint pen and marked over the orange and wiped off the excess. Waited a day and did a second coat. Looks fine for me and will touch up as needed.

I had a little buyers remorse over the weekend. Could've been the alcohol depressions but needed to check these out again head to head vs my ol S55 vs T-MB (which I was all set to get before going with Cobra King). My brain tells me I want the forgiveness of T-MB

So I hit them all on indoor monitor again today. Granted they all had different stiff shafts (S55- KBS Tour, t-mb- AMT, and Cobra K Pro - CTaper)

Without getting into monitor info, the Cobras absolutely won out in everything that I care about. Feel, distance, looks, coolness, confidence, and accuracy. I actually pured every shot with them. Not the case with the others. Maybe I was in the Zone with Cobras but they were awesome! I was prepared to swap and walk out with full set of T-MBs (which I still love!) but I left more fired up about the Cobras than I've been in a long time. As Golfjunki told me, I just like hitting these things. They have a "i wanna hit this thing and like it ability" about them and then they actually deliver.

I used 5 and 8 iron for comparisons so both CB and MB in the pro combo set.

Keeping the CTaper shaft and now need to decide on a grip that isn't toy club feel like the stock lamkin

Dam this ended up being long. My bad. Hope it helps someone.

Darth Cobras are wicked.

Cobra F9 44.75” Daytona Speeder S.  
Cobra F9 3w Atmos Blue S 
Mizuno 5W JPX 900 Blue S
Titleist T100S w DG 105 4-PW

Miura K2.0 54, 60. SM9 black 50
Odyssey 7 ch 

I simply just used a black paint pen and marked over the orange and wiped off the excess. Waited a day and did a second coat. Looks fine for me and will touch up as needed.

I had a little buyers remorse over the weekend. Could've been the alcohol depressions but needed to check these out again head to head vs my ol S55 vs T-MB (which I was all set to get before going with Cobra King). My brain tells me I want the forgiveness of T-MB

So I hit them all on indoor monitor again today. Granted they all had different stiff shafts (S55- KBS Tour, t-mb- AMT, and Cobra K Pro - CTaper)

Without getting into monitor info, the Cobras absolutely won out in everything that I care about. Feel, distance, looks, coolness, confidence, and accuracy. I actually pured every shot with them. Not the case with the others. Maybe I was in the Zone with Cobras but they were awesome! I was prepared to swap and walk out with full set of T-MBs (which I still love!) but I left more fired up about the Cobras than I've been in a long time. As Golfjunki told me, I just like hitting these things. They have a "i wanna hit this thing and like it ability" about them and then they actually deliver.

I used 5 and 8 iron for comparisons so both CB and MB in the pro combo set.

Keeping the CTaper shaft and now need to decide on a grip that isn't toy club feel like the stock lamkin

Dam this ended up being long. My bad. Hope it helps someone.

Darth Cobras are wicked.

I'm in a similar boat. I bought a set of 716 mb irons the other day that was an unreal deal. I will be interested to see what wins out for me. I love the t-mb. I've absolutely ripped them on monitors. I'd like a 4,5 and 6 of those regardless of what set I roll with.

Now the issue is if the c tapers in these Cobras will work for me over my beloved project X 6.0s? Also, like you I think the stock Lamkin grips are garbage. I would've done gp tour velvets since I don't think that's an up charge. I want to like Lamkin grips but they seem so thin.

I change too much to list it. Working on that...

Keep me posted TechG on 716 MB vs Darth Cobras. I too love the Project X 6.0 and if I get T-MB or MB 716 that will be the shaft. At some point I will prob have a 8-PW MB and 5-7 T-MB

Initially when I tested only the 716 line the MBs beat everything and T-MB were second.

Something tells me T-MB with Project X 6.0 wld be epic.

But for now I'm digging the Cobras. I shld have a better idea after I actually play.

Cobra F9 44.75” Daytona Speeder S.  
Cobra F9 3w Atmos Blue S 
Mizuno 5W JPX 900 Blue S
Titleist T100S w DG 105 4-PW

Miura K2.0 54, 60. SM9 black 50
Odyssey 7 ch 

ready for so cal trip

Great work to the irons! Very nice bag.

Driver: PING G410 LST, Ping Tour 65X

3 Wood: PING G400, Project x EvenFlow Blue 75 6.5

3 Hybrid: PING G410, Ping Tour 85 X

Irons: Mizuno MP-5 (4-PW), Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: PING Glide (50SS, 54WS, 58ES), Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Ball: Taylormade TP5 (Pix or Yellow)

Did you strip the original paint or just paint over? If strip, what method did you use?

i stripped everything off with some paint remover i got from home depot just q tiped it over the areas and remvoed with tooth pick then used testors hobby paint removed excess with non acetone and done acutally was pretty easy but i did try to rush one and not let it dry long enough which made it messy so just redid it and let dry over night much better that way

I love this thread. Keep the pics coming!

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1237994-my-carls-golfland-contest-fitting-experience-grab-a-drink/"]My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story[/url]

Cobra F9, Atmos Black TS 6X
Titleist TS3 3w, Atmos Black TS 7s

Titleist 510 3i Atmos Black TS 9x
Srixon U85 4, z785 5-PW Modus 120x
Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
EVNRoll ER5

Does anyone have a set of strictly CB's in these instead of the CB/MB set? If so, is there much difference in the short irons?

Although I have the combo, the difference between the 6i (cb) and 7i (mb) is pretty minimal actually. Looking down at the ball I personally don't really notice anything. The forgiveness isn't exaggerated by much at all, and the head size, offset, sole, and topline all seem the same to me. If the top line and sole are any thicker, it's well hidden by the black finish.

This is also my first experience with MB's in general, and I don't notice much difference in comparison to my apex pros as far as forgiveness goes in the short irons, and my distances are the same as well. Not that the callaways had much offset anyways, but these having even less in the only noticeable thing I have come across as far as performance, and with my miss being a pull, it's actually helped me lol.

Thanks for the feedback. I also have yet to own a set of MB's and am used to CB's put like the look of the King LTD CB's as they aren't exaggerated. I think the offset will be the main issue I will notice with this set compared to my current set up. These are definitely on my wish list for the upcoming season, but I'm airing to see what else is coming out in the next few months.

I was skeptical of mb's as well seeing as though I'm no pro lol. I wouldn't go past 7i in an mb for a combo for myself, but I'm confident in my ball striking from 7i on down so I decided to give them a shot. I love the soles on them most of all I think. They are certainly worth a shot, and after extensively demoing almost all other available options, I'm not disappointed in my decision. I spent 2 1/2 hrs with a gc2 over the weekend to go over the set and see my average distances etc and they didn't fall short of anything else I had tried. There were definitely "longer" options available, but every option that was longer had 3* less loft so it wasn't apples to apples. Forgiveness wise is tough to say.. There's more forgiving options as well, but that seemed to be paired with the loft "jacking" and anything with similar lofts reacted about the same as the Cobras. At best, a few clubs may have squeezed a couple more yards on a toe hit, but nothing I tried was saving you from losing 15 yards on a bad miss. I just haven't found it to be true to the stereotype of "if you hit outside of a nickel sized spot on the face you'll lost 100 yards" scenario. They actually spin more than my apex Pro's as well which helped on slight misses. There wasn't an instance in all the testing I did that made me think I shouldn't be hitting them. In the short clubs it was really a horse a piece between an MB and a players CB. The smaller heads are kinda confidence inspiring. It's like looking down at a wedge almost with all your clubs lol.

Man, you can't play muscle-back irons with a 11 handicap! You'll shoot your eye out!! :) Nice sticks!

Thanks!

I know.. It's incredible as an 11 I even know what the sweet spot is.. Haha

Although I have only gotten indoor practice, the black finish lets you know where your hitting the ball ontop of the feedback from the clubs themselves, and I've been hitting them pretty consistently!

I really want to see what these look like with the chrome finish they'll supposedly offer soon. The black is just awesome looking in a golf bag but I'm curious as to how long it will stay like that.

I wasn't aware that was coming, but it looks like it's an option on the Cobra website when you select the forged MB. "finish" shows up as an option. Any idea when chrome or satin will be available?

I really want to see what these look like with the chrome finish they'll supposedly offer soon. The black is just awesome looking in a golf bag but I'm curious as to how long it will stay like that.

I wasn't aware that was coming, but it looks like it's an option on the Cobra website when you select the forged MB. "finish" shows up as an option. Any idea when chrome or satin will be available?

February. I called Cobra and asked

Titleist TSR3 10* Diamana GT 60
Titleist TSR3 15* Diamana GT 70
Titleist 816 H2 19* Fubuki AV400
Mizuno MP 241 Dynamic Gold Mid 115 S300
Mizuno T24 Raw 50.54,58 DGTI S400
Bettinardi SS28 Tour DASS

Citrus strip in the spray can is the quickest and cleanest way to remove the paint fill. Spray it on, leave it sit for 10 minutes and use a toothbrush. You can use painters tape with edge lock to stop it from leaking to a spot you don't want it. I'm doing my full set of mb's right now.

TM M1 460 9.5* Matrix BT 6M3 X
TM M1 15* Aldila Rogue Black X
Cobra King Pro MB 2-Pw C-taper 130 X
Callaway MD3 52* S Grind
Callaway MD3 58* S Grind
Odyssey MXM Versa #1