2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

**My sticks** 2021

RAMMING SPEED! These are my soldiers that I am taking into battle with me for the upcoming 2016 season.

Finished last year on a real solid note, and didn't make too many changes but just a bit of tweaking on some things I had been wanting to adjust. Here is what made the cut:

Continuing with the Newport. I made a change to the betti for a bit last year, super cool outer but just never could get that feeling and confidence back that I had with the Scotty. Finally found one I liked and pulled the trigger. Going to the grave with it. This winter was able to do some paintwork on my own……..

As for the bag, keeping with the same wedges and irons. Only change would be added the combo set with the 5 and 6 iron in the CB. Was a good transition and they will remain in the bag. The few extra degrees strong on the Cbs haven't really stretched the gaps out too far where it would be an issue.

Hybrids I swapped out. Late in the season I found a R15 2 hybrid to replace the older TP rescue I had and then recently acquired the 3 to match it. I have the 2 at 15.5 and the 3 at 19.5. Thew the Speeder into the 3.

And hitting cleanup, the SLDR posse. These dudes are my Splash Brothers, and have been in the bag since they arrived 2 years ago. The driver I have recently rediscovered my driver swing and have actually been hitting it quite well, and have enjoyed doing so. I pray that may continue this season. I did take the Speeder out, and use the Fuji Pro X but depending on situations will rotate the shafts. The Pro just provides a bit more height and carry where as the Speeder is a seed that rolls forever. Distance wise they are about the same, so just depends on how the course sets up. As for the mini, its been a game changer. Off the tee, the deck, out of my bedroom window it doesn't matter, it just works for me. I have absolute confidence in it in any setting and love the pairing with the 12* head and Speeder……piercing bullet that chases.

Coming soon to a theatre near you…….the next Cyclops movie. Currently working on putting together a backup set of Els Tours. These are super cool irons and I am pairing them with some Ctapers. Im excited to check them out once Im done……

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

Also of note……what protects my sticks.

3hybrid, 2hybrid, mini

Peter is starting the season on the DL…..I have to glue his eyes back together and clean him up a bit. Stepping into his role as driver protector will be Big Boss Bear.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

that TM line of clubs are simply incredible looking, everyone of them (CB, MC, MB)

and they flow so nice

Ive had two sets and ditched them both because I was too lazy to change out the shafts (can't stand the KBS in them)

just love their looks, TM really should have stayed the course making slight adjustments like Titleist does w their lines

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

that TM line of clubs are simply incredible looking, everyone of them (CB, MC, MB)

and they flow so nice

Ive had two sets and ditched them both because I was too lazy to change out the shafts (can't stand the KBS in them)

just love their looks, TM really should have stayed the course making slight adjustments like Titleist does w their lines

Agreed. Any time they attached that mantra to clubs be it the 2009 TP Irons or the 2014 they have been imo stellar irons. I feel keeping a model like that and just update the TPs would be a great idea…

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

• 2 weeks later...

An addition and some club work.

Made a shaft and grip switch on the scotty. Went with the red shaft to work with the color scheme going on:

Also been looking for a second driver head to pop on to the Speeder so I could have one on the Fuji pro and Speeder and just take one and not worry about unscrewing and swapping. Found a JDM black SLDR head at Golfsmith and went with that:

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

Bubba I got to get you in touch with Patrick Gibbons to make you a Niners driver cover

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

• 1 month later...

Got a new club added to the mix and a new shaft.

Traded for this sweet blacked out Aeroburner 5w with Tour Spec fuel shaft. Looking forward to going head to head with the 2 hybrid and seeing what wins out. Looks sweet in the continental finished black!

Also was able to score a AD-MT 7x to throw into the SLDR, going to be a sweet combo.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

• 4 weeks later...

Saw this WITB in person and its even better than in the pictures, especially the putter. Not to mention, Bubba is a solid player and fun playing partner. Absolutely crushes that SLDR Mini.

26689073646_7baa717aa5_b.jpg

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

How'd it go on 17 at sawgrass?

Not too bad! I dunked it on the tee shot , was a front pin and was about 5 yards short. Figured I'm there, may as well try and hero it lol. Hit another from the tee to about middle of green and 25 feet, and ended up making the putt for a four.

All in all, was happy with that!

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

• 2 months later...

Thought this was a cool shot from league at Bristow Manor last night. Was a brief group of clouds roll through and some sprinkles, then cleared up. Never seen a totally full rainbow before. Shot a 39 and we won both our matches.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

• 4 months later...

Made some big changes at the end of the season, and really have taken off with the new choices….

Biggest change was in the irons. I had these Adams A tour Els sitting around as a backup set and really only meant to bust them out during the winter. But toward the end of the summer, I took them out to just see how they played and I haven't put them down since. Even got rid of the MCs I had played for the past season and half or so. They feel good to me, and the main thing is the flight, distance and performance. I have them paired with Ctapers and it has made a great combination. High, super long and they stick to the green when they land. The MCs were a bit lower of a flight, but now I'm back to my natural super high ball. Ive expected it to go back to normal, but still Im getting about 1.5 clubs more with the Adams. Im very smitten with these so far. Also was having a bit of a problem with hybrids so gave a #3 UDI a shot. Awesome club, as the reviews say it is very long but its also really easy to hit. Ive even finally developed a knock down stinger, and use that frequently.

Next, I changed my wedges out. The Tour preferreds were getting a bit long in the tooth so I went ahead and hit the search for new wedges. I was able to find a great deal on a new Fourteen L-10 52 degree to match with a new 60 head that I had to match the set. Ive always found fourteens to look the best wedges Ive seen, so I was excited to try a set out finally. I paired them with some white KBS customs and re did the paint myself to match their short game partner in my Scotty. The red and gold to rep a terrible season, but still forever faithful with my Niners.

Still rocking the SLDR in the woods and still liking them. I got a 460 head for a bit more forgiveness but, as we all know these are no GI drivers still. Even with that, I still can't find myself replacing them even if I try. The mini has been cemented in the bag for a while and it'll turn to dust before I drop it. The driver is video game long, it'll bite you every now and then but its still too good to replace for me. I have the Motore speeders still in the mini and 430 head, and then a ADMT 7x in the 460.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

• 5 months later...

Making Golf Great Again……or just doing some hoing. These are my sticks Im rolling with for the year, and going to be a long while before moving again. I really was hesitant to move on from the Adams, as I really liked the ugly things and played really well with them……but I ultimately went with the move.

Additions:

Driver: JPX 900 Driver, TS Motore Speeder 7.2 Stiff with Golf Pride Z Patriot grips

-Walking past this, it caught my eye. The blue color besides being my favorite color, looks really sharp in the flat finish and really frames the head well. The adjustability, really intrigued me and could provide all I need. The consistency and forgiveness really is where this shines for me. I really liked my SLDR and will keep it and bring it out now and then, but as most know, it really can sting you on bad swings. The JPX 900 keeps me in play and still distance wise in the same ballpark as the SLDR. Ive never been a consistent driver with the big dog, but this I can step up and really trust and know its staying on course, so I can focus on making a good swing and letting the club do the rest. Really so many positive things to say about this club.

Irons: 4-pw JPX 900 Forged, KBS Ctaper Stiff with Golf Pride Z Patriot grips

-These are beautiful. I saw this line at the golf show this winter, and it really stuck with me and never left my mind. Ive always heard of the legendary Mizuno iron stories, but never really found myself liking the looks quite enough to give them a shot. These changed everything. They are my first brand new irons I have ever bought, and I couldn't be happier. I have a round with them, and some range sessions and I am very smitten. The distance, feel and workability is perfect for my game and eye. They are just thick enough to appease me and keep confidence high, and I know they pack a hell of a punch. The satin finish matched with the Ctaper satin shafts look great. Finished them off with some blue cell part ferrules (need to get them turned a bit) to match the fonts and the grips. I keep the 4 in plastic, no need for it with my hybrids. Really happy and excited about these being in the bag for some time.

Carry overs:

Im sticking with the rest of my bag from last season.

-The Fourteen wedges, are great looking wedges and also are simple to maneuver and get up and down with. They are repeatable, and very nimble for any shot you can think of.

-The SLDR 3 hybrid is back in the bag, the SLDR Mini will likely never leave.

-The UDI 20* rounds out the hybrids

-And last but not least…..the Scotty. Just changed the grip to the skull edition super stroke, but thats it. It aint going anywhere.

Hope y'all dig it!

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

'18 Fall Season Update:

-Sold the Black Mist Scotty and decided to go in a little different direction. I was really comfortable and liked the Scotty alot, but got bored, so I convinced myself as long as I could come out with a profit, this made total sense for my golf game :WTF: . I ended with a Queen B after some hemming and hawing because I like the color, and the shape. It took some time to get used to the difference in feel (alot firmer), the size of the head (its pretty small), more time than I expected, but once I got through that Ive settled in and dont mind it. Well see...

-Fourteens went out to pasture, and was again hemming and hawing over what to get. Ive never been a Vokey fanboy, but I wont lie these were on sale on 2nd Swing and decided what the hell. Changed my wedge gappings a bit to cover a problem area around 120 yards, went with the 50* and 58*. Went with the F grind in the 50 and a K grind in the 58......

-Brought back the SLDR hybrid as Ive yet to find anything I can hit better. I try and replace it, but just cant seem to do so. Traded in the JPX 900 for an M1 440, have an Oban Devotion in it. I hit the JPX pretty solid, but it just felt a bit dead to me and was leaving yards out there. SLDR mini I will likely have in my will, possibly the GOAT club for me.

-Really enjoy the 900 Forged's still, perfect blend of what I need and they sometimes bring back memories of the ones that got away, the Diablo Forged's I had. I decided to change the ferrules and went with some whites with red white and blue rings to match the bag and headcover. Also picked up an MP18 fli hi 3, and to my surprise I can actually consistently use this thing. The UDI I had was a tease, and Id hit about every 10 shots on a rope deep, but then Id look like a fool on the rest. This one tends to blend well with my irons, and I can actually hit it more often than not....to my eye, its more of a long iron replacement in my set than a standalone club. I have Ctapers in them all, and Grip Master mid size on them.

-Lastly, updated the bag itself. Im too cheap, so I had 2 years of giftcards at my local store burning a hole in my pocket and I just couldn't mentally convince myself to "buy" anything because I didn't "need it". I had eyed this Sun Mountain because

1. America is awesome and 2. it was a good walker and 3. had 14 way dividers. I went about every other weekend to the store to stalk it, but always left with out it and when asked by my wife when I got home if I spent the free money, I would always say the same thing "No, but Ill spend it.....you dont even know". I told her of this bag, one day she took my giftcards and brought it home and said "you're embarrassing". Ive use it since.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

• 3 months later...

Much of the bag keeps their starting role rolling into this year, as they proved they are OGs. J. Cole said it best, "Love Yourz"....here is the lineup:

- 2017 M1 440 just got a handcrafted LZ in it, otherwise same. I still have the TS Speeder, but Im also keeping an eye out for a ADDI to try out.

-SLDR Mini, the reliable plow horse continues its lengthy reign in the bag.

-Epic 2h with DI in it, I had been creepily eyeing them from my computer screen for some time and finally took advantage of the bogo offer. Got a few chances to hit it prior to winter, and for me the praise and hype of these was apparent and warranted. Look forward to hitting it more.

-MP18 Flihi is a solid long iron replacement for me. I actually find myself using this alot through a round.

-The JPX 900F have been awesome, and I love them dearly. Only changes: I regripped them with some Gripmasters and while still the same club, its almost like strange in your hands. Man these are good grips. Also different Cell Part ferrules, white with red/white/blue to go with the flow of the bag.

-I dropped the Vokey's, mainly because I still hate Vokey's (especially chrome) and decided to go JPX 900F GW and just carry a 60 RTX3 CB. Keep it simple they say.

-Queen B remains. I got a new head cover (Bestgrips does a great job btw) but other than that, still rolls it well. Been working on my stroke through the winter, so Im hopeful for the practice to translate onto the course.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

Hey if it keeps on working keep on playing it.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

• 1 month later...

2019 Bag:

Welp a few changes:

Putter:

I tried so hard, I really did I swear. I gave the QB7 every last inch and opportunity, but I just couldn't get consistent enough with it. Looks can only get you so far, and when your'e leaving strokes out there the plug needs pulled at some point. I did find though I really enjoyed the shape, so I didnt stray far. Enter Toulon Atlanta. Tossed a Gripmaster 2.0 on it, and its filled the void of the QB. Its basically a little larger version, with more forgiveness and better feel. Ive been putting alot of time in with it, and Im really feeling excited about it as it just feels and fits better to me. Really looking forward to getting out there with it.

Driver:

The buzz and hype got too strong. I liked the M1 but I didnt really hit driver that much, so never really had a chance to develop strong feelings about it. I had lurked and read for so long about the notorious G400 line of drivers, so finally went down that path. Got a BB7x for it as well, to test against the tried and true TS Speeder. This one Im antsy to try.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

• 1 year later...

Its been a while, and my bag finally made it home from our overseas post....so figured to update for 2021.  A few changes to some clubs that didn't survive the local course, a few purchases to bide time until returning and a few stalwarts who held on.  NDMC midsize align on woods, Best Grips midsize Augusta on the rest. 

bag.jpg.8db037b3e088f5c7e428a3ff96a2070a.jpg

bag2.jpg.382331c43fb5922f57b65d083817cb6c.jpg

HCs.jpg.4d997a9cb85d12afcdb551cd380b6f3c.jpg

shafts.jpg.50dad0306f8ca6f0f9b34a7819c9aea4.jpg

acc1.jpg.b2e19d019c98025c2ffa332f4e633f6b.jpg

Edited by bubbagump
  • Like 3

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

• bubbagump changed the title to **My sticks** 2021

Have you played the black T100S yet? I love the look of them, but am concerned with the durability of the finish. 

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

2 hours ago, MPAndreassi said:

Have you played the black T100S yet? I love the look of them, but am concerned with the durability of the finish. 

I havent hit mine yet.  I tested with chrome ones, and from that and seeing used ones in bags/stores/photos the chrome ones wear pretty poorly to me, and I dont care for the chrome look in general.  The black for sure wears, but it gets to more of a greyish on the face/sole and looks pretty cool I think.  I am very ocd about my clubs and keeping them in the best shape I can, and the black wear was something I thought a long time about.  Check out Cam Smith or Lanto Griffins bag, for some idea of how they look after a bit.  

• Like 1

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

How do the Best Grips grips compare in size to the NDMCs?

I am using TV+4 and MCC +4 ALIGN (both in midsize) right now and always wanted to try leather grips. I am a little worried about the Best Grips being a 0.580 core vs 0.600 in the Golf Prides as I dont want the grips to get any bigger.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° @9.5°

Cobra Radspeed Big Tour @ 15.5°

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°

Srixon ZX Utility MKII 23°

PING i230 5-U, +1/2", 2°up
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° Full Sole

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 60° Mid Sole

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

37 minutes ago, Bunkersarebigcups said:

How do the Best Grips grips compare in size to the NDMCs?

I am using TV+4 and MCC +4 ALIGN (both in midsize) right now and always wanted to try leather grips. I am a little worried about the Best Grips being a 0.580 core vs 0.600 in the Golf Prides as I dont want the grips to get any bigger.

I really cant tell a difference between them.  Worst case grab just one, and throw it on a wedge and see for yourself, but I dont think its anything noticeable. 

• Thanks 1

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB