New golf Season

first team practice today
First team practice was today. We have some good lookin' players. I'm glad to see we have a TPC course on our schedule. TPC at Wakefield Plantation, here comes LEESVILLE! Go Pride!

Comments

• golfpunk59golfpunk59 Members Posts: 424 ✭✭
    Yeah we have our fist practice next week and a great lookin team. Cuz this is my last year on the team i'mm gonna make sure i got out with a bang.
    Driver: 9* M3 440 Fuji Pro Tour Spec 63x
    3 Wood: 17* M1 HZRDUS Red 6.5 
    3 Iron: Titleist 712u Tour Issue S400
    Irons: 4-PW 716 MB Tour Issue DG AMT X100 
    Wedges: SM6 52* F 58* D Dynamic Gold S400
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Mid Slant
  • drpaperclip7drpaperclip7 Members Posts: 62
    u guys r lucky, i got to wait till august image/fool.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
  • Golfin4WeezerGolfin4Weezer Members Posts: 173
    golfpunk59 wrote on Feb 22 2006, 08:13 PM:

Yeah we have our fist practice next week and a great lookin team. Cuz this is my last year on the team i'mm gonna make sure i got out with a bang.

I messed up freshman year and didnt make the team so here I am Sophomore year sitting on a number 6 spot, chillin and waiting to play on up.
  • sync71sync71 Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,534
    Well I am going into my first year of High School Golf This year and I can't wait to for it to start. But that'll be sometime in april.
  • greenmachine0227greenmachine0227 Members Posts: 303
    MassenaRedRaiders wrote on Feb 25 2006, 10:35 AM:

Well I am going into my first year of High School Golf This year and I can't wait to for it to start. But that'll be sometime in april.

Wow! You've got a really late starting season. Our first practice is next Monday and our first match is the Tuesday of the week after.
  • flamtapflamtap Welcome to the Tour. Jr. Boomers Posts: 288
    our season started August 26, the first day of school last year. we had tryouts on the first day of school. then 2 golfers on our team got kicked out of school because we got searched at the meeting because last year 2 golfers got caught smoking weed at the last match. our season has been over for a LONG time
  • haltham2006haltham2006 Members Posts: 62
    what is the set up for your teams in america?

is it team of 5, 1 on 1 match play like in england?

I'm my clubs junior captain this year so im basically guarenteed in the team image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
  • kblakeney35kblakeney35 Jr. Boomers Posts: 937
    Darn cold weather here in Iowa. Our season probably wont start for another 3-4 weeks. image/cray.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> And even then the weather will still be horrible.

haltham2006 wrote on Feb 25 2006, 05:47 PM:

I'm my clubs junior captain this year so im basically guarenteed in the team image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

We play teams of 5, stroke play. I dont know about the rest of the US though.
  • Lord ThomasLord Thomas Resident Royal Junior Mod Squad Posts: 880

At my high school we played six guys and counted the low four scores for matches, and for tournaments we played five guys and counted the low four scores.

-Thomas
  • Golfin4WeezerGolfin4Weezer Members Posts: 173
    Lord Thomas wrote on Feb 26 2006, 10:19 AM:

At my high school we played six guys and counted the low four scores for matches, and for tournaments we played five guys and counted the low four scores.

-Thomas

There are 11 guys on my team. 6 players play stroke play against the other team. We take one backup player to conference matches, and 2 backup players to non-conference matches.
  • Ryno920Ryno920 Posts: 105
    We aren't allowed to practice here until March 27, but that's spring break for me so tryouts won't be until April 3. And then, April 7 and 8 is our first meet which is a two day, 36 hole meet.