Goinlow333Goinlow333 Members  48WRX Points: 0Posts: 48
How did you guys do?
I placed 5th overall with a two day total of 157 (78-79). We played here:

www.emeraldvalleygolf.com

Here are my results
Posted:

Comments

• greenmachine0227greenmachine0227 Members  303WRX Points: 0Posts: 303
    Congrats on 2 good rounds. Emerald Valley is one of the best courses I've ever played. How were the greens? Last time I was there they were rock hard and like putting on glass.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • philfan316philfan316 San AntonioMembers  803WRX Points: 55Posts: 803 Golden Tee
    Freshman Year - 2001 - 2nd Place (team) Didn't Play

Note: In tryouts, I shot a 32(-4) on the back nine of the second of two rounds we played. It was unbelievable. Finished first amongst all of the seniors and juniors.

Sophomore Year - 2002 - 1st Place (team) Didn't Play

Junior Year - 2003 - 1st Place (team) #3 man (80 - 83)

Note: I shot 74 - 76 at a tournament earlier at that same course. I was pissed.

Senior Year - 2004 - 6th Place (team) #2 man

We had won the state title in 1998, 1999, and 2000 as well. To say the least we had a dynasty.

2004 was the sad death of our High School's golf team. I was the #2 man my senior year and I shot 88 - 89, and all I had to do was shoot a lousy 79 and 80 and we would have won. In my defense, we were playing in 34 degree weather, sleet/rain, wind, and the tournament had to be played that weekend. The following weekend was 61 and sunny.
    Posted:
  • beachgrovejuniorbeachgrovejunior Members  1456WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,456
    Since i wasnt allowed on the senior team this year since a couple of kids graduating wanted to keep their spots, i stayed on junior, and as karma would have it, they didnt even make it out of their league, and we won Fraser Valleys(Biggest tournament for HS golf for grade 8-10, in senior top 6 from that tourney go to provincials, which is like state)

We played at a pretty easy course, but i hit it all over so i had to scramble my a$$ off for a 74, missed a 3 footer on 16, made a 30 footer down a 2 foot ridge on 17, and lipped out on my 3rd shot from 130 since i had hit a tree on my punch out on the par 4, tap in par lol

Our team together shot 301, 73 74 75 79, not bad for a grade 8-10 team, only won by 8 though
    Posted:
  • par36golfdeercreekpar36golfdeercreek GolfForeLife22 Members  363WRX Points: 0Posts: 363
    i had pretty much the same situation as u beachgrovejunior...cept my varsity coach is an a-hole...so i was on jv no prob

we show up to JV conference and slaughter the other teams....cept our 4 and 5 guys came in with 100+

i took second with an 86(crappy round) and our #1 shot 84 coming in first

sadly varsity coach shoulda taken me because the way varsity has been shooting they have no chance at all making it past qualifying for state...lol!
    Posted:
  • The Chicken ConnoisseurThe Chicken Connoisseur The Pengest Munch Banned  3732WRX Points: 0Posts: 3,732
    Last year, we came 3rd in California. The two years before that we won both times.

DE LA SALLE SPARTANS
    Posted:
  • Missinglink08Missinglink08 Account Hold  375WRX Points: 0Posts: 375
    2nd in state finals as a team(Florida)... Bradenton Prep. Our team could be the deepest around but a few players that are top50 GWR didn't play.

I took 3rd with 72-73 and lost by 3.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • rednumbers69rednumbers69 NW AZ player of the year 2007 Jr. Boomers  1027WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,027
    We won as a team this year in a tie breaker to complete the first ever undefeated season in my schools history in any sport

I was tied for the lead after one day after a 71 (-1) but after the first three the second day I was down four and ended up finishing third 4 back with a 75(+3)

It was one of the most exciting days of my life. I was in the last group and we needed a par to tie/win on a 455 par four water left (I was hitting a hook) number one handi hole. hit it just right of the green chipped it to 4 feet and made the putt, It was a truely great feeling because your not just going to let down yourself your going to let down your whole team and in my case a whole community as I come from a small town that very very rarely gets a chance to win a state title (first in 19 years)

sorry if this sounded big headed, this is just one of my proudest moments (not because of the score but because I never gave up the last round when I wasn't playing well) and I wanted to share it with you all.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • diehardgolfer32diehardgolfer32 Members  156WRX Points: 0Posts: 156
    My JV team had a great year. We won conference and had an undefeated season! I played #1 spot for the whole year.
    Posted:
  • ryandman89ryandman89 Members  22WRX Points: 0Posts: 22
    This past year we won our district by 78 strokes. Our #1 man shot 71-70, #2 71-78, #3 75-79, #4 78-79 (me), #5 78-84....but we only placed 3rd in regionals and we had to be in the top 2 to go to state. We went up against some of the best teams in Texas.
    Posted:
  • jmbgolferjmbgolfer Members  203WRX Points: 0Posts: 203
    As a team we didn't do well I was the only one to make the cut and I shot 73-75=148 and I got tied for 11th. We played at bellingham country club and the winner shot 69-70=139 He was 5 under. It was his home course though. Our girls team did well and they won.
    Posted:
  • parkkus22parkkus22 Jr. Boomers  73WRX Points: 0Posts: 73
    Division 1 Massachusetts

Freshman year- 4th in states #4

sophomore year 1st in states #4

Junior year we will win again after losing noone

South Hadley Massachusetts Tigers get off
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • gboldman23gboldman23 Jr. Boomers  1113WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,113
    This is Iowa 2A:

Finished 8th 2 years ago as a team

Finished 5th last year

We lost by one stroke this year after leading by 4 after the first day. (Sadly i didn't play junior year)

Going for it all next year
    Posted:
  • Goinlow333Goinlow333 Members  48WRX Points: 0Posts: 48
    greenmachine0227 wrote on May 17 2008, 03:33 PM:
    Congrats on 2 good rounds. Emerald Valley is one of the best courses I've ever played. How were the greens? Last time I was there they were rock hard and like putting on glass.

Thanks! And yes the greens were absolutely trecherous! Number 4's green had at least 2 people 4 putting out of their foursome, it was pretty crazy.
    Posted:
  • cfreeman8cfreeman8 Jr. Boomers  310WRX Points: 60Posts: 310 Greens
    This year(freshman year),after winning districts I got T-10 with what I would call my B-game. I shot 77-78 in some pretty mean wind. We got 9th as a team, but were pretty happy to qualify.
    Posted:
    <br />2017 M2 10.5 HZRDUS Black<br />2017 M2 HL HZRDUS Black<br /> 910h Tour AD-DI 85<br />P750 4-PW KBS C-Taper<br />Vokey SM-6<br />Edel E-2 Torque Balance<br />
  • agballeragballer Members  4WRX Points: 0Posts: 4
    Ya im from Missouri. we are class 2, which golf in this state goes up to class 4. in 2006 we won state in class 1 by are fifth mans score. then in 07 we jumped up a class and won state by 8 strokes. then this year we pretty much killed everybody and we won state by 25 strokes. we shot 311 then 303, which for a school that has 70 people in a class that pretty griddy. every time are bus pulled into the course all the other teams knew we were there to win. now the dynastys gone, but its pretty cool to be the first team in any sport in the state to win 3 state championships in a row by jumping up a class.
    Posted:
  • br61br61 3x Hackin' Hall of Shame SW MissouriMembers  2750WRX Points: 204Handicap: +1.3Posts: 2,750 Titanium Tees
    agballer wrote on Oct 15 2008, 12&#58;59 PM:
    Ya im from Missouri. we are class 2, which golf in this state goes up to class 4. in 2006 we won state in class 1 by are fifth mans score. then in 07 we jumped up a class and won state by 8 strokes. then this year we pretty much killed everybody and we won state by 25 strokes. we shot 311 then 303, which for a school that has 70 people in a class that pretty griddy. every time are bus pulled into the course all the other teams knew we were there to win. now the dynastys gone, but its pretty cool to be the first team in any sport in the state to win 3 state championships in a row by jumping up a class.

You got a good coach and it's a very good achievement for a high school that doesn't even have a golf course in the town. image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
    Posted:
    My bag of hacking utensils;

Mavrik 9*, 16.5 & 7 wood
    X-Forged U/24 $-Taper 120
    Callaway '19 Smoke Apex Pro 5-PW Black $-Taper 120
    TM MG Bronze 52, 56 & 60 Modus wedge 115(bent to 50, 55 & 59)
    Odyssey Marxman Long at 44"

Old GHIN HC +0.8
    New WHC +1.3

Advertisement
  • ryanandrew_golfryanandrew_golf Members  663WRX Points: 36Posts: 663 Golden Tee
    We had a great year! Both our boy's and girl's teams were undefeated and both won our 6A South Conference Championship and the 6A State Championship. As far as anyone can tell so far that has never been done before. Can't remember the girls specifics but we won the boy's conference by 19 shots and state by 17. I won the state individual in a 3 hole playoff. So, I'd have to say it was a very good year!!! Go Panthers!!!
    Posted:
  • DCjuniorgolfer69DCjuniorgolfer69 Members  50WRX Points: 0Posts: 50
    Freshman-3rd overall

shot 75 +3 no birdies(just one day)

played it up due to rain & it was pretty mean wind
    Posted:
  • Jules150Jules150 Members  7WRX Points: 0Posts: 7
    My high school golf team did really well in states this year. i played like a chump out at par a par 72 course thats only like 7,400 yards. God i almost killed myself after shooting 68-64 to only win the tournament by 7 strokes. Wow i still cant believe i that bad at such an easy course. Every shot into the green is literally a easy 9 or less. And theres water on only like 13 holes. My team is becoming a dynasty as well. We won states for 17 years running, and we always win by like, 20 strokes. They dont even bother adding up the other teams scores anymore because they know we won. And they pre ordered trophies for the next 20 years with our schools name engraved on it.

And yea, you guessed it. Since i dominated states im being heavily recruited by top schools, oklahoma state, coastal carolina, Florida state, ohio state. Im considering going pro but i heard +9 handicaps struggle to survive on tour, so i might as well let my +5 handicap develop into something half decent you know.
    Posted:
  • ryanandrew_golfryanandrew_golf Members  663WRX Points: 36Posts: 663 Golden Tee
    Jules150 wrote on Oct 19 2008, 04&#58;52 PM:
    My high school golf team did really well in states this year. i played like a chump out at par a par 72 course thats only like 7,400 yards. God i almost killed myself after shooting 68-64 to only win the tournament by 7 strokes. Wow i still cant believe i that bad at such an easy course. Every shot into the green is literally a easy 9 or less. And theres water on only like 13 holes. My team is becoming a dynasty as well. We won states for 17 years running, and we always win by like, 20 strokes. They dont even bother adding up the other teams scores anymore because they know we won. And they pre ordered trophies for the next 20 years with our schools name engraved on it.

And yea, you guessed it. Since i dominated states im being heavily recruited by top schools, oklahoma state, coastal carolina, Florida state, ohio state. Im considering going pro but i heard +9 handicaps struggle to survive on tour, so i might as well let my +5 handicap develop into something half decent you know.

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are!
    Posted:
  • claytonstoker21claytonstoker21 Members  623WRX Points: 55Posts: 623 Golden Tee
    haha like we are going to bellieve that. onle 7,400 yards longer than some pro courses and hitting 9 irons into everygreen, i dont think so.also you played horrible shooting 68 64, this sounds a little wierd
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • golftitleistgolftitleist Jr. Boomers  858WRX Points: 0Posts: 858
    Goinlow333 wrote on May 17 2008, 05&#58;23 PM:

Here are my results

Just curious, what state was this? Not trying to take anything away from it, but on a similarly tough course, 157 in Illinois would have been good for T46.

BTW claytonstoker, he was kidding buddy
    Posted:
  • beachgrovejuniorbeachgrovejunior Members  1456WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,456
    hailtothechief wrote on Oct 19 2008, 06&#58;10 PM:
    Goinlow333 wrote on May 17 2008, 05&#58;23 PM:

Here are my results

Just curious, what state was this? Not trying to take anything away from it, but on a similarly tough course, 157 in Illinois would have been good for T46.

BTW claytonstoker, he was kidding buddy

Emerald Valley is quickly recapturing our reputation as one of the finest, true championship facilities in Oregon.
    Posted:
  • parkkus22parkkus22 Jr. Boomers  73WRX Points: 0Posts: 73
    South Hadley Tigers Massachusetts D1 STATE CHAMPIONS

#3 Shot 78

We beat St. Johns Shrewsberry and Boston College High by 3

we gunna do it again next year too
    Posted:
  • 7D2 7D2 Members  739WRX Points: 60Posts: 739 Golden Tee
    we choked
    Posted:
  • RamblerRambler North CarolinaMembers  1750WRX Points: 112Posts: 1,750 Platinum Tees
    Cathedral Prep - AAA State Champs
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.