Amateurs with Staff Bags...Yes or No?(merged)

I am thinking about getting a new Callaway Mini Staff bag since I only ride now. I don't want to be embarrassed carrying it to put on the cart, but I am tired of my small stand bag which gets clubs tangled. Decisions....

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Same as the clubs in the bag....play what you want...i honestly have not paid any attention to any bag someone else

was using. Some people mostly walk...some people mostly ride,and i would think that would have to be a factor,but does

anyone really care what bag someone else uses? If a guy wants to put his name on it in neon letters,go for it !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

You can't tell what kind of a player is by his bag or clubs.

Any player who walks and carries a staff bag is an idiot, or a really strong guy. I rarely see amateurs with staff bags unless they are riding. When playing casual golf most all

pro's use a smaller bag (they don't want to carry them either). We had the PGA Club Pro Championship at my home course several years ago and I can't recall seeing anyone lugging a Staff Bag. A number of these Pro's used to be on the tour and probably didn't have sponsors, and used local members to carry their bag.

I have a staff bag, use it to put extra clubs, works well for that. I do know a couple of club members who ride that use a staff bag, more power to them. Neither impresses me, nor depresses me. It is just a bag.

Walking with a staff bag is a bit ridiculous. Riding with one or using it with a push cart is okay.

Agree with what you said...it is just a bag.

I used to walk with my mini staff bag and loved it. However I only carried half the irons most of the time as it was unnecessary for me at that stage of my game. I love the room it has and what I can carry in it.

When living it ATL, I hated the stand bags as they usually fell over due to the hills and slopes. I just never got along with them and will never buy another.

After awhile, I couldn't understand why anyone would want to carry their bag so I bought a push cart. I love it! I walk a lot so the cart mixed with my mini staff or cart bag is just what I need.

For whatever reason I love putting my shoes in the front compartment of the bag. And with the limited space in my trunk it keeps things together. Also, when I travel it's nice to know that everything is there where I need it to be.

I love seeing people with nice bags-whether it be staff, stand or whatever. Nicest bag I've ever seen on the course was a Mizuno staff bag. The guy couldn't play a lick and even viewed all sides of the green before he putted :russian_roulette: .

If anybody has a nice Callaway staff bag for sale for a decent price, my Paypal is ready...

Nike Vr Pro Limited 8* w/Matrix Black Tie 6m3
Nike Vr Pro Limited 15* w/Matrix Black Tie 7m3
Nike Vr TW Blades w/TT X100
Nike Vr Pro 54/58 w/S400
Nike Method Matter B1-07

I have one that was given to me, but have never used it at a course. No one else may think it around me, but Id feel stupid because I'm not very good. Right now, it just sits in the corner and holds my extra clubs.

Driver - 10.5* TM M2
Wood - 15* TM M@
Hybrids - Ping G25
Irons - Ping Rapture V2s 5-UW
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM8 54*
Putter - Odyssey EXO Rossie
Ball - Bridgestone e6

I prefer lightweight golf bag for the moment. Very easy for loading and unloading.

20160303_080748_zpsjbmg0ziw.jpg

That's nice! Not too big and has plenty of room-perfect

Nike Vr Pro Limited 8* w/Matrix Black Tie 6m3
Nike Vr Pro Limited 15* w/Matrix Black Tie 7m3
Nike Vr TW Blades w/TT X100
Nike Vr Pro 54/58 w/S400
Nike Method Matter B1-07

I have a staff bag and a stand bag. I don't care what people have for a bag as I don't believe the bag or equipment represent the player. I love my staff bag for being able to hold all my gear especially since I travel for business and play golf while traveling.

When I decide to walk Beth page black or other courses where myself or a fore caddie is lugging my clubs I do them or myself a solid and put my clubs in the stand bag.

I am really needing a new bag and want the Callaway Mini Staff bag. I used to only walk and carry, but now that I live in the ATL Aarea, I only ride. I hate the stand bag in the cart because it keeps flopping around and hard to get clubs out of the tangled mess.

I have to admit that I am nervous to even own and bring out a staff bag. I am 10 hdcp, middle aged guy, addicted to golf, but still worried what others may think. I don't want to come off as some idiot.

I have read this entire thread and most people don't care, so I am not sure what I am worried about.

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I am really needing a new bag and want the Callaway Mini Staff bag. I used to only walk and carry, but now that I live in the ATL Aarea, I only ride. I hate the stand bag in the cart because it keeps flopping around and hard to get clubs out of the tangled mess.

I have to admit that I am nervous to even own and bring out a staff bag. I am 10 hdcp, middle aged guy, addicted to golf, but still worried what others may think. I don't want to come off as some idiot.

I have read this entire thread and most people don't care, so I am not sure what I am worried about.

Don't worry about it. Played in college and was a 2-3 handicap and only ever used a stand bag. Now I'm 28 and a 10 handicap. I have always loved the look of a staff bag and added room you get. At the end of the day as long as your not the douchey guy acting like he's a pro and then shanks it off the tee you'll be fine.

who cares what others thinks, let them laugh at ya and then land your next shot close too the hole, they will shut up after that happens.

too many people worry about what others think, I'm black and when i go to any courses i get stared at none stop. even when i jus pulling in the parking lot and putting my shoes on, and when i look up at them and say "hey" they jus look at me like I'm stupid and turn around. kinda funny it's like those old heads never seen a black guy at there courses before. i guess being young and black with new audi a4 prob doesn't help either but oh well. I'm going to get me a staff bag and i can careless what others think.

who cares what others thinks, let them laugh at ya and then land your next shot close too the hole, they will shut up after that happens.

too many people worry about what others think, I'm black and when i go to any courses i get stared at none stop. even when i jus pulling in the parking lot and putting my shoes on, and when i look up at them and say "hey" they jus look at me like I'm stupid and turn around. kinda funny it's like those old heads never seen a black guy at there courses before. i guess being young and black with new audi a4 prob doesn't help either but oh well. I'm going to get me a staff bag and i can careless what others think.

Wow. I live in NC and play at some nice courses. I see, and play with many African Americans and Asians. Never heard a negative remark in 20 years.

Get a staff bag if you like a roomy container for your clubs.

PING Rapture ^10 driver

Callaway UW 19^

PING Anser Forged Irons 3-pw
PING Forged wedges
Wilson 8802 Putter

Thanks for the reply. That is complete bull$%* that stuff still goes on. It is real though as my very good friend is black and loves NASCAR and gets those looks at when he goes to races. Give it another 20 years and those old a** racists will be dead and go. Time for people to figure life out that color does not matter, we are all from the same creator... Sorry for the rant.

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Same as the clubs in the bag....play what you want...i honestly have not paid any attention to any bag someone else

was using. Spme people mostly walk...some people mostly ride,and i would think that would have to be a factor,but does

anyone really care what bag someone else uses? If a guy wants to put his name on it in neon letters,go for it !

Absolutely. Let people enjoy the game their way. It's not like those who don't like it paid for the staff bag.

It's a game. If a guy wants to be a poser, use iron head covers, wear a white belt, play SGIs, play blades, so what? People should mind their own business and spend a bit more time looking in the mirror before they go judging others over something so inconsequential.

• 2 weeks later...

was using. Spme people mostly walk...some people mostly ride,and i would think that would have to be a factor,but does

Absolutely. Let people enjoy the game their way. It's not like those who don't like it paid for the staff bag.

It's a game. If a guy wants to be a poser, use iron head covers, wear a white belt, play SGIs, play blades, so what? People should mind their own business and spend a bit more time looking in the mirror before they go judging others over something so inconsequential.

For these folks degrading others is a much easier way to boost their own ego, rather than looking in the mirror and identifying ways to improve.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Tensei AV Raw White 65X

PXG Gen 6 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

• 4 weeks later...

Man, that's crazy. I've never seen that happen. I've played plenty of golf with my CEO (well, former CEO now) who is black. Played Pebble twice with him, every course at Bandon Dunes over the course of a 4 day guys weekend, a few courses out in Scottsdale, Cordevalle (where he is a member) and not one time has anyone looked twice. That sucks to have that kind of treatment when you roll up.

As for staff bags, hey, more power to you, I wouldn't want to lug that sucker around. I use a Jones carry bag when I walk.

egmeyxbydd00blzkryuz.jpg

To each their own (and their own backs) :superman:

• 2 weeks later...

You keep on being you. Don't let the ignorance of others affect you.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Tensei AV Raw White 65X

PXG Gen 6 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

Carried my staff bag (yes...carried - and yes my name is on it) Saturday in a skins game. Won one of only two skins won. I didn't play well, but I played well enough.

Friday, I played like crap. Really, REALLY poorly. Two OB, one in the water, a three putt, and burned so many edges you'd swear there was cellophane over the hole. Got absolutely nothing out of that round.

I also wore long pants in 90° weather both days. *gasp*

Know how many people made comments? Exactly zero.

Nobody in the real world cares. Only on the Internet where it's convenient to hide behind a keyboard.

• 2 weeks later...

My club promotes getting one like crazy with our Logo and name on them. Many many guys at the club have them and usually there is one won in almost every tourney we have so I have zero issues with people having them. I have a couple myself but dont use them on the course, just hold putters and old clubs in the man room. Staff On if you want to. Who cares what anyone else thinks.