2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

bruinsPATSirish WITB: UPDATE 2016 Taylormade, Titleist, Bettinardi, TEE

bruinsPATSirish WITB

What's up GolfWRX? Figured I would throw up a new "Whats In the Bag" with some of the new gear I am playing for 2016! I am hoping to play in some more tournaments this year and look forward to working on my game.

UPDATE! 8/19/16

Refinish on Bettinardi Putter. Absolutely gorgeous!

UPDATE! 3/19/16

New TaylorMade RSi TP Irons

New Titleist 915F 21* 7 Wood

Really like my setup I have going right now, let me know what you think or any questions!

Driver: TaylorMade M1 460 10.5*

- Graphite Design Tour ADDI-7x, 45"

Fairway: TourEdge Exotics CB4 3 Wood

- Tour Issue Fubuki ZT 80 X flex

Titleist 915F 21* 7 Wood

-Aldila Rogue Black 80g X Flex

Irons: TaylorMade RSi TP Irons 4-PW

- Project X 6.5 X flex

Wedges: TaylorMade EF Wedges 52, 56, 60ATV

- KBS Tour Wedge Flex

Putter: Bettinardi Custom TourStock BB8 DASS Tri-Sole

- SuperStroke GT Pistol Grip with 50gram weight

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Driver: Absolutely LOVE this setup right now. As some may know I was fortunate enough to get to go to the 2016 Gear Trials and this was my winning setup. Great ball flight and feel. The M1 is so forgiving across the face mishits still get up in the air and want to fly straight. Love the black/white head with the black ADDI

3 Wood: The sole used to be black lol I have had this baby for awhile, as you can see in the pics, and she will go with me until the end. Such a fantastic clubhead off the deck and off the tee. The shaft is great and gives me a super reliable penetrating flight that allows me to swing free for par 5's and snipe tight tee shots.

7 Wood: Haven't had too much on course time with this new club yet. It feels awesome and the high flight I am getting out of it looks like it will serve its purpose very well.

Irons: Pulled the trigger on some new irons. Went with the RSi TPs with the PX 6.5 shafts. I fit well into them and the flight is great. Really nice feeling set of forged irons. Head has a nice weighted feel on the swing which is a good improvement over the Adams I had previous.

Wedge: Put these in play this season. I have always been a Vokey guy and wore my last two sets of SM4s to the bone. The EF grooves are gnarly. Sooooo much spin can be gotten out of these bad boys I love it. The 60 ATV is prbably my favorite club in my bag on the course next to my putter. So versatile I can use it so many different ways. I go with a 52/56/60 setup.

Putter: Beauty. I get so many compliments on this bad girl, she is gorgeous. Weighting is phenomenal and paired with the SS Pistol GT grip I have never putted better than I am right now. Gotta love the Patriots headcover on there too!

Bag: TaylorMade Stand bag works well. 14 way dividers get annoying sometimes but I can't complain about anything else.

Ball: I almost always am playing the Taylormade Tour Preferred X or the Pro V1X.

Laser: Bushnell Tour Z. Super easy to use and I LOVE the red sights. Never have any problems and will definitely stick with Bushnell if I have to ever get a new one.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]

Awesome Setup BPI, Those irons look Awesome.... At address. ;)

Jealous of the whole bag. Have a great season.

Thanks man

So true, it is pretty cool that they were able to tuck everything in from the top. Good thing because good lord it looks like they could turn into Transformers at any minute

Great tools! Play well my friend.

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

That putter is amazing dude. Sweet set-up!

Best money I've spent in my golf bag ever. Wasn't cheap but it was worth it.

Thanks man, I suggest anyone check out Bettinardi if they haven't

Glad to hear about the 60 deg ATV EF wedge. I am likely picking up the satin version when it comes out in a few weeks. Just not sure what shaft....

Taylormade SIM Max  – 10.5°
Taylormade M4  – 16.5°
Titleist 818H1 - 22.5°
Titleist AP1 718 – 4-P
Titleist AP1 718 – 48°
Cleveland CBX – 54°
Taylormade EF – 60° 
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H   

Nice bag .... See you in 5 days

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 3w 15.1* GD AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x 

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i & s55 7i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

Solid set up brotha love to see a vintage 3W, not sure how people change those up each year. Glad to see you got outa NE, not good for the golf game haha.

Yeah South Carolina is nice, definitely miss Mass once in awhile though.

I have tried a couple of times to kick her out of the bag, but it just ain't happening! Wish I could find a hybrid for 220-230 yards that I hit as consistently as my 3 wood.

Glad to hear about the 60 deg ATV EF wedge. I am likely picking up the satin version when it comes out in a few weeks. Just not sure what shaft....

I am grinding hard on a colleague for some of the satin wedges ASAP but it looks like I might have to wait till they show up at retail.

The 60atv is such a great club. They got that right no doubt

Good looking setup and great pics.

Thank you Q

Gimme the low down on the irons! I have a set as a backup, just threw some ctapers in them and they are intriguing me big time. Love my tp mcs, but no idea why but the els are peaking my interest.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

Gimme the low down on the irons! I have a set as a backup, just threw some ctapers in them and they are intriguing me big time. Love my tp mcs, but no idea why but the els are peaking my interest.

That is funny, I switched from a set of TP MC/MBs that I have been playing for over 2 years now. Decided to throw these in the bag for some extra forgiveness and see how it goes.

I have about 10 rounds on them so far and am liking them but haven't fallen in love yet. The feel is surprisingly soft for not being forged. The only complaint I have from them is the distance being a little flaky. I have random "hot shots" with these where my ball will almost carry a half to whole club too much. This is extremely frustrating especially when it turns into dropped shots, but it only has happened a handful of times. The forgiveness with these is definitely there but the consistency seems to be questionable. I plan on giving them a couple more weeks and go from there.

I hit my buddy's 716 AP2s the other day and man do those have my attention, really nice clubs. Also, I haven't hit them yet but I really like the looks on the new Cobra CBs.

Did you find them to be longer consistently then the tps?

Across the face they are definitely longer. Off the middle it is the same. Higher ball flight as well which I like

Damn that M1 and black AD DI look SICK together!!!

It's so pretty

Great driver too. Definitely the best setup I have ever had on course.

Good stuff, love that putter.

Thanks buddy, it's definitely the "forever putter". Gotta wife her up

I have two updates coming soon to the bag. Trying out an experiment to replace my DHy Proto...

Also may or may not have a new set of irons as well.

I have two updates coming soon to the bag. Trying out an experiment to replace my DHy Proto...

Also may or may not have a new set of irons as well.

Got some new sticks! Pictures have been updated on the first post

I have been looking for a club that I can fill my yardage gap from 225-235 carry. I seem to have this yardage into greens and need this off the tee often at my home course. I had a DHy Proto Hybrid Iron but it was a low flight and had about 10 yards or more of roll on it which didn't work coming into greens and on force carries.

Settled on the Titleist 915F 7 Wood (21*) with an Aldila Rogue Black 90MSI 80g X stiff. I am getting a great high launch out of it without too much spin. With a carry yardage of 225 on a normal swing I think it will do well for what I am looking for.

Also got my new irons. TaylorMade RSi TP's with the Project X 6.5. I have always really liked the ball flight and performance from the PX 6.5 and decided to go with that in the RSi TP heads. They feel really good and for a forged player cavity they are very forgiving. My most common mishit with irons is low on the face and these seem to still have good distance and flight even a couple grooves low.

Love the 7W! Just added a 5HL 21* to my bag and love it. So much more consistent and can hit it higher and more consistently than my 4i. 222 Carry landing soft are you kidding! May never keep a 4i in the bag again lol How do you like those irons? Looking into a new set thinking TM or Mizuno to put my recently acquired KBS Tour S+ shafts in.

Love the 7W! Just added a 5HL 21* to my bag and love it. So much more consistent and can hit it higher and more consistently than my 4i. 222 Carry landing soft are you kidding! May never keep a 4i in the bag again lol How do you like those irons? Looking into a new set thinking TM or Mizuno to put my recently acquired KBS Tour S+ shafts in.

Yeah man! Never thought I would find a 7 wood in my bag, but at 21* it is basically an old school 5 wood anyways.

The irons are SICK. Better feeling than my old TM MC/MB irons and the consistency is waaaay better than the Adams XTD tour I was hitting. Definitely would recommend the RSi TPs

Yeah man! Never thought I would find a 7 wood in my bag, but at 21* it is basically an old school 5 wood anyways.

The irons are SICK. Better feeling than my old TM MC/MB irons and the consistency is waaaay better than the Adams XTD tour I was hitting. Definitely would recommend the RSi TPs

What length do you play the 7W at? I tried a few and they all came stock at 43" I play my Driver under 45", 3W at 43" so I settled on 42" for the 5HL. 43" for a 7wood is crazy TM will do anything to market their clubs as the longest.