Life of a Conditional Web.com Member

GolfingBro

is there any prize money for Monday Qualifiers?

No, just the spending of their money to try to qualify..

Entry Fee: 15-16 PGA TOUR Mem - $0.00 Web.com Tour Mem - $100.00 Champ Tour Mem - $100.00 PGA TOUR Cut Made 15 - $450.00 PGA TOUR Can. S.Qual - $100.00 PGA TOUR Chi. S. Qua - $100.00 PGA TOUR LA S. Qual - $100.00 Top 100 on WGR - $450.00 Pre Qualifier - $250.00

For all you curious about the Nike part of all of this, today was one of the days when I went to walk the dogs there were 2 big boxes on the porch. This surprised me because it seems he already has a ton of clothing but Nike never ceases to amaze me with their generosity. I believe this is now the 6th big clothing shipment he has received since Aug 2014.. So what is that, a new kit every 3 or so months? Anyway, they are awesome.. He is out of town so I took the liberty of opening them so I could peek and share with you all. He got text pics from me..

So the first picture is jackets/sweatshirt/pants.. There are 3 pairs of pants on the rt of pic 1, I like the colors, the middle pair is a gray, they send a lot of gray hues.. The long jacket is something I have not seen before, and there is a nice thick crewneck sweatshirt in gray which is new as well.

Second pic is 9 shirts and hats.. No mind you he already has a ton of clothing so some of the shirts may not match these pants but he has plenty of others that will match.

The third pic is possibly an error in packaging as they are all XL items and he is a Large. He will need to contact his person at Nike to let her know and ask what he should do with them. They either put them in by accident or put wrong size in his box. Either way, it will be easily resolved and its the first time that has happened.

Did I say I love Nike!!!!

Twin Lakes! So awesome!

I've hits tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of ball there. Used to have lights and we'd hit balls until they literally kicked us out.

Got my first Minor in Posession of Alcohol there as well :P

Did you get Matthew's post that he is game to play? He will be here after Fresno this week for about 10 days or so..

Twin Lakes! So awesome!

I've hits tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of ball there. Used to have lights and we'd hit balls until they literally kicked us out.

Got my first Minor in Posession of Alcohol there as well :P

Did you get Matthew's post that he is game to play? He will be here after Fresno this week for about 10 days or so..

Yes. I saw it. I'll shoot him a PM with my cell number. I definitely don't want to put any kind of pressure on him, so I'll leave it up to him to get in touch with me if he wants to play.

I invited him, on Twitter, a couple of months ago to play in our Friday skins game after he posted a picture of him practicing at the short game area at Morro Bay but it didn't pan out. It's an open invite.

Here is Matthew's swing. The Duval reference will make sense to those of you die hard swing guru's I had to google it to see the similarity. His swing coach who is awesome did not try to mold him into a cookie cutter swing that works for him but rather worked with what works for Matthew.

Here ya go Aggs, I just posted the vid on the page....

My Best,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Good luck, I'm sure a lot of these guys are drooling over the stuff which shows up at your door step! Few q's if you don't mind:

1) How old were you when you started?

2) did you always have instructors, or self taught for most of that time?

3) any trackman #'s you'd like to share?

4) do you carry a USGA index? If so, what is it?

Feel free to tell me to get lost if I'm asking for TMI.

Good luck, I'm sure a lot of these guys are drooling over the stuff which shows up at your door step! Few q's if you don't mind:

I started playing when I was 7. My parents were big golfers but they are athletes. They put my sister and I in almost every sport and I ended up just falling in love with golf. I think I beat my dad for the first time when I was 12 or 13 and haven't lost since.

I've always had instructors. Starting with Gary Setting at Sea Pines and now I've been with Don Parsons for over 8 years. I can self correct and fix myself so I'm not the kind of player who needs to work with a coach on a weekly basis now. I go in for tune ups and check ins now that I've turned pro.

I don't know my trackman numbers off hand but I do hit the ball extremely high compared to the average on tour. (up at Rory and Tiger height)

When I had a USGA index my best got to a +5.4. Throughout college I always hovered around a +4 to +5

Best of luck Matt. This thread and 300_yard_drives are amazing to read. Really puts things into perspective and shows just how tough it is to make it even on the smaller tours. Both of you have a solid support of family and friends, and I'm sure we'll see both your names on some PGA Tour leaderboards one day.

We have a local guy, Dave Bradshaw, who has been on the Mackenzie for a few years, believe he won an event over the last couple seasons but has yet to receive any status on the Web.

I started playing when I was 7. My parents were big golfers but they are athletes. They put my sister and I in almost every sport and I ended up just falling in love with golf. I think I beat my dad for the first time when I was 12 or 13 and haven't lost since.

I've always had instructors. Starting with Gary Setting at Sea Pines and now I've been with Don Parsons for over 8 years. I can self correct and fix myself so I'm not the kind of player who needs to work with a coach on a weekly basis now. I go in for tune ups and check ins now that I've turned pro.

I don't know my trackman numbers off hand but I do hit the ball extremely high compared to the average on tour. (up at Rory and Tiger height)

When I had a USGA index my best got to a +5.4. Throughout college I always hovered around a +4 to +5

A little add on from mom.. Correction, I am not a golfer at all, husband played recreationally, I didn't even like golf when he became interested in it to be quite honest.. Matthew played soccer from age 4 till junior year hs.. also basketball, track, tennis and baseball, we had a rule that each kid had to do 2 sports in high school or 2 activities - keep them busy.. :) Also a firm believer in not single sporting it at an early age, leads to burnout or injury.

The day he beat his dad we were on vacation in Sun River Oregon, I believe he was 11 and I think the course was called Alpine lakes.. Gary and Don only 2 coaches ever.. He is a once a month guy or less pending travel.

And the Nike lot of shirts that were XL are modern fit so they meant to send them that way, apparently the guys tend to go up a size when its the modern fit.

following the thread and thanks for the time you put in answering questions and offering insight on whats its like to chase the dream

just wondering...in these qualifiers where you know you can't just play good golf but have to have a great round, how and when do you decide where to be aggressive and where to be conservative, if ever. do you ever pull 3wd on tight par 4, hit to the center of a green on par 3, or is it full throttle try to birdie any and every hole. i can imagine its tough to be patient knowing you have to go low. so many rounds where guy shoot 4 or 5 under, no bogies, and miss out on the top 4. does this in any way get you out of your game. are you forced to take a different approach than your typical three round tournament.

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

For all you curious about the Nike part of all of this, today was one of the days when I went to walk the dogs there were 2 big boxes on the porch. This surprised me because it seems he already has a ton of clothing but Nike never ceases to amaze me with their generosity. I believe this is now the 6th big clothing shipment he has received since Aug 2014.. So what is that, a new kit every 3 or so months? Anyway, they are awesome.. He is out of town so I took the liberty of opening them so I could peek and share with you all. He got text pics from me..

So the first picture is jackets/sweatshirt/pants.. There are 3 pairs of pants on the rt of pic 1, I like the colors, the middle pair is a gray, they send a lot of gray hues.. The long jacket is something I have not seen before, and there is a nice thick crewneck sweatshirt in gray which is new as well.

Second pic is 9 shirts and hats.. No mind you he already has a ton of clothing so some of the shirts may not match these pants but he has plenty of others that will match.

The third pic is possibly an error in packaging as they are all XL items and he is a Large. He will need to contact his person at Nike to let her know and ask what he should do with them. They either put them in by accident or put wrong size in his box. Either way, it will be easily resolved and its the first time that has happened.

Did I say I love Nike!!!!

rs_560x415-150111184943-1024.chrissy-face-globes-011115.jpg

size large...holler. :)

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

Best of luck this year Matt and thanks for the insight. Brad Fritsch is from my club so I'll be pulling for you both this year.

Titleist TSi3 9* - Tensei Blue 60 TX
Titleist TS2 15* - D+ LTD 70X
Titleist TSi2 21* - Tensei White 80X

Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
SM7 50F, 54S, SM8 58M
Spider Tour

Amazing how your head comes up before contact

Titleist Ts2 10.5* GD DI 6x
Titliest 915 5w 18* GD DI 7x
Callaway Apex 23*h Oban Devotion 
Callaway Apex 26*h GD DI 85x
Srixon 785 6-PW Nippon 105 Modus
Titleist SM7 50*, 54*, 58* Nippon 115 Modus 
Odyssey #7 Plumber Neck 
2018 Taylormade tp5

https://www.instagram.com/benzoducky/ 

Amazing how your head comes up before contact

Reminiscent of David Duval and Annika Sorenstam.

Great thread. Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime