AUSSIEDANB- WITB - Swing Video Now Uploaded

Im sure I have done a WITB before, but this one is my setup for the next 6-8months at least as I embark on my Traineeship here in Australia. A little background info on myself. I am a long time admirer of WRX and read the site daily, however I don't tend to post too much or comment on much, No real reason, I just enjoy the content mostly and rarely feel the need to voice my opinions or thoughts, that said, I have enjoyed a lot of the WITB's on here so thought id share mine for 2016.

I have a Ball, Shoe, Hat, Glove Deal with FootJoy/Titleist for this season. I would have been using their entire set-up but back in June2015 I bought new Callaway equipment and did so on the basis of being dialled in with my new equipment for the start of 2016 and starting to play for money.

Handicap prior to turning pro was 0.0 with a low of +2 a few years back (prior to marriage, 2 kids and setting up my own business) Im just under 6ft 1"tall, 69kgs and a swing speed of 103mph with my Driver ( not gonna be winning Long Drives anytime soon haha) but my club build will probably be interesting to most.

Driver - Callaway Big Bertha 815 9* set to Draw/Standard Loft. AD-DI 6s shaft cut to 44.5" Playing Length, Lamkin Oversize Grips with additional (+4 papers) Drive Average 265m

Fairway- Callaway Big Bertha 815 14* set to Draw/Standard Loft. AD-DI 7s shaft cut to 42.5" Playing Length, Lamkin Oversize Grip with Additional (+4 Papers) Fairway Average 245m

Utility - Callaway Apex UT 18* Playing Length 39.5"(-0.5') Lie Angle 56* (-3* Flat) Project X95 6.0 Flighted Shaft Lamkin Oversize Grip with additional (+4 Papers)

Carry Length 210m (230m)

Irons - Callaway Apex MB 4- PW All clubs are -0.5" in playing length and -4* Flat fitted with Project X95 6.0 Flighted Shafts and Lamkin Oversize Grips with additional (+4 papers)

4iron Length 38" Lie 56.5* Loft 22* Carry 197m (207m)

5iron Length 37.5" Lie 57* Loft 26* Carry 185m (195m)

6iron Length 37" Lie 57.5" Loft 30* Carry 172m (179m)

7iron Length 36.5" Lie 58* Loft 34* Carry 160m (167m)

8iron Length 36" Lie 58.5* Loft 38* Carry 148m (155m)

9iron Length 35.5" Lie 59* Loft 42* Carry 136m (142m)

PW Length 35" Lie 59.5* Loft 46* Carry 125m (132m)

Wedges - Callaway MD2 All wedges fitted with Project X95 6.0 Flighted Shafts and Lamkin Oversize Grips with additional (+4 Papers)

52.12* S Bent to 50* Length 35" Lie 60* Carry 116m (Fave Length 99m)

56.10* S Bent to 54* Length 34.75" Lie 60.5* Carry 104m (Fave Length 92m)

60.10 S Length 34.5" Lie 61* Carry 92m (Fave Lengths 33m or 82m)

Putter- Odyssey White Hot Pro #7 Cut to 34" with 2 additional strips of lead tape

Ball- Pro V1

Thanks for viewing guys :)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Scotch Golfer' timestamp='1451788849' post='12794268']
Great looking bag! Best of golf for this year!
Thanks for sharing.
[/quote]

Thanks mate, I know its not the Usual WRX style bag, Im not one for splashing cash on Tour Only things or huge uncharge shafts, but this setup seems to be working well for me :)

Your grips are huge

Pro Caddie & I teach golf

Driver: PXG 9* ; HZDRUS Handcrafted 63 6.0

Long Game: PXG 13*, PXG 16*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 83 6.5 (flip between the two)

Driving Iron: PXG 0311 4 iron bent 17.5*; ProForce VTS 100HX 

Hybrid: PXG Gen 1 19*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 100 6.5

Irons: NIKE CB 4-PW Raw finish ; Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour Stiff (.25 inch gapping)

Wedges: Titleist SM9 50*, 54*; True Temper DG S300 (36 inches)

L-Wedge: Custom 60*; KBS Tour Stiff (36 inches)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 35 inches: Super Stroke GP Tour

Ball: ProV1x

[quote name='Santiago Golf' timestamp='1451799703' post='12795038']
Your grips are huge
[/quote]

Yes mate, they still feel a little slim at times in my hands. A member at my club has the import and distribution rights for JumboMAXX in Australia as of last month. Just waiting on them to come into stock and ill try one out.

Very nice setup. And you've got nice tattoos there as well. :)

This is probably not directly related to golf, but how did you manage to set up a business, commit to a marriage, while at the same time, maintain your scratch handicap? I don't have my own business, but I always feel that 24 hour a day is just not enough.

[quote name='imanoff' timestamp='1451811193' post='12795236']
Very nice setup. And you've got nice tattoos there as well. :)

This is probably not directly related to golf, but how did you manage to set up a business, commit to a marriage, while at the same time, maintain your scratch handicap? I don't have my own business, but I always feel that 24 hour a day is just not enough.
[/quote]

Thanks mate, the tattoos have been a work in progress and still a few more to add over time.

As for setting up a Business, getting married and having kids whilst maintaining a scratch handicap, well I guess it was down to how I practiced, I would have a few hours a week where I could and I would do a lot of drills without a ball, just at home in front of a window or mirror. I have always had good course management and make it a priority to know my yardage a which helps. If I had time to head to the course I'd do a bit of short game work and play a few holes. Other than that I'd play 18holes once a week on a Saturday and just put my all into it. I'm not sure that that's very helpful to you, but that's about all I ever did.

Like the set up a lot, curious about the tattoos, have you had any issues in your golfing life due to them from the stiffs?

Best of luck with what you're doing

Hi mate, thanks for viewing the post. In the beginning I had a few issues with my tattoos at my home course. I am a member at the only Female Run golf club in the Souther Hemisphere. The ladies are full members and the men have no voting rights within the club. The ladies hold majority membership always. The average playing age would be 62years old for the ladies so as you can imagine when I showed up 4 years ago covered in tattoos they were overly welcoming or thrilled. However winning 3 club champs in a row and being the lowest handicapped player at the club helped. I then got a job as shop manager of the pro shop and that allowed me more time to spend with the members and needless to say they soon realised I wasn't this horrible biker type as they had feared. hahaha.

As for the PGA Australia, I explained to them that I have tattoos and they had a very refreshing approach, I was told it wasn't going to be a problem, we live in a modern world and tattoos are just a part of life nowadays.

Great WITB post.

I'm curious about the traineeship, is it part of becoming a touring pro or are you also looking to work in the golf industry?

G'day mate.

The traineeship is my entering into a 3 year course to become a teaching professional. It will give me very limited playing rights on the Australiasian PGA tour but Im not doing it for that. At the end of the 3 years I hope to have set in place a short game academy at my club and get it up and running fully.

thanks for viewing the post and taking the time to comment.

Great WITB post.

I'm curious about the traineeship, is it part of becoming a touring pro or are you also looking to work in the golf industry?

G'day mate.

The traineeship is my entering into a 3 year course to become a teaching professional. It will give me very limited playing rights on the Australiasian PGA tour but Im not doing it for that. At the end of the 3 years I hope to have set in place a short game academy at my club and get it up and running fully.

Sounds awesome Dan. You clearly have a vision of where your are going. More than me ! I'm 44 and still aren't sure what i wanna do for a living......lol

I'll be following this thread and logging in frequently. 20 years since i did my PGA Training here in the UK. Good times......

Good luck with everything :D

PING - G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
PING  ZING2 Irons (4-PW) - Black Lie angle - JZ Stiff
CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) DG Pro: S300
RIFE Iconic Three Putter -  343g  / 34.5" / 68 Deg 

TAYLORMADE TP5-X Yellow << 2021 Version >>

Regards "Shuv" : sevenfourate's WITB LINK (Click right here):

Great WITB post.

G'day mate.

That sounds like a great plan! I wish you all the best.

915 D3 8.5 Aldila Rogue 125 70x
915F 15 Fujikura Rombax P95x
913 Hd 18 Motore F3 95HB x
AP2 716 3-PW DG X100
Vokey SM5 52 & SM4 58
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I'm the same with length and lie angle with my irons. Haha. Short and flat is the way to go for us.

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0° • MCA Diamana ZF 60TX
Titleist TS3 15.0° • MCA Diamana D+ 80X
Titleist 818H2 19° • Accra FX 300H M4, Tipped 1"
Callaway Apex Pro19 (4-Pw) • PX 6.0
Callaway MD5 • 50.10S, 54.10S, 59.09C • PX 6.0
SIK Pro C 33” • Titleist Left Dash ProV1x

Golf Swing Attached from the day the photos were taken. I am aware I'm aiming to the right. It was intentional.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRmzIRE-Pf0&feature=youtu.be[/media]

Nice.clubs, nice swing, nice weather, nice guy..........Its enough to make me sick :lol:

Seriously. Great to see a little vid, so we can all put a swing to the face.

Solid action right there.... :hi:

PING - G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
PING  ZING2 Irons (4-PW) - Black Lie angle - JZ Stiff
CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) DG Pro: S300
RIFE Iconic Three Putter -  343g  / 34.5" / 68 Deg 

TAYLORMADE TP5-X Yellow << 2021 Version >>

Regards "Shuv" : sevenfourate's WITB LINK (Click right here):

Very nice setup. And you've got nice tattoos there as well. :) This is probably not directly related to golf, but how did you manage to set up a business, commit to a marriage, while at the same time, maintain your scratch handicap? I don't have my own business, but I always feel that 24 hour a day is just not enough.

Thanks mate, the tattoos have been a work in progress and still a few more to add over time.

As for setting up a Business, getting married and having kids whilst maintaining a scratch handicap, well I guess it was down to how I practiced, I would have a few hours a week where I could and I would do a lot of drills without a ball, just at home in front of a window or mirror. I have always had good course management and make it a priority to know my yardage a which helps. If I had time to head to the course I'd do a bit of short game work and play a few holes. Other than that I'd play 18holes once a week on a Saturday and just put my all into it. I'm not sure that that's very helpful to you, but that's about all I ever did.

That's a very good advice! I will try to spend more time to do some sort of indoor drills without a ball. In this winter UK weather, that would be a great thing to do in order to keep my game sharp. Haha

PS: That's a very solid swing. Wish you all the best in 2016!

Golf Swing Attached from the day the photos were taken. I am aware I'm aiming to the right. It was intentional.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRmzIRE-Pf0&feature=youtu.be[/media]

Nice.clubs, nice swing, nice weather, nice guy..........Its enough to make me sick :lol:

Seriously. Great to see a little vid, so we can all put a swing to the face.

Solid action right there.... :hi:

hahaha, thanks mate, Have really tried to simplify the swing. Still a work in progress but a little more worrying about distance control rather than - if I am on plane.

Very nice setup. And you've got nice tattoos there as well. :) This is probably not directly related to golf, but how did you manage to set up a business, commit to a marriage, while at the same time, maintain your scratch handicap? I don't have my own business, but I always feel that 24 hour a day is just not enough.

That's a very good advice! I will try to spend more time to do some sort of indoor drills without a ball. In this winter UK weather, that would be a great thing to do in order to keep my game sharp. Haha

PS: That's a very solid swing. Wish you all the best in 2016!

Thanks mate, Best thing to do, is asses your strengths and weaknesses, in winter focus on the weakness more and dedicate some home time to that, even if its just mimicking a pitching action or rolling 6foot putts on a matt for half an hour a day.

Best of luck with your game this year. :)

Nice bag and nice swing!

Thanks my friend and thanks for taking the time to read the post.

This is a great bag, really liking the irons. I just got an AD DI 6x for my Optiforce and it's honestly the sweetest feeling driver I've ever hit.

I like what you said about doing practice drills at home without a ball, it's something I need to do more of seeing as my nearest range is a bit expensive on my budget.

Titleist 910D3 9.5°
Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18°

Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron
Callaway ApexMB '18 4 - PW
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Ping Scottsdale Halfpipe