2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Which Accessories Identify You As A Hacker?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely iron covers and ball retrievers! Those are 1A and 1B.

Happy Friggin New Years Bro, lmao

All the Best,

RP

I just busted out laughing. I was hitting balls at the range and the gentlemen beside had those on his irons.

Oh he just happened to be a Mizuno rep and we had a great talk about the new lines, putters, and how much I love their irons.

So at the end of the day looks can be deceiving :-)

Happy New Year!

Seems like a bit of denial going on in this thread! I would say dirty clubs that obviously haven't been cleaned in half a dozen rounds is a good sign of a hacker. If the guy doesn't care enough to clean his grooves before shots, he obviously knows it won't make a difference either way for him.

I was playing with this gentleman one time and his clubs were absolutely filthy. I mean I have seen dirty clubs before but these were beyond the pale. I am anal about keeping my equipment clean, finally I couldn't take it anymore and toward the end of the round I asked him about it. He said he cleans them once a year whether they need it or not.

I read this entire thread and can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet...Yellow balls

Since the thread title says "what identifes YOU (myself) as a hacker", at any given time, the following are in my bag:

Yellow Chrome+/ChromeSofts

Iron covers (bonus: wedge covers)

All stock shafts

Plastic tees - evolution, champ, etc

Club brush with plastic and metal bristles on opposite sides

Bushnell laser

Hefty SuperStroke putter grip

Mark mender divot tool

14 extra spikes

Cigar holder clip

Hack-tastic.

Nike Vapor Fly Pro
Cobra BiO Cell 3W, 3H
Nike Vapor Pro Combo 4-AW
Callaway MD2 T-grind 54.11, 58.9
Scotty Select Newport 2, SS Fatso 5.0

That's kinda how a Jones bag is supposed to be carried, opposite a usual one

I figure as much, but I see guys carrying their stand bags or cart/staff bags like this... :dntknw:

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade M5 15* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2TS X
Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
Miura Baby Blade 4-P - KBS $-Taper X
Miura Wedges - 52*, 56* - KBS $-Taper X
Callaway MD4 Tactical 60*
PXG Darkness Operator

Since the thread title says "what identifes YOU (myself) as a hacker", at any given time, the following are in my bag

HaHa, I was just thinking this as I was getting ready to click on the link to the latest posts: "This thread is titled "Which Accessories Identify YOU As A Hacker", so basically everyone who posts something is saying "I'm a hacker. You can tell because I have ...""

RP, I don't get the "what's your miss?" response... did he mean the 8th, 9th, and 10th hole on the course?

Sorry Bro, I assumed, lol...

Yep, I know what the clichéd response is and I'm guilty, lol.

That's the first question that Pete would ask a student their first time on the line with him, and I was 14yo when he asked it and my answer then was the same as it was in 2012 and the 38 years in between-

A pull hook.....

As Madison was his protege she will ask the same question and if, as was the case with this Gent, they either don't understand the question or have more than one miss, as in every swing is a magical mystery tour, they would ask him to take a 6i and hit some balls and go from there-

I know I'm not tellin you anything however for those that are still sorta in the dark, and that's ok, cuz if you haven't been taught, how would you know, and what I'm speaking of is that #1, you should eliminate half the course.

Period-

Nuff said :)

It doesn't matter which side, that depends on you and your swing-

#2, to be a Player, ya have to MANAGE YOUR MISSES-

The only way to do that is to eliminate half of the course and know what your miss is-

This Gent took it to mean what was his "miss rate" out of 10 balls-

He'd miss 8 or 9 outa 10-

He was pretty accurate on that, though he was hitting the ball better his last 20 balls and Madison worked on was his grip, stance and address position(hands position, shoulders/spine) and alignment.

He did improve and his last 20 balls, he had 11 nice balls, landing those balls on a green 150yds away with his 7i, versus 2/20 in the begining of the lesson.

Later Ed: 01/14/2016, 1:28am-> Madison read this and corrected me- The Gent put 9/20 on the green, not 11. I frickin hate when she's always right ;) Later, RP II :)

Take care Bro :)

All the Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Ok, you guys can say what ya want but I'm gonna need all the help that I can get when I get back in the game and 18 shots is a frickin lot!!!

WhereTH is my card.....

Fairways &amp; Greens My Friends,

RP

Cheezus RP I will build you a wedge you can hit---- I can not let my brother from another Mother play anything like that!! :stop: :taunt:

HaHa, nah Bro, For better or worse I'm gonna hang with the SCORs or 11's

Oh, BTW, Maddie took me to the RW&Blue today and I picked up a lone Hogan Radial "E" wedge that has to belong to that 3-9i set I picked up there last year-

I'm guessin that the guy who donated them found the "E" later and donated it-

$1.99, LMAO

I'll post it when we get home-

I'm sittin here freezin my a** off watchin Maddie finish up a lesson-

I'm sittin in a heated stall but it still sucks-

Boy am I soft, lol-

She promised me a steak dinner if I came with her, lol

Wow does this guy suck, lmao

I asked him before they started, "So what's your miss," and he says "pretty much 8-9/10," LMAO

Okey dokey then.....,

He wasn't kiddin, lmao

Please give your Better Half my Best :)

Always,

RP

Oh but I have a Staff Tour Blade 58 with your name on it oh wait it says JP not RP. Oh yeah it aint stock it has had a little grind work along with some loft lie and weight adjustments on it. After all would you expect me to own a wedge that is not slightly modified?

I've got 6 JP's that Mr. Mendrella did the grind on and I played those 1994-98, then I switched to Mizzy wedges also.

THAT is an Iconic wedge and I'd play em today!!

Always,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Carries his bag on the course; single handed by the grab handle and 'ignores' the strap.............

For some reason, people that carry their bags like this:

img_3985.jpg

Says who? I own an original Jones Bag, and I don't carry it the way pictured above.

Real glad of where I live & play because we aren't judged like this.

I have a 24' ball retriever that has an orange cage that can hold 2 golf balls. Can't think of the manufacuer.

An old Ogio bag with the woddy system. The lining ripped out 3-4 years ago so I placed tubes in it---works better that the original set-up.

Have covers on every club in my bag.

Local course the only dress code is that you wear clothes.

At the end of the season I got down to a 7 handicap.

To me a hacker is someone who judges someone else about their choice of clubs, the clothes they wear, what tees they play from, whether they use iron head covers, and the like. :-)

Happy New Years Bro :)

All the Best,

Richard

Carries his bag on the course; single handed by the grab handle and 'ignores' the strap.............

img_3985.jpg

Says who? I own an original Jones Bag, and I don't carry it the way pictured above.

I swear I saw it on their website but I can't find it now, everyone at my club carries them that way...bottom forward, I think the weighting is better that way. I usually switch it up though

img_3985.jpg

I swear I saw it on their website but I can't find it now, everyone at my club carries them that way...bottom forward, I think the weighting is better that way. I usually switch it up though

HaHa, when I first saw this, my initial thought was "Jones Scott," lol

Here, the son of a b**** goes and markets a bag, and we ban him.....

Sure sign of a Hack :)

Night Bros, sweet dreams :)

Fairways & Greens My Friends,

RP

I play golf with two Surgeons that wear two gloves to protect their hands, and both are single digit golfers, that might save "your" life someday. Also, know a single digit golfer that uses iron head covers and carries a towel in his back pocket and employees 180 truck drivers across the country. I spose my point is, there are plenty of actual idiots and bad people in this world that do real harm.

I see no enjoyment in making fun of people because their choices are different or not like mine, and many are not hacks. I am NOT remotely PC either, just know fun from being an adolescent jerk.

Happy New Year :)

Are you referring to anyone in here as being "an adolescent jerk?"

The Guys posting in here are all great guys and I don't see any mean spirited posts-

Oh, and regarding those two surgeons, well, just between you and I, that's bulls*** with the two gloves, lol(a I realize to them it's mental so it's not, but knowing and witnessed first hand what it takes to be a World Class, Top of the Mountain skilled Surgeon, a guy(s) with irreverent quirks such as those are systemic of a deeper mental make-up, and I'm talkin world renowned surgeons, and not a single one had something as stupid as that, lol. I am in no way directing this at you and they may be the nicest guys to ever don two gloves, but I'd bet their surgical skills and more importantly, the thought process and actions and reactions when s*** hits the fan are equal to that of a single single cap. That ain't good enough. Not as a surgeon. No way. No day. You want a Plus, and just like this game, the lower the better. Just my .01 worth, though again Turbs, not directed at you :) )-

My Father is former Chief/Chairman Department of Renal Transplant, Presbyterian Hospital, Pitts, Pa(24 years) and he wears no gloves and he too is a single digit, presently a -8, though in his younger days he played at -5 to -6 for years. Oh, and he also chops his own firewood, lol, sans gloves.

But hey, if they think 18 holes with the fingers and thumb of their right hand touching rubber is gonna jeopardize those finely skilled hands, then who is a half blind, partially paralyzed chop to say to em, "Bro, you're full of s***," lol, but damn do I wish that we had a few like them at the club, lmao.

I mean, my dad and some of his surgeon buds are screwed up, but not like that.

As far as making fun of people, the only person I poke fun of is me, and Lord knows I've got enough to poke, lol.

Stay Well My Friend &amp; have a Great Year and Season :)

My Best,

RP

Just a thought about surgeons who golf. I never played with any, but I would guess that with all the dexterity needed to perform operations, most surgeons would be pretty good golfers. I'd worry about a surgeon who was really hacking up the course.

I used to play with three dentists. Two were retired and decent golfers. The younger fellow was an excellent golfer, but always looked grubby. His clothes were always tattered. He had his own practice, but moved out of the area some years ago. I always thought his appearance did him in.

Anyhow, thoughts on a cold January morning.

Kind of funny when I think about it. It doesn't seem like too many of our doctors play much.

The one doctor I've played with more than a couple times isn't very good. Hard slice.

The one dentist I've played quite a bit with. Solid player, short but good irons and putter. Probably a 7-8 handicap.

We also have a pretty widely renowned eye surgeon here. He's a stick. Past club champion. Probably a low single now.

Most of ours are -12 to 13 or below with the two world renowned surgeons along with my father, both of whom are neuro and ironically the only 2 friends that my father has, being a -5(Pete Sheptak- he did Mario Lemeux's back and his daughter is Mark Recci's ex and Joe Maroon, who's also my God Father and the only guy who hawks more stuff than Arnie, lmao. If you watch 3:00am TV, you've seen him, lmao) and a -4.

I would include my father with them though he's presently at a -8 or 9 now as all three are obsessive, former collegiate athletes(all three football) and all exhibit extremely strong narcissistic behavior, lol, though we all have the tendencies, some much more so than others and it just depends on how much of a cap we are willing to put on em outside of professional arenas/areas.

All carry serious surgery schedules though all blow out for an afternoon a week and Pete used to Play in the Inter-Club "Moonlighters" in the evening when he was scratch/+1 and all play Sat/Sun mornings, so they get at least 3 competitive rounds/week-

I'm sure we have some physician chops, I just can't think of any cuz they're not around much.

I don't know that I'd equate a surgeon's golfing ability with out considering some variables such as when did he/she pick up the game, how much do they get out to play, etc., though one thing I've seen bein around em my whole life is that your best are obsessive, competitive and if they did suck at something, they would either drive themselves to improve or quit the activity if they could not excel and find an activity that they could excel in-

Your best surgeons will not ever accept mediocrity in anything that they do because it's damn impossible to Play God(I am not saying this sarcastically because for their patients, they are the closest thing to the Real Deal that they will meet, regardless of how they conduct themselves outside of the surgical theatre) in one arena and be a jerk-off in another.....

There may be an exception to this rule though I've never met him/her-

Just my .01 worth :)

Fairways & Greens My Friends,

RP

I dont understand the club cleaning brush, what do you guys use to clean your grooves in between shots?

A towel-that I have hanging from a clip on my back pocket lol. :taunt:

I use someone else's brush when they aren't looking.

All of the benefits. None of the stigma :cheesy:

Hanging from my bag for the last 2 weeks, custom made by myself.....

Couple of squirts of water, bit of brushing, grooves clean as a whistle! Nothing like clean grooves.

Available in other colours. PM me for prices!

LMAO........

I dont understand the club cleaning brush, what do you guys use to clean your grooves in between shots?

Couple of squirts of water, bit of brushing, grooves clean as a whistle! Nothing like clean grooves.

LMAO........

LMAO, when I first saw this(my iPhone), it only showed the top half and my initial thought was, "Oh s***, Bend's gonna get banned for sure," LMAO

WTH, the top half does sorta look look like a......

Ah forget it :)

I'll take one in pink, lol

Stay Well Bro and Happy New Year :)

All the Best,

RP

LMAO........

LMAO, when I first saw this(my iPhone), it only showed the top half and my initial thought was, "Oh s***, Bend's gonna get banned for sure," LMAO

WTH, the top half does sorta look look like a......

Ah forget it :)

I'll take one in pink, lol

Stay Well Bro and Happy New Year :)

All the Best,

RP

With a disability and pensioner's discount that's $50.....

Pleasure doing business with ya! :taunt:

Golf bags with beer logos. Top Flite or Acuity golf bags.

Cigar clips.

Clubs with so much old dirt dried up in the grooves that the faces are essentially smooth. Likewise, clubs where they never clean the green crap from range mats off.

Old stained towels that say things like "1994 Cleveland Area Saturn Dealers Annual Outing"

Ball retriever.

Old leather non-staff size bag. Especially if it has tubes.

People who carry their bags like the people in the photo above.

New sleeves of balls that haven't been made in 10+ years. Played with a hacker last month who pulled out a new sleeve of Top Flite Stratas on the first tee. Proceeded to lose all of them in the first 4 holes. Pulled out a sleeve of Titleist DT Wound 90s.

Top Flite X-outs

img_3985.jpg

1. Notice above that all three guys have Jones bags and no head covers, so very likely rental clubs (sure sign of a hack)

2. The guy on the left is wearing spikeless shoes (hack shoes)

3. None of them are wearing golf gloves (hack-like, unless they take them off after every shot, a sure sign of a "player")

4. Judging by the tall coniferous trees, it's probably the Pacific NW, the home of hacking (oh, wait, that's where I live!)

Callaway Mavrik 10.5* HZRDS 6.0 55g
Cobra BioCell 3w PXi S
Callaway Mavrik 20* Catalyst 65 5.5

Callaway Mavrik 5h 23* Catalyst 65 5.5
Titleist DCI 962 2-PW DG S300
Cleveland 588 54*, Callaway PM Grind 58*
Cameron Mil-Spec 

img_3985.jpg

Yep, I think you're right. The old single strap bags had a tendency to topple over and the clubs fall out if you picked it up by the strap in the wrong orientation. It's 20 years since I've used one though!

Has anyone mentioned iron headcovers?

Bwahahahaha! :taunt:

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

Has anyone mentioned iron headcovers?

Bwahahahaha! :taunt:

Got me! I was going to hit the reply button and say "only 30 times" but then I saw your "bwahahaha! and knew I had been had. Funny! :to_become_senile:

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

LMAO........

Damn, first thought was a pump of some sorts. :to_become_senile:

img_3985.jpg

I took my set of Rams on the golf course with my original Jones bag and the first thing my golf buddy said to me was, "Why he hell are you carrying the bag that way?" I answered that I read this was the way it was supposed to be carried. "If you want to look clueless," he answered, "be my guest!" I reverted back to normal on the second tee.

I think the idea is that by carrying the bag with the clubs behind you, your hand can press down the bottom of the bag in case the top dumps down. However, your right hand can also cradle the club in case you carry it the correct way (i.e., heads forward and up).

Judging by the picture alone, I think Jones took the four support stays out of the bag for the bags they sell today. The one I have (an original from the 1980s') has four stays on the inside of the bag to prevent the bag from collapsing. Just a side note.

Yep, I think you're right. The old single strap bags had a tendency to topple over and the clubs fall out if you picked it up by the strap in the wrong orientation. It's 20 years since I've used one though!

I think any bag will dump forward from the top if you don't balance the bag with nine or so golf balls in the bottom.

Definitely iron covers and ball retrievers! Those are 1A and 1B.

Happy Friggin New Years Bro, lmao

All the Best,

RP

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4