Which exotic car

Emperoryder

unless going around corners was involved........ american cars may have huge engines and lots of grunt, but everyone knows if you want a serious sports car that handles on proper roads and is fun to drive you need to buy european...

The Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 just shattered the previous record lap at the German Nurburgring track in June and the latest record holder as of August is a '09 Dodge Viper SRT-10. They both have huge engines, lots of grunt as mentioned before and perform on proper roads all at the same time..imagine that.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unless going around corners was involved........ american cars may have huge engines and lots of grunt, but everyone knows if you want a serious sports car that handles on proper roads and is fun to drive you need to buy european...

The Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 just shattered the previous record lap at the German Nurburgring track in June and the latest record holder as of August is a '09 Dodge Viper SRT-10. They both have huge engines, lots of grunt as mentioned before and perform on proper roads all at the same time..imagine that.

The ZR1 was beaten by the Enzo, Zonda and the Maserati in August, and the time the ZR1 set only topped a time by the Maserati in semi-wet conditions. But yes the Viper did top those, but if you look you will see it was a seriously modified Viper, not a normal production model straight out of the factory like the Enzo, Zonda and Maserati it topped... You could say the Viper was on it's way to GT spec, and if you go down that route the time for 'The Ring' in a GT car is nearly 20sec quicker....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordschleife_...uction_vehicles

oh, and as a teaser.....these are road legal without the front spliter attached... http://www.astonmartinracing.com/eng/thecars

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
new 2009 CTS-V

enough room for 3 friends and 4 golf bags, and will still beat you to the course

Wouldn't call it a supercar, but thats a mighty fine choice for a sedan.

The ZR1 was beaten by the Enzo, Zonda and the Maserati in August, and the time the ZR1 set only topped a time by the Maserati in semi-wet conditions. But yes the Viper did top those, but if you look you will see it was a seriously modified Viper, not a normal production model straight out of the factory like the Enzo, Zonda and Maserati it topped... You could say the Viper was on it's way to GT spec, and if you go down that route the time for 'The Ring' in a GT car is nearly 20sec quicker....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordschleife_...uction_vehicles

oh, and as a teaser.....these are road legal without the front spliter attached... http://www.astonmartinracing.com/eng/thecars

Enzo: $650,000 (now well over $1,000,000)

Zonda:$325,000

MC12: $700,000

I would hope at those prices they can beat a $100,000 Corvette :rolleyes:

Might I add that the ACR is a normal production car.

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/dodge..._acr/index.html

So I'll buy my Zr1 and my ACR, and save the extra $500,000 that I would've spent buying an MC12

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

An ariel atom. sub 3 sec 0-60 and one of the best handling cars out there

ariel_atom.jpg

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

I guess since I can't pick my very own 2001 Mustang GT.....I'll take a McLaren F1 because....the damn thing comes with a custom McLaren golf bag that fits right inside the car!!! A friggin' supercar with a custom golf bag, priceless!!! Check it out...I saw it on Youtube. I'd post the link but I don't know how. As soon as I saw it I knew that was my dream car. Someday......................

I voted for the F430.

Although, any of the list would be a great time.

The Astons are coming down in price--DB7's and even earlier Vanquish models are dipping into price territory of a new F350...

"supercars" aren't all unobtainable.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

• 2 weeks later...
The Audi R8 was the best car is sports car racing history, why wouldn't you buy it, plus the AUDI is just the best. Watch a show called top gear on BBC america they will do a review on it soon, and that show rocks, they actually will say a supercar sucks if it really does.

If you don't want to wait for the horrible watered down version that we get in the states you can watch it here >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzY_YA0CW00

Jeremy Clarkson on what it's like to drive the R8. "It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightley"

Check out this site, every episode of top gear ever produced. http://www.finalgear.com/

• 2 months later...

Lol... what decade did you wake up in. Haha.

Oh and if I could take an exotic for a weekend it would have to be a black Ferrari Enzo!

enzoblack.jpg

Might even be more fun to try an FXX...

ferrari-fxx-big-1.JPG

Lol... what decade did you wake up in. Haha.

You can't have driven proper European sports cars on European roads.... I've driven so called American sports cars, on roads and tracks, and they have been a constant dissapointment over the years when it comes to handling.

Yes they are getting better and the last year has seen some good improvements but you can buy a car of any size or style in Europe and it will have a sporty version that is fun to drive and can be thrown into bends and corners and leave a huge grin on your face.

From the legendary Golf GTI hot hatch, the 200mph BMW M5 family saloon (sedan) and even something as simple and cheap as a Mini Cooper. And that's before you even start looking through the pedigree of the Sports cars... Lotus, Porsche, Ferrari, Alfa, Mercedes, Aston, Lamborghini, Bugatti and the countless smaller 'garden shed' manufacturers like TVR, Ginetta, Spyker, Ascari, Gumpert, Koenigsegg, Caterham, Ariel and all of them are phenominal handling sports cars...

• 2 weeks later...

Well for me my dream is one day to have a Lamborghini Gallardo

[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]driver- R15 BLACK TP TOUR DEPT, SPEEDER STFF[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]3 WOOD- R15 TP TOUR DEPT, SPEEDER STIFF[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]5WOOD R15 TOUR DEPT, PROJECT X BLACK STIFF[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5] IRONS- RSI 2 4-G PROGRAMS STIFF[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5] WEDG- BV SM5 54 M GRIND - R SERIES TP EF SPIN 58[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]PUTTER-ODYSSEY WORKS VERSA 7 TANK.[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]BALL- TOUR PREFERD, [/size][/font][/i][/b]

our the fxx :partytime2:

[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]driver- R15 BLACK TP TOUR DEPT, SPEEDER STFF[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]3 WOOD- R15 TP TOUR DEPT, SPEEDER STIFF[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]5WOOD R15 TOUR DEPT, PROJECT X BLACK STIFF[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5] IRONS- RSI 2 4-G PROGRAMS STIFF[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5] WEDG- BV SM5 54 M GRIND - R SERIES TP EF SPIN 58[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]PUTTER-ODYSSEY WORKS VERSA 7 TANK.[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]BALL- TOUR PREFERD, [/size][/font][/i][/b]

You can't have driven proper European sports cars on European roads.... I've driven so called American sports cars, on roads and tracks, and they have been a constant dissapointment over the years when it comes to handling.

Yes they are getting better and the last year has seen some good improvements but you can buy a car of any size or style in Europe and it will have a sporty version that is fun to drive and can be thrown into bends and corners and leave a huge grin on your face.

From the legendary Golf GTI hot hatch, the 200mph BMW M5 family saloon (sedan) and even something as simple and cheap as a Mini Cooper. And that's before you even start looking through the pedigree of the Sports cars... Lotus, Porsche, Ferrari, Alfa, Mercedes, Aston, Lamborghini, Bugatti and the countless smaller 'garden shed' manufacturers like TVR, Ginetta, Spyker, Ascari, Gumpert, Koenigsegg, Caterham, Ariel and all of them are phenominal handling sports cars...

Every day on hilly, curvy NC roads. Just as picturesque in the mountains, especially on the Tail of the Dragon.

image0016ip5.jpg

I believe it is you that hasn't truly driven a modern American sports car. If the latest Nurburgring times are accurate, there are 2 American cars in the top 6. Including a bone stock C6 ZR1 Corvette.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...