Cobra King LTD pro cb/mb irons

Techgolfer1

I finally played with these and they really deliver. I had previously only hit them indoors but extremely happy with them. Even some buds of mine who play AP1 hit them and like them. Easy to hit for blade combo set. And they just look amazing.

Still need to make them all black

Who wld have thought I wld have black irons, black putter, almost black wedges and white woods!!!

Cobra F9 44.75” Daytona Speeder S.  
Cobra F9 3w Atmos Blue S 
Mizuno 5W JPX 900 Blue S
Titleist T100S w DG 105 4-PW

Miura K2.0 54, 60. SM9 black 50
Odyssey 7 ch 

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if Cobra is going to make a new wedge or keep the tour trusty? I currently use Vokey's, something about the look of the tour trusty wedges didn't appeal to my eye but with all the new stuff they are releasing I was hoping to see a nice set of wedges.

theyre coming out with a new wedge that is amazing! it'll be out 4/1 and it'll be the king wedge. the grooves will be similar to the cleveland rotex with traditional milling and laser milling. three grinds, std sole, wide sole, notch k grind. same no offset look with more teardrop.

Ping G430 LST 9* Graphite Design Tour AD-MT 6x
Ping G430 LST 13* Oban Devotion HB 75-05
Callaway Apex UW 19* Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 8x
Mizuno CLK Black 22* Oban Kiyoshi Black 95-05
Ping Blueprint S 5-pw KBS Tour V 120x
Ping Glide 4.0 50* ss and 54*ss KBS Tour V 120x

Ping Glide Forged Pro 59* eye 2 KBS Tour V 120x 
Taylormade TP Reserve M21 Accra Sync 

Nice to know they are making some wedges. Wish my CB set would hurry and get here. All this nice weather and no clubs to hit. Will be 2 weeks this Thursday since I ordered them. Still trying to find a new bag as well. Life is tough! Lol

Cobra L4V 9 Degree (Old Faithful)
Callaway X2 Hot 15 Degree w/ Diamana Blueboard
Ping I3 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedges 54, 58. SM6 50
Ping Milled Anser #5
All in a Sun Mountain C-130S

Does anyone know if Cobra is going to make a new wedge or keep the tour trusty? I currently use Vokey's, something about the look of the tour trusty wedges didn't appeal to my eye but with all the new stuff they are releasing I was hoping to see a nice set of wedges.

theyre coming out with a new wedge that is amazing! it'll be out 4/1 and it'll be the king wedge. the grooves will be similar to the cleveland rotex with traditional milling and laser milling. three grinds, std sole, wide sole, notch k grind. same no offset look with more teardrop.

Sweet! Is the k grind similar to the k grind vokey?

I change too much to list it. Working on that...

Sweet! Is the k grind similar to the k grind vokey?

No, the wide sole will be the notch k is similar to the m.

Ping G430 LST 9* Graphite Design Tour AD-MT 6x
Ping G430 LST 13* Oban Devotion HB 75-05
Callaway Apex UW 19* Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 8x
Mizuno CLK Black 22* Oban Kiyoshi Black 95-05
Ping Blueprint S 5-pw KBS Tour V 120x
Ping Glide 4.0 50* ss and 54*ss KBS Tour V 120x

Ping Glide Forged Pro 59* eye 2 KBS Tour V 120x 
Taylormade TP Reserve M21 Accra Sync 

Nice to know they are making some wedges. Wish my CB set would hurry and get here. All this nice weather and no clubs to hit. Will be 2 weeks this Thursday since I ordered them. Still trying to find a new bag as well. Life is tough! Lol

Had no intent today but then I stumbled on this deal, Form Stripe stand bag $120 and free shipping. Ordered gray/orange. Paired with the King irons, think it's a sweet looking set-up.

http://www.cobragolf.com/pumagolf/form-stripe-stand-golf-bag?gclid=CjwKEAiA2ve0BRDCgqDtmYXlyjkSJACEPmdwE0ErHv1CRyjlkmUtmFPMlvfHdQMRZLjJ4OcItl6WkhoCA0Hw_wcB

Cobra Aerojet 10.5 +1.5 Mitsubishi Kai'li S
Cobra LTDx 5w PX Hzrdus green 5.5

Cobra King Utility 20.5 Elements Chrome S 20.5

Mizuno 243 5-P DG S200
Corey Paul 52, 56, 60 
Mizuno OMOI 3 black 35"
Emeritus set:  Mizuno MP20 HMB 5, MMC 6-8, MP 9-P KBS C-taper Lite R 

Had no intent today but then I stumbled on this deal, Form Stripe stand bag $120 and free shipping. Ordered gray/orange. Paired with the King irons, think it's a sweet looking set-up.

http://www.cobragolf.com/pumagolf/form-stripe-stand-golf-bag?gclid=CjwKEAiA2ve0BRDCgqDtmYXlyjkSJACEPmdwE0ErHv1CRyjlkmUtmFPMlvfHdQMRZLjJ4OcItl6WkhoCA0Hw_wcB

That will look sweet

I am really tempted by these - I play the 2011 TM MCs at the moment with S300, and hit the ball pretty well with my irons (7 iron-PW) and not so well with 6-4 iron (3 iron I keep for tee shots, and I hit those well). I don't play very often, and I am looking for an iron that's fun to play with, even if it's not the last word in forgiveness, as my ball striking is consistent, even though my swing is not....

As a 5.something who scores about 78-83 from 6500yd tee boxes, would these be a disaster if I switch to them? It says TOUR (or tour?) to 3 handicap, but I have no problems with finding the middle of the club, especially with shorter irons.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

Okay, regarding the citrus strip it worked great, just know it takes the dark black and makes it a softer black

I thought the same thing until I compared it to one of the irons I didn't apply the citrus strip too. It is the actual color of the club but the orange paint really pops off to make the iron appear black. I tested citrus strip on one iron prior to the whole set.

TM M1 460 9.5* Matrix BT 6M3 X
TM M1 15* Aldila Rogue Black X
Cobra King Pro MB 2-Pw C-taper 130 X
Callaway MD3 52* S Grind
Callaway MD3 58* S Grind
Odyssey MXM Versa #1

Mine were delivered yesterday, well, some of them. Apparently there was a back order but the rest should be here in the next week. They look better in person which I didn't think was possible.

Ping I3 4-PW
Ping Milled Anser #5

I am really tempted by these - I play the 2011 TM MCs at the moment with S300, and hit the ball pretty well with my irons (7 iron-PW) and not so well with 6-4 iron (3 iron I keep for tee shots, and I hit those well). I don't play very often, and I am looking for an iron that's fun to play with, even if it's not the last word in forgiveness, as my ball striking is consistent, even though my swing is not....

As a 5.something who scores about 78-83 from 6500yd tee boxes, would these be a disaster if I switch to them? It says TOUR (or tour?) to 3 handicap, but I have no problems with finding the middle of the club, especially with shorter irons.

I have found the CB's to be as forgiving as my apex pro's. These also spin more than those did, even with C-tapers, so a little off center might take away from ball speed, but evens it out with some extra spin, for me anyways.

I've posted it before, but my distance averages are the same with these and my apex pro's. I am considering hard stepping them, or going back to x100's, and they should in theory be even a little longer since I'm launching them too high with c-taper stiff's.

They feel better than any other offering I tried from other OEM's this year as well. Only equal was the mizuno mp-25's, which are also worth a look.

Just a note if not already stated, they are producing a satin finish for these irons this year.

M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

I ordered an entire CB set, with Nippon NS Pro 950gh shafts, Golfpride MC black/black grips +1 wrap, and 1 degree upright. I did get the gap wedge in the muscle back. Once the rest of my set arrives I will post pics but I have to say that from address I can't tell they are CB's.

Ping I3 4-PW
Ping Milled Anser #5

I ordered an entire CB set, with Nippon NS Pro 950gh shafts, Golfpride MC black/black grips +1 wrap, and 1 degree upright. I did get the gap wedge in the muscle back. Once the rest of my set arrives I will post pics but I have to say that from address I can't tell they are CB's.

I'm regretting not buying a gap wedge..

I will trade a full set of tour issue warrior wedges, and a hammer xl driver for it?? ;)

God's speed on the rest of your sticks. If I lived in TX, I'd be dying to have the rest of them so I could actually play..

Anyone have any idea what these look like underneath the black finish..? Kind of a stretch, but once the finish wears, it shouldn't be too hard to get a nice raw look by some how stripping the rest of the black off.

On a side note, I've been watching the race to dubai the last couple of days, and I've noticed some up close shots of Rickie's clubs during some shot replays, and providing he hasn't gotten new ones already, they do look pretty good still. On a slow motion, zoomed in shot, the face of his 5i looked pretty fresh still, and he's probably already played and practiced more with them in the last couple months of gaming than I will in an entire summer.

My only gripe on the finish so far, and it's not even really the finish, but after ordering these from the factory at +1, there are some bending machine/bar marks on them. I saw this on another posters at one point as well. I'm not a giant stickler on small things, but I would think that when ordering something directly from the factory, and paying $1000 for them, you wouldn't have these markings on them. I find it hard to believe that there is no possible way to avoid this..

Outside of that, these sticks are still a home run.

I have found the CB's to be as forgiving as my apex pro's. These also spin more than those did, even with C-tapers, so a little off center might take away from ball speed, but evens it out with some extra spin, for me anyways.

I've posted it before, but my distance averages are the same with these and my apex pro's. I am considering hard stepping them, or going back to x100's, and they should in theory be even a little longer since I'm launching them too high with c-taper stiff's.

They feel better than any other offering I tried from other OEM's this year as well. Only equal was the mizuno mp-25's, which are also worth a look.

Good call on hard stepping, I went with the x 130 straight in and they are too much for me (not a fan of 100% swing speed with irons). I listed my irons so I can reorder with new shafts but if the don't go in 48 hours I'll be pulling shafts and going with x100 amt shafts. But the heads well I couldn't be happier with the heads.

G400 lst digital loft at 9 playing at 8
G400 3w. Xtorsion Black 80tx
G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
5-pw Miura BB with x100 ti
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

Good call on hard stepping, I went with the x 130 straight in and they are too much for me (not a fan of 100% swing speed with irons). I listed my irons so I can reorder with new shafts but if the don't go in 48 hours I'll be pulling shafts and going with x100 amt shafts. But the heads well I couldn't be happier with the heads.

I came from TI X100's in my last set and loved them but thought I'd try something else. The Stiff Ctapers are launching/spinning just a little too much in the short irons. I actually don't mind it in the longer irons though. I figured it was better to go with stiff in the kbs first to see if I couldn't make that work. I love the feel of the Ctapers and think a hard step would probably do the trick, although an X might be the way to go (91 mph 6i) so my SS is on the stronger side, but pretty much right in the spot that I can work with any of the above lol. The X100 amt's are something I am quite interested in as well.

I had a difficult time making up my mind whether or not to go with MB's or CB's. I decided that the CB set was the way to go even if they only offered a tiny bit more forgiveness.

I have 3 Vokey Sm5's that I carry. A 50,54, and 58. I wasn't going to go with the gap wedge because of the 50 degree Vokey I already have but I thought it would be nice to get the matching gap wedge in muscle back so I have that consistency in look, feel, and the same shaft. I plan on using it for chipping too. The only clubs that have been delivered to this point is the 7 iron and PW. When I called them the other day they said I should have the 8,9,and GW early next week and the 5 & 6 iron within 2 weeks.

You mentioned that you could see evidence of where they bent your clubs to adjust the lie angle. I can see that too on my 7 & PW. That is a little frustrating.

Ping I3 4-PW
Ping Milled Anser #5

The satin version looks great, but so does the black. I really want to get a set but I was able to purchase a set of Fly Z pro's for $290 in great shape. Don't know if there is enough of a difference to spend the extra coin.

Titleist TSR3 9 Tensei 1K 70
Titleist TSR3 3w HZRDUS Blue 

Cobra LTDX max 5w HZRDUS Blue 

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Tour AD DI
Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW PX IO
Titleist SM9 52f, 58v PX LZ

Scotty MOTO Fastback 1.5 

The satin version looks great, but so does the black. I really want to get a set but I was able to purchase a set of Fly Z pro's for $290 in great shape. Don't know if there is enough of a difference to spend the extra coin.

That's a smoking deal. I love the look of the satin mb's and was planning to get those but for $290 I'd grab the fly Z pro's...where'd you find that deal?

915D3
Adams Pro Mini
Cobra S3 Pro
SM6
Byron Morgan DH89

That's a smoking deal. I love the look of the satin mb's and was planning to get those but for $290 I'd grab the fly Z pro's...where'd you find that deal?

Ebay, from a reputable seller. They're 5-pw which is fine because I'll bag my fly z + 4 iron if they get in the bag. It's just too easy to hit

Titleist TSR3 9 Tensei 1K 70
Titleist TSR3 3w HZRDUS Blue 

Cobra LTDX max 5w HZRDUS Blue 

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Tour AD DI
Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW PX IO
Titleist SM9 52f, 58v PX LZ

Scotty MOTO Fastback 1.5 

• 2 weeks later...

Previously I've asked about King MB/CB with PXi shafts. Well, I decided to find out for myself with my 4 iron (CB model). Only 1 range session in, today, but I'm :yahoo: right now. What a difference! Before I struggled with the 4 especially. Just couldn't get any trajectory and had no confidence in it, even on the range. First swing this morning, it was a whole new feeling and result. World of difference. Even softer feel, great height and held its line with a nice soft landing. Teed up, even better. Pretty little draw and cannot overstate how good it felt. My 5 through PW still have the stock KBS stiff and I haven't struggled with them as I did with the 4. That said I'm sorely tempted to at least reshaft the 5 and 6 irons now lol.

Anyway, as good as the stock set is consider this one very big thumbs up for Cobra King with PXi.

Cobra Aerojet 10.5 +1.5 Mitsubishi Kai'li S
Cobra LTDx 5w PX Hzrdus green 5.5

Cobra King Utility 20.5 Elements Chrome S 20.5

Mizuno 243 5-P DG S200
Corey Paul 52, 56, 60 
Mizuno OMOI 3 black 35"
Emeritus set:  Mizuno MP20 HMB 5, MMC 6-8, MP 9-P KBS C-taper Lite R 

Nice to hear about the pxi. I just sent mine off to get installed with s400 amt shafts. I'm really looking forward to them without the c taper x 130.

I'll end up ordering the pw and gw when they offer amt shafts.

G400 lst digital loft at 9 playing at 8
G400 3w. Xtorsion Black 80tx
G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
5-pw Miura BB with x100 ti
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

Anyone have any idea what these look like underneath the black finish..? Kind of a stretch, but once the finish wears, it shouldn't be too hard to get a nice raw look by some how stripping the rest of the black off.

On a side note, I've been watching the race to dubai the last couple of days, and I've noticed some up close shots of Rickie's clubs during some shot replays, and providing he hasn't gotten new ones already, they do look pretty good still. On a slow motion, zoomed in shot, the face of his 5i looked pretty fresh still, and he's probably already played and practiced more with them in the last couple months of gaming than I will in an entire summer.

My only gripe on the finish so far, and it's not even really the finish, but after ordering these from the factory at +1, there are some bending machine/bar marks on them. I saw this on another posters at one point as well. I'm not a giant stickler on small things, but I would think that when ordering something directly from the factory, and paying $1000 for them, you wouldn't have these markings on them. I find it hard to believe that there is no possible way to avoid this..

Outside of that, these sticks are still a home run.

Cobra is using a diamond blasted process on the black finish and they claim it will not wear off from normal play

I work in a golf shop so when i ordered my set i bent them myself when they came in and was also frustrated when i saw the bending bar marks on the neck and stuff. Didn't fix it completely, but i rubbed the areas with 0000 steel wool and it did make the areas look better.

You either have to wrap tape around the hosel or don't use a brass bar. Use one of the all black bars that screws tight that is meant for bending harder steel. You won't have issues that way

Just saw this on Twitter. Black or satin? I've got the black and I love the way they look but man this looks sweet...

Hopefully these won't be on a 3 month back order immediately out of the gate like the current black ones. Called cobra the other day and current King CB/mb heads are back ordered till may!