Golf Work Outs

mditans10 ·  
mditans10mditans10 Members  27WRX Points: 0Posts: 27
Well Im going to start going to the gym again and am looking to get a more golf oriented workout, i dont do that much with free weights becuase i dont have anyone to spot me, if someone could give me a great workout without free weights that would be great thanks
Posted:

Comments

• HackerD  HackerD Student of the game Members  3213WRX Points: 185Posts: 3,213 Titanium Tees
    This book was recommended here and I've based my regular workouts on it. Definitely has helped, especially flexibility.Get Yourself in Golf Shape :Year-Round Drills to Build a Strong Flexible Swing by Cindy Reid, Steve Eubanks, and Vijay Singh

5169KXBCJ7L._SL160_PIsitb-dp-arrow,TopRight,21,-23_SH30_OU01_AA115_.jpg
    Posted:
    Ping G30 12°
    Adams Tight Lies Ti 3w
    Cally X2 Hot 3-4H
    Mizuno JPX-850 5-GW
    Vokey SM 54.14
    Cally MD PM 58.10
    SC Studio Select Newport 2
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • idiotboxidiotbox Members  1029WRX Points: 56Posts: 1,029 Bunkers
    Golf Shape is a good book. Get it used on Amazon and save some cash. If you want something free, check out MyTpi. There are some great golf specific workouts that you can tailor to your needs and get real results. I personally use a modified strength workout that I got from my college baseball coach.
    Posted:
  • DbogeyDbogey Members  702WRX Points: 98Handicap: 2Posts: 702 Golden Tee
    TPI.com is great. I would also check out this book.

51kWelHMaqL._SL160_PIsitb-dp-arrow,TopRight,21,-23_SH30_OU01_AA115_.jpg
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Tour S
    Ping G400 14.5
    Ping G 19*
    Ping G 22*
    Ping I200 5-P (PXLZ 5.5)
    Power spec
    Vokey 50,54,58

Odyssey 3T P2 GP Tour Snsr Stright
  • mditans10mditans10 Members  27WRX Points: 0Posts: 27
    Ok im on TPI.com whats the best workout on the site, or how do i create my own?
    Posted:
  • tigerhanktigerhank Members  63WRX Points: 0Posts: 63
    mate personally I reckon you should find a certified titleist fitness instructor. We have one in most capital cities here in Oz, and one in smallish country town where I am living now, so I reckon you should be able to find one somewhere near you ??? I think you can go onto the website and search a post code and find one near you???

Otherwise, just talk to a personal trainer at your local gym and ask him to develop a golf specific program for you....

I'm in process of getting mine reviewed at moment.

hope this helps

Brent
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.